Furries in the News again (Newspaper/Net Article)

spi...@socal.rr.com

Mar 9, 2004, 3:55:30 AM3/9/04

Ogg

Mar 9, 2004, 9:31:37 AM3/9/04
In article <6Ef3c.18403$rD5....@twister.socal.rr.com>,

A _very_ good article, says I. I particularly liked the way he
presented Hali's Fazaar as a creature born of imagination and
creativity, rather than treating Hali as some kind of delusional
misfit, which would have been a more typical reporter's 'take'.
Ian Demsky, the reporter, deserves a lot of credit for his effort
in trying to understand and fairly represent the furries.

Dave the welfare subsistence Hyena

Mar 9, 2004, 9:50:37 AM3/9/04
spi...@socal.rr.com shall never vanquished be until great Birnam wood
to high alt.fan.furry. hill shall come against him.

''I didn't choose it,'' Rabioloa says. ''It happened naturally.''

The transformation was part of a larger spiritual journey that grew
out of a chaotic period in his life, he says."

That more or less proves that "fury lifestyleriing" is a reaction to
something that would otherwise wreak terrible damage on the ego and
self.

It's a crutch. something to "help them through the day", No matter if
your life is misery, You're really a magic wolf inside.

Of course, The key is knowing when to discard ones crutches...

---
"Following the light of the sun, we left the Old World."
-Inscription on Columbus' caravels

Iller

Mar 9, 2004, 11:23:56 AM3/9/04

<spi...@socal.rr.com> wrote in message news:6Ef3c.18403$rD5....@twister.socal.rr.com...
> Positive: 90%. Negative: 10%

That's funny you should mention that because even less than 10% of the article:

"She(Bunnnidoll) discovered furries through costuming panel discussions at a
1998 sci-fi convention in St. Louis and found furry art online around the same time."

..And a tiny obligatory URL to Yerf.com way way way at the end of the page

As far as artists and comic fans are concerned, this article just like
every other article still to date, is over 90% negative. Once again
the hard working artists dominating the creative output in this fandom
are completely shut out as usual and the only link back to mainstream
acceptance is shut out with them while once more it appears everything
revolves around these lifestyling/Mucking assholes who just sit around
and blabber all fucking day, when they're not yiffing.

mhirtes

Mar 10, 2004, 1:04:38 AM3/10/04
In article <c2kr3g$2p0o$1...@velox.critter.net>, "Iller" <i...@bbwest.net>
wrote:

Heh heh. Just wait till the media find out about "cub art". >:)