Notes from the Curtis Farm: Lions!

Mike & Carole Curtis

Sep 22, 2002, 4:45:47 PM9/22/02
Well, we've had everything from raccoons, to our tame possum Mickey and our
tame skunk Flower, the cowdog Brownie, wolves....and now this.

There was a local place nearby called Safari Park. It had lions and tigers
and bears and such. It went out of business. The owner moved his menagerie
to his home area, and kept them there. Last week someone came up offering
to give him a bunch of lions and tigers because he couldn't keep them.

The Safari Park guy said he had all he could afford to feed, never going out
to the enclosed truck and trailer to see how many there were.

Seems the fellow opened the door and let them loose.

Thus far in the past week four lions have been shot by local farmers. One
fellow saw one taking it easy and walked up to it, thinking it was dead when
he woke up.

No one knows HOW MANY lions AND TIGERS he let loose.

They were set free about four miles north of here in Quitman, where our
doctor is.

Their range is about 30 or so miles.

There's lots of cattle farms around, so they are no doubt eating well, at
least until winter.

We're keeping a close watch when we go outside now. We're surrounded by
cattle.

Not a normal thing for Arkansas.

Mike

J.P. Morgan

Sep 22, 2002, 10:45:29 PM9/22/02
Do they have any idea what dingaling let them all loose? Or are they
still looking for him?

William Earl Haskell

Sep 23, 2002, 12:01:43 AM9/23/02
"J.P. Morgan" wrote:

> Do they have any idea what dingaling let them all loose? Or are they
> still looking for him?

A PETA mole, no doubt.

Rann Aridorn

Sep 23, 2002, 2:19:00 AM9/23/02
William Earl Haskell <for...@hal-pc.org> was so distracted by the Puma

Hey! You're abusing moles by that comment! PETA's gonna get ya!

--
-Rann Aridorn

========

You WILL worship the cuteness!
http://www.hamtaro.com
Little hamsters, big adventures.
Hamtaro... anime hamsters, providing some giggles, some smiles, and a
good deal of aural prozac with their theme music.
Hamtaro: The cure for flamewars.
Put this in your hampsterdance and click it!

Aetobatus

Sep 23, 2002, 2:08:19 PM9/23/02
to shan...@cyberback.com

David Formosa (aka ? the Platypus)

Sep 23, 2002, 5:04:37 PM9/23/02
On Mon, 23 Sep 2002 18:08:19 +0000 (UTC), Aetobatus
<aeto-...@spamtrap.chameleon.net> wrote:

[...]

> I'd probably give the international mammal sign for
> "let's play" (standing on hind legs, arms raised) and hope they get
> the message.

Is that universal? I mean I know that the Dog (does it work for
wolves and foxes) "Lets play" sign is "Bow (Drop frount to the ground,
lift rear) and wag tail".

Which sort of gives me this scean idea for a scean.

Both dog morphs entered the ring. There was a shocked hush from the
audience, neather of them had taken the Bow. This wasn't another
training match, this wasn't a freandly spar between frendly rivals,
everyone knew that this was serious.

Sensei-Alpha rose "I will have no part in this follishness" and
turning his back left the Dojo pausing only to breafly urinate on the
door post.

They took there stances

"You will leave this ring with your tail between your legs."

"I will never submit to you."

http://dformosa.zeta.org.au/~dformosa/Spelling.html to find out more.
Free the Memes.

Dale Farmer

Sep 24, 2002, 10:05:19 AM9/24/02

"J.P. Morgan" wrote:

Three choices: 1) Local teenagers making trouble. This is something I
think would be unlikely in farm country. But if he is close enough to a
town then more possible.
or.
A) PETA or one of the similar brain dead so-called animal rights
groups. Only PETA is stupid enough to go and 'liberate' rats from a
lab doing work with the bubonic plague, so I can easily believe they
sent one of their more expendable operatives to do this guy.
or.
B) Some sort of dispute with the other locals. Folks who want to
drive the guy off his land, or want him to get rid of all the animals for
whatever reason. This happened to a big cat sanctuary in NJ a couple
years ago. Person or persons unknown went and opened both gates
into the big cat enclosures and let them out to terrorize the area. The
legal costs were so high that the person running the place was closing
it down.

--Dale