Furry Music...

raymonD Collazo

Feb 13, 1995, 10:53:01 AM2/13/95
Hiya...
Just wondering if anyone knows of any furry-related music floating
around out there, or if anyone minds typing up the kinds of songs THEY
(you) relate to Furry-Fandom...

ttyl!

--
------------...@orion.csci.csusb.edu----------------------------
/Amigoid blaze /\ /\ Dunk a bucket of Icewater

Clearsong

Feb 13, 1995, 4:50:59 PM2/13/95
In article <3hnv8t$i...@news.csus.edu>,

raymonD Collazo <rcol...@silicon.csci.csusb.edu> wrote:
>Hiya...
> Just wondering if anyone knows of any furry-related music floating
>around out there, or if anyone minds typing up the kinds of songs THEY
>(you) relate to Furry-Fandom...
>
>ttyl!

Genesis has a few.. my fave is 'All in a Mouse's Night' off of the Wind
and Wuthering album.. and if you're as twisted as I am, ZZ Top's 'Fuzzbox
VooDoo' off of Antenna is furry... and naughty at that! =)

-Clearsong

Josh Carpman

Feb 13, 1995, 5:28:12 PM2/13/95
In article <3hnv8t$i...@news.csus.edu>,
raymonD Collazo <rcol...@silicon.csci.csusb.edu> wrote:
>Hiya...
> Just wondering if anyone knows of any furry-related music floating
>around out there, or if anyone minds typing up the kinds of songs THEY
>(you) relate to Furry-Fandom...
>
>ttyl!

Well, there are a couple of songs which I associate with FurryMUCK, for
various reasons... I'm sure others have their own 'FurryMUCK theme music'.
I for one always think of FM when I hear 'Norwegian Wood' by The Beatles,
or 'Games Without Frontiers' by Peter Gabriel.

Josh Carpman | Atheist / Furry / Artist / Foxboro Engineer
Paracelsus on FurryMUCK | Rice University BSChE '94
rac...@neosoft.com | *** DARE TO BE TRUE *** M.A. '90

I'm not a lurker, I just never have anything pertinent to add... *grin*

Aaron F Johnson

Feb 13, 1995, 5:56:06 PM2/13/95
raymonD Collazo (rcol...@silicon.csci.csusb.edu) wrote:
> Hiya...
> Just wondering if anyone knows of any furry-related music floating
> around out there, or if anyone minds typing up the kinds of songs THEY
> (you) relate to Furry-Fandom...

The Beatles' "Gideon's Bible" (or is it "Rocky Raccoon") was
mentioned in a similar discussion last year. Anything off of the
soundtrack of "The Last Unicorn" (want copy, dammit!). There are a few
other songs that I like to listen to when I'm in a lycanthropic mood, but
I don't usually equate them with furries. It's more of a primal predator
thing, no intellect involved.

(Still haven't found any songs for Dragons, though)
Aaron F. Johnson | "Good night, and may the Good Lord
aka Draco Draconis Eboni | take a Viking to you!"
aka Ebony the Black Dragon |
afj...@jove.acs.unt.edu | Tales of the Floating Vagabond
"I'm a Black Dragon trapped in a White Man's Body! YARK!!!"
"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are chewy and taste
good dipped in Chocolate."
Nobody WANTS my opinions!

ArchTeryx

Feb 13, 1995, 10:46:13 PM2/13/95
In article <3hoo26$3...@hermes.unt.edu>,

Aaron F Johnson <afj...@jove.acs.unt.edu> wrote:
>raymonD Collazo (rcol...@silicon.csci.csusb.edu) wrote:
>> Hiya...
>> Just wondering if anyone knows of any furry-related music floating
>> around out there, or if anyone minds typing up the kinds of songs THEY
>> (you) relate to Furry-Fandom...

Actually, one of the few rap songs I've ever liked has strongly reminded
me of furries, at least the more predatory ones. It's `Rabbit Stew'
by Raw Breed. It's not very well known...I found it by accident channel
surfing by BET, and was immediately captivated, amazing even myself. 8}

`Yo, I'll make stew, of you're crew...Rabbit stew!'

R. Cody Buchmann ^.^
"ArchTeryx" Taking irreverence to new heights!
email: rc...@Virginia.edu Pumbaa "They call me MISTER Pig!" Warthog
rcb3...@wombat.gnu.ai.mit.edu Timon "Crazy like a WHAT?!" Meerkat!
(alternate ONLY)

D.M. Quozl Falk

Feb 14, 1995, 3:59:13 AM2/14/95
raymonD Collazo (rcol...@silicon.csci.csusb.edu) wrote:
: Hiya...

: Just wondering if anyone knows of any furry-related music floating
: around out there, or if anyone minds typing up the kinds of songs THEY
: (you) relate to Furry-Fandom...

Aw, gee... Couldn't you pick out anything tougher? ;)

Well, here's a few right off:

"Muskrat Love" (which version do you want? America or Captain & Teneille?
I prefer C&T's version...)
"I'm In Love With A Big Blue Frog" (Peter, Paul & Mary)
"Fox On The Run" (Sweet)
"Rock'n Robin" (can't remember *who* did this...)
"Snoopy Vs. The Red Baron" (or anything by The Royal Guardsmen)

Maybe an all-furry music CD should be released? ;)

BTW, the original album cover for Klaatu's 1975 debut album (yes, they
had a few more), which was self-titled, is most definitely Furry. (This
is taken from the original CD reissue @ 1988, BTW) The front & back
covers are symmetrical images, but the mouse that appears normal on the
front, is in a nightshirt holding a candle on the back.....

....Quozl!

--
//////======////////// |Dennis M. Falk |221 Huntoon St.|TTA/Animaniacs/WB
/ @ ) \\\\\\\\\\ |aka "Quozl Mephit"|Eureka, CA |TaleSpin/CnD-RR

D.M. Quozl Falk

Feb 14, 1995, 5:42:42 AM2/14/95
Aaron F Johnson (afj...@jove.acs.unt.edu) wrote:

: raymonD Collazo (rcol...@silicon.csci.csusb.edu) wrote:
: > Hiya...
: > Just wondering if anyone knows of any furry-related music floating
: > around out there, or if anyone minds typing up the kinds of songs THEY
: > (you) relate to Furry-Fandom...

: The Beatles' "Gideon's Bible" (or is it "Rocky Raccoon") was

"Rocky Raccoon" from the "Beatles" album (aka The White Album...)
(Good album, too...)

If you want, you can add "Blackbird" and "Martha, My Dear" (about Paul's
pet dog), too, as Furry tracks....

Aki

Feb 14, 1995, 9:21:07 AM2/14/95

>raymonD Collazo (rcol...@silicon.csci.csusb.edu) wrote:
>> Hiya...
>> Just wondering if anyone knows of any furry-related music floating
>> around out there, or if anyone minds typing up the kinds of songs
THEY
>> (you) relate to Furry-Fandom...

Hmmm...I usually listen to Red Hot Chili Peppers when I'm online, but
I'd put together a compilation of stuff for my flight to CF6. (which
included RHCP's 'Under the Bridge', btw.)

Somehow "These are Days" by Natalie Merchant and 10,000 Maniacs
comes to mind.

Aki.
aka Elisabeth B. Shaw
New Orleans, LA USA
...having to put up with the same old Mardi Gras music every year...

Clearsong

Feb 14, 1995, 11:11:47 AM2/14/95
In article <3hoo26$3...@hermes.unt.edu>,
Aaron F Johnson <afj...@jove.acs.unt.edu> wrote:
>(Still haven't found any songs for Dragons, though)

You incredibly silly person you! Have you forgotten the '60s entirely?
No? Well then, what's wrong with Puff the Magic Dragon? ;)

-Clearsong

(Ow! Ow! Hey! Eek! No, not flame breath! Do you know what that does to a
long haired ca- *FOOSH*)

wol...@netcom.com

Feb 14, 1995, 11:28:20 AM2/14/95
>Aaron F Johnson (afj...@jove.acs.unt.edu) wrote:
>: raymonD Collazo (rcol...@silicon.csci.csusb.edu) wrote:
>: > Hiya...
>: > Just wondering if anyone knows of any furry-related music floating
>: > around out there, or if anyone minds typing up the kinds of songs THEY
>: > (you) relate to Furry-Fandom...

For obvious reasons, Paula Abdul's "Opposites Attract" always makes me
think of furries. (And those yucky cats... :) )

--
/* wol...@netcom.com | Brian Thomas | Right, like you haven't tried! */
"He got jealous from all the attention guys paid me."

Aaron F Johnson

Feb 14, 1995, 1:22:00 PM2/14/95
wol...@netcom.com wrote:
> For obvious reasons, Paula Abdul's "Opposites Attract" always makes me
> think of furries. (And those yucky cats... :) )
There's also Gloria Estefan's "Bad Boys", which brings back
memories of Andrew Lloyd Webber's "Cats" (see the video and you will
understand why).

Peter da Silva

Feb 14, 1995, 1:30:52 PM2/14/95
Furriest music I know is "Echoes", by Pink Floyd. It's a great long
instrumental, the flip side of "Meddle", and it just sounds like
werewolves to me.

PeterCat

Feb 14, 1995, 1:41:49 PM2/14/95
Recently in alt.fan.furry,

rcol...@silicon.csci.csusb.edu (raymonD Collazo) wrote:
>Hiya...
> Just wondering if anyone knows of any furry-related music floating
>around out there, or if anyone minds typing up the kinds of songs THEY
>(you) relate to Furry-Fandom...

Doesn't *anybody* remember The Skunkfunkers? Furry's answer to Spinal Tap...

--
pjka...@mailbox.syr.edu (PeterCat) Rhal on FurryMUCK (come cuddle!)

Jonathan L Miller

Feb 14, 1995, 4:00:18 PM2/14/95
raymonD Collazo (rcol...@silicon.csci.csusb.edu) wrote:
: Hiya...

: Just wondering if anyone knows of any furry-related music floating
: around out there, or if anyone minds typing up the kinds of songs THEY
: (you) relate to Furry-Fandom...

: ttyl!

Yeah, this one comes up every year or so...My pick is "Heavy Horses" by
Jethro Tull. Certainly one of the finest rock albums ever made. ;-)
Also "Nice to Be Here" by the Moody Blues off the Every Good Boy Deserves
Favour (I think).

Just my small percentage of a dollar...

jonathan.

Aaron F Johnson

Feb 14, 1995, 4:09:14 PM2/14/95
Clearsong (clea...@alpha.netusa.net) wrote:
> You incredibly silly person you! Have you forgotten the '60s entirely?
> No? Well then, what's wrong with Puff the Magic Dragon? ;)

Hmph. I have never felt that Peter, Paul & Mary quite got the
feel for Dragons in that song. I happen to know that some Dragons
occasionally act like that, but only a few. And if that's the only
Dragon song, I'm going back to being mammalian.

> (Ow! Ow! Hey! Eek! No, not flame breath! Do you know what that does to a
> long haired ca- *FOOSH*)

Heh. Turns them into yowling fireballs briefly and chars off all of
their hair, making them look like the Sphinx breed. What else? :)

D.M. Quozl Falk

Feb 14, 1995, 5:23:50 PM2/14/95
MATTH...@DELPHI.COM (MATTH...@news.delphi.com) wrote:

[on Furry music...]

: Probably my favorite furry songs of all time are by the Cure. 'Love Cats'
: and 'The Hanging garden' have heavy anthropomorphic leanings (Love cats
: more than garden) and are really strong songs to boot. Metallica's 'Of

Hey, what about "Caterpiller" by the Cure?

Scott Alexander

Feb 14, 1995, 10:46:52 PM2/14/95

raymonD Collazo (rcol...@silicon.csci.csusb.edu) wrote:
> Hiya...
> Just wondering if anyone knows of any furry-related music floating
> around out there, or if anyone minds typing up the kinds of songs THEY
> (you) relate to Furry-Fandom...

For what it's worth...here's my two cents.
Megadeth's 'Countdown to Extinction' (not really furry, but related)
Any of the animal-related environmental stuff from NorthSound. (not
what you'd consider human music, but definitely furry music!)
NiN has a lot of furry music, as an example...'closer'. really. no,
i'm serious. read the lyric sheet. in fact, some of us were in the nexus
(that's FM) and we figured out that Trent Reznor must be a closet furry.
Anyway, that's my thoughts, so far...

Harl

* E-mail:har...@ix.netcom.com * * __ _ _ _ __ *
*------------------------------* FIND * | \ | | | | | | / | *
* "Can you destroy the Earth?" * THE WOLF * | \ | | | | | | / | *
* -Reporter * IN * | |\ \| | | | | |/ /| | *
* "Egad! I hope not! That's * YOURSELF * | | \ | | | | / | | *
* where I keep all my stuff!" * * |_| \__| |_| |__/ |_| *
* -The Tick * * *

Redjack,Which one?,4193525072,4193525072

Feb 14, 1995, 11:31:04 PM2/14/95

In a previous article, rac...@Starbase.NeoSoft.COM (Josh Carpman) says:

>In article <3hnv8t$i...@news.csus.edu>,
>raymonD Collazo <rcol...@silicon.csci.csusb.edu> wrote:

>>Hiya...
>> Just wondering if anyone knows of any furry-related music floating
>>around out there, or if anyone minds typing up the kinds of songs THEY
>>(you) relate to Furry-Fandom...
>>
>>ttyl!
>

>Well, there are a couple of songs which I associate with FurryMUCK, for
>various reasons... I'm sure others have their own 'FurryMUCK theme music'.
>I for one always think of FM when I hear 'Norwegian Wood' by The Beatles,
>or 'Games Without Frontiers' by Peter Gabriel.

I've found a lot of songs that have in some way or another reminded me of
furry. A quick list:
Blues Traveller, TRAVELLERS AND THIEVES....Bagheera
Pink Floyd, ANIMALS
Bob Segar, GREATEST HITS....Main Street *just 'cause it reminds
me of Omaha The Cat Dancer*
Spin Doctors...Cleopatra's Cat
Genesis, All In A Mouse's Night *Very Furry!*
Joe Satriani, FLYING IN A BLUE DREAM....The Forgotten, (Part ][)
Cheap Trick and Debbie Harry...Send Love Through *From the movie
Rock and Rule*
Jethro Tull...Mouse Patrol (think that's the name)
Rush, MOVING PICTURES...Red Barchetta (Always had a vision of a
young furry taking off in his uncle's car when I listen to this one)
Led Zeppelin...Fool In The Rain (Can't you see Buster Bunny
singing this when he finds out he's in the wrong spot to meet Babs?)

Well, that's my start!

*Quit fiddling With That Dial!**************************************

Dave Bryant

Feb 15, 1995, 1:48:58 AM2/15/95
In article <3hnv8t$i...@news.csus.edu>,
raymonD Collazo <rcol...@silicon.csci.csusb.edu> wrote:

> Just wondering if anyone knows of any furry-related music floating
>around out there, or if anyone minds typing up the kinds of songs THEY
>(you) relate to Furry-Fandom...

Jethro Tull's "Cat Police" and "Bungle in the Jungle"
Warren Zevon's "Werewolves of London"
Cusco's "The Fox and the Lady"
Steeleye Span's "The Fox"
ELO's "The Jungle"
Heather Alexander's "The Frog and the Red Raccoon"
The Stray Cats' "Stray Cat Strut"
Scorpions' "The Zoo"

...And I'm sure there are many, many more we're not remembering.

-- Dave Bryant, Art Director, _Yarf!_
"Kitten" Tom Clowder on FurryMUCK
Sunnyvale, California, United States
...Who thanks his roommate, Baron Engle, for coming up with most of
the songs listed above....

Bill Marcum

Feb 15, 1995, 2:15:48 AM2/15/95
In article <3hoo26$3...@hermes.unt.edu>,
Aaron F Johnson <afj...@jove.acs.unt.edu> wrote:
>(Still haven't found any songs for Dragons, though)

Puff the magic dragon lived by the sea...

--
What is the most obscene word in the English language?

CENSORSHIP

Lontra

Feb 15, 1995, 4:29:10 AM2/15/95
MATTHARPOLD (MATTH...@news.delphi.com) wrote:

>Probably my favorite furry songs of all time are by the Cure. 'Love Cats'
>and 'The Hanging garden' have heavy anthropomorphic leanings

Ooh, don't furget the Cure's "Other Voices" from "Faith":

"Whisper your name/In an empty room
"You brush past my skin/Soft as fur
"I take you hold/I taste your scent
"Distant noises/Other voices...

-the lontramorph

--
_______
( @ @ ) lontra \ friendly, furry, plush...and proud!

D.M. Quozl Falk

Feb 15, 1995, 5:05:37 AM2/15/95
: wol...@netcom.com wrote:
: > For obvious reasons, Paula Abdul's "Opposites Attract" always makes me
: > think of furries. (And those yucky cats... :) )
: There's also Gloria Estefan's "Bad Boys", which brings back
: memories of Andrew Lloyd Webber's "Cats" (see the video and you will
^^^^^^^^*erf!* :)
: understand why).

Well, Sen~ora Estefan *hired* the "cats" from the Broadway Cast for her
video.... (I prefurred the audio mix of the video version of this song to
any other, and I like Gloria.... :) )

Gerrit Heitsch

Feb 15, 1995, 6:19:26 AM2/15/95
D.M. "Quozl" Falk (qu...@netcom.com) wrote:

: Aaron F Johnson (afj...@jove.acs.unt.edu) wrote:
: : raymonD Collazo (rcol...@silicon.csci.csusb.edu) wrote:
: : > Hiya...
: : > Just wondering if anyone knows of any furry-related music floating
: : > around out there, or if anyone minds typing up the kinds of songs THEY
: : > (you) relate to Furry-Fandom...

: : The Beatles' "Gideon's Bible" (or is it "Rocky Raccoon") was

: "Rocky Raccoon" from the "Beatles" album (aka The White Album...)
: (Good album, too...)

: If you want, you can add "Blackbird" and "Martha, My Dear" (about Paul's
: pet dog), too, as Furry tracks....

Hm... How about 'The hunting of the snark' by Mike Batt? It was hard to
get the CD, but it was worth the effort...

'... for the snark was a boojum, you see?'

Gerrit

Josh Carpman

Feb 15, 1995, 10:05:27 AM2/15/95
In article <quozlD4...@netcom.com>,

D.M. "Quozl" Falk <qu...@netcom.com> wrote:
>MATTH...@DELPHI.COM (MATTH...@news.delphi.com) wrote:
>
>[on Furry music...]
>
>: Probably my favorite furry songs of all time are by the Cure. 'Love Cats'
>: and 'The Hanging garden' have heavy anthropomorphic leanings (Love cats
>: more than garden) and are really strong songs to boot. Metallica's 'Of
>
>Hey, what about "Caterpiller" by the Cure?
>
>....Quozl!

Just thought of another... how 'bout "Twentieth Century Fox" by The Doors?

You can tell by the way she walks...

Hubert Bartels

Feb 15, 1995, 11:16:20 AM2/15/95

Two songs by Shonen Knife should go on the 'furry music' list.

'I am a Cat', on their Rock Animals CD and 'Catnip Dreams' on
-err, I think it it's on their Let's Knife CD - I'll have to
check.

"Sometimes, I step into---- the timeless zone.
And I lose my way ---- I don't know where I am.
Sometimes, I feel like I --- in the Milky Way...
And I lose myself--- I don't know who I am.
I discover whiskers of a cat in the timeless zone.
And I put them on my face....
In a moment I become a sweet little cat
And I dance on the flying saucer....

Chorus:
I am a cat. I am a cat. I am a cat.

"Sometimes, I step into---- the timeless zone.
And I lose my way ---- I don't know where I am.
Sometimes, I feel like I --- in the Milky Way...
And I lose myself--- I don't know who I am.
I discover ears of a cat in the Milky Way.
And I put them on my head....
In a moment I become a sweet little cat
And I dance on the flying saucer....

Chorus:
I am a cat. I am a cat. I am a cat.

Sounds like a furry song, ne?

--
Hubert Bartels INTERNET: h...@catalina.opt-sci.arizona.edu
Optical Sciences Center (602)-621-2032 FAX: (602)-621-4416

JJPierce

Feb 15, 1995, 1:28:12 PM2/15/95
raymonD Collazo (rcol...@silicon.csci.csusb.edu) wrote:
> Hiya...
> Just wondering if anyone knows of any furry-related music floating
> around out there, or if anyone minds typing up the kinds of songs THEY
> (you) relate to Furry-Fandom...

Here are a few by that impeccable (and recently deceased) composer Henry
Mancini:

"The Pink Panther" (theme of both the movies and the animated character)
"Baby Elephant Walk" (from the movie "Hatari")
"Arctic Whale Hunt" (from the movie "The White Dawn")
"Theme from 'The Thorn Birds'"
"Speedy Gonzales" (from the movie "Mr. Lucky")

Jeff Pierce, University of North Texas
College instructor and Anthropomorpic-American

"I am NOT politically incorrect! I'm sensitively-inclusive-terminology
impaired...."

Brenda Daverin

Feb 15, 1995, 2:19:59 PM2/15/95
> >raymonD Collazo (rcol...@silicon.csci.csusb.edu) wrote:
> >> Hiya...
> >> Just wondering if anyone knows of any furry-related music floating
> >> around out there, or if anyone minds typing up the kinds of songs
> THEY
> >> (you) relate to Furry-Fandom...

I find Pink Floyd's "Animals" album to be rather heavily furry. The 23rd
psalm rewrite from a theoretical perspective of real sheep definitely
qualifies. I'd quote the name of the cut if I could. I shudder to remember
The Carpenters' "Muskrat Love," but it fits the bill. I'm of course talking
about songs with anthropomorphic themes.
Then there's the songs I've used to design and deal with furry characters
I've created. My first personal furry, Lysana Purrlan (an alien-born
cougaroid now erratically appearing on FurryMUCK), was rather strongly
based on Samantha Fox's "Naughty Girls Need Love Too" and Blue Oyster
Cult's "Veteran of the Psychic Wars." Yes, both. She's a complex lady.
Another character of mine, Aikiko Asagiri (a ki-rin moreau/recom currently
relegated to the notes from an unpublished RPG's test campaign and the
pages of Rowrbrazzle), feels "right" when I relate her to industrial music,
such as Einsturzende Neubauten, and, of course, classical Japanese. I've
drawn furries based on songs as well. I have a piece that depicts a white
rabbit hippie chick I named Grace. Needless to say, I was listening to
Jefferson Airplane at the time. Another one is based on a dancer in the
Prince video for "Diamonds and Pearls," with the song feeding into the work
as well. It's a sword-dancer felimorph in Middle Eastern garb dancing in
the middle of a brilliant-cut diamond.
As for songs that fit the fandom, well...how do you mean that? Songs I'd
use as the soundtrack for a movie about the fandom? Songs that remind me of
individual members of the fandom? I've already made this answer more
complex than you might have expected, and I apologize for that, but I'm
deadly curious here. :)

--
All standard disclaimers apply, especially since I'm a contractor.
And if the above email address fails, Dav...@eworld.com will not.

D.M. Quozl Falk

Feb 15, 1995, 4:27:40 PM2/15/95
OK, you want music that makes you think of Furries? Well.... :)

Anything by Bjork (including her work with the Sugarcubes) reminds me
*strongly* of Elf's Journal Entries... :) (I've mentioned this before in
alt.music.bjork, BTW...) Something else that also makes me think of
Pendor: Deep Forest- Both the album and two singles..... :)

Also, Pet Shop Boys' (no comment on the name...) "Yesterday, When I Was
Mad", the Jam & Spoon mix from the CD single for "Yesterday...", strongly
makes me think of a Furry rave, with the repeated "chiming" giving me a
vision of a sexy skunk waving her tushie to the beat.... :)

Back to Bjork for a moment... :) On the CD single for "Venus As A Boy",
there is the 13-minute mix of "Human Behaviour" (think: viewpoint from a
Furry of humans...), which made me think specificly of once-every-50-year
car race spanning Pendor's entire circumfrance, from "Travellogue".....

DAVE BELL

Feb 15, 1995, 3:30:00 PM2/15/95
-=> Quoting Raymond Collazo to All <=-

RC> Just wondering if anyone knows of any furry-related music floating
RC> around out there, or if anyone minds typing up the kinds of songs THEY
RC> (you) relate to Furry-Fandom...

I have a vague memory of something appearing in alt.music.filk a couple
of years ago. December '92 or January '93, with a lyric about Fur in
the Cold of the Night. It'll take a bit of digging out, if I still have
a copy.

Dave

... Now, back to the normal irrelevancies......
___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.11

John Friese

Feb 15, 1995, 11:41:38 PM2/15/95
In article <D4063...@bonkers.taronga.com>,

Yeah, there are werewolves in the background, but with all the references
to the sea in the lyrics, I kept getting images of a manta ray making its
way to the surface...

John L. Friese
fri...@math.arizona.edu

MATTH...@news.delphi.com

Feb 15, 1995, 11:43:26 PM2/15/95
qu...@netcom.com (D.M. "Quozl" Falk) writes:

>MATTH...@DELPHI.COM (MATTH...@news.delphi.com) wrote:

>[on Furry music...]

>Hey, what about "Caterpiller" by the Cure?

>....Quozl!

DOH!!!! I can't believe I forgot that one... :P I can forgive myself for
forgetting Other Voices, but not Caterpillar!

(The Forest always struck me as a furry song without actually having
furry lyrics... I always see the girl mentioned in the song as an elusive
fox-morph... :)

-Matt

<<<THE PREVIOUS AUTOSIG WAS ONLY A TEST. WE NOW RETURN TO THE ORIGINAL
PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROPAGANDA SIG IN PROGRESS...>>>

is it fiction, is it confession, is it passion or just a profession

888888888888 ,88888, 8888888888888888 88888888888888 ,ab8888888ba,
,8888 8888, 8888 d88Y"' '"88P
888888888888,8888",a,"8888, 8888 88888888888888 "888888bba,
8888 ,8888" (888) "8888, 8888 8888 aBa, '"Y888
8888 ,8888" " "8888,8888 88888888888888 "Y8888888P

f a t e s w a r n i n g : ' m o n u m e n t '
is it performance, is it expression, is it passion or just an obsession

illustrator/graphic designer HARP...@PLU.EDU drummer\furry\prog rocker

Wintermute

Feb 16, 1995, 1:28:26 AM2/16/95

> Rush, MOVING PICTURES...Red Barchetta (Always had a vision of a
> young furry taking off in his uncle's car when I listen to this one)

I always felt that "Vital Signs" was a tad bit more furry. I think the
tune just puts me into a "fur mood" more, but I can see your imagery in
Red Barchetta.

>Well, that's my start!
>
>--

>*Quit fiddling With That Dial!**************************************

--<< WINTERMUTE >>--

Dan Lorey

Feb 15, 1995, 5:51:14 PM2/15/95
In article <3hnv8t$i...@news.csus.edu> rcol...@silicon.csci.csusb.edu (raymonD Collazo) writes:

> Just wondering if anyone knows of any furry-related music floating

>around out there, or if anyone minds typing up the kinds of songs THEY

>(you) relate to Furry-Fandom...

My favorite furry song (although it has absolutely nothing to do
with furries *grin*) is "Desire Walks On" by Heart. As I listen to
this song, I have a VERY vivid mental picture of a midnight black
female catmorph sorceress in a castle tower on a dark, stormy night
singing the song as she watches two foxmorphs act out the lyrics in
the world below.

A second song, that seems to be suitable for FurryMuck (based upon
all of the rumors and stories I've heard about it), is "Land of Confusion"
by Genesis *grin and duck*.

Dan (who, after almost two years on a.f.f, has finally sent in a
request to have a character created on FurryMuck...)
---------
Dan Lorey - dl...@cornell.edu

Scott Alan Malcomson

Feb 16, 1995, 6:00:33 AM2/16/95
: raymonD Collazo (rcol...@silicon.csci.csusb.edu) wrote:
: > Hiya...
: > Just wondering if anyone knows of any furry-related music floating
: > around out there, or if anyone minds typing up the kinds of songs THEY
: > (you) relate to Furry-Fandom...

There is, of course, "Hungry Like the Wolf" and "Rio" by Duran Duran...
the latter brought images of equines frolicing along the RG long before I
even found furfandom!

Hmm, what else...Iron Maiden's "The Trooper" commemorates the
Charge of the Light Brigade, and its tempo *perfectly* matches that of a
horse moving at high speed! Meatloaf did "Bat Out of Hell" and "Hot
Summer Night"...then there's furry FILKSONGS out the wazoo, from "A Cat
Maiden's Regrets" to "Horsetamer's Daughter"!

---LCD

Moss A D

Feb 16, 1995, 8:49:19 AM2/16/95

Oh, "The Cunning Little Vixen". Classic furry opera. :)
--
PGP key & stuff: http://cswww2.essex.ac.uk/Web/mossap.html
|\ /| ------------------------------------------------

Foxy

Feb 16, 1995, 2:01:38 PM2/16/95

How about Whitesnake's "Kittens got Claws ?"

/------------------------------------------------------
---Foxy--- / "We must infiltrate, integrate with humans, using our
kp...@coventry.ac.uk / superior talents to gain control of their politics,
Artist, furry fan / their media of communication, their legends, their
and Vulpophile! / beliefs, so that, when the time comes, they will have
/ been seduced to the acceptance of the inevitable, the
-----------------/ era of foxes."

Karl Meyers

Feb 16, 1995, 11:07:47 PM2/16/95
Hmm...I was just thinking of some songs ny my favourite guitarist, Steve
Hackett (who, incidently, was the lead guitarist for Genesis at the time
of _Wind & Wuthering_ and "All in a Mouse's Night").

From "Please Don't Touch", there's a track called "Narnia", which is based
off the actual books.

"Spectral Mornings" features a soong called "The Virgin and the Gypsy", which
has something of a furry feel. Also, there's a track called "Tigermoth",
which is a tail of an unfortunate WWI pilot, and for some reason reminds me
of "The Sound and The Furry" from FURRLOUGH. :)

"Guitar Noir" has a track called "Vampire With A Healthy Appetite", for
your fleidermaus fans out there. :)

I personally recommend any of Hackett's solo wrok, especially if you like
a melodic, almost synthesizer-like guitar style, and you can special order
these CD titles and others from any good record store. (Being this is
alt.fan.furry and not alt.fan.genesis, I'll stop there. :)

KFM!
Karl F. Meyers - Middleburg, Florida | kme...@delphi.com (primary)
Furry Writer/SF Fan/Comic Collector | kme...@nyx.cs.du.edu
"All of us get lost in the darkness; | BJ_Bunny @ FurryMUCK
Dreamers learn to steer by the stars" | DISC: Your Milage May Vary

BRUCE GRANT

Feb 16, 1995, 7:40:00 PM2/16/95

-=> Quoting Dave Bell quoting Raymond Collazo <=-

DB> RC> Just wondering if anyone knows of any furry-related music
DB> RC> floating around out there, or if anyone minds typing up the
DB> RC> kinds of songs THEY (you) relate to Furry-Fandom...
DB>
DB> I have a vague memory of something appearing in alt.music.filk a
DB> couple of years ago. December '92 or January '93, with a lyric
DB> about Fur in the Cold of the Night. It'll take a bit of digging
DB> out, if I still have a copy.

And the song appeared recently in #36 of _Xenofilkia_ complete with
the sheet music. Would you like a copy?

Bruce.

~ Fully paid up member of the Dandelion Conspiracy.

Tygger

Feb 17, 1995, 4:55:51 AM2/17/95
Dan Lorey (dl...@cornell.edu) wrote:
: A second song, that seems to be suitable for FurryMuck (based upon

: all of the rumors and stories I've heard about it), is "Land of Confusion"
: by Genesis *grin and duck*.

ROFLROFLROFL!!

Yah, I'd say so! I've seen and heard a lot of confusing things as well
as done a few inna tinyplot in my year of being there.

: Dan (who, after almost two years on a.f.f, has finally sent in a

: request to have a character created on FurryMuck...)

Heh, seeya there! Look for Tygger. ;)

TTFN!

Tygger!

tyg...@netcom.com

Artist of Anthros & Non Anthros/Now specializing in Non Sexual art
Has a list of prints and products available, get on the Email list TODAY!
creator of Guardian Knights, an fantasy anthro comic to be released by
Rip Off Press in September `95!! BE THERE!! Want info? EMAIL!!

Bill Marcum

Feb 17, 1995, 11:44:27 AM2/17/95

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but one of my favorites is
"Stray Cat Strut" by the Stray Cats.

"I don't bother chasing mice around..."

Steve Harrison

Feb 17, 1995, 12:31:15 PM2/17/95

Before "Blondie" Debbie Harry was in a 60's folky band called "Wind In
The Willows" and there's a long track on the self titled album featuring
readings from the book.

Steve,

Narwhal

Feb 17, 1995, 1:46:01 PM2/17/95
raymonD Collazo (rcol...@silicon.csci.csusb.edu) wrote:
: Hiya...
: Just wondering if anyone knows of any furry-related music floating
: around out there, or if anyone minds typing up the kinds of songs THEY
: (you) relate to Furry-Fandom...

: ttyl!

: --
: ------------...@orion.csci.csusb.edu----------------------------
: /Amigoid blaze /\ /\ Dunk a bucket of Icewater
: AKA \X/ challenge / \ \ on ANYONE who says
: Stego @ FurryMUCK indigo \||/||/ Dinosaurs are Cold-Blooded!!
: --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well...I think someone already mentioned 'Stray Cat Strut' by the Stray Cats.
I'm suprised no one brought up any Green Jello (or Green Jelly, whatever)
tracks, like 'Three Little Pigs' and 'Cow God'. There are two songs that
are extremely 'furry' in my mind, one of which is:

The original version of 'Atomic Dog'.
I can't remember who did this, but the dancers in the video were vaugly
canid and it featured a (primitive) computer model of a dog head wearing
a headset and rapping the tag line of 'bow-wow-wow, yippie-yo, yippie-yay'.

'Dog Police', by a group (suprisingly!) called Dog Police.
I only ever saw this as a video and managed to capture it on a video tape
that is now long gone. I think this video aired on Mtv a year after that
network came on the air. It was a song that pretty much sounded like the
Spiderman theme...

'Dog police....dog police....nobody knows who you are!'

It was a story about a guy who goes on a blind date, and his date turns
out to be a dog. Literally...an anthro dog-woman. He takes her to a club
and the evening is going along fairly well until she is apprehended by
the Dog Police (the three singers of the band, also anthro dogs, with
rather fun canid makeup). My friend and I watched this video over and over,
while we laughed our heads off over it...very entertaining. Wish I still
had that tape...had Atomic Dog on it too...

Narwhal.

Karl Meyers

Feb 16, 1995, 10:45:00 PM2/16/95
Josh Carpman <rac...@Starbase.NeoSoft.COM> writes:

>Well, there are a couple of songs which I associate with FurryMUCK, for
>various reasons... I'm sure others have their own 'FurryMUCK theme music'.
>I for one always think of FM when I hear 'Norwegian Wood' by The Beatles,
>or 'Games Without Frontiers' by Peter Gabriel.

Speaking of Peter Gabriel, reference "I Have The Touch", from _Security_:

"There you stand before me,
All that fur and all that hair...
Oh do I dare?"

His work with Genesis had some anthropomorphic qualities, too. :)

Aki

Feb 17, 1995, 4:29:37 PM2/17/95
In article <pdbD41...@netcom.com>, p...@netcom.com
says...

>In article <3hnv8t$i...@news.csus.edu>,
>raymonD Collazo <rcol...@silicon.csci.csusb.edu> wrote:
>>
>> Just wondering if anyone knows of any furry-related music floating
>>around out there, or if anyone minds typing up the kinds of songs
THEY
>>(you) relate to Furry-Fandom...
>
>Jethro Tull's "Cat Police" and "Bungle in the Jungle"
>Warren Zevon's "Werewolves of London"
>Cusco's "The Fox and the Lady"
>Steeleye Span's "The Fox"
>ELO's "The Jungle"
>Heather Alexander's "The Frog and the Red Raccoon"
>The Stray Cats' "Stray Cat Strut"
>Scorpions' "The Zoo"
>
>...And I'm sure there are many, many more we're not remembering.
Then there's "El Orangutan" (The Orangutan) by a New Orleans band
called the Iguanas...

Aki.
aka Elisabeth B. Shaw
New Orleans, LA USA
"You want me to show my _whats_?"

Vinson Mink

Feb 17, 1995, 5:21:29 PM2/17/95
In article <3hqko3$l...@alpha.netusa.net>,
Clearsong <clea...@alpha.netusa.net> wrote:
}
}You incredibly silly person you! Have you forgotten the '60s entirely?
}No? Well then, what's wrong with Puff the Magic Dragon? ;)
}
}-Clearsong
}
}
For that matter, filk music has inumerable folk-type songs about dragons,
good, evil, and otherwise. Filk music ALSO has plenty of songs about
lycanthropy and transformation, usually involving either traditional
werewolves or human-cat transformations; cats being more-or-less the
'official' pets of SF fandom. (Frump, says the ferret fan in me!)

ROR

}

D.M. Quozl Falk

Feb 17, 1995, 7:57:59 AM2/17/95
Hubert Bartels (h...@catalina.opt-sci.arizona.edu) wrote:

: Two songs by Shonen Knife should go on the 'furry music' list.

: 'I am a Cat', on their Rock Animals CD and 'Catnip Dreams' on
: -err, I think it it's on their Let's Knife CD - I'll have to
: check.

In that in reverse, my good man? I have "Let's Knife", and "I'm A Cat" is
on it, but not "Catnip Dreams"...

D.M. Quozl Falk

Feb 17, 1995, 8:01:40 AM2/17/95
Gerrit Heitsch (heit...@trick.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de) wrote:

My God... Someone *else* who's heard of Mike Batt! :) I had the CD that
was on, but sold it because I just couldn't get into it (unlike "Zero
Zero", which I *wish* I had a videotape copy of)....

....Quozl!
("Whispering fools.. I seem to be surrounded by whispering fools...")

Peter da Silva

Feb 17, 1995, 8:24:54 PM2/17/95
In article <3hul22$l...@ame2.math.arizona.edu>,

John Friese <fri...@math.arizona.edu> wrote:
>Yeah, there are werewolves in the background, but with all the references
>to the sea in the lyrics, I kept getting images of a manta ray making its
>way to the surface...

Dolphins. Dolphins and werewolves and a thundering herd of some kind of
beastie.

DAVE BELL

Feb 17, 1995, 1:54:00 PM2/17/95
-=> Quoting Bruce Grant to All <=-

BG> Subject: Re: Furry Music...

-=> Quoting Dave Bell quoting Raymond Collazo <=-

DB> RC> Just wondering if anyone knows of any furry-related music
DB> RC> floating around out there, or if anyone minds typing up the
DB> RC> kinds of songs THEY (you) relate to Furry-Fandom...
DB>
DB> I have a vague memory of something appearing in alt.music.filk a
DB> couple of years ago. December '92 or January '93, with a lyric
DB> about Fur in the Cold of the Night. It'll take a bit of digging
DB> out, if I still have a copy.

BG> And the song appeared recently in #36 of _Xenofilkia_ complete with
BG> the sheet music. Would you like a copy?

No need, Bruce. I was able to dig it out of my archives. And since the
appropriately-named Mr. Burrows included a blanket permission to post,
here it is.

---8<--------

From: Allan....@f338.n250.z1.fidonet.org
Newsgroups: alt.music.filk
Subject: A Furry Filk
Date: 11 Dec 92 07:54:28 GMT

There are, in the world, many odd people. We are among them. (Crazy?
Me? You bet!) Similarly, there are some people who really, really like
anthropomorphic or "funny animal" comic books. These are comic books whose
characters are anthropomorphised animals, (that is, critters that walk and/or
talk like humans). Heck, there's a whole side fandom for "furries"! I could
name a few filkers who fit that description... but they might not like it, so
I won't.

What do these people do? Well, most of them read the aforementioned
comics. (I would, but I'm broke. *sniffle*) Some of them make costumes, not an
easy task since the costume has to hide their very species. Some of them make
up characters and draw and/or write stories around them. (I've seen some
pretty darn good writing within furry fandom!)

Then there are the furverts. This one's for them

Fur In The Cold Of The Night

by A.D. Burrows

ASCII Transcription Of Tune

6/4, C Major, tempo = 150 (vivace) (cool jazz, feel = "Manix" theme)

VERSES
!-B3H-A3DE-G3S-A3DE-E3H-RS-!-E3E-G3DQ-E3Q-A3H-RQ-!
!-B3H-A3DE-G3S-A3DE-E3Q-RS-E3DE-D3S-!-E3W-RH-!
!-B3H-A3DE-G3S-A3DE-E3Q-RS-D3Q-!-E3E-G3DQ-E3Q-A3H-RQ-!
!-B3H-A3DE-G3S-A3DE-E3Q-RS-E3DE-D3S-!-E3W-RH-!
!-E4Q-E4Q-F#4Q-D#4Q-B3Q-B3Q-!-D4Q-D4Q-E4Q-C#4H-RQ-!
!-C4E-C4DQ-D4Q-B3Q-E3Q-E3Q-!-A3E-A3DQ-F3Q-B3Q-RQ-B3Q-!
!-B3H-A3DE-G3S-A3DE-E3H-RS-!-E3E-G3DQ-E3Q-A3H-RQ-!
!-B3H-A3DE-G3S-A3DE-E3Q-RS-E3DE-D3S-!-E3W-RH-!!

BRIDGE
!-E4Q-E4Q-F#4Q-D#4Q-B3Q-B3Q-!-D4Q-D4Q-E4Q-C#4H-RQ-!
!-C4Q-C4Q-D4Q-B3H-RQ-!-C4Q-C4Q-D4Q-B3H-RQ-!
!-E4Q-E4Q-F#4Q-D#4Q-B3Q-B3Q-!-D4Q-D4Q-E4Q-C#4H-E3Q-!
!-A3E-A3DQ-A3Q-A3E-G3DQ-F3Q-!-B3DW-!!

TO BE PLAYED ONLY AT THE END
!-B3H-A3DE-G3S-A3DE-E3Q-RS-E3DE-D3S-!-E3W-RH-!
!-E4Q-D4Q-B3Q-A3Q-G3Q-E3Q-!-Bb3DW-!! (On this line, slow to a stop.)

Fur on my tummy fur on my cheek
Fur in the cold of the night
Never been born is the lover I seek
Fur in the cold of the night
Warm living lover to say it's all right
Nip and caress me and beneath the moonlight
(With) fur on my tummy fur on my cheek
Fur in the cold of the night

No one in costume could ever replace
Fur in the cold of the night
Beastial pleasures would be a disgrace
Rover would take no delight
No smooth-skin lovers in covers of fur
(They've) no claws to hold me and they couldn't purr
(The) blanket that I need licks at my face
Fur in the cold of the night

Oh am I crazy to want lovers who
Look like they grew
Out of a zoo
I want the touch oh I need it so much
Of human and animal too

I have to face it I'll never find
Fur in the cold of the night
Nowhere the lover I have in mind
Fur in the cold of the night
Though I might marry husband and wife
I will be lonesome the rest of my life
(For) fur on my tummy fur on my cheek
Fur in the cold of the night

Fur in the cold of the night
Fur in the cold of the night [On this line, slow to a stop.]

(c) 1992 Allan D. Burrows "Fur In The Cold Of The Night"
may be performed, distributed
copied freely, but may not be
used for any commercial purpose
without the author's permission.

---8<--------

The tune-notation uses a structure of note_name+octave+note_length, with
a D-prefix to the note-length for 'dotted' notes.

It is pretty obvious once you remember that American musicians tend not
to use the fancy names.

I can just about imagine this song on the Muppet Show -- a Confurence
version could get interesting...

Dave

... You know how to whistle? You just put your lips together and blow.
___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.11

Jonathan L Miller

Feb 17, 1995, 10:24:51 PM2/17/95
Dave Bryant (p...@netcom.com) wrote:
: In article <3hnv8t$i...@news.csus.edu>,
: raymonD Collazo <rcol...@silicon.csci.csusb.edu> wrote:
: >
: > Just wondering if anyone knows of any furry-related music floating
: >around out there, or if anyone minds typing up the kinds of songs THEY
: >(you) relate to Furry-Fandom...

: Jethro Tull's "Cat Police" and "Bungle in the Jungle"

"...And the Mouse Police Never Sleeps" actually...from the "Heavy Horses"
album, I mentioned awhile ago. The whole damn album is furry!! :-)

jonathan.

D.M. Quozl Falk

Feb 18, 1995, 2:11:21 AM2/18/95
Re: "Dog Police"... I saw this on the USA Network's "Night Flight"
*years* ago....

....Quozl!

D.M. Quozl Falk

Feb 18, 1995, 2:13:44 AM2/18/95
Ahh, finally remembered this (how could I forget?!?):

"Pads, Paws & Claws" by Elvis Costello, from his CD, "Spike"...

Dave Bryant

Feb 18, 1995, 5:05:41 AM2/18/95
Oh, yes... two more I've just remembered....

Al Stewart's "The Year of the Cat", easily the most erotic song I've ever
heard. Don't ask me why, it just is.

I don't recall who did the song "Long Cool Woman", dammit, but I do
vividly remember most of the lyrics, including the first glimpse the
narrating character (a narc of some sort) has of the title character:
"...a tall-walking big black cat..."

-- Dave Bryant, Art Director, _Yarf!_
"Kitten" Tom Clowder on FurryMUCK
Sunnyvale, California, United States
...Who thinks his musical tastes date him....

D.M. Quozl Falk

Feb 18, 1995, 5:31:52 AM2/18/95
Dave Bryant (p...@netcom.com) wrote:
: Oh, yes... two more I've just remembered....

: Al Stewart's "The Year of the Cat", easily the most erotic song I've ever
: heard. Don't ask me why, it just is.

Oooh, lordy... How could *anyone* forget this "Casablanca"-esque song! :)

: I don't recall who did the song "Long Cool Woman", dammit, but I do

: vividly remember most of the lyrics, including the first glimpse the
: narrating character (a narc of some sort) has of the title character:
: "...a tall-walking big black cat..."

The Hollies.

Paul R Lester

Feb 18, 1995, 12:50:55 PM2/18/95

There's a folk song Iheard some years ago called "I'm a Raccoon", that
I'd love to find again. I only have vague reccollections of the lyrics:

Breaking into people's houses and taking their stuff
I'm a raccoon!
(Yay!)

etc.

Sound familiar to anyone?

--
-- "I'll be honest with you. I could use a good ass-kicking."

Dean L. Norton

Feb 18, 1995, 3:27:43 PM2/18/95
Well um...you could try:

"Pads, Paws, and Claws" by Elvis Costello
"Can Your Pussy Do The Dog" by The CRAMPS
"Cat Scratch Fever" by Ted Nugent
"Catnip Dream" by Shonen Knife
"Weasel Face" by the RAMONES
"Who Killed Bambi?" by The Sex Pistols
"Pussycat Meow" by Deee-Lite
"Strolling Wolf" by The Creatures <aka Souxie and The Banshees>
"Tommy the Cat" by PRIMUS
"Beaver Patrol" by POP WILL EAT ITSELF
"Killer Wolf" by DANZIG
"Poodle Party" by The Dickies
"Big Bad Moon" by Joe Satriani

Well'p that's about all I could come up with...I'll take me a while to
find more...;>

-Dean L. Norton
shad...@annex.com
shad...@castlebbs.com

Steve Arlow

Feb 19, 1995, 4:45:39 PM2/19/95
In article <brenda_daverin*-150295...@mac888.kip.apple.com>,
Brenda Daverin <brenda_daverin*@quickmail.apple.com> wrote:

>I find Pink Floyd's "Animals" album to be rather heavily furry. The 23rd
>psalm rewrite from a theoretical perspective of real sheep definitely
>qualifies. I'd quote the name of the cut if I could.

"Sheep"

--
Since firing Surgeon General Jocelyn Elders, | Steve Arlow, Yorick Software
President Clinton has admitted to experimenting | 39336 Polo Club Dr. #103

Steve Arlow

Feb 19, 1995, 5:01:29 PM2/19/95
In article <lontraD4...@netcom.com>, Lontra <lon...@netcom.com> wrote:
>Ooh, don't furget the Cure's "Other Voices" from "Faith":
>
>"Whisper your name/In an empty room
>"You brush past my skin/Soft as fur
>"I take you hold/I taste your scent
>"Distant noises/Other voices...

Hmm, I'll have to pick up some more Cure.

Furry or furry-related songs from Peter Gabriel:

Shock the Monkey:
"Fox the fox / Rat on the Rat
You can Ape the Ape / I know about that..."

The Family and the Fishing Net:
"Suffocated by mirrors, stained by dreams
Her honey belly pulls the seams
Curves are stiff upon the hinge,
Pale zeroes tinge the Tiger's skin..."

Games Without Frontiers: (maybe that's a stretch)
"Whistling tunes we're kissing baboons in the jungle"

Solsbury Hill:
"Climbing up on Solsbury Hill / I could see the city light
Wind was blowing, time stood still / Eagle flew out of the night.
He was something to observe / He came in close, I heard a voice
Standing, stretching every nerve / I had to listen, had no choice"

raymonD Collazo

Feb 19, 1995, 11:43:02 PM2/19/95
WOW.... What a response... Some of the names reconjured
up some songs Ive forgotten YEARS ago.... Now that I think
about it, there WAS one song that painted a picture in my
head of a Ware(wolf?) watching a human fall from a building,
falling past Numerous handgrips where the human could grab on
to, all the while having the dialogue...

(wearthing next to handhold)
(w) Youre out of touch... (human flys past handhold)
(h) Im out of Time...
(w) Time... (wearthing runs down to next)
(h) going outta my head when youre not around... (human tries to catch grip)

(I cant remember the rest of the song...)

And just before the guy crashes into the concrete of the street,
he grabs the last handhold and pulls the warething over and switch
places...

What was the name of that song?

Christopher V. Berdoz

Feb 20, 1995, 10:51:55 AM2/20/95

You know, I heard the most interesting song on Garrison Keillor the
other day (Prarie HOme Companion). It was a Scottish (?) folk
song about what the rabbit thinks as its being hunted by the people and
the dogs on some special holiday. It sounded very nice to boot!
'Here comes the huntsman' or something like that is all I can
remember. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

D.M. Quozl Falk

Feb 21, 1995, 1:25:52 AM2/21/95
Steve Harrison (shar...@opal.tufts.edu) wrote:
: In article <quozlD3...@netcom.com>, qu...@netcom.com (D.M. "Quozl"
: Falk) wrote:

: > BTW, the original album cover for Klaatu's 1975 debut album (yes, they
: > had a few more), which was self-titled, is most definitely Furry. (This
: > is taken from the original CD reissue @ 1988, BTW) The front & back
: > covers are symmetrical images, but the mouse that appears normal on the
: > front, is in a nightshirt holding a candle on the back.....

: Not only that but the last sound on the first album is a mouse squeak
: and the first sound on the 2nd album is also a mouse squeak! Furthermore
: the mouse turns up on the cover of all FIVE Klaatu albums. It's fun
: trying to find him each time.

*mymymymymymymy...* I had always *wondered* why there was that squeak at
the end of "Little Neutrino" (for an analogue recording @ 1975,
*eeeeexcellent* dynamic range - And the CD is surround-sound compatible)...

Now, I'm curious of getting the other four albums... :)

Hmm... Closet furryfans from '75-'80? You be the judge! :) Nevertheless,
their first album is quite good and ahead of its time...

Any source for the lyrics for Klaatu's recordings? I've been trying to
figure out just *what* the lyrics to "Little Neutrino" and "Sir Rugglesby
III"...

Allan D. Burrows

Feb 21, 1995, 6:50:15 AM2/21/95
Peter da Silva <pe...@bonkers.taronga.com> wrote:
>Furriest music I know is "Echoes", by Pink Floyd. It's a great long
>instrumental, the flip side of "Meddle", and it just sounds like
>werewolves to me.

What about Genesis, "Dodo"? There are dodos in it as well as
something rising out of the mud, (although I suppose it could be human... if
humans could breath mud!)

+----------------------------------------------+--------------------+
| Allan Burrows -> ac...@freenet.toronto.on.ca | The success of one |
| -> es...@io.org | oft brings the |
| -> or on Fidonet at 1:250/432 | failure of many. |
+----------------------------------------------+--------------------+

Aki

Feb 21, 1995, 9:20:58 AM2/21/95
In article
<Pine.LNX.3.91.95021...@mail.castlebbs.co
m>, shad...@castlebbs.com says...

>Well um...you could try:
>
>"Pads, Paws, and Claws" by Elvis Costello
>"Can Your Pussy Do The Dog" by The CRAMPS
>"Cat Scratch Fever" by Ted Nugent
>"Catnip Dream" by Shonen Knife
>"Weasel Face" by the RAMONES
>"Who Killed Bambi?" by The Sex Pistols
>"Pussycat Meow" by Deee-Lite
>"Strolling Wolf" by The Creatures <aka Souxie and The Banshees>
>"Tommy the Cat" by PRIMUS
>"Beaver Patrol" by POP WILL EAT ITSELF
>"Killer Wolf" by DANZIG
>"Poodle Party" by The Dickies