Hey FurryDork

95 views
Skip to first unread message

Jim Groat

unread,
Apr 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/7/99
to
Furrydood<furr...@webtv.net> kevteched:

:I heard you burned or mutilated a Pikachu at Confurence. Is this your
:way of saying " I'm a wortless furry artist who's going nowhere and is
:unappreciated so I'll mutilate this toy in protest" Golly there Jim, I
:guess because someone else came up with something that's the most
:popular cartoon in the world and you have nothing to do with
:it.....Well...you sure are a hell of an artist to pretend you're so
:above a little plastic pikachu. Say....didn't you do the same thing last
:year to BARNEY? I guess next year you'll be burnng Jar Jar Blinks
:action figures.


Oh golly gee whillikers whine whine whine...I'm so sorry you are so
fucking upset over me bashing what obviously is your love toy.

I could care less what or how popular the character is, its over rated and
tiring. You get your rocks off on the Yellow Nightmare, then fine...be
it...I personally could care less about it.

It could have easily have been a Chuckie Doll from Rug Rats and I still
would have whapped it with the spiked bat (Thanks Bryce!!) besides what
concern is it of yours what the hell I do with a stupid toy? I'll have you
note that several people handed me several plushes for me to shoot, stab
or torch at this con (Those McDonalds furby's...great .22 targets ! ) And
I intend to do so at a later date this year. Have you a vested interest in
Pikachu? I saw NOBODY come forward to protest...only cheers as Phil
Morrissey nailed the little yellow bastard to 3rd base. And the mob
chanted for more. hell...if there was room outside I'm sure a game of
Pokeball would have erupted then and there. (Sayyyy....plans for that at
Duckon!!!)

Yeah...I love to bash Barney and the overly commercialized. It stops being
novel and cute when its shoved in your face 24 and 7. You gonna piss and
moan because a few friends and myself openly shot and destroyed Telly
Tubbies? Gonna file a regestered complaint to the company that I destroyed
their product in a public area? Gonna notify the police that I openly used
aggression against a plush toy? Shit...better get the UN to call in an
airstrike on me then.

If somebody gives me a plush pikachu to destroy or mutilate in whatever
manner then shut the hell up. I could care less if it is the most popular
character in the world. To me, its just another target.

Funny how you seem to think that using a plush as a baseball is evil, that
a 'name' is doing it. What if it was a nobody artist? Gonna bitch openly
on this group about it? What if it was Terrie Smith or Mary Hansen Roberts
doing the swinging? Gonna call them a worthless artist too? I bet not.

And BTW...I'm NOT a Furry artist...I call myself a cartoonist.

Jim "Batter up!" Groat

____________________________________________________________________________
Beware of naked bus drivers.

http:www.graphxpress.com/main

Remove the nospamplease before replying.

Farlo

unread,
Apr 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/7/99
to
"Jim Groat" wrote:

> I saw NOBODY come forward to protest...

You were carrying a spiked stick! =D
Of COURSE nobody came forward ... Geeesh!
LOL.

"It hurt my widdle feelings ... *sniff* ..."

Actually, I bought a Pikachu right afterwards.
The guy asked me, "You're not going to hurt it, are you?".
He was selling really neat swords, too, but my funds are limited.

Pika! Pika! =)

> Shit...better get the UN to call in an
> airstrike on me then.

Careful, Clinton's sense of priorities isn't very good.
You might find guys in suits trailing you everywhere ...

>To me, its just another target.

Fie! Fie on you, meanie! =;)

Farlo
Urban Fey Dragon
http://www.dejanews.com/~furculture

Tim Gadd

unread,
Apr 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/7/99
to
elka...@mailbag.nospamplease.com (Jim Groat) wrote:

>It could have easily have been a Chuckie Doll from Rug Rats and I still
>would have whapped it with the spiked bat (Thanks Bryce!!) besides what
>concern is it of yours what the hell I do with a stupid toy?

Yeah, I mean it's not as you were doing something really fucked-up and
socially unacceptable like taking it to bed, or walking around in the
lobby cuddling it - you were just mutilating it.

>I'll have you
>note that several people handed me several plushes for me to shoot, stab
>or torch at this con (Those McDonalds furby's...great .22 targets ! ) And
>I intend to do so at a later date this year.

It's a foregone conclusion that anything I say on this subject is
going to be jeered out of court, so I won't keep you long. Your
account upsets me. I know you won't give a fuck, and that when I
mention my animistic beliefs,or mention there are people in the fandom
who have strong emotional feelings for plush, I'm only going to be
reminded which one of us is the regular guy, and which one is the
loony. All the same, I just finished telling people how I spent more
money on you at AAC than on anyone else. I wish I hadn't.


--
Tim Gadd
Hobart, Tasmania

Lupercal .com
@wolf-web

Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/1161/

'Some people never go crazy.
What truly horrible lives they must live."

Charles Bukowski

Brian O'connell

unread,
Apr 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/7/99
to
BTW folks, for more fun and mindless mayhem (plus a little of the ol'
ultraviolence)
http://www.stickdeath.com/frameset.htm
http://newgrounds.com/ (Kill everything commercial/cute!;))
And for something sorta-anthro: http://www.spacemoose.com/


Jim Groat <elka...@mailbag.nospamplease.com> wrote in message
news:elkabong-070...@msn-3-1.binc.net...


> Furrydood<furr...@webtv.net> kevteched:
>
> :I heard you burned or mutilated a Pikachu at Confurence. Is this your
> :way of saying " I'm a wortless furry artist who's going nowhere and is
> :unappreciated so I'll mutilate this toy in protest" Golly there Jim, I
> :guess because someone else came up with something that's the most
> :popular cartoon in the world and you have nothing to do with
> :it.....Well...you sure are a hell of an artist to pretend you're so
> :above a little plastic pikachu. Say....didn't you do the same thing last
> :year to BARNEY? I guess next year you'll be burnng Jar Jar Blinks
> :action figures.
>
>
> Oh golly gee whillikers whine whine whine...I'm so sorry you are so
> fucking upset over me bashing what obviously is your love toy.
>
> I could care less what or how popular the character is, its over rated and
> tiring. You get your rocks off on the Yellow Nightmare, then fine...be
> it...I personally could care less about it.
>

> It could have easily have been a Chuckie Doll from Rug Rats and I still
> would have whapped it with the spiked bat (Thanks Bryce!!) besides what

> concern is it of yours what the hell I do with a stupid toy? I'll have you


> note that several people handed me several plushes for me to shoot, stab
> or torch at this con (Those McDonalds furby's...great .22 targets ! ) And

> I intend to do so at a later date this year. Have you a vested interest in
> Pikachu? I saw NOBODY come forward to protest...only cheers as Phil
> Morrissey nailed the little yellow bastard to 3rd base. And the mob
> chanted for more. hell...if there was room outside I'm sure a game of
> Pokeball would have erupted then and there. (Sayyyy....plans for that at
> Duckon!!!)
>
> Yeah...I love to bash Barney and the overly commercialized. It stops being
> novel and cute when its shoved in your face 24 and 7. You gonna piss and
> moan because a few friends and myself openly shot and destroyed Telly
> Tubbies? Gonna file a regestered complaint to the company that I destroyed
> their product in a public area? Gonna notify the police that I openly used

> aggression against a plush toy? Shit...better get the UN to call in an
> airstrike on me then.
>

C. James Winston

unread,
Apr 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/7/99
to
If it was mary hansen-Roberts it would probably be a Guillitine instead.

http://www.huzzah.com/
http://order.kagi.com/?scx


tamar_...@my-dejanews.com

unread,
Apr 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/8/99
to
In article <elkabong-070...@msn-3-1.binc.net>,

Ah, the mighty Jim hast spoken. Looking forward to seein' ya a Duckon. That
game of Pokeball sounds fun. I got dibs on third base.


Ebony Leopard

-----------== Posted via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==----------
http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages