HA HA ON YOU FURRIES.....

Michael Hirtes

Aug 4, 2002, 7:30:15 PM8/4/02
Your worst nightmare has come true! The one man that you prayed would
NEVER discover furry fandom, has!

"Tiger Man" has appeared at Critter Con Diego. Harelip, goofy whiskers
and all!

Now his infamy is duct-taped to furry fandom's for all eternity!

BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

Ben Raccoon

Aug 4, 2002, 9:06:14 PM8/4/02
Michael Hirtes wrote:
> Your worst nightmare has come true! The one man that you prayed would
> NEVER discover furry fandom, has!

Funny, I recall the only person who hoped he wouldn't discover furry was
yourself.

I met Cat at the Critter Con, and he was quite friendly and sociable.
Once one got around the body mods, he's a fairly normal computer geek.
It seemed to me, at least, that he was made fairly welcome there.

--
-- Ben Raccoon
http://www.furnation.com/ben_raccoon

Rann Aridorn

Aug 4, 2002, 9:33:33 PM8/4/02
Ben Raccoon <ben_racco...@hotmail.com> was so distracted by the Puma
Twins doing a poledance that they wrote:

> I met Cat at the Critter Con, and he was quite friendly and sociable.
> Once one got around the body mods, he's a fairly normal computer geek.
> It seemed to me, at least, that he was made fairly welcome there.

Body mods? o.o I haven't heard of this person, what's all this?

--
-Rann Aridorn

"Now, Diggers, let's... not lose our temper... violence is NOT the answer!"
"You're right, Gothwrain. It's not the answer. Violence is a question...
the -answer- is YES!"
-Gold Digger #4

Michael Hirtes

Aug 4, 2002, 9:35:31 PM8/4/02
In article <3D4DCF86...@hotmail.com>,
Ben Raccoon <ben_racco...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Michael Hirtes wrote:
> > Your worst nightmare has come true! The one man that you prayed would
> > NEVER discover furry fandom, has!
>
> Funny, I recall the only person who hoped he wouldn't discover furry was
> yourself.
>
> I met Cat at the Critter Con, and he was quite friendly and sociable.

Despite the fact that he has an appearance that frightens small
children, I guess.

> Once one got around the body mods, he's a fairly normal computer geek.
> It seemed to me, at least, that he was made fairly welcome there.

Just remember that when the media REALLY start coming out of the
woodwork. Now they can chumpify both him AND furry fandom in one article.

Gabriel Gentile

Aug 4, 2002, 9:54:04 PM8/4/02
in article 3D4DCF86...@hotmail.com, Ben Raccoon at
ben_racco...@hotmail.com wrote on 8/4/02 7:06 PM:

> Michael Hirtes wrote:
>> Your worst nightmare has come true! The one man that you prayed would
>> NEVER discover furry fandom, has!
>
> Funny, I recall the only person who hoped he wouldn't discover furry was
> yourself.

Actually, I fess up, it was ME, after seeing the "Ripley's" coverage of the
guy.

*sigh* I guess it WAS a bit much to hope for. Oh well, Hell knows I've got
more important things to worry about.

Still, one can't help but wonder how Mikeykins got wind of this information.

Gabriel Gentile

Aug 4, 2002, 10:13:39 PM8/4/02

> Body mods? o.o I haven't heard of this person, what's all this?

This "person's" name is Dennis Abner, or "Stalking Cat". He is a bizarre
individual who, through use of intense and as of yet experimental bodily
modifications, is attempting to transform himself into a tiger. Last I
checked, his modifications include;

Having whiskers grafted to his cheeks

Plastic surgery performed on his nose and upper lip

Dental work on his teeth to make them appear more fang-like

Cat-like contact lenses permanently attached to his eyeballs

Ears modified into points

"Claws" grafted to his fingertips

And tattoos covering his entire body in a tiger-like pattern.

.
.
.

Wait a sec.... "Dennis" Abner?

Say, does anyone else find it kind of odd that as soon as one "Dennis" stops
being such a problem, another "Dennis" comes by to take his place?

Coincidence?

Michael Hirtes

Aug 4, 2002, 10:26:29 PM8/4/02
In article <B9734540.19031%spook...@earthlink.net>,
Gabriel Gentile <spook...@earthlink.net> wrote:

"Sauron's Eye of Seeing"? LOL!

Michael Hirtes

Aug 4, 2002, 10:30:58 PM8/4/02
In article <B97349D7.19033%spook...@earthlink.net>,
Gabriel Gentile <spook...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> > Body mods? o.o I haven't heard of this person, what's all this?
>
> This "person's" name is Dennis Abner, or "Stalking Cat". He is a bizarre
> individual who, through use of intense and as of yet experimental bodily
> modifications, is attempting to transform himself into a tiger. Last I
> checked, his modifications include;
>
> Having whiskers grafted to his cheeks
>
> Plastic surgery performed on his nose and upper lip
>
> Dental work on his teeth to make them appear more fang-like
>
> Cat-like contact lenses permanently attached to his eyeballs
>
> Ears modified into points
>
> "Claws" grafted to his fingertips

Brain replaced with an old box of baking soda.

> And tattoos covering his entire body in a tiger-like pattern.

Exept for the arms, which have scales tattooed on them instead of
stripes (thus screwing up the whole tigger transmog thingie). Maybe he's
more interested in becoming a griffin instead?

> .
> .
> .
>
> Wait a sec.... "Dennis" Abner?
>
> Say, does anyone else find it kind of odd that as soon as one "Dennis" stops
> being such a problem, another "Dennis" comes by to take his place?

New Dennis. New menace. <g>

Michael Hirtes

Aug 4, 2002, 11:50:22 PM8/4/02
In article <2eZNPaYJDDfB7o...@4ax.com>,
Tim Gadd <nota...@addy.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 04 Aug 2002 23:30:15 GMT, Michael Hirtes
> <mhi...@kill.all.spammers.net> wrote:
>
> >Your worst nightmare has come true! The one man that you prayed would
> >NEVER discover furry fandom, has!
> >
> >"Tiger Man" has appeared at Critter Con Diego. Harelip, goofy whiskers
> >and all!
> >
> >Now his infamy is duct-taped to furry fandom's for all eternity!
>

> Never heard of him.

Enjoy your blissful ignorance of him while you still can, for you soon
shall miss it dearly.

MWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!

Ben Raccoon

Aug 4, 2002, 11:51:13 PM8/4/02
Gabriel Gentile wrote:
> Having whiskers grafted to his cheeks

Sort of. More like getting multiple piercings in his upper lip and
threading plastic wire-like things through 'em.

> Cat-like contact lenses permanently attached to his eyeballs

I doubt they're permanent, contacts tend to ruin one's vision if left in
too long.

> "Claws" grafted to his fingertips

Also known as growing his fingernails really long.

> And tattoos covering his entire body in a tiger-like pattern.

Sorta. His arms have a predominantly dragon-scale pattern.

Ben Raccoon

Aug 4, 2002, 11:52:30 PM8/4/02
Rann Aridorn wrote:
> Ben Raccoon <ben_racco...@hotmail.com> was so distracted by the Puma
> Twins doing a poledance that they wrote:
>

>>I met Cat at the Critter Con, and he was quite friendly and sociable.
>>Once one got around the body mods, he's a fairly normal computer geek.
>>It seemed to me, at least, that he was made fairly welcome there.
>

> Body mods? o.o I haven't heard of this person, what's all this?

http://www.stalkingcat.com/

Michael Campbell

Aug 4, 2002, 11:58:06 PM8/4/02
Ben Raccoon <ben_racco...@hotmail.com> wrote in news:3D4DCF86.5080502
@hotmail.com:

> I met Cat at the Critter Con, and he was quite friendly and sociable.
> Once one got around the body mods, he's a fairly normal computer geek.
> It seemed to me, at least, that he was made fairly welcome there.

I'd never do that sort of thing to myself, but I can appreciate the courage
that sort of thing takes: It's the sort of thing that one can't just
undo...

--
Michael E Campbell (mecamp...@YouknowtheDrillTDS.net )
"I commit no crime other than honesty, and in this world that's crime

sla...@telusplanet.net

Aug 5, 2002, 12:35:13 AM8/5/02
On Sun, 04 Aug 2002 23:30:15 GMT, Michael Hirtes
<mhi...@kill.all.spammers.net> wrote:

Ya know, I'm curious. I don't understand why, even though you're a
recovered furry and all, that you seem to revel in any and all
misfortune that may come the fandom's way, especially since you were
such an active member for so long. Is it some sort of penance?

For someone who for years published furry fanzines, It's hard to
believe that you have no care in the world about <any> part of the
fandom. Hell, I'm willing to bet that you still enjoy anthro art just
as much as when you were still publishing. (Your'e probably gonna
blast me for saying that, but oh well...)

Just Curious...
Slade

Michael Hirtes

Aug 5, 2002, 3:59:52 AM8/5/02
In article <Xns9260E99E86A9Cm...@66.80.12.166>,
Michael Campbell <mecamp...@youknowthedrilltds.net> wrote:

> Ben Raccoon <ben_racco...@hotmail.com> wrote in news:3D4DCF86.5080502
> @hotmail.com:
>
> > I met Cat at the Critter Con, and he was quite friendly and sociable.
> > Once one got around the body mods, he's a fairly normal computer geek.
> > It seemed to me, at least, that he was made fairly welcome there.
>
> I'd never do that sort of thing to myself, but I can appreciate the courage
> that sort of thing takes: It's the sort of thing that one can't just
> undo...

As Yoda might put it, "Courage it not is. Stupidity, it must be."

"Cat", what a Darwin-magnet.

slu...@earthlink.net

Aug 5, 2002, 4:42:02 AM8/5/02

Michael Hirtes wrote:

It could be worse. That guy who thinks he's a pixie could have
been there as well.

This guy, if you've been hiding under a rock:
http://www.pixyland.org/peterpan/

Eisy

Aug 5, 2002, 5:03:31 AM8/5/02
With A hey and a Ho and a hey Nonny No, on Sun, 04 Aug 2002 23:30:15
GMT, In the Lands of Morris dancing (alt.fan.furry ) after Banging two
bits of wood together and wiping their nose on a hankie, Michael
Hirtes <mhi...@kill.all.spammers.net> wrote:

Would Oliver Cromwell approved?

Well, if he were Irish and a catholic, Oliver Cromwell would have
probably ethnically cleansed him or massacred him at Drogheda.
But otherwise he wouldn't probably have minded, since he was very
tolerant.
And he was just the best person ever(TM)
So I think in retrospect if this great luminary go human history would
have had no problem with it, neither should you.

---
Voices are calling from somewhere below
Melting on the eastern shore
Rain is falling down on me,
Been waiting for eternity...
I'll be there!

R. Clemson

Aug 5, 2002, 5:22:33 AM8/5/02
In article <3D4E3A5A...@earthlink.net>, <slu...@earthlink.net>
wrote:

> It could be worse. That guy who thinks he's a pixie could have
> been there as well.
>
> This guy, if you've been hiding under a rock:
> http://www.pixyland.org/peterpan/

The Peter Pan guy seems fairly normal when you compare him to most
Furries. At least he's got a girlfriend and doesn't waste his time
trolling on newsgroup.

Michael Hirtes

Aug 5, 2002, 5:38:22 AM8/5/02
In article <3d4e3f5c...@news.critter.net>,
dramn...@yahoo.co.uk (Eisy) wrote:

> With A hey and a Ho and a hey Nonny No, on Sun, 04 Aug 2002 23:30:15
> GMT, In the Lands of Morris dancing (alt.fan.furry ) after Banging two
> bits of wood together and wiping their nose on a hankie, Michael
> Hirtes <mhi...@kill.all.spammers.net> wrote:
>
> >Your worst nightmare has come true! The one man that you prayed would
> >NEVER discover furry fandom, has!
> >
> >"Tiger Man" has appeared at Critter Con Diego. Harelip, goofy whiskers
> >and all!
> >
> >Now his infamy is duct-taped to furry fandom's for all eternity!
> >
> >BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!
>
> Would Oliver Cromwell approved?

Alister Crowley would certainly give it his thumbs up. :)

> Well, if he were Irish and a catholic, Oliver Cromwell would have
> probably ethnically cleansed him or massacred him at Drogheda.
> But otherwise he wouldn't probably have minded, since he was very
> tolerant.
> And he was just the best person ever(TM)
> So I think in retrospect if this great luminary go human history would
> have had no problem with it, neither should you.

Actually, I have no problem with it at all. In fact, I RELISH it.

It means that furry fandom is one step closer to Hell with a FREAK like
that running around in it. TV shows will use IT as furrydom's poster
child. This will only bring about more of the negative publicity that
furrydom so very much dreads.

Parents across the land will hope that THEIR children don't grow up to
skritch and yiff.

Now, if only there was a way to get NAMBLA in on the act..........

Eisy

Aug 5, 2002, 6:09:38 AM8/5/02
With A hey and a Ho and a hey Nonny No, on Mon, 05 Aug 2002 09:38:22

GMT, In the Lands of Morris dancing (alt.fan.furry ) after Banging two
bits of wood together and wiping their nose on a hankie, Michael
Hirtes <mhi...@kill.all.spammers.net> wrote:

>Alister Crowley would certainly give it his thumbs up. :)

Matthew Hopkins would have sorted Alister Crowley out good.
The Witch finder general would have hung 'im high.

>Actually, I have no problem with it at all. In fact, I RELISH it.
>
>It means that furry fandom is one step closer to Hell with a FREAK like
>that running around in it. TV shows will use IT as furrydom's poster
>child. This will only bring about more of the negative publicity that
>furrydom so very much dreads.
>
>Parents across the land will hope that THEIR children don't grow up to
>skritch and yiff.

Oh that's O.K then.
As long as Materiel reality continues along the same path as it
currently does everything should be all right.
Although I fear your vision may not coincide with the nascent materiel
reality of the situation.

---
Voices are calling from somewhere below
Melting on the eastern shore
Rain is falling down on me,
Been waiting for eternity...
I'll be there!

Freedom for us all!

Sven Tegethoff

Aug 5, 2002, 7:09:43 AM8/5/02
Gabriel Gentile <spook...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>> Body mods? o.o I haven't heard of this person, what's all this?
>
> This "person's" name is Dennis Abner, or "Stalking Cat". He is a bizarre
> individual who, through use of intense and as of yet experimental bodily
> modifications, is attempting to transform himself into a tiger.

The problem is: He's not exactly a good looking guy, and his body
modifications didn't make him look BETTER.

If the mods made him a beautiful, sleek feline ... people would LOVE it.
But instead, he looks more like an escapee from the Island of Dr. Moreau,
which is pretty freaky.

Another failed attempt to cure inferiority complex by bodily modifications,
analogous to breast implants or other stuff, which leave their owners
delighted for 6 months, and even more depressed afterwards when they discover,
that their body might be different, but the world is still the same.

yours,

Cheetah

Gabriel Gentile

Aug 5, 2002, 10:10:24 AM8/5/02

> I'd never do that sort of thing to myself, but I can appreciate the courage
> that sort of thing takes

Yep... "Courage"... THAT'S the word... Mmm-hm...

(Captain, sensors are detecting critical levels of sarcasm in the vicinity!)

Kyle L. Webb

Aug 5, 2002, 11:32:52 AM8/5/02

Old news. It took you this long to hear he was going to be there?
Sauron's Eye of Seeing must have a time lag.

BTW. I know someone who made several thousand (yes, thousand) dollars
developing and making some costuming items for Stalking Cat. (And no,
they weren't anything naughty. Very advanced? Yes.)
You know what warms my heart? Not a penny of it went to you! *thpppppt*
:)

Kyle L. Webb
Hartree Fox on yiffnet
(I'd help make a Michael Hirtes cotume, but I don't think it'd sell...
And anyone who would do Michael Hirtes body mod is REALLY weird.)

Dr. Cat

Aug 5, 2002, 1:12:04 PM8/5/02
Gabriel Gentile <spook...@earthlink.net> wrote:
: in article 3D4DCF86...@hotmail.com, Ben Raccoon at

: ben_racco...@hotmail.com wrote on 8/4/02 7:06 PM:
:> Funny, I recall the only person who hoped he wouldn't discover furry was
:> yourself.

: Actually, I fess up, it was ME, after seeing the "Ripley's" coverage of the
: guy.

: *sigh* I guess it WAS a bit much to hope for. Oh well, Hell knows I've got
: more important things to worry about.

Wow, sensible perspective. This is why this man didn't fit into the Burned
Fur movement - too much common sense, probably too much of "Got A Life" to
*really* obsess over petty fandom problems to the utmost degree.

Too bad Hirtes DOESN'T got more important things to worry about.

*-------------------------------------------**-----------------------------*
Dr. Cat / Dragon's Eye Productions || Free alpha test:
*-------------------------------------------** http://www.furcadia.com
Furcadia - a graphic mud for PCs! || Let your imagination soar!
*-------------------------------------------**-----------------------------*

(Disclaimer: Too bad mainly for Hirtes though, as the rest of us can ignore
him if we choose, whereas he's stuck with himself.)

(Disclaimer disclaimer: Actually some furry fans are too thin-skinned to be
able to ignore Hirtes or anyone else that insults them. I pity them too.)

Dr. Cat

Aug 5, 2002, 1:14:47 PM8/5/02
Michael Hirtes <mhi...@kill.all.spammers.net> wrote:
: Just remember that when the media REALLY start coming out of the
: woodwork. Now they can chumpify both him AND furry fandom in one article.

Unlike before, when they, um... Could do that, and in fact have done so.

...ok, so no real change there. Thanks for the update. :X)

*-------------------------------------------**-----------------------------*
Dr. Cat / Dragon's Eye Productions || Free alpha test:
*-------------------------------------------** http://www.furcadia.com
Furcadia - a graphic mud for PCs! || Let your imagination soar!
*-------------------------------------------**-----------------------------*

(Disclaimer: Minutes of fame used up so far... Dennis Abner: 14.37.
Michael Hirtes: .0001. Hang in there baby!)

Blackberry

Aug 5, 2002, 12:52:46 PM8/5/02

Um, okay. You do know that this "news" was broken long ago, right?

--
"Blackberry is better looking and easier to use." -- Google

Blackberry

Aug 5, 2002, 12:54:50 PM8/5/02
On Mon, 05 Aug 2002 01:35:31 GMT, Michael wrote:

>In article <3D4DCF86...@hotmail.com>,
> Ben Raccoon <ben_racco...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Michael Hirtes wrote:
>> > Your worst nightmare has come true! The one man that you prayed would
>> > NEVER discover furry fandom, has!
>>
>> Funny, I recall the only person who hoped he wouldn't discover furry was
>> yourself.
>>
>> I met Cat at the Critter Con, and he was quite friendly and sociable.
>
>Despite the fact that he has an appearance that frightens small
>children, I guess.

Now you're against ugly people too?

Otter

Aug 5, 2002, 1:17:51 PM8/5/02

Oh Mike! Please pull your pants up and stop bending over. You're
scaring the children... O_O

(Disclaimer...The above was just general silliness due to too little
sleep.) :p

-- Otter

Michael Hirtes

Aug 5, 2002, 1:32:57 PM8/5/02
In article <3d4e...@giga.realtime.net>,
"Dr. Cat" <c...@sullivan.realtime.net> wrote:

> Gabriel Gentile <spook...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> : in article 3D4DCF86...@hotmail.com, Ben Raccoon at
> : ben_racco...@hotmail.com wrote on 8/4/02 7:06 PM:
> :> Funny, I recall the only person who hoped he wouldn't discover furry was
> :> yourself.
>
> : Actually, I fess up, it was ME, after seeing the "Ripley's" coverage of the
> : guy.
>
> : *sigh* I guess it WAS a bit much to hope for. Oh well, Hell knows I've got
> : more important things to worry about.
>
> Wow, sensible perspective. This is why this man didn't fit into the Burned
> Fur movement - too much common sense, probably too much of "Got A Life" to
> *really* obsess over petty fandom problems to the utmost degree.
>
> Too bad Hirtes DOESN'T got more important things to worry about.

Still using Burned Furs as the proverbial Boogeymen, I see. Better hurry
up and fondle each other quick. Gotta make sure no one's turned into a
Burned Fur since the last fondlefest.

Michael Hirtes

Aug 5, 2002, 1:35:44 PM8/5/02
In article <3D4E9AA4...@n.o.s.p.a.m.uiuc.edu>,

"Kyle L. Webb" <kyle...@n.o.s.p.a.m.uiuc.edu> wrote:

> Michael Hirtes wrote:
> >
> > Your worst nightmare has come true! The one man that you prayed would
> > NEVER discover furry fandom, has!
> >
> > "Tiger Man" has appeared at Critter Con Diego. Harelip, goofy whiskers
> > and all!
> >
> > Now his infamy is duct-taped to furry fandom's for all eternity!
> >
> > BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!
>
> Old news. It took you this long to hear he was going to be there?
> Sauron's Eye of Seeing must have a time lag.
>
> BTW. I know someone who made several thousand (yes, thousand) dollars
> developing and making some costuming items for Stalking Cat. (And no,
> they weren't anything naughty. Very advanced? Yes.)
> You know what warms my heart? Not a penny of it went to you! *thpppppt*
> :)

Yeah, lots of people are sending money to other people that I'm not
getting. Big whoop.

Still doesn't distract from the fact that you guys have embraced a
freakjob, so let's hear no excuses come from your cookie-encrusted
mouths the next time a Vanity Fair or Loaded comes along to do their
article on furry fandom.

Michael Hirtes

Aug 5, 2002, 1:37:20 PM8/5/02
In article <aimak...@drn.newsguy.com>,
Blackberry <le...@NOanthrobunnySPAM.com> wrote:

Ugly people who _deliberately_ make themselves butt-ugly? Yeah, I guess
I am.

Thanks to Cat Freak, Michael Jackson is now the SECOND most
self-mutilated and disturbing weirdo on the planet.

Blackberry

Aug 5, 2002, 1:42:05 PM8/5/02
On Mon, 05 Aug 2002 17:32:57 GMT, Michael wrote:

>Still using Burned Furs as the proverbial Boogeymen, I see. [...]

Kind of like you using Mark Merlino as the proverbial Bogeyman?

AJL

Aug 5, 2002, 3:02:28 PM8/5/02
Michael Hirtes wrote:
> "Tiger Man" has appeared at Critter Con Diego. Harelip, goofy whiskers
> and all!

And you know what Michael? He had a good time like everyone else who
attended, so Pbtpbtpbtpbt!

Thank you everybody for helping make this year's CritterConDiego another
successful furry event. We had not one but TWO video programs going on
at once (DVD's on the big screen up front, Videotapes on the little
monitor in the back), 16 of the 21 tables sold, about 165 people
attended (lower than last year's count, but a good turnout nonetheless),
Dealers were all reporting decent sales, and our stealth con-suite up in
the guest room kept everyone fed without breaking the hotel's rules
about having outside food in the function space.

The last-minute impromptu auction helped generate enough donations to
the kitty to bring the budget back in line... This mini-con only cost
$300 or so instead of the budgeted $400 expense, despite lower
attendance than last year.

(I blame myself for the lower attendance... I got swamped at work this
past week and couldn't get over to Comic-Con each day to advertise it.
Oh well... next year I think I'll setup a fan table at ComicCon.)

Thankx again for everyone who attended and helped make it a fun coupla
evenings!

Darrel L. Exline
Director, The ConFurence Group
dire...@confurence.net

Dwight J. Dutton

Aug 5, 2002, 3:18:50 PM8/5/02
Certainly was for us. We did very well, and my only complaint is that I
didn't KNOW there was a con suite! And I was there both nights!

Attendnce didn't appear to be down from last year, but I do not know
figures, that was just an observation.

Apparently next year comicon is on the same weekend as Anthrocon, which will
probably hurt both events.

AJL

Aug 5, 2002, 3:42:02 PM8/5/02
"Dwight J. Dutton" wrote:

> Certainly was for us. We did very well, and my only complaint is that I
> didn't KNOW there was a con suite! And I was there both nights!

I'm glad to hear you did well... I'm sorry you didn't get word about
the food upstairs.

The Hotel was being very militant about allowing outside food into the
room. Last year, I simply told dealers who brought food for others to
keep it behind their tables. This year, the hotel wrote it specifically
in the contract that I was not allowed to have *any* food in the
function space.

...so I got a hotel room upstairs and had the pizzas delivered there.
When Stego showed up with his usual 40 hamburgers, we had him take them
up there, too... good timing, because that was just in time to replenish
the 30 burgers I had someone bring a half hour earlier.

We had a crock pot heating up Ravioli, the room's coffee-maker was used
to heat water for the cup-o-noodles, and we had various munchies and
snacks out on both nights. I wish I had remembered to pick up hot
dogs... I have a "Hot Diggity Dogger" hot-dog toaster. It cooks two hot
dogs and toasts two buns at the same time, and pops them up like a
toaster when they are done.

Thanks a bunch to HunterKitty for manning the con-suite. The reward for
him and his helpers was a place to crash for both nights.

> Attendnce didn't appear to be down from last year, but I do not know
> figures, that was just an observation.

I'm glad it felt that way, but the numbers were definitely down. The
bigger room and U-shaped layout made for better traffic flow than last
year's "island" layout, and the fund-raising auction I had at the end of
Saturday night helped to make up for budgetary problems (I could have
been in the black with just another 30 people).

> Apparently next year comicon is on the same weekend as Anthrocon, which will
> probably hurt both events.

I'm definitely going to be looking at other space for next year, and if
I get a Fan Table I will be able to advertise it much better.

With Comic-Con and AnthroCon currently scheduled on the same weekend,
Kage definitely needs to look at modifying his dates for next year...
Comic-Con is a much more important draw for several key dealers and
attendees, and moving AC little as 2-weeks in one direction or the other
will allow those people to attend both instead of having to choose one
over the other.

Don Sanders

Aug 6, 2002, 4:12:49 AM8/6/02
In article <aimak...@drn.newsguy.com>, le...@NOanthrobunnySPAM.com
says...
Michael is an equal opportunity hater
--
Don Sanders.

Michael Hirtes

Aug 5, 2002, 4:31:20 PM8/5/02
In article <MPG.17b94f10a...@news.critter.net>,
Don Sanders <dsan...@future.removespam.dreamscape.com> wrote:

Um, if you cannot see what's wrong with the picture when a
self-mutilated freak walks into the room, then you need help.

Michael Hirtes

Aug 5, 2002, 4:31:57 PM8/5/02
In article <aimdd...@drn.newsguy.com>,
Blackberry <le...@NOanthrobunnySPAM.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 05 Aug 2002 17:32:57 GMT, Michael wrote:
> >
> >Still using Burned Furs as the proverbial Boogeymen, I see. [...]
>
> Kind of like you using Mark Merlino as the proverbial Bogeyman?

No. Merlino is the BUGGERman, not Boogeyman.

Don Sanders

Aug 6, 2002, 4:51:42 AM8/6/02
In article <mhirtes-A5C8FB...@news.central.cox.net>,
mhi...@kill.all.spammers.net says...
About the same amount of help needed for letting such a sight bother you.
And I think it was mentioned a long time ago, if you don't like it here,
Pure-silvania is that way, don't let the door hit ya on the way out.
--
Don Sanders.

Who sorta learned his lesson about growing a thick skin, too bad others
don't follow it.

Blackberry

Aug 5, 2002, 4:51:59 PM8/5/02

It was pretty easy to tell that you couldn't refute that. You really seem to be
slipping. I remember in the old days when you'd go on for days, ripping someone
a few new ones.

Dr. Cat

Aug 5, 2002, 5:21:34 PM8/5/02
sla...@telusplanet.net wrote:
: Ya know, I'm curious. I don't understand why, even though you're a
: recovered furry and all, that you seem to revel in any and all
: misfortune that may come the fandom's way, especially since you were
: such an active member for so long. Is it some sort of penance?

: For someone who for years published furry fanzines, It's hard to
: believe that you have no care in the world about <any> part of the
: fandom. Hell, I'm willing to bet that you still enjoy anthro art just
: as much as when you were still publishing. (Your'e probably gonna
: blast me for saying that, but oh well...)

I have a theory. (Which he will of course deny, as he would deny all
theories, true or false - unless someone made up a theory based on
the assumption that he's totally awesome and we all suck. :XD)

He used to have fun participating in this furry hobby thing, and he is
now totally unable to enjoy it. Buuuut... Not only is he very upset
that his fun came to an end, but he also sees a bunch of the old time
artists and publishers and such CONTINUING to enjoy the fandom, at the
same time he's unable to do so! So he's insanely jealous of them, for
having what he used to have (fun in the fandom) and wishes he could have
just kept having, but cannot. Mix equal parts anger that they "should
have the same problem with it that he does but they don't" and envy that
"they're having more fun than me and it's not fair", and stir in three
parts of "didn't get a new hobby that he's anywhere near as into", plus
probably having way more free time than most people, and probably spending
most of it at home letting his bitterness stew and bubble over till it
overflows the pot...

Yeah, I think he's jealous of the people who're having way more fun than
him. And *especially* those that publish comics or zines that are way
more popular than his ever got to be (i.e., almost all of them) because
he has THAT to be jealous of too on top of everything else! Notice how
some of his worst venom is reserved for those who sell a buncha comics or
art prints or stuff? He not only wanted to have fun in the fandom, he
wanted to be POPULAR. Even know he wants lots of people to pay attention
to him - which of course every troll wants, and of course every troll denies
it.

But he hasn't found any other hobby that he can enjoy enough to fill the void
that his past enjoyment of furry fandom left behind when it stopped being fun
for him. So his only new hobby now is "bitching at us and listening to people
reply, preferably in an upset manner".

*-------------------------------------------**-----------------------------*
Dr. Cat / Dragon's Eye Productions || Free alpha test:
*-------------------------------------------** http://www.furcadia.com
Furcadia - a graphic mud for PCs! || Let your imagination soar!
*-------------------------------------------**-----------------------------*

(Disclaimer: Hey, it's not much of a hobby, but it just narrowly edges out
"building a scale replica of the eiffel tower out of your own toenail
clippings". Not by much, but it did come out a little ahead.)

slickpuppy

Aug 6, 2002, 5:39:10 PM8/6/02
Heya! Don Sanders <dsan...@future.removespam.dreamscape.com> wrote:
> Michael is an equal opportunity hater

Let's get Mikey! He won't eat it, he hates everything!
--
Kevin J. Mulder
slick...@xecu.net

Fender

Aug 5, 2002, 5:43:46 PM8/5/02
"And a double dumb-ass on you!"

hee hee

--Fender

slickpuppy

Aug 6, 2002, 5:52:48 PM8/6/02
Heya! Michael Hirtes <mhi...@kill.all.spammers.net> wrote:

> No. Merlino is the BUGGERman, not Boogeyman.

ZING! Ooooh, slashed by Mr Mike's rapier wit! Can we ever recover?! :>

Just a little reminder on my position, gang: Our friend Mr. Hirtes has
stopped being an annoyance to me, and instead become a fine source of cheap
yocks. We shouldn't be angry, we shouldn't be feeding his ego. And I'm sorry
to say that despite Fal's kind efforts, we probably shouldn't try helping
him either. Nope, we should all be laughing our fuzzy asses off at the
antics of the poor, goofy little dweeb, as indeed I do! We should be
*enjoying* ourselves at his expense! Trust me, that's the only way to really
get rid of him in the long run. Let's laugh the bastard off! But not too
quickly, mind you... :>

Hear that, Mikey? I got nothing personal agin' you, it's just that you keep
handing me all this great material! : 9 Later!

Michael Hirtes

Aug 5, 2002, 6:07:15 PM8/5/02
In article <3d4e...@giga.realtime.net>,
"Dr. Cat" <c...@sullivan.realtime.net> wrote:

> sla...@telusplanet.net wrote:
> : Ya know, I'm curious. I don't understand why, even though you're a
> : recovered furry and all, that you seem to revel in any and all
> : misfortune that may come the fandom's way, especially since you were
> : such an active member for so long. Is it some sort of penance?
>
> : For someone who for years published furry fanzines, It's hard to
> : believe that you have no care in the world about <any> part of the
> : fandom. Hell, I'm willing to bet that you still enjoy anthro art just
> : as much as when you were still publishing. (Your'e probably gonna
> : blast me for saying that, but oh well...)
>
> I have a theory. (Which he will of course deny, as he would deny all
> theories, true or false - unless someone made up a theory based on
> the assumption that he's totally awesome and we all suck. :XD)

Well, maybe it's because you do. :)

> He used to have fun participating in this furry hobby thing, and he is
> now totally unable to enjoy it. Buuuut... Not only is he very upset
> that his fun came to an end, but he also sees a bunch of the old time
> artists and publishers and such CONTINUING to enjoy the fandom,

Unlike Dan Flahive, Reed Waller, and etc. But, i guess they were all
weaklings, weren't they?

> at the
> same time he's unable to do so! So he's insanely jealous of them, for
> having what he used to have (fun in the fandom) and wishes he could have
> just kept having, but cannot.

Actually, in reteospect, I NEVER had fun in "the fandom". I just
eventually got sick of trying and give up on you.

> Mix equal parts anger that they "should
> have the same problem with it that he does but they don't" and envy that
> "they're having more fun than me and it's not fair", and stir in three
> parts of "didn't get a new hobby that he's anywhere near as into", plus
> probably having way more free time than most people, and probably spending
> most of it at home letting his bitterness stew and bubble over till it
> overflows the pot...
>
> Yeah, I think he's jealous of the people who're having way more fun than
> him. And *especially* those that publish comics or zines that are way
> more popular than his ever got to be (i.e., almost all of them) because
> he has THAT to be jealous of too on top of everything else! Notice how
> some of his worst venom is reserved for those who sell a buncha comics or
> art prints or stuff?

The big fish in the small pond. LOL!

Waitasec. You're Dr. Cat. I forgot that your opinion sucks (ever notice
it's usually DC and "Dingleberry" that flame me the most? Hmmmmmmmm).

Michael Hirtes

Aug 5, 2002, 6:09:17 PM8/5/02
In article <CsC39.57$s55....@news.abs.net>,
"slickpuppy" <slick...@xecu.net> wrote:

> Heya! Michael Hirtes <mhi...@kill.all.spammers.net> wrote:
>
> > No. Merlino is the BUGGERman, not Boogeyman.
>
> ZING! Ooooh, slashed by Mr Mike's rapier wit! Can we ever recover?! :>
>
> Just a little reminder on my position, gang: Our friend Mr. Hirtes has
> stopped being an annoyance to me, and instead become a fine source of cheap
> yocks.

Well, laff it up while you can. As each media report comes out about
furry "fandom", the more I win.

> We shouldn't be angry, we shouldn't be feeding his ego. And I'm sorry
> to say that despite Fal's kind efforts, we probably shouldn't try helping
> him either.

Furries? Kind? LOL!

Michael Hirtes

Aug 5, 2002, 6:11:27 PM8/5/02
In article <MPG.17b958247...@news.critter.net>,
Don Sanders <The Colonel's disowned, but just as bizzarre offspring>
wrote:

> About the same amount of help needed for letting such a sight bother you.
> And I think it was mentioned a long time ago, if you don't like it here,
> Pure-silvania is that way, don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

As long as it's far, far away from Yiffcago.....

Gabriel Gentile

Aug 5, 2002, 6:14:06 PM8/5/02

> Still doesn't distract from the fact that you guys have embraced a
> freakjob, so let's hear no excuses come from your cookie-encrusted
> mouths the next time a Vanity Fair or Loaded comes along to do their
> article on furry fandom.

You're sure it's cookies, Mike?

Ben Raccoon

Aug 5, 2002, 8:18:03 PM8/5/02
AJL wrote in news:3D4ECBC4...@ajlvideo.com:

> Michael Hirtes wrote:
>> "Tiger Man" has appeared at Critter Con Diego. Harelip, goofy whiskers
>> and all!
>
> And you know what Michael? He had a good time like everyone else who
> attended, so Pbtpbtpbtpbt!

You tell 'im! ;)

> (I blame myself for the lower attendance... I got swamped at work this
> past week and couldn't get over to Comic-Con each day to advertise it.
> Oh well... next year I think I'll setup a fan table at ComicCon.)

I think it's more along the lines that the construction in the hotel made
it difficult for some people to find the registration and the room. I heard
a couple people didn't make it because they couldn't ~find~ it. Not to
mention, I think it seemed bigger this year because most of the people were
actually inside the room instead of overflowing to the pool area.

On another note, kudos on the great room party. Much, much nicer that last
year, and worth the eight bucks. :)

--
-- Ben Raccoon
http://www.furnation.com/ben_raccoon

Ostrich

Aug 5, 2002, 8:25:48 PM8/5/02
Michael Hirtes <mhi...@kill.all.spammers.net> wrote in message

> Now [Tiger Guy's] infamy is duct-taped to furry fandom's for all eternity!

Wait a minute... You just NOW found out about this guy? You didn't even
/watch/ that BBC show, did you? I'm so disappointed...

-Ostrich! <")

http://www.cambridgephotos.com/misc2/

Rann Aridorn

Aug 5, 2002, 8:31:08 PM8/5/02
"Ostrich" <x...@xxx.com> was so distracted by the Puma Twins doing a
poledance that they wrote:

>> Now [Tiger Guy's] infamy is duct-taped to furry fandom's for all
>> eternity!
>
> Wait a minute... You just NOW found out about this guy? You didn't
> even /watch/ that BBC show, did you? I'm so disappointed...

I guess the quality of trolls is degrading, he's not even obsessing
properly anymore. How sad.

--
-Rann Aridorn

"Now, Diggers, let's... not lose our temper... violence is NOT the
answer!"
"You're right, Gothwrain. It's not the answer. Violence is a question...
the -answer- is YES!"
-Gold Digger #4

slickpuppy

Aug 6, 2002, 8:12:33 PM8/6/02