Furrys marrying Humans

1 view

Raymond Dobbs

Oct 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/5/96

I have an interesting starter for a thread: The possible ramification
of Furries marrying Humans. As I play a character on FurryMuck who is
in love with a furry and I am a human (in FurryMuck, yes). I am
interested in where others sit on this issue...

Raymond Dobbs
Jason_Beltz (A.K.A)

jdd...@vaxb.isc.rit.edu

Oct 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/10/96

you mean the *sociopolitical ramifications*???? Just kidding. I think that
the attitude would depend on the general acceptance of furries in a human
society. Decades ago, a marriage between a christian and a jew was viewed in
much the same way that interracial marrages are today. Now, society doesn't
bat an eyelash if christians and jews intermarry, and in a few decades,
hopefully, society's negative view of interracial marrages will be a thing of
the past.

So, at first, there would be prejudice, particularly from the more conservative
aspect of society, which would eventually die down. But that's just one fox's
opinion.

SirFox ^..^
< c, >

Love your neighbor, but don't get caught.

Amara

Oct 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/11/96

> I have an interesting starter for a thread: The possible ramification
> of Furries marrying Humans. As I play a character on FurryMuck who is
> in love with a furry and I am a human (in FurryMuck, yes). I am
> interested in where others sit on this issue...

Nothing wrong with that at all... if people have a problem, then it
sounds kinda speciesist. ;)

Amy

YSENGREN

Oct 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/11/96

In article <325712...@IBM.NET>, Uni...@IBM.NET says...

>I have an interesting starter for a thread: The possible ramification
>of Furries marrying Humans. As I play a character on FurryMuck who is
>in love with a furry and I am a human (in FurryMuck, yes). I am
>interested in where others sit on this issue...

As for myself, marriage is a somewhat mundane convention. But the whole
long term love relationship between furries and humans would be frought
with hardship. In RL at least furry/ooman relationships would probably
attract the same kind of close mindedness that interracial couples faced
earlier in the century. But I would disregard all that myself and would
heartily enter into a furry relationship.
--
From the desk of the Almighty CrossFox himself. As far as the mundanes
are concerned we anthrofoxes live they sleep. Foxes are tops but all

Don Sanders

Oct 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/11/96

In article <325712...@IBM.NET>, Uni...@IBM.NET wrote:
>I have an interesting starter for a thread: The possible ramification
>of Furries marrying Humans. As I play a character on FurryMuck who is
>in love with a furry and I am a human (in FurryMuck, yes). I am
>interested in where others sit on this issue...
>
>Raymond Dobbs
>Jason_Beltz (A.K.A)

hmm, interesting concept, I am currently writing a story with possible(?)
lead-ins on that subject, as far as I am concerned, a RL type situation would
at the least test the limits of human understanding to the universe. (did I
say that???)

Don Sanders

Dsan Tsan on #furry |If yiffing is an act, then who is acting?
Chosin Tsan on FurryMuck |(quote from an unknown vulpine)
Valsen Tsan on Tapestries |
and once in a while, Bad_Karma on #Furry. |
http://www.dreamscape.com/dsand101/dsan.htm |
(my furry page) Email dsan...@future.dreamscape.com |Sorry about the simple Signature file (just a newbie)

Raymond Dobbs

Oct 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/12/96

jdd...@vaxb.isc.rit.edu wrote:

> In article <325712...@IBM.NET>, Raymond Dobbs <Uni...@IBM.NET> writes:
> >I have an interesting starter for a thread: The possible ramification
> >of Furries marrying Humans. As I play a character on FurryMuck who is
> >in love with a furry and I am a human (in FurryMuck, yes). I am
> >interested in where others sit on this issue...
> >
> >Raymond Dobbs
> >Jason_Beltz (A.K.A)
>
> you mean the *sociopolitical ramifications*???? Just kidding. I think that
> the attitude would depend on the general acceptance of furries in a human
> society. Decades ago, a marriage between a christian and a jew was viewed in
> much the same way that interracial marrages are today. Now, society doesn't
> bat an eyelash if christians and jews intermarry, and in a few decades,
> hopefully, society's negative view of interracial marrages will be a thing of
> the past.
>
> So, at first, there would be prejudice, particularly from the more conservative
> aspect of society, which would eventually die down. But that's just one fox's
> opinion.
>
> SirFox ^..^
> < c, >
>
> Love your neighbor, but don't get caught.

In the story from which the two characters are from, such marriages are
very taboo. In fact, death threats are commonly delivered to those
couples. Then some wacko actually does something on those threats...
Or even a more complicated issue - say you were married to this 'furry'
and you (if your female) or her (if your a male, marrying a female
furry), and you find out that you or your significant other is in the
'family way'. How would you react - or how would others react to such a
turn of events.

Raymond Dobbs

Chris Whalen

Oct 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/12/96

In article <326004...@IBM.NET>, Uni...@IBM.NET says...

>Or even a more complicated issue - say you were married to this 'furry'
>and you (if your female) or her (if your a male, marrying a female
>furry), and you find out that you or your significant other is in the
>'family way'. How would you react - or how would others react to such a
>turn of events.

If a non-furry and furry married, then the damage's already been done, hasn't
it? ;) Marriage usually results in one of the couple being in the 'family
way' (unless the couple swore to celibacy or use birth control). There would
already have been some discussion about the possibly of 'mixed' kids, before
the marriage.

If it's legal in a society for furries to marry non-furries, then that society
may also accept children that result from such marriages. (Individual
reactions may vary among relatives and friends.) The overwelming issue for an
expecting couple would be if their children will be accepted in society and be
treated as normal by their school peers.

-- Chris

EMACS TNA341

Oct 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/13/96

)jdd...@vaxb.isc.rit.edu wrote:

[snip]

)> much the same way that interracial marrages are today. Now, society doesn't
)> bat an eyelash if christians and jews intermarry, and in a few decades,
)> hopefully, society's negative view of interracial marrages will be a thing of
)> the past.

[snip]

Err, well, I guess you're talking about USA when you say society. In
the society I live in, not many these days care if you marry another
race, religion or the same sex. Neither does anyone care if you have
sex before marriage, or even kids, or whatever. Why should they? The
only matter that is still discussed wildly is if homosexual people
should be allowed to adopt. But then, everyone knows that swedes have
sex with anyone anywhere and that all of us are blonde and...

--
,.
,. .) ` _ _ ___ ___ _____ _ _ _

Raymond Dobbs

Oct 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/14/96

EMACS TNA341 wrote:

> )jdd...@vaxb.isc.rit.edu wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> )> much the same way that interracial marrages are today. Now, society doesn't
> )> bat an eyelash if christians and jews intermarry, and in a few decades,
> )> hopefully, society's negative view of interracial marrages will be a thing of
> )> the past.
>
> [snip]
>
> Err, well, I guess you're talking about USA when you say society. In
> the society I live in, not many these days care if you marry another
> race, religion or the same sex. Neither does anyone care if you have
> sex before marriage, or even kids, or whatever. Why should they? The
> only matter that is still discussed wildly is if homosexual people
> should be allowed to adopt. But then, everyone knows that swedes have
> sex with anyone anywhere and that all of us are blonde and...

What I meant was the society from which the characters were taken, in
their case - 25th century Earth-like. And the races involved are Human
and Fasian (one of them in this story). Fasians resemble large polar
bears. Their beliefs and societal differences are great - if I were to
explain them all, one would have died before finishing with this post.
But another monkey-wrench I'm gonna throw out there is - what if you
were expecting a human child and get suprised with a Furry child.
Another question - hopefully more answers...

Raymond Dobbs
Jason_Beltz on FurryMuck

Raymond Dobbs

Oct 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/14/96
Another wrench - what if Furry marriages weren't honored or even,
should I say it, ILLEGAL?

Ray Dobbs
Jason_Beltz on FurryMuck

Chris Whalen

Oct 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/14/96

In article <32625D...@IBM.NET>, Uni...@IBM.NET says...

> Another wrench - what if Furry marriages weren't honored or even,
>should I say it, ILLEGAL?

Well, then that's a whole other ballgame. If mixed fur/nonfur marriages are
illegal in a society, then fur/nonfur sex would be too (kinda like US societal
laws regarding gay sex and marriage).

I'm not well-read in the US and Europe history of 'mixed' marriages/sex/
offsprings to be able to give a thesis here of possible scenarios...I suppose
in a society where it's illegal for furs/nonfurs to marry and have sexual
relations, those interactions will be clandestine and the female would take a
little 'vacation' to have the baby in secret. She'd either leave the child
with caretakers or introduce the child to relatives as someone else's.
Depending on the society, obviously 'mixed' children may end up as outcasts or
on the fringe end.

There's lots of literature and history books around that deal with themes of
forbidden relations and their resulting offsprings.

-- Chris

Jack Furlong - HillBluffer

Oct 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/15/96
> Another wrench - what if Furry marriages weren't honored or even,
>should I say it, ILLEGAL?

That reminds me of 'The Ballad of Lost C'Mell' by Cordwainer Smith.
A very sad one, that... :(

Jack Furlong - Furry/Anime Artist http://www.netcom.com/~jfurlong
Bearly Sane Studios Po Box 9104 Largo, Fla 33771-9104
HillBluffer @ FurryMUCK, Furtoonia, FluffMUCK
FUG3aA+++C++D-H++M++P+RT-W-Z+++Sm#RLCTa++c++dwd+e+f+h+++iwf+++psm#
"Just another _super_ day" - The Red Green Show

Sven Tegethoff

Oct 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/15/96

On 12.10.1996 at 22:18:41, c...@prof.slh.wisc.edu (Chris Whalen) wrote the following things about "Re: Furry Pregnancies":

> In article <326004...@IBM.NET>, Uni...@IBM.NET says...
> >Or even a more complicated issue - say you were married to this 'furry'
> >and you (if your female) or her (if your a male, marrying a female
> >furry), and you find out that you or your significant other is in the
> >'family way'. How would you react - or how would others react to such a
> >turn of events.
>
> If a non-furry and furry married, then the damage's already been done, hasn't
> it? ;)

... unless they are genetically incompatible...

CIAO, ____/|
____ |____ ____ ____ |__ ____ |____ @ius.gun.de | Radjah on \ o.O|
(_____| )(___/_(___/_|____(____|| ) @softgold.com | FurryMuck =(_)=
"God was able to create the world in only seven days because he had no
installed base to consider" (Andy Finkel/Amiga Technologies)

Dr. Cat

Oct 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/16/96

Chris Whalen (c...@prof.slh.wisc.edu) wrote:
: Well, then that's a whole other ballgame. If mixed fur/nonfur marriages are
: illegal in a society, then fur/nonfur sex would be too (kinda like US societal
: laws regarding gay sex and marriage).

That's not entirely accurate. While gay marriages aren't allowed by law
anywhere in the US, currently, gay sex is legal in some states and
illegal in other states. There are some states that have outlawed
specific acts, so gays there can legally have some kinds of sex but not
others. Confusing, huh?

: I'm not well-read in the US and Europe history of 'mixed' marriages/sex/

: offsprings to be able to give a thesis here of possible scenarios...

Why would you need to be versed in history? That would only provide a
subset of the possible scenarios anyway. Since furries are imaginary any
conceivable scenario is possible. "Humans can marry furries only if they
have striped fur." Whatever. I'm sure you could make up every scenario
that's happend in actual history plus several more that haven't, if you
set your mind to it. :X)

Dr. Cat / Dragon's Eye Productions **
********************************************** Watch this space!
Furcadia - coming soon to your computer! **

(Disclaimer: You don't have to get married to be a furry fan.)

Dennis Lee Bieber

Oct 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/17/96

On 16 Oct 1996 19:59:32 GMT in alt.fan.furry,
Dr. Cat (c...@eden.com) declaimed:

> That's not entirely accurate. While gay marriages aren't allowed by law
> anywhere in the US, currently, gay sex is legal in some states and
> illegal in other states. There are some states that have outlawed
> specific acts, so gays there can legally have some kinds of sex but not
> others. Confusing, huh?

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that there is at least one
state left (probably Tennessee <G>) where anything /other/ than
missionary position with the one recognized by law to be one's spouse on
non-holy days is a felony.

--
> ============================================================ <
> wulf...@netcom.com | Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber KD6MOG <
> Finger for PGP key | Bestiaria Support Staff <
> ============================================================ <
> Bestiaria Home Page: http://beastie.dm.net/ <
> Home Page: ftp://ftp.netcom.com/pub/wu/wulfraed/wulfraed.htm <

Penh Gwyn

Oct 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/17/96

In article <543er4$2...@boris.eden.com>, Dr. Cat <c...@eden.com> wrote:

>(Disclaimer: You don't have to get married to be a furry fan.)

Really? Great! Excuse me, I gotta go make a phone call. Looks like
I'll have the weekend free after all. I guess I'll just cash in that
second ticket to Hawaii, too.

-- Penh Gwyn, back on the market

Jagafeh Ripclaw

Oct 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/18/96

Sven Tegethoff (CHE...@IUS.gun.de) wrote:
: On 12.10.1996 at 22:18:41, c...@prof.slh.wisc.edu (Chris Whalen) wrote the following things about "Re: Furry Pregnancies":

: > In article <326004...@IBM.NET>, Uni...@IBM.NET says...
: > >Or even a more complicated issue - say you were married to this 'furry'
: > >and you (if your female) or her (if your a male, marrying a female
: > >furry), and you find out that you or your significant other is in the
: > >'family way'. How would you react - or how would others react to such a
: > >turn of events.
: >
: > If a non-furry and furry married, then the damage's already been done, hasn't
: > it? ;)

: ... unless they are genetically incompatible...

It's interesting that no one touched on that too. I would think that a
human and furry would be incapable of having kids by the very nature that
their DNA profiles are way too dissimilar. (And I just hope we're not
going to talk toon physics here.:)

Now adoption is another case entirely. There may however be some legal
problems in such a case (similar to homosexuals adopting in our society).

^---^ Jason (Jagafeh) Gaffney
=0_0= Stay Furry!
~\_/~ Publisher of South Fur Lands

? the platypus {aka David Formosa}

Oct 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/19/96

c...@eden.com (Dr. Cat) writes:

[...]

>That's not entirely accurate. While gay marriages aren't allowed by law
>anywhere in the US, currently, gay sex is legal in some states and
>illegal in other states.

In Australia its more intresting one of the states outlaws gay sex however
there is a fedral law wich makes this law illeagle. What is intresting is the
sexuale privasy act would cover furrys as well.
--
Please excuse my spelling as I am agraphic. dfor...@st.nepean.uws.edu.au
Never trust a country with more peaple then sheep. /\ /\ /\

Roger Wiseman

Oct 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/19/96

Subject: Re: Furry Pregnancies
From: penh...@shell.wco.com (Penh Gwyn)
Date: 1996/10/17
Newsgroups: alt.fan.furry

*So you know all about getting furry animals pregnant, eh?*

--
cr...@ovnet.com (Crow(Roger Wiseman)) #(:)o]
Guitarist

Dr. Cat

Oct 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/22/96

FoxWolfie (ga...@moose.erie.net) wrote:
: We all know what many furries think of humans, so you may find a hard
: time finding a furry priest to perform the marriage.

I'd think that would only be a problem in a fictional setting where all or
almost all furries disliked humans. In one where they liked humans, felt
neutrally towards them, or had a wide variety of attitudes with some
hating humans but some not, I wouldn't think you'd have any problem
finding a priest.

Well unless it was a setting where there were no religions, then it would
be REALLY hard!

I don't think we "all" know what many furries think of humans, anyway.
I never met a real live furry ever, so frankly I don't know what they
think about anything. So maybe all of us know but me. ;X)

Dr. Cat / Dragon's Eye Productions **
********************************************** Watch this space!
Furcadia - coming soon to your computer! **

(Disclaimer: If you lived here, you'd be home by now.)

Herman Miller

Oct 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/23/96

In article <327549f9...@news.erie.net>, ga...@moose.erie.net (FoxWolfie) wrote:

>On Sat, 05 Oct 1996 20:59:42 -0500, Raymond Dobbs <Uni...@IBM.NET> wrote:
>
>> I have an interesting starter for a thread: The possible ramification
>> of Furries marrying Humans. As I play a character on FurryMuck who is
>> in love with a furry and I am a human (in FurryMuck, yes). I am
>> interested in where others sit on this issue...
>
>I see no problem with it at all. If two creatures of any kind are in love,
>they should be able to express it in marriage.
>
>I can hear loud cries of bestiality from either side though. We all know

>what many furries think of humans, so you may find a hard time finding a
>furry priest to perform the marriage. Many humans see furries as simply
>other types of animals, so a human priest could be hard to find too.

Who needs a priest?

>I believe that humans, animals and furries are all really animals of
>different types, so there really is no problem with mixing any of them in
>love. :)

Difference in size might be a bit of a complication in some cases.

>Galen A Fun Fur-Lovin' Plushophilic Fox-Wolfie
>_]\-/[_ Kenneth Poland - Edinboro, PA _]\-/[_
>=_^o^_= E-mail: ga...@moose.erie.net =_^o^_=
> ^U^ Homepage: http://moose.erie.net/~galen/ ^U^

alien/fairy/furry art-->> +----------<http://www.io.com/~hmiller/>----------
|"You have passed a law that will get less respect
Thryomanes (Herman Miller)| than the 55 m.p.h. speed limit dead bang in the
(hmi...@io.com) | middle of the First Amendment." - Steve Russell

Dr. Skorzy MacFarlaighn

Oct 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/23/96

Jagafeh Ripclaw wrote:

> It's interesting that no one touched on that too. I would think that a
> human and furry would be incapable of having kids by the very nature that
> their DNA profiles are way too dissimilar. (And I just hope we're not
> going to talk toon physics here.:)

No way. If furrys really existed, they'd be so genetically altered to
either be:

1. Sterile

2. Separate Species

In either case, interbreeding with humans is out of the question.
Crossing the species barrier would throw a loop into Darwinism so large
that it would threaten the genetic stability of a world's population.

> Now adoption is another case entirely. There may however be some legal
> problems in such a case (similar to homosexuals adopting in our society).

Hey...adoption is always an option!

A furry "marrying" a human would have the option of adopting unwanted
children, and in a world filled with unwanted children (furry or not)
adopting one would be easy.

Now, the difficulties of adopting the furry you'd want is another
matter! I'm sure there'd be plenty of drooling hippo-morphs for
adoption, but the cutesey-wootsy fox-morphs would have a waiting list!
*grin*

SHAMELESS PLUG:

Brer Foxxe and I have been busy writing...we plan to have some stories
posted at his website before CFE. One of the under-themes are similar
to this thread...what if Terran generated Furries paired with ET
furrys? Can they have children? Hell no...unless the Terran born furry
discovered he was actually from the ET germline...
whoops!

Be patient, our progress rate has been hampered! But one of Brer's
stories is up there now for a looksie...

http://www.capecod.net/~jeddy/

--
Dr. Skorzy MacFarlaighn ** sko...@ma.ultranet.com **
rat-Biorg Physician ** jeff....@ummed.edu **

"The Home for Tenured Graduate Students" <-- Under Construction
http://www.ummed.edu:8000/pub/j/jrogers/

"Hemlock is poisonous?" --Socrates

YSENGREN

Oct 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/23/96

In article <326E37...@ma.ultranet.com>, sko...@ma.ultranet.com
says...
.>
.>Jagafeh Ripclaw wrote:
.>.

.>No way. If furrys really existed, they'd be so genetically altered to
.>either be:
.>
.>1. Sterile
.>
.>2. Separate Species
.>
.>In either case, interbreeding with humans is out of the question.
.>Crossing the species barrier would throw a loop into Darwinism so large
.>that it would threaten the genetic stability of a world's population.

Darwinism? I think not. It should be blantantly obvious that concepts
like evolution, Darwinism, or natural selection do no apply to sentient
special able to manipulate their own environment. The very ability to
put one group or person out side the natural forces that can be refered
to as selection(law of the jungle what have you), removes them from those
forces that shape mating tendencies and survival habits. Ergo, they, as
a species, stop evolving. Therefor, keeping anthro or furries a seperate
species would be un necessary. If anything keeping them intentionally
seperate might be considered undesirable in the long run. Because, it is
generally accepted that a broad based gene pool is always desirable for
species heariness.

Dr. Skorzy MacFarlaighn

Oct 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/24/96

YSENGREN wrote:

> .>In either case, interbreeding with humans is out of the question.
> .>Crossing the species barrier would throw a loop into Darwinism so large
> .>that it would threaten the genetic stability of a world's population.
>
> Darwinism? I think not. It should be blantantly obvious that concepts
> like evolution, Darwinism, or natural selection do no apply to sentient
> special able to manipulate their own environment.

"Blatantly obvious"...not trying to make friends I see...

First of all, Darwinism--Natural Selection is a primal force directing
evolution of a species. This happens regardless of environment. The
ability to "manipulate" your enivornment can occur on the microcosmic
scale, but ultimately, it has no long term effect on Natural Selection.
You could say the same thing about the second law of
Thermodynamics....then again, its hard to apply a mathematical model to
something like Natural Selection.

Natural Selection will occur regardless of the environmental conditions,
it will adapt itself to fit in with the new environment, ultimately to
render its control.

In essence, its impossible to place a species away from control by
Natural Selection...regardless of the environment, it will be there in
some form.

Ever been to New York City? Compare Natural Selection of those
urbanites to that of some Australian Aborigines. It will be different,
but the New Yorkers are not "isolated" from Natural Selection by a long
shot! Natural Selection (given time) will manifest itself somehow.

> The very ability to
> put one group or person out side the natural forces that can be refered
> to as selection(law of the jungle what have you), removes them from those
> forces that shape mating tendencies and survival habits.

This is impossible. Where a species resides, that is subject to control
by "natural" forces...be it being eaten by a Dingo, or run over by a
Taxicab...

> Ergo, they, as
> a species, stop evolving. Therefor, keeping anthro or furries a seperate
> species would be un necessary. If anything keeping them intentionally
> seperate might be considered undesirable in the long run.

No species "stops evolving", only the direction of evolution may be
changed. Keep in mind "evolution" may indicate a path to extinction
too!

If a species completely adapts to its environment and does not encounter
new Selective Forces, you will see a larger effect from random mutations
in the populations. These mutations may be deleterious or
beneficial...whatever the course, it is evolution.

If Furries existed and they were capable of interbreeding with humans,
it would be impossible to tell what direction Selection would take
future generations. It would of course depend on the environment.

To clarify what I mean by "threaten genetic stability", I meant to
suggest the survivability of each individual species. It is conceivable
that such a radical specie cross over would display recessive human
and/or furry phenotypes that are fatal. It could create a species not
only susceptible to human diseases, but Furry ones as well. You'd be
mixing latent, genome integrated retrovirus...perhaps awakening a new
strain of virus...

Oh! This reminds me of a concern of cross-specie tissue transplants.
These concerns have been batted about by many scientists for years (and
is still a popular science fiction topic...). If you introduce a
Baboon's heart into a human, that heart has latent Simian retroviruses
integrated in the genome. So do humans, mix the two and it is very
possible to "awaken" a viable virus by synergistic effects. It is a a
very real possibility the transplant recipient could become a "viral
doomsday" device...

So, crossing the specie barrier may cause more harm than good. Furries
as a separate species would evolve just fine on their own, as would
humans. Mix the two, perhaps you'd see the destruction of one or the
other..maybe both..maybe none?

> generally accepted that a broad based gene pool is always desirable for
> species heariness.

"Heariness"...what?

Uh... yes, a large gene pool is desirable for the variability Selection
requires, but it is a delicate thing.

> --
> >From the desk of the Almighty CrossFox himself. As far as the mundanes
> are concerned we anthrofoxes live they sleep. Foxes are tops but all
> other anthro-predators are really cool too! Yiff Yiff
> Yiffarooooooo!!!!!!

Now I understand your hostility...

-Skorzy

--
Dr. Skorzy MacFarlaighn ** sko...@ma.ultranet.com **
rat-Biorg Physician ** jeff....@ummed.edu **
(J.S.Rogers)

UMASS Medical Center
Dept. of Biochemistry
Program in Molecular Medicine
Tenured Graduate Student Division. "Confusion will be my epitaph."
--Robert Fripp

Herman Miller

Oct 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/24/96

>No way. If furrys really existed, they'd be so genetically altered to

>either be:
>
>1. Sterile
>
>2. Separate Species

Unless they were just cosmetically altered humans. Consider the wide range of
breeds of dogs, all the same species.

>Now, the difficulties of adopting the furry you'd want is another
>matter! I'm sure there'd be plenty of drooling hippo-morphs for
>adoption, but the cutesey-wootsy fox-morphs would have a waiting list!
>*grin*

Well, if there are people willing to adopt *human* infants (not one of the
more attractive of animal babies), I'm sure there'd be some who'd adopt
hippos.

(Disclaimer: The absence of opinions regarding the adoption of any particular
species, such as naked mole-rats, is purely unintentional. E furibus human.)

Pascal Quentin Porcupine

Oct 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/26/96

Dr. Skorzy MacFarlaighn <jeff....@ummed.edu> wrote:
>Jagafeh Ripclaw wrote:
>
> <snip>

>In either case, interbreeding with humans is out of the question.
>Crossing the species barrier would throw a loop into Darwinism so large
>that it would threaten the genetic stability of a world's population.
>

>> Now adoption is another case entirely. There may however be some legal
>> problems in such a case (similar to homosexuals adopting in our society).
>
>Hey...adoption is always an option!
>
>A furry "marrying" a human would have the option of adopting unwanted
>children, and in a world filled with unwanted children (furry or not)
>adopting one would be easy.
>
>Now, the difficulties of adopting the furry you'd want is another
>matter! I'm sure there'd be plenty of drooling hippo-morphs for
>adoption, but the cutesey-wootsy fox-morphs would have a waiting list!
>*grin*

what, i'm the only one in the world who find the hippos from Animaniacs
absolutely *sexy*? i'd do either one of them, given the chance. :)
--
---
Pascal Q. Porcupine

Dr. Cat

Oct 27, 1996, 2:00:00 AM10/27/96

Pascal Quentin Porcupine (pascal@) wrote:
: what, i'm the only one in the world who find the hippos from Animaniacs

: absolutely *sexy*? i'd do either one of them, given the chance. :)

Actually no - you're just the only one willing to admit it in public!

Dr. Cat / Dragon's Eye Productions **
********************************************** Watch this space!
Furcadia - coming soon to your computer! **

(Disclaimer: You don't have to... Oh, come on, you didn't REALLY think
you had to do THAT, did you? Do I even have to tell you that you don't?)

Dr. Skorzy MacFarlaighn

Oct 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/28/96

Herman Miller wrote:

> In article <326E37...@ma.ultranet.com>, jeff....@ummed.edu wrote:
>
> >No way. If furrys really existed, they'd be so genetically altered to
> >either be:
> >
> >1. Sterile
> >
> >2. Separate Species
>
> Unless they were just cosmetically altered humans. Consider the wide range of
> breeds of dogs, all the same species.

OK. Granted. However, I was referring to Genetically altered
organisms. Cosmetically altered humans remain human at the molecular
level..

> >Now, the difficulties of adopting the furry you'd want is another
> >matter! I'm sure there'd be plenty of drooling hippo-morphs for
> >adoption, but the cutesey-wootsy fox-morphs would have a waiting list!
> >*grin*
>

> Well, if there are people willing to adopt *human* infants (not one of the
> more attractive of animal babies), I'm sure there'd be some who'd adopt
> hippos.

*chuckle* Didn't want to dis on the hippophiles out there! You
couldn't pick ANY "disgusting" furry as an example without somebody
rising to their defense! I just picked Hippos because...well, compared
to vulpines they aren't that appealing to me!

-Skorzy!

--
Dr. Skorzy MacFarlaighn ** sko...@ma.ultranet.com **
rat-Biorg Physician ** jeff....@ummed.edu **

"The Home for Tenured Graduate Students" <--Under Construction. Open!
http://www.ummed.edu:8000/pub/j/jrogers/

"Death is a health crisis!" --Dana Sculley

Pascal Quentin Porcupine

Oct 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/28/96

In article <550kha$1d...@news3.realtime.net>, Dr. Cat <c...@bga.com> wrote:
>Pascal Quentin Porcupine (pascal@) wrote:
>: what, i'm the only one in the world who find the hippos from Animaniacs
>: absolutely *sexy*? i'd do either one of them, given the chance. :)
>
>Actually no - you're just the only one willing to admit it in public!

ok, so i'm a thorny little bastard. :) (ha ha.)

--

Pascal Q. Porcupine
q...@antistatic.com