To all the furs posting on here from Google Groups

Sebastian

Oct 15, 2021, 9:34:10 AM10/15/21
Please check this newsgroup from a dedicated client, like Thunderbird
(yes, it supports more than just E-Mail), slrn, gnus or whatever you
want to use. AFAIK there are even fancy GUI style newsreaders. It seems
like those who post on here via Google Groups don't get notified at all
by Google when somebody answers their newspost... :/
(I personally use eternal-september.org as a newshost which offers a
webreader too)

tom

Oct 15, 2021, 11:03:34 AM10/15/21
in addition to that, some people (like me) filter out google groups
posts because 90% of usenet spam comes from google groups. Please use a
more reputable usenet service provider than google groups.

Dan Skunk

Oct 28, 2021, 5:27:01 AM10/28/21
Ouch. I didn't realize that was a problem. :(

Sebastian

Nov 4, 2021, 8:12:09 PM11/4/21
Am 28.10.21 um 11:26 schrieb Dan Skunk:
Yes, while there are Google apps for nearly everything they offer, no
app for Google Groups is known to me.
An app for Usenet/NNTP, that could be cool...

Dan Skunk

Nov 6, 2021, 10:18:11 AM11/6/21
Kinda looks like abandonware. Yeah, an app that connected to that would
be awesome.

Nomen Nescio

Feb 28, 2023, 3:25:03 AM2/28/23

Rimuru Tempest

Jun 19, 2023, 4:55:57 PM6/19/23

Arlo

Jun 19, 2023, 10:00:50 PM6/19/23
Can confirm Thunderbird works, I use it for all of my Usenet and RSS.
Seems to have issues pulling very old messages, though. (Or maybe it's me.)
--
Arlo "Batlam" the Bat
https://batsaregreat.neocities.org/