Lyrics to Raccoon Song?

Xydexx Squeakypony

Jun 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/16/99
Does anyone have the complete lyrics to "The Raccoon Song", (the one
from the Furry Variety Show at Duckon)?

I've still got the "wearing my mask, looking like a bear" part stuck in
my head[1], and I thought I'd torment Rigel even further by singing the
whole song over and over again. -:)

Xydexx the Evil Squeakypony [ICQ: 7569393]
http://www.smart.net/~xydexx/squeakypony/ponypage.htm

[1] It's almost as bad as having "Horse With No
Name" or the Hamster Dance song stuck in my
head. I sang "Raindrops Keep Falling On My
Head" for TWO HOURS while getting ready for
a trip up to New York once. I must be a
masochist or something. Maybe that's why I
post to alt.fan.furry every now and then. Hey,
did I mention that I went to Duckon this past
weekend? It was fun. Definitely more fun than
singing "Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head" for
two hours. It rained quite a bit while I was
at Duckon, too. It even rained on the way
back home, and so our flight got delayed. I
passed the time by singing "The Raccoon Song"
to Rigel, but since I didn't know all the
words, I could only sing that one part over
and over again. Ohwell.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Jim Doolittle

Jun 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/16/99
In article <7k8s83$ss5$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, Xydexx Squeakypony
<xyd...@my-deja.com> wrote:

> Does anyone have the complete lyrics to "The Raccoon Song", (the one
> from the Furry Variety Show at Duckon)?
>
> I've still got the "wearing my mask, looking like a bear" part stuck in
> my head[1], and I thought I'd torment Rigel even further by singing the
> whole song over and over again. -:)

Transcription by me:

Eatin all the crud,
Down at the dump,
I'm a racoon!

Breakin' into homes and stealing all the stuff,
I'm a racoon!

Wearin' my mask,
Yay!
Lookin' like a bear,
Yay.

Wearin' my mask and lookin' like a bear,
I'm a racoon!

Washin' some fish and washin' some fish,
I'm a racoon!

Operatin' by night and getting bit by dogs (!),
I'm a racoon!

Wearin' my mask,
Yay!
Lookin' like a bear,
Yay.

Wearin' my mask and lookin' like a bear,
I'm a racoon!

[fiddle break]

With my Davy Crockett cap, and my coonskin coat,
I'm a racoon!

Don't trust me with your favorite stuff,
I'm a racoon!

Wearin' my mask,
Yay!
Lookin' like a bear,
Yay.

Wearin' my mask and lookin' like a bear,
I'm a racooooooooon!

Yay!

Any errors are my own, and I transcribed it from the mp3 that I just
happen to have...

-Jim

| Jim Doolittle Fuzzy Logic E-Zine |
| dool...@tbcnet.com http://fuzzylogic.betterbox.net |

Xydexx the Inflatable Unicorn

Jun 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/25/99
Jim Doolittle wrote:
> I'm a racooooooooon!
>
> Yay!

And yes, I've got that song stuck in my head again.

Gee, THANKS... -:)

Xydexx Squeakypony [ICQ: 7569393]
My Duckon con report, in my online journal...
http://www.smart.net/~xydexx/lifestyle/j990614.htm

Chris Johnson

Jun 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/25/99
In article <7l0di2$9r8$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, Xydexx the Inflatable Unicorn

<xyd...@my-deja.com> wrote:
> And yes, I've got that song stuck in my head again.
> Gee, THANKS... -:)

I've toyed with the idea of learning the harmony part, seeing as people
will be singing this all con long :)

Jinx_tigr
(aka Chris Johnson)