Many years from now in furry fandom you'll see...

126 views
Skip to first unread message

Mike and Carole

unread,
Dec 30, 2003, 10:52:28 PM12/30/03
to
...Terrie Smith doing commissions for pacemakers

...Jim Groat doing con badges to pay for John's AARP membership

....someone asking Taral Wayne when the next BEATRIX is coming out

...Brian O'Connell promising to get started on commissions real soon

....Mike Hirtes promising the latest news story will destroy furry fandom

....Sibe voted "Favorite of the Month" in Cell Block 14, Sing Sing.

...SFA still trying to make deadlines on comics

...people remembering the "good old days" of Confurence 8

...Kage's story hour runs into overtime when his Polygrip goes

...Adult Depends becomes vital part of older fursuits

Any other ideas?

Mike

Obvious Fake. Do Not Harvest.

unread,
Dec 30, 2003, 11:34:46 PM12/30/03
to
>From: "Mike and Carole"

>Any other ideas?

Wandering, off-topic threads, flames and trolls on alt.fan.furry,
alt.lifestyle.furry, and alt.artificially-created.furry... as well as people
who accidentally cross post between them.

Continuing, unsolvable controversy as people who prefer the web find the latest
technological communications marvel -- home-based hyper-networked
virtual-reality simulation -- is bringing in lots of fresh blood to the fandom,
but the newer furs don't seem to care about or support the older methods.

And, of course, the sex vs no-sex debate rages on.

This is fun!

********************************************************
If you want me to see your response, please post.
http://www.towerofbabel.com/antispam
http://members.hostedscripts.com/antispam.html
********************************************************

Kathmandu

unread,
Dec 30, 2003, 11:58:31 PM12/30/03
to

"Mike and Carole" <Shan...@cyberback.com> wrote in message
news:10728442...@news.cyberback.com...


Fursuiters in rocket jetpacks flying over the Empire State building.

The next BEATRIX comic is released unfortunately Beatrix has traded her
mauve bodysuit for Depends...

The Funday Pawpet Show goes nation wide on Spike TV and is number 1 in the
Nealsons.

Someone getting around to actually burning the chair...

Furry writers gain the respect and admiration they deserve.


Darrel L. Exline

unread,
Dec 31, 2003, 5:16:05 PM12/31/03
to
"Kathmandu" <kath...@cableone.com> wrote in message news:<bstl19$mf5$1...@velox.critter.net>...

>
> Someone getting around to actually burning the chair...

If stories are to be believed, the chair being referenced is at Steven
Martin's house... This one can be arranged if anyone can convince
Steve to help.

--Darrel.

Bob Guthrie

unread,
Dec 31, 2003, 5:54:56 PM12/31/03
to
In article <db6c131.03123...@posting.google.com>,

dar...@polarden.org (Darrel L. Exline) wrote:

> > Someone getting around to actually burning the chair...
>
> If stories are to be believed, the chair being referenced is at Steven
> Martin's house... This one can be arranged if anyone can convince
> Steve to help.
>
> --Darrel.

It is?...

No, i just finished searching the house, studio and garage for that
oversized, infamious cream ("Eeeeew!.") colored chair,... No chair
matching the one in the photograph was located.

Had i, i would have set fire to it myself. >=)

BMG

MHirtes

unread,
Dec 31, 2003, 8:23:01 PM12/31/03
to
In article <db6c131.03123...@posting.google.com>,
dar...@polarden.org (Darrel L. Exline) wrote:

If Steve featured it on Furbid with the rights to torch it, it would
make him a VERY wealthy man.

Mike and Carole

unread,
Dec 31, 2003, 10:29:37 PM12/31/03
to
What is the story on the chair?

Mike


"Darrel L. Exline" <dar...@polarden.org> wrote in message
news:db6c131.03123...@posting.google.com...

MHirtes

unread,
Jan 1, 2004, 12:06:47 AM1/1/04
to
There was something on the chair all right, and it wasn't a story.

Unless you call it a horror story.

In article <10729293...@news.cyberback.com>,

Paul R. Bennett

unread,
Jan 1, 2004, 2:37:49 AM1/1/04
to

Kathmandu wrote:

> "Mike and Carole" <Shan...@cyberback.com> wrote in message
> news:10728442...@news.cyberback.com...
> > ...Terrie Smith doing commissions for pacemakers
> >
> > ...Jim Groat doing con badges to pay for John's AARP membership
> >
> > ....someone asking Taral Wayne when the next BEATRIX is coming out
> >
> > ...Brian O'Connell promising to get started on commissions real soon

Wait a minute here, isn't this part of Furry... TODAY!

> > ....Mike Hirtes promising the latest news story will destroy furry fandom

Well, as long as Furry's insist on sharing the details of their raging mad
love...
Publicly... Lesssee, how many bullets has furry ducked?
I kind'a figure that the Big Mo' of public relations is sitting off shore, it
ain't a' when those 16 inchers cut loose(and no, I don't mean what Furry wishes
they had in their pants.;)

> > ....Sibe voted "Favorite of the Month" in Cell Block 14, Sing Sing.
> >
> > ...SFA still trying to make deadlines on comics

Hey, not my problem, yours. One of those embarressing little reasons I have
such a harsh view of those holding an MFBA.

> > ...people remembering the "good old days" of Confurence 8

Is that like remembering "The good old days of Caligula"

> > ...Kage's story hour runs into overtime when his Polygrip goes

Now, while I have to say as how I have my own issue's with Conway, Curtis,
don't you think as that was a cheap shot? (silly question, I forgot Furry
Politics, see also SFA deadlines)

> > ...Adult Depends becomes vital part of older fursuits
>
> Fursuiters in rocket jetpacks flying over the Empire State building.

Uhh.... Jetpacks? Won't a dinner of beer and eggs work? If not, I figure,
mention Disney and Klingons should do the job.

> The next BEATRIX comic is released unfortunately Beatrix has traded her
> mauve bodysuit for Depends...

I just went into hysterics when I thought about that one. OTOH waving a used
Depends under the nose of a villian has a certain "air" of superpower about it.

> The Funday Pawpet Show goes nation wide on Spike TV and is number 1 in the
> Nealsons.

Be afraid, be very afraid

> Someone getting around to actually burning the chair...

Or being burned in the chair.... Ya' wanna get to throw the switch?

> Furry writers gain the respect and admiration they deserve.

Excuse me... that one? Have you ever read James Blish and his "Cities in
Flight" stories I am thinking the last of the stories when James Amalfy
becomes his own pocket universe. "Trimuph of Time" I think it was.

In any event we are taling a major restructuring of the universe, as well as a
major rethink of physical laws as would leave Stephen Hawkins and Albert
Einstein stunned. A concept that will exist in limbo until some great
physcist, millenia in the future, finds a reason to upset all our physical
laws.

On that day, everybody better grab hold of the street lamps, 'cause gravity
just reversed.

"Chester" is not the long sought graviton.

Past that we will not deveal.
Paul

M. Mitchell Marmel

unread,
Jan 1, 2004, 2:35:33 AM1/1/04
to
In article <10729293...@news.cyberback.com>,

"Mike and Carole" <Shan...@cyberback.com> wrote:

> What is the story on the chair?

You don't want to know.

But if you absolutely MUST know...

http://www.somethingawful.com/cliff/ihateyou/page-177.htm

Don't say I didn't warn you, though.

-MMM-

Richard F. Thatcher

unread,
Jan 1, 2004, 8:19:21 AM1/1/04
to

"M. Mitchell Marmel" <marm...@vrx.net> wrote in message
news:marmelmm-BB19D3...@velox.critter.net...

BURN!! BURN!! BURN!!! Strategic nuke! Phasers! Overloaded photon
salvo!! Heavy Romulan plasma torpedo barrage!!

Roadrodent


Mike and Carole

unread,
Jan 1, 2004, 9:38:54 AM1/1/04
to

"Paul R. Bennett" <rf...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
news:3FF3CE4D...@bellsouth.net...

>
>
> > > ...Kage's story hour runs into overtime when his Polygrip goes
>
> Now, while I have to say as how I have my own issue's with Conway, Curtis,
> don't you think as that was a cheap shot? (silly question, I forgot Furry
> Politics, see also SFA deadlines)

No, we like Kage, look, we also made a crack at ourselves. It was better
than making another roach joke.

Mike


Steven R. Addlesee

unread,
Jan 1, 2004, 12:08:33 PM1/1/04
to
"M. Mitchell Marmel" <marm...@vrx.net> wrote in message news:<marmelmm-BB19D3...@velox.critter.net>...

ACK! You warned me, and I looked (that's NO way to start off the new
year). That's MORE of Kevin Duane than I wanted to know and/or see.
Did he lose a bet or something? Talk about self-promotion.


Steven R. Addlesee

MHirtes

unread,
Jan 1, 2004, 2:33:55 PM1/1/04
to
In article <marmelmm-BB19D3...@velox.critter.net>,

If the Necronomicon had a centerfold, THIS pic would be it.

MHirtes

unread,
Jan 1, 2004, 2:38:37 PM1/1/04
to
In article <f86d0e99.04010...@posting.google.com>,


Legend has it that when he was staying at Steve Martin's house for a
spell, Steve stepped out of his studio for an errand or whatever, and
Kevin IMMEDIATELY stripped himself down, took a pic with (Steves?)
digital camera, and put his clothes back on before Steve got back. Kevin
then went around uploading the pic in his "Hey gals? Want some of THIS?
Come and get it, ladies." frame of mind, and the rest is infamy.

THIS is the kinda guy that furrydom attrracts, kids. Ain'cha so proud of
what you've done?

MHirtes

unread,
Jan 1, 2004, 2:40:54 PM1/1/04
to
In article <bt16p3$2j4v$1...@velox.critter.net>,

Hey, that reminds me. We all know how Kevin likes to take artists
illustrations and makes banners of it to sell at cons (fat chance of the
artist ever seeing a cut, of course). Wonder if maybe Kev might like a
dose of his own medicine if THIS pic of his got made into a poster or
banner, and the proceeds would go to the artists Kevin's screwed over?

Mike and Carole

unread,
Jan 1, 2004, 4:00:36 PM1/1/04
to

"M. Mitchell Marmel" <marm...@vrx.net> wrote in message
news:marmelmm-BB19D3...@velox.critter.net...


Oh, THAT chair.

Maybe we can get 9 people from a con to take the chair from Steve Martin's
house and carry it to Mount Doom.

Say.....four rpg players, two fursuiters, a plushie, a publisher and an
authroity on the fandom.

Mike


J.P. Morgan

unread,
Jan 1, 2004, 4:02:29 PM1/1/04
to
"Mike and Carole" <Shan...@cyberback.com> wrote in message news:<10729694...@news.cyberback.com>...
"Paul R. Bennet" is a loon who sees vast conspiracies against him
everywhere. "Masters of Furry Business Administration?" Gee -- his
lack of success must be caused by... by THEM, by golly.

("Paul" is afraid THEY will steal his tinfoil hat.)

MHirtes

unread,
Jan 1, 2004, 4:08:48 PM1/1/04
to
In article <10729923...@news.cyberback.com>,

"Mike and Carole" <Shan...@cyberback.com> wrote:

> "M. Mitchell Marmel" <marm...@vrx.net> wrote in message
> news:marmelmm-BB19D3...@velox.critter.net...
> > In article <10729293...@news.cyberback.com>,
> > "Mike and Carole" <Shan...@cyberback.com> wrote:
> >
> > > What is the story on the chair?
> >
> > You don't want to know.
> >
> > But if you absolutely MUST know...
> >
> > http://www.somethingawful.com/cliff/ihateyou/page-177.htm
> >
> > Don't say I didn't warn you, though.
> >
> > -MMM-
>
>
> Oh, THAT chair.
>
> Maybe we can get 9 people from a con to take the chair from Steve Martin's
> house and carry it to Mount Doom.
>
> Say.....four rpg players, two fursuiters, a plushie, a publisher and an
> authroity on the fandom.
>
> Mike
>
>

"You have my plushie."

"AND my copy of ASB."

MHirtes

unread,
Jan 1, 2004, 4:12:46 PM1/1/04
to
In article <htes-086E3F.1...@news.central.cox.net>,
MHirtes <ht...@jawholenewaddy.com> wrote:

And the first scene I envision is Kage the Grey facing off against
"Bondage Balbob", and shouting "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!".

iBuck

unread,
Jan 1, 2004, 5:03:14 PM1/1/04
to
>Maybe we can get 9 people from a con to take the chair from Steve Martin's
>house and carry it to Mount Doom.

Lets see... from another thread way back when NJ appears to be mordor.. so,
where -exactally- is MT Doom...

I'd reccomend going by way of Philly, so Kage can play shelob at The Adams
Mark/Cirith Ungol..
"You can have it Quickly,Correct, Complex - Pick 2"

Bob Guthrie

unread,
Jan 1, 2004, 6:49:14 PM1/1/04
to
In article <10729923...@news.cyberback.com>,

"Mike and Carole" <Shan...@cyberback.com> wrote:

> Oh, THAT chair.
>
> Maybe we can get 9 people from a con to take the chair from Steve Martin's
> house and carry it to Mount Doom.
>

> Mike


According to Steve, the chair already met its demise a few years back
(Looked around once more, JUST in case.)

BMG

Brian W. Antoine

unread,
Jan 1, 2004, 8:46:50 PM1/1/04
to
On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 22:58:31 -0600, "Kathmandu" <kath...@cableone.com>
wrote:

>
>Furry writers gain the respect and admiration they deserve.

I thought the idea was to present items that were remotely possible? :)

Steven R. Addlesee

unread,
Jan 2, 2004, 12:32:17 AM1/2/04
to
MHirtes <ht...@jawholenewaddy.com> wrote in message news:<htes-8736F2.1...@news.central.cox.net>...

>
> Legend has it that when he was staying at Steve Martin's house for a
> spell, Steve stepped out of his studio for an errand or whatever, and
> Kevin IMMEDIATELY stripped himself down, took a pic with (Steves?)
> digital camera, and put his clothes back on before Steve got back. Kevin
> then went around uploading the pic in his "Hey gals? Want some of THIS?
> Come and get it, ladies." frame of mind, and the rest is infamy.
>
> THIS is the kinda guy that furrydom attrracts, kids. Ain'cha so proud of
> what you've done?

Furdom has always had that problem for years. Slow to denounce or
cast out someone who's repeatedly troublesome because they're an
artgod (don't wanna chuck a good source of spooge art) or is a "good
draw". Yet again, they're VERY quick to cast out someone who isn't
one of them politically/socially/culturally. After seven years
('94-'00), except for ZonieCon (which has ALWAYS treated me well), I
realized I had gone as far as I could in furdom without selling out.
I retired after ConFurence XI. Now I'm a pro mainstream inker with a
couple assignments that are furry-related. Maybe I got off light.


Steven R. Addlesee

Steven R. Addlesee

unread,
Jan 2, 2004, 12:34:14 AM1/2/04
to
MHirtes <ht...@jawholenewaddy.com> wrote in message news:<htes-BFDF59.1...@news.central.cox.net>...


> If the Necronomicon had a centerfold, THIS pic would be it.

I was about to say "you'll get th' chair f'r THAT one", but that's too cruel (heh).


Steven R. Addlesee

Steven R. Addlesee

unread,
Jan 2, 2004, 12:39:09 AM1/2/04
to
"Mike and Carole" <Shan...@cyberback.com> wrote in message news:<10729923...@news.cyberback.com>...

>
> Maybe we can get 9 people from a con to take the chair from Steve Martin's
> house and carry it to Mount Doom.
>
> Say.....four rpg players, two fursuiters, a plushie, a publisher and an
> authroity on the fandom.

Replace one of the gamers with a certain writer/artist/INKER who
retired from furdom and lived in exile (worked for Aragorn). Hokay,
we have the Fellowship of the Throne. Does that mean Kevin will be
Gollum? (sh-boom...tsssss)


Steven R. Addlesee

DLNorton

unread,
Jan 2, 2004, 3:55:28 AM1/2/04
to
"M. Mitchell Marmel" <marm...@vrx.net> wrote in message news:<marmelmm-BB19D3...@velox.critter.net>...

Well'p..that's it..I'm sterile for sure...

Wanderer

unread,
Jan 2, 2004, 4:50:53 AM1/2/04
to
"MHirtes" <ht...@jawholenewaddy.com> wrote in message
news:htes-459188.1...@news.central.cox.net...

<snip>

> And the first scene I envision is Kage the Grey facing off against
> "Bondage Balbob", and shouting "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!".

Hm... well, I'm a willing RPG player, so let's see... I suppose I could be
Strider.:>

<looks around> Darn it, no Arwen. Guess I'm Samwise.:/

Yours wolfishly,

The food-preparing,

Wanderer
wand...@ticnet.com

"Where am I going? I don't quite know.
What does it matter *where* people go?
Down to the woods where the bluebells grow!
Anywhere! Anywhere! *I* don't know!"
-- a. a. milne


Steven R. Addlesee

unread,
Jan 2, 2004, 6:25:03 AM1/2/04
to
carc...@atlantic.net (Steven R. Addlesee) wrote in message news:<f86d0e99.04010...@posting.google.com>...

> Does that mean Kevin will be
> Gollum? (sh-boom...tsssss)

Since Kevin and Gollum were nakey or almost nakey, it would be appropriate.


Steven R. Addlesee

iBuck

unread,
Jan 2, 2004, 3:52:58 PM1/2/04
to
>Slow to denounce or
>cast out someone who's repeatedly >troublesome because they're an
>artgod (don't wanna chuck a good source >of spooge art) or is a "good
>draw".

Funny, the rants about BOC have been going on for years. Some of the otehr
artists have had caustic tales spun about them... I don't see much sloth
there..

>Yet again, they're VERY quick to cast out someone who isn't
>one of them politically/socially/culturally.

Just what is 'one of them politically/socially/culturally' seems we have left
winger, right winders, gay, strate, bi, what have you, geeks technophobes..

hard to find someone whois still outside all that.. much less make them
move...

As for the subject, of the debate.. It's news to me that Duane's been cast out?
Dont see the speed there either... Heck there have been people like Mr.
Henderson who hve cast -themselves- out, but somehow haven't cleared the gate
yet..

? the Platypus {aka David Formosa}

unread,
Jan 2, 2004, 8:28:44 PM1/2/04
to
carc...@atlantic.net (Steven R. Addlesee) writes:

[...]

> Furdom has always had that problem for years. Slow to denounce or
> cast out someone who's repeatedly troublesome because they're an
> artgod (don't wanna chuck a good source of spooge art) or is a "good
> draw".

Um how exactly do we throw someone out?

--
Please excuse my spelling as I suffer from agraphia. See
http://dformosa.zeta.org.au/~dformosa/Spelling.html to find out more.
Free the Memes.

Don Sanders

unread,
Jan 2, 2004, 8:42:47 PM1/2/04
to
In article <m3wu89d...@dformosa.zeta.org.au>,
dfor...@zeta.org.au says...

> carc...@atlantic.net (Steven R. Addlesee) writes:
>
> [...]
>
> > Furdom has always had that problem for years. Slow to denounce or
> > cast out someone who's repeatedly troublesome because they're an
> > artgod (don't wanna chuck a good source of spooge art) or is a "good
> > draw".
>
> Um how exactly do we throw someone out?
>
Depends, one method used, or assumed used is to drag a person's name
in so much mud that their credibility is totally shot.

Would you stay somewhere where you are not welcomed?

--
Don Sanders.

Steven R. Addlesee

unread,
Jan 2, 2004, 10:02:43 PM1/2/04
to
lncra...@aol.com.star (iBuck) wrote in message news:<20040102155258...@mb-m13.aol.com>...

>
> Funny, the rants about BOC have been going on for years. Some of the otehr
> artists have had caustic tales spun about them... I don't see much sloth
> there..

Just because someone gets ragged repeatedly in a.f.f. doesn't result
in their getting run from furdom. Now when they're banned from
conventions or absolutely no one visits their table in the dealer's
room, that's when they ache, right in the wallet (part of why I left
furdom; I couldn't afford to spend hundreds o'dollars to make tens
o'dollars).

> Just what is 'one of them politically/socially/culturally' seems we have left
> winger, right winders, gay, strate, bi, what have you, geeks technophobes..

The politically/socially/culturally correct crowd is the (at the cost
of sounding like a certain radio talk-show host) is the leftist elite
that's dominated furdom.



> As for the subject, of the debate.. It's news to me that Duane's been cast out?
> Dont see the speed there either... Heck there have been people like Mr.
> Henderson who hve cast -themselves- out, but somehow haven't cleared the gate

Duane was barred from AC recently. At ConFurence XI, his table was
very much unvisited (I sat across from him in the dealer's room, so
that's not hearsay). Duane just hasn't realized he's pretty much done
in furdom. I realized it a few years ago.


Steven R. Addlesee

artist

unread,
Jan 3, 2004, 12:21:18 AM1/3/04
to
Artist, the good little Microsoft drone heard "Mike and Carole"
<Shan...@cyberback.com> say...

<snip>

The status Quo perpetuated in new technologies.
(Seriously, the human element should remain fairly consistent for the
forseable future, and that's what creates the 'flavor')


--
AIM: GCCFurryBoy
mell...@yahoo.com
http://www.practialdesigns.com/

"Neither hope nor fear" - Isabella d'Este
"For to do either is to fall to the beast" - Joseph Richmond
"The Cow Kings a Bastard! Long live the Cow King!" - Joseph Richmond

Steven R. Addlesee

unread,
Jan 3, 2004, 2:16:06 AM1/3/04
to
Don Sanders <noo...@myemail.com> wrote in message news:<MPG.1a5fe81e...@news.fur.com>...

> Depends, one method used, or assumed used is to drag a person's name
> in so much mud that their credibility is totally shot.
>
> Would you stay somewhere where you are not welcomed?

Amen. That's ONE method to unload someone. Then again there are some
"artgods" who've been slammed for years in a.f.f. and they're still
attending furrycons and being "worshipped". Some "artgods" seem to
thrive on their infamy.


Steven R. Addlesee

Akai

unread,
Jan 3, 2004, 5:52:15 AM1/3/04
to

"? the Platypus {aka David Formosa}" <dfor...@zeta.org.au> wrote in message
news:m3wu89d...@dformosa.zeta.org.au...

> carc...@atlantic.net (Steven R. Addlesee) writes:
>
> [...]
>
> > Furdom has always had that problem for years. Slow to denounce or
> > cast out someone who's repeatedly troublesome because they're an
> > artgod (don't wanna chuck a good source of spooge art) or is a "good
> > draw".
>
> Um how exactly do we throw someone out?
>

Lure 'em to a location with yummy donuts and load 'em into a trebuchet and
lauch 'em into the sea? I dunno.

--Akai


iBuck

unread,
Jan 3, 2004, 11:31:20 AM1/3/04
to
>Depends, one method used, or assumed used is to drag a person's name
>in so much mud that their credibility is totally shot.

From what I've seen, people seem to do a pretty good job of shooting their own
credibility, without any help...

>
>Would you stay somewhere where you are not welcomed?

They apparently do... perhaps it's because the number of people who are
actually hostile is pretty small, and the common intrests are overwhelming...

iBuck

unread,
Jan 3, 2004, 11:42:05 AM1/3/04