0.0

My Little Coyote

Feb 1, 2005, 7:34:01 AM2/1/05
Yep, it's worksafe(!)

http://www.yiff.co.uk/

---
"And he was telling tales of past and future, when man was made and when man will fall"

Wanderer

Feb 1, 2005, 11:08:26 AM2/1/05
"My Little Coyote" <dsa...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

> Yep, it's worksafe(!)
>
> http://www.yiff.co.uk/

Yes, because it's expired. It is no more! It is an ex-account!

Yours with a Pythonesque grin,

The wolfish,

Wanderer
wand...@ticnet.com

"Where am I going? I don't quite know.
What does it matter *where* people go?
Down to the woods where the bluebells grow!
Anywhere! Anywhere! *I* don't know!"
-- a. a. milne

Lazarian

Feb 1, 2005, 11:12:03 AM2/1/05
On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 12:34:01 GMT, dsa...@yahoo.co.uk (My Little
Coyote) wrote:

>http://www.yiff.co.uk/

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

note to self: ALWAYS Google the acronym before naming anything!

-Lazarian

Don Sanders

Feb 1, 2005, 11:28:08 AM2/1/05
In article <10vvabs...@corp.supernews.com>, wand...@ticnet.com
says...

> "My Little Coyote" <dsa...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Yep, it's worksafe(!)
> >
> > http://www.yiff.co.uk/
> >

> Yes, because it's expired. It is no more! It is an ex-account!

Does that make it a No-Account Site? :)

--
Don Sanders.

The Emerald Eyed Coyote

Feb 1, 2005, 12:58:30 PM2/1/05
Lazarian <laza...@hotmaildoesnotlikespam.com> shall never vanquished
be until great Birnam wood to high alt.fan.furry. hill shall come
against him.

the Message boards say:

"Feel free to discuss anything loosely related to YIFF"

gosh...

The Emerald Eyed Coyote

Feb 1, 2005, 12:58:10 PM2/1/05
Don Sanders <noo...@myemail.com> shall never vanquished be until

great Birnam wood to high alt.fan.furry. hill shall come against him.

Works fine for me.

mouse

Feb 2, 2005, 3:30:49 AM2/2/05
dsa...@yahoo.co.uk (The Emerald Eyed Coyote) wrote in

> Lazarian <laza...@hotmaildoesnotlikespam.com> shall never vanquished
> be until great Birnam wood to high alt.fan.furry. hill shall come
> against him.
>>On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 12:34:01 GMT, dsa...@yahoo.co.uk (My Little
>>Coyote) wrote:
>>
>>>http://www.yiff.co.uk/
>>
>> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
>>
>> note to self: ALWAYS Google the acronym before naming anything!
>>
>> -Lazarian
>
> the Message boards say:
>
> "Feel free to discuss anything loosely related to YIFF"
>
> gosh...

This is one of those situations where it would be totally OK to go over
there and post furry porn fiction and artwork all over the forums.

Its like if you ask a girl if she wants to see your new wristwatch.. and
she says "yes". You can 'whip it out' and wrap it around your wrist and
show her. Youre in the green at that point.

Hey, they asked for it, its fair game - sux to be them :)

Tery Knight

Feb 2, 2005, 4:26:24 AM2/2/05
The Emerald Eyed Coyote wrote:
> Lazarian <laza...@hotmaildoesnotlikespam.com> shall never vanquished
> be until great Birnam wood to high alt.fan.furry. hill shall come
> against him.
>
>>On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 12:34:01 GMT, dsa...@yahoo.co.uk (My Little
>>Coyote) wrote:
>>

>>>http://www.yiff.co.uk/
>>
>> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
>>
>> note to self: ALWAYS Google the acronym before naming anything!
>>
>> -Lazarian
>

> the Message boards say:
>
> "Feel free to discuss anything loosely related to YIFF"
>
> gosh...

Not to mention one of the contact email addresses being yiffpixie@... :)

And:
" Without YIFF, York would be reliant upon the mainstream film industry
for almost all of its cinematic material." (the mind boggles)

"... we hope you enjoyed what YIFF had to offer."

Bill Marcum

Feb 3, 2005, 8:30:37 AM2/3/05
On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 17:58:10 GMT, The Emerald Eyed Coyote
<dsa...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Works fine for me.

I got "This hosting account has expired". (My paranoid side wonders if
this has anything to do with one's choice of browser: Firefox 1.0 here).
Went to www.archive.org to find out what all the fuss was about. On the
"About" page, it said "YIFF is dead, long live YIFF." Cool motto, I
wonder if they have t-shirts.

Bill Marcum

Feb 3, 2005, 8:58:24 AM2/3/05
On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 08:30:49 +0000 (UTC), mouse
<mo...@blackvault.com> wrote:
> dsa...@yahoo.co.uk (The Emerald Eyed Coyote) wrote in
>>
>> the Message boards say:
>>
>> "Feel free to discuss anything loosely related to YIFF"
>>
>> gosh...
>
> This is one of those situations where it would be totally OK to go over
> there and post furry porn fiction and artwork all over the forums.

It also says "Keep it clean though - abusive messages, spam and
excessive obscenity will be deleted." Your guess is as good as mine
what they mean by "excessive obscenity".

Unidyne

Feb 3, 2005, 7:20:20 PM2/3/05

Like the people who almost chartered their church as the First Unitarian
Church of Kingston?
(True story!)

Steven F. Scharff

Lazarian

Feb 3, 2005, 7:55:18 PM2/3/05
On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 00:20:20 GMT, Unidyne <uni...@cox.net> wrote:

>Like the people who almost chartered their church as the First Unitarian
>Church of Kingston?
>(True story!)

I guess the Second Unitarian Church of Kingston wasn't really an
option either, huh?

-Lazarian

Silver Seams

Feb 3, 2005, 9:58:29 PM2/3/05
begin Unidyne <uni...@cox.net> quotation from news:20050203162020790-
08...@news.west.cox.net:

> Like the people who almost chartered their church as the First Unitarian
> Church of Kingston?
> (True story!)

You *sure* it's true? It's made the rounds with any number of variants;
the one here is "Friends University of Central Kansas." (There *is* a
Friends University here, but the region is more commonly called South-
Central Kansas.) I Have Been Told(tm) that "they had letterhead made up
and everything before they realized it."

--
http://www.silverseams.com/ - Fursuits, plushies, and other stuff
http://www.furbid.ws/cgi-bin/auction.pl?alluser&Silver_seams

Rick Pikul

Feb 4, 2005, 12:47:14 AM2/4/05
On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 02:58:29 +0000, Silver Seams wrote:

> begin Unidyne <uni...@cox.net> quotation from news:20050203162020790-
> 08...@news.west.cox.net:
>
>> Like the people who almost chartered their church as the First Unitarian
>> Church of Kingston?
>> (True story!)
>
> You *sure* it's true? It's made the rounds with any number of variants;
> the one here is "Friends University of Central Kansas." (There *is* a
> Friends University here, but the region is more commonly called South-
> Central Kansas.) I Have Been Told(tm) that "they had letterhead made up
> and everything before they realized it."

I don't know about those, but for a couple of days we had as one of our
political parties the Conservative-Reform Alliance Party.

They very quickly reversed the start.

--
Phoenix

Silver Seams

Feb 4, 2005, 2:29:07 PM2/4/05
begin Rick Pikul <rwp...@sympatico.ca> quotation from

> I don't know about those, but for a couple of days we had as one
> of our
> political parties the Conservative-Reform Alliance Party.
>
> They very quickly reversed the start.

"Canadian" was an official part of the name, but often gets dropped to
make it a better story... this is how these things mutate. They take on a
life of their own. It's kind of an interesting study, really. (ObFurry:
In alt.folklore.urban these variants are known as "nudie tails.")

Rick Pikul

Feb 5, 2005, 2:55:17 AM2/5/05
On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 19:29:07 +0000, Silver Seams wrote:

> begin Rick Pikul <rwp...@sympatico.ca> quotation from
>
>> I don't know about those, but for a couple of days we had as one
>> of our
>> political parties the Conservative-Reform Alliance Party.
>>
>> They very quickly reversed the start.
>
> "Canadian" was an official part of the name, but often gets dropped to
> make it a better story...

It still sended up CCRAP, and the press still had a few days of fun.

--
Phoenix