ConFurence

Yealurowluro

Dec 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/26/97

I see the usual flamewar about ConFurence is raging again. Would you mind
hearing from one of the few folks I know of who has actually brought a kid
to the convention?

I know - you're horrified. But fortunately I didn't bring her to the
mythical home of all the Evile Goings On... I bring her to the real one
where the only "incident" I ever saw was silly, not shocking - some
otherwise fully dressed nitwit in a bondage harness in front of the set of
elevators nearest the lobby (there ARE no elevators IN the lobby of the
Buena Park unless it's been remodeled recently.). And if Vicky *had* seen
that incident I doubt somehow it would have warped her psyche. I urge
whoever compared it to child abuse to please go volunteer with the local
children's aid organizations and find out about *real* child abuse. You'll
learn things that'll curl your hair and flatten your ears... but I
digress...

Because nobody's been wishing pornography on Vicky... and if anybody DID
try to molest her I'd have their guts for garters. No rumors of feds
checking out the dealer's room for possible pirate goods - you'd have a
nice juicy report of someone being hauled out of the convention In Irons...

Still digressing...

Mostly because I'd like to report on what Vicky HAS found at the
convention, and why I continue to bring her. 1) adults who take her
seriously - there are few places where an intelligent 11 year old can sit
around with adult artists exchanging discussion on technique and be treated
like an integral part of the conversation, not an interruption. 2) people
of all ages who consider a large vocabulary and a fondness for knowledge to
be an asset even if you're a kid. 3) people of all ages who do not
consider being in any way different from the ordinary to be prima facie
evidence that you are WRONG. Remember your school days, guys? Be honest.
I'll bet the number of people in here who *didn't* stand out as different
and catch hell over it from the other kids is small, to say the least. 4)
in short, a place where you can be strange without penalty, and grow
without being attacked.

I remember MY childhood... and while my parents were wonderful, fact is the
other kids had pretty much convinced me there was something wrong with me
by the time I hit college and learned otherwise. I don't need Vicky coming
to that conclusion about herself, and she is GOING to be different if only
because she is far more intelligent than most. She seems a heck of a lot
more relaxed than I was at that age, and I credit fandom (not just furrydom
of course, fandom in general) with a lot of this. She even knows other
KIDS who like to read, and talk intelligently. She's got a peer group,
something I never had.

Thanks, folks.

Kay Shapero

Amber Kessels

Dec 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/26/97

Yealurowluro wrote:

> I see the usual flamewar about ConFurence is raging again. Would you mind
> hearing from one of the few folks I know of who has actually brought a kid
> to the convention?
>
> I know - you're horrified. But fortunately I didn't bring her to the
> mythical home of all the Evile Goings On... I bring her to the real one
> where the only "incident" I ever saw was silly, not shocking - some
> otherwise fully dressed nitwit in a bondage harness in front of the set of
> elevators nearest the lobby (there ARE no elevators IN the lobby of the
> Buena Park unless it's been remodeled recently.). And if Vicky *had* seen
> that incident I doubt somehow it would have warped her psyche. I urge
> whoever compared it to child abuse to please go volunteer with the local
> children's aid organizations and find out about *real* child abuse. You'll
> learn things that'll curl your hair and flatten your ears... but I
> digress...
>
> Because nobody's been wishing pornography on Vicky... and if anybody DID
> try to molest her I'd have their guts for garters.

Indeed. I remember an incident where one of the FLD tapes was being
shown in a room when Kay and Vicky entered. The video manager turned
off the tape and when I asked why, he indicated Vicky. I (supported by
Kay), indicated that her prescence would not be a problem, not would her
viewing the tape be a problem. One of the most adult and rational
reactions I've ever seen at CF.

By the way, I have also never seen the "bondage gear" everyone talks
about. The worst I have seen or been involved in is being given several
articles of dancewear (commondly worn as undergarments) in the hotel
lobby. All involved were fully dressed.

Flame

Super Jay

Dec 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/26/97

I'm hoping to attend my first conference of any kind within the next year
but what's all of this??? I'm lost? I don't really care what happend in the
past too much but what happened at this convention and should I be worried
if some "bad stuff" might reproduce again in future conventions. Is it
something "not nice" and could it happen again? If so I'm going to have a
he** of a time to convince my parents to let me go to any convention period.

-Super Jay
http://www.furnation.com/SuperJay/

Vinson Mink

Dec 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/27/97

In article <681tc3$krb$1...@newsbell.bellglobal.com>,
Jay, I would love to convince your parents that there's nothing to worry
about, but I know how hard some parents can be to convince... when I was
15, I begged my mother to let me go to a local SF/media con that I had
seen advertised during an episode of Dr. Who... she was horrified. She was
absolutely convinced that if I went anywhere near the place, I would come
home in a yellow sheet with my head shaved, banging on a tamborine...

[I found out years later that the con I was begging to go to, and Mom refused
to let me, was in fact a Doug Rice convention. I've never remembered to
properly thank her... ]

Tell your parents that if they'd let you go to something like the San Diego
Comic Convention, they can let you come to ConFurence with no worries. We're
a lot smaller, but the atmosphere is about the same. Except we have a
science fiction author from Britain :)

ROR
ye ConFurence co-director

}
}

Lisanne

Dec 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/27/97

In article <vinsonEL...@netcom.com>, Vinson Mink
<vin...@netcom.com> writes
This is true. <g> And one who's looking forward to attending it.
E-Mail - Remove ** first please.

Lisanne
Reality is for those who can't face Science Fiction
http://www.norman1.demon.co.uk

Jim Doolittle

Dec 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/27/97

In article <w0HPgHAM...@norman1.demon.co.uk>, Lisanne
<Lisanne@**norman1.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> In article <vinsonEL...@netcom.com>, Vinson Mink
> <vin...@netcom.com> writes

>>Except we have a science fiction author from Britain :)
>

> This is true. <g> And one who's looking forward to attending it.

Hey, I got one of your books for Christmas! :) Unfortunately, it's _Fire
Margins_, and I need to find the first two in the series.

-Jim, thinking it's time to make a stop at amazon.com

--
Jim Doolittle
dool...@uiuc.edu

Lisanne

Dec 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/28/97

In article <doolittl-271...@port67.lnd.com>, Jim Doolittle
<dool...@uiuc.edu> writes

>In article <w0HPgHAM...@norman1.demon.co.uk>, Lisanne
><Lisanne@**norman1.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> In article <vinsonEL...@netcom.com>, Vinson Mink
>> <vin...@netcom.com> writes
>>>Except we have a science fiction author from Britain :)
>>
>> This is true. <g> And one who's looking forward to attending it.
>

>Hey, I got one of your books for Christmas! :) Unfortunately, it's _Fire
>Margins_, and I need to find the first two in the series.
>
>-Jim, thinking it's time to make a stop at amazon.com

You forgot book 4, out now. <g> Razor's Edge. And number 5 is under way
too! See you there.

Lisanne
Reality is for those who can't face Science Fiction
http://www.norman1.demon.co.uk and http://www.sff.net/people/Lisanne

Allen Kitchen

Dec 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/29/97

Super Jay <dtr...@cyberbeach.net> wrote in article
<681tc3$krb$1...@newsbell.bellglobal.com>...

> I'm hoping to attend my first conference of any kind within the next year
> but what's all of this??? I'm lost? I don't really care what happend in
the
> past too much but what happened at this convention and should I be
worried
> if some "bad stuff" might reproduce again in future conventions. Is it
> something "not nice" and could it happen again? If so I'm going to have a
> he** of a time to convince my parents to let me go to any convention
period.

Well Jay, this Con will be my first one. And I'll be reporting back
what good/bad I find there. As only a few furries know me and even fewer
know what I look like, I have some anonymity for my exploration of the con.
Trust me. If I see something offensive, you'll hear about it. I'm heading

there to have fun, not search for trouble. Thus, if something squicks me,
it will be out of line.

And if my wife hears of these rumors, I too will be hard pressed
to go to any con again. But thankfully she has no interest in computers
or furry, so I'm fairly free from such interference.

Allen Kitchen

Allen Kitchen

Dec 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/29/97

Lisanne <Lis...@norman1.demon.co.uk> wrote in article
<k5GazPAI...@norman1.demon.co.uk>...

> In article <doolittl-271...@port67.lnd.com>, Jim Doolittle
> <dool...@uiuc.edu> writes

> >Hey, I got one of your books for Christmas! :) Unfortunately, it's _Fire
> >Margins_, and I need to find the first two in the series.

> You forgot book 4, out now. <g> Razor's Edge. And number 5 is under way
> too! See you there.
> Lisanne
> Reality is for those who can't face Science Fiction

Jim and I both need to make book runs this week. I finally
completed book 2, and now need to get book 3. Fortunately
the bookstore chains keep these titles well in stock.

Allen Kitchen//also looking forward to Confurenc//

Lisanne

Dec 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/29/97

In article <01bd1469$6846e480$8f301bc6@spgspare>, Allen Kitchen
<allen...@blkbox.com> writes

Bits about books snipped

>Jim and I both need to make book runs this week. I finally
>completed book 2, and now need to get book 3. Fortunately
>the bookstore chains keep these titles well in stock.
>
>Allen Kitchen//also looking forward to Confurenc//

Goodoh! Actually ConFurence is organizing a Barnes and Noble signing
session while I'm there, so at that store, wherever it is, will be some
of my books - I hope! ANyway, you're welcome to get them signed any
time you see me at the Con, within reason, of course. Keeping me from a
cup of coffee and food is considered seriously dangerous to other folks
health. ;)

E-Mail - Remove ** first please.

Lisanne

Reality is for those who can't face Science Fiction

http://www.norman1.demon.co.uk ans http://www.sff.net/people/Lisanne

cal...@goodnet.com

Dec 31, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/31/97

Yealur...@524.salata.com (Yealurowluro) wrote:
> I bring her to the real one where the only "incident" I ever saw was silly,
> not shocking - some otherwise fully dressed nitwit in a bondage harness in
> front of the set of elevators nearest the lobby (there ARE no elevators IN
> the lobby of the Buena Park unless it's been remodeled recently.).

Go through the lobby. At the far end, to the left, are the elevators. No
remodeling necessary.

> And if Vicky *had* seen that incident I doubt somehow it would have warped
> her psyche.

So what you're saying is that you're sure it's okay to expose children to
behavior that your own child didn't happen to be exposed to?

> I urge whoever compared it to child abuse to please go volunteer with the
> local children's aid organizations and find out about *real* child abuse.

As the "beneficiary" of some the California group home system --- one of
those "local children's aid organizations" you're talking about --- allow
me to regale you with how I watched a twelve-year-old thrown by a staff
member through a plexiglass window. The staff, of course, claimed to the
parents that the twenty stitches the boy received were from him diving
unassisted through the window in a bid for escape. Allow me to tell you
how, at six years of age, my left ring finger was smashed in a door by a
staffer at the Huntington Beach CARE facility. He was "playing" with me,
according to his report, and it was an accident. In fact, he was taunting
me by opening the door and slamming it in my face when I tried to bolt,
and yes it was an accident. The stitchmarks are still visible.

Allow me to tell you about Bobby Carter, who in a Westminster-based
home raped me at age nine, whereupon I reported the matter to the group
home parents. They thought it was incredibly humorous that I, a male, was
unable to defend myself, and suggested throughout the next year when
mirth was called for that I had "wanted" it. Allow me to tell you how
these same parents punished even the most minor infractions by forcing us
to place our necks under the linen-closet bar (situated at a level below
my knees, at the time) and lock our legs straight for anywhere from half
an hour to two hours straight. Failure to keep the legs straight would
result in an immediate beating and a return to the bar. Allow me to tell
you how once I was punished by being made to drink an entire bottle of
Tobasco sauce...and then, "mercifully", being allowed to drink all the
water I wanted.

Allow me to tell you about a child I only know as Adrian, who at age
nine was whipped with sticks at the Anaheim-based "Home of the
Ministering Angel" (where evangelism was the ruling mentality), to the
point that his neck was fractured. Allow me to tell you how William Cox
and I escaped from the incessant beatings at the HMA, and travelled to
Juvenile Hall in order to force someone in authority, as they took us
into custody, to view the switchmarks on our backs.

Allow me to tell you about Jeff and Renee Okun of El Monte, the former
of whom routinely terrorized "confessions" out of us with a baseball bat
and the latter of whom honestly thought she was psychic.

Allow me to tell you about Green Valley Ranch in Ramona, where a rank
system was enforced as a means of doling out privileges in return for
"preferred behavior"; this Pavlovian system resulted in heavy
self-segregation among the kids and an excuse for picking on the "lower"
classes. Allow me to tell you how my eyes were seared by the creative use
of Tobasco sauce during a prank which was later deemed "harmless" by the
staff (I didn't used to wear glasses; now I'm almost legally blind
without them). Allow me to tell you about the "Intensive Care Unit", a
rough-walled room ten feet square where Green Valley staff members
"lectured" children on their wayward ways...you could hear the thumps of
small bodies hitting those walls and the attendant screams from several
rooms away.

Allow me to tell you how I can barely remember a single day, between
the ages of six and sixteen, when I did not hear some child screaming in
agony as he was beaten...sometimes in moderation, most times not.

When my father finally pulled me out of the group homes, having finally
convinced the State of California that it was better for me to live with
him than with total strangers, I was an emotional wreck. I did not want
to fend for myself, had been raised to believe that I had no control
whatsoever over my life. I cringed, at age sixteen, when my own father
raised his voice the slightest notch, for fear of a savage beating to
come.

My current attitudes --- the "crusading mentality" that you long ago
properly pegged me for, the willingness to fight for absolute and total
fairness regardless of cost, and the attendant tendency that I have to be
overly dramatic and overbearing at times --- derive directly from how I
eventually came to grips with my past. Rather than stand by and let
unfairness happen simply because it would be inconvenient --- even
damaging --- to try and fight it, I developed a kneejerk tendency to
oppose unfairness in every form I found it. I'm getting better about the
kneejerk part, perhaps, but I have absolutely no qualms about defying
double-standards or situational ethics.

> You'll learn things that'll curl your hair and flatten your ears... but I
> digress...

Don't tell ME. I've LIVED it.

> Because nobody's been wishing pornography on Vicky...

If parents take their child through a porn store, and the child sees a few
dozen copies of Hustler along the way, it does not mean Hustler "wishes"
pornography on the child.

> Mostly because I'd like to report on what Vicky HAS found at the
> convention, and why I continue to bring her. 1) adults who take her
> seriously - there are few places where an intelligent 11 year old can sit
> around with adult artists exchanging discussion on technique and be treated
> like an integral part of the conversation, not an interruption. 2) people
> of all ages who consider a large vocabulary and a fondness for knowledge to
> be an asset even if you're a kid. 3) people of all ages who do not
> consider being in any way different from the ordinary to be prima facie
> evidence that you are WRONG. Remember your school days, guys? Be honest.
> I'll bet the number of people in here who *didn't* stand out as different
> and catch hell over it from the other kids is small, to say the least. 4)
> in short, a place where you can be strange without penalty, and grow
> without being attacked.

All excellent points, and none of which anyone disagrees with. What
people are disagreeing with --- and which Vicky, apparently, has been
fortunately enough not to have run into --- are the people who engage in
their sexual fetishes, or who display pornography, without consideration
either for children or for the sensibilities of the 99%+ of CF attendees
who do *not* happen to feel that such things are for public display.

Watts Martin

Jan 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/1/98

On Wed, 31 Dec 1997 02:11:06 -0600, cal...@goodnet.com wrote:

>All excellent points, and none of which anyone disagrees with. What
>people are disagreeing with --- and which Vicky, apparently, has been
>fortunately enough not to have run into --- are the people who engage in
>their sexual fetishes, or who display pornography, without consideration
>either for children or for the sensibilities of the 99%+ of CF attendees
>who do *not* happen to feel that such things are for public display.

So far the only public display that'd truly be obscene, if it
happened, that's been mentioned is the infamous semen-in-the-elevator
shtick, and those who've written about seeing it firsthand have
expressed serious doubt as to whether or not actually *was* semen.

Eyebrow-raising displays happen. No con will please everyone for all
of its duration. Some people will not be pleased at all. And there
will always be those who persist in the belief that cons are places
where tolerance for people they disagree with is not required, even
though tolerance of their own beliefs is vociferously demanded.
Long-time fen have a word for people like this. The word is
"fugghead."

If we're going to be throwing around unsupported percentages, let's be
clear on this. The majority of CF attendees do not feel that (as you
put it) "such things" are on "public display" enough to keep from
COMING BACK YEAR AFTER YEAR.

Would it be nicer if CF had a lower percentage of fuggheads? Sure.
But congoers are just like any other group of people--there'll be
fuggheads among 'em. Con staff can, at best, only take steps to
minimize their effects. But the fuggheads will always be there, and
if a "safe" con is one in which there is no chance of running into
someone wearing bondage gear or seeing an explicit piece of artwork
unbidden, CF will never be safe. This is not pessimistic; it's
realistic. Our local Tampa con, Necronomicon, is not "safe" with
respect to that, even though it's "safer" with respect to the dealers'
room than CF is. There's a certain point at which complaining about
fuggheads becomes a form of fuggheadedness; for some people the
appropriate way to deal with their issues with CF is to avoid
attending.

William Haskell

Jan 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/1/98

Allen Kitchen wrote:

> Well Jay, this Con will be my first one. And I'll be reporting back
> what good/bad I find there. As only a few furries know me and even fewer
> know what I look like, I have some anonymity for my exploration of the con.

I have a pretty good idea of what you look like, but won't let anyone on
- your secret is safe with me.

> Trust me. If I see something offensive, you'll hear about it. I'm heading
>
> there to have fun, not search for trouble. Thus, if something squicks me,
> it will be out of line.

Hmm, didja hear the story of the two old guys who went to Paris (France,
not Texas) to see what there was to see? One came back full of stories
of the filth and streetwalkers and porn etc - the other would only talk
of the art museums and beautiful architecture etc. One sees only what
one sees - let's hope you'll be Guy #2 and see mostly the good stuff.

Allen Kitchen

Jan 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/2/98

William Haskell <"forban"@[204.52.135.1]> wrote in article
<68hnjn$9aj$2...@news.hal-pc.org>...

> Allen Kitchen wrote:
> >
> > Well Jay, this Con will be my first one. And I'll be reporting
back
> > what good/bad I find there. As only a few furries know me and even
fewer
> > know what I look like, I have some anonymity for my exploration of the
con.

> I have a pretty good idea of what you look like, but won't let anyone on
> - your secret is safe with me.

Hey Will! I didn't know you were going. Great! Clear Lake
will be well represented then, having it's entire furry population present.
I'll buy the furst round sometime. I'll be the black wolf wearing the
flight suit :) (not kidding. First lame attempt at a costume)

> Hmm, didja hear the story of the two old guys who went to Paris (France,
> not Texas) to see what there was to see? One came back full of stories
> of the filth and streetwalkers and porn etc - the other would only talk
> of the art museums and beautiful architecture etc. One sees only what
> one sees - let's hope you'll be Guy #2 and see mostly the good stuff.

While most people see what they want, I'm jaded enough to
realize there is good and bad in everything. I spend my life trying to
look for the good. It's easier to sleep nights that way.

By the way, I STILL want to see some of your works! Can
we meet in Coffee Oasis sometime? <el camino & Nasa 1>

Allen Kitchen
all...@blkbox.com
http://www.blkbox.com/~osprey/

Mel. White

Jan 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/2/98

William Haskell ("forban"@[204.52.135.1]) wrote:
: Hmm, didja hear the story of the two old guys who went to Paris (France,

: not Texas) to see what there was to see? One came back full of stories
: of the filth and streetwalkers and porn etc - the other would only talk
: of the art museums and beautiful architecture etc. One sees only what
: one sees - let's hope you'll be Guy #2 and see mostly the good stuff.
-----
(g) I know a few who could have seen the same things in Paris, Texas!

It's a good story and well worth remembering -- we get out of life that
which we expect to find. Personally, I've been enjoying the art museums
and archetecture of life (with an occasional (very) snit over a garbage
pail or two).

--
m...@netcom.com

Fed up with Spammers? *** Here's some useful resources:
http://www.cauce.org http://ga.to/mmf http://www.abuse.net
The Federal Trade Commission is shutting down "Multilevel
Marketing" sites and "Make money fast" schemes: http://www.ftc.gov

cal...@goodnet.com

Jan 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/2/98

mi...@solluna.org wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Dec 1997 02:11:06 -0600, cal...@goodnet.com wrote:
> >without consideration
> >either for children or for the sensibilities of the 99%+ of CF attendees
> >who do *not* happen to feel that such things are for public display.

> So far the only public display that'd truly be obscene, if it

> happened, that's been mentioned is the infamous semen-in-the-elevator
> shtick, and those who've written about seeing it firsthand have
> expressed serious doubt as to whether or not actually *was* semen.

Actually, the people who found it (the hard way) have verified its
semenicity because it had to be cleaned out of someone's clothes after
leaning against the wall. Several other incidents, primarily the display
of bondage gear (not merely a collar; at least one occasion involved
leash, collar, cuffs, ball gag and torso harness) and minor BSDM acts,
have also been confirmed. This isn't a case of a single act being blown
out of proportion, but a number of acts that would cause no problems if
people just kept it in the bedroom where it belongs.

> And there will always be those who persist in the belief that cons are places
> where tolerance for people they disagree with is not required, even
> though tolerance of their own beliefs is vociferously demanded.

Precisely. Note, mind you, how your statement can be used to refer to
either side in this discussion.

> If we're going to be throwing around unsupported percentages, let's be
> clear on this. The majority of CF attendees do not feel that (as you
> put it) "such things" are on "public display" enough to keep from
> COMING BACK YEAR AFTER YEAR.

Nor did I SAY that it was "enough to keep from coming back year after
year". Kindly read what I write, I'll do the same with respect to you,
and in this way we'll avoid misunderstanding one another.

What I said was that the vast majority of CF attendees --- and if you
wish to challenge this, feel free --- do NOT consider display of bondage
to be acceptable public behavior. Does it keep them from coming back? As
I've said several times now, I intend to continue attending CF. I don't
consider the 10% which might offend me to be worth missing the 90% I
like. At the same time, I *do* consider the fact that plenty of people
who are new to fandom aren't used to this kind of thing and, like
CalAnim8r, may choose not to attend until CF "cleans up its act". I also
consider the fact that the public areas are accessible not merely to the
fandom, but also to anyone who walks through the hotel doors, including
children not merely with some of the attendees but also with other
visitors to the hotel. All we would have needed to ensure the Buena Park
never allowed ConFurence inside again would have been for some family
with born-again parents to be treated to spooge in the elevator, a guy in
little more than bunny ears and underwear, and another guy trussed up
like a Thanksgiving turkey. All of the above happened at CF8, all in
public areas. It didn't have to.

> Con staff can, at best, only take steps to
> minimize their effects. But the fuggheads will always be there, and
> if a "safe" con is one in which there is no chance of running into
> someone wearing bondage gear or seeing an explicit piece of artwork
> unbidden, CF will never be safe.

No one is asking for perfection. They *are* asking for common sense, a
basic policy on public behavior, and at least an effort to enforce it.
Silfur, for instance, simply didn't *know* that dancing around in
skivvies next to the piano was unacceptable. When he learned, he was very
good about apologizing and does not plan to do it again. By installing
and enforcing at least a minimal policy, CF can both protect itself
legally and cut down on the avoidable mistakes.

> for some people the appropriate way to deal with their issues with CF is to
> avoid attending.

Suggesting that people abandon ship with only a few feet of
easily-handled water in the bilge is not reasonable. What is reasonable
is to suggest that people try to accomodate each other and not demand to
be treated differently from anyone else. To add a little perspective:
I'm not going to stand in the middle of the hotel lobby and rant at the
top of my lungs about the Clinton Administration. There are plenty of
people who'd be offended by that --- people would quickly complain to the
hotel or convention staff, who would properly throw me out on my ear. I
do not see why offensive sexual public behavior should somehow be
considered acceptable. There *are* bedrooms for that kind of thing, just
as if I want to bellyache about the economy, I can do it on the street.

Wanderer

Jan 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/2/98

(snippage of many terrible times in the California Child Welfare System)

Wanderer takes the tattered fur into a tender embrace. "I'm sorry", he
whispers. "I'm so sorry".

He strokes his friend's pelt slowly as his eyes grow moist.

"I'm so sorry ... "

Yours sadly,

The mournful,

Wanderer***********'Where am I going?I don't quite know.