Re: Why Vote Against Republicans? Because Fuck Them

1 view

ah

Jun 30, 2008, 4:43:47 PM6/30/08

"WillPaulR" <WillPa...@NoJunkMailEverAgain.net> wrote in message
news:uM-dnVdqjZIcqfTV...@comcast.com...

http://rudepundit.blogspot.com on 11/02/2006 but it's as good today
(06/30/08) as ever.
Why Vote Against Republicans? Because Fuck Them:
<snip>
When you walk into the voting booth on Tuesday, no matter where, with that
rage burning in you, stab that motherfuckin' punch card, beat the shit out
of that Diebold touch screen, and yell, "Fuck them" as you vote them into
oblivion.
And if on Wednesday morning it turns out they've dicked us over one more
time by hacking the vote, by screwing with the polls, then maybe we've
reached a point in this America where it's time to fight or flee.
// posted by Rude One @ 10:17 AM| DiggIt!| Del.icio.us|

and now a response from today's (06/30/08) newspaper:
OrlandoSentinel.com
What you think
What has changed?
June 30, 2008

The nation voted for change in November 2006 and the Democrats took control
of Congress. What has changed?

The Orlando Sentinel stated it best on June 27 on page C1. Gas in 2007 was
$2.98 per gallon. It is now $4.07. The Democrats took control of Congress,
and Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid stated their new energy bill would reduce
gas prices immediately. Crude-oil prices averaged $60.73 per barrel in
December 2006. Now, the price has hit a record $142 per barrel.

The unemployment rate was 4.5 percent in December 2006. It is now over 5.5
percent.

The Consumer Price Index for all food increased 4.8 percent from January
2007 to February 2008.

American households have seen $2.5 trillion in equity investment value
evaporate between January 2007 and May 2008.

Since January 2007, median home prices were down 22.6 percent for detached
homes and 20.6 percent for condos. Americans have seen their home equity
drop by $1.4 trillion dollars since January 2007.

In January 2007, the Consumer Confidence Index was at 95.3 points. The index
now stands at 64.5.

America voted for change in November of 2006, and we got it with the
Democrat Congress. Congress, not the president, initiates all spending and
tax legislation.

Can the nation survive more Democrat change in November 2008?

"Change" may be the only thing you have left in your pockets.

WillPaulR

Jun 30, 2008, 5:17:39 PM6/30/08
But it only takes a tiny minority standing in the way as the GOP has done to
keep from passing meaningful change. They still are considered
obstructionist, still bending over for Bush. The house needs to up it's
numbers in order get anything done. In other words, we need a veto proof
house. The GOP had the numbers for 6 years and all they did was rubber stamp
everything Bush put in there face.

"ah" <ahatnsdapdotcom> wrote in message

swiggy

Jun 30, 2008, 5:38:28 PM6/30/08
It just goes to show that while figures don't lie, liars can figure.

I don't have the actual stats on gas prices, but two things I know from experience is that gas prices have  gone up drastically since 2001. Every year the oil industry raised it's rates with a new excuse: Hurricane Catrina, 9-11, oh, and get this, they had several processing facilities burn down in one year... they went to THAT well two or three times in the last 8 years.

Unemployement? Check this out...In January 2001, when Bush took office, with a GOP congress, unemployment was 4.2%, already up .3% from the previous month and administration. By the end of his first term, unemployment was exactly the same as it was at the end of Clinton's first term: 5.4% The differences: when Clinton took office in '93, unemployment was at 7.3% with the rate steadily dropping throughout both terms. In fact, with a GOP Congress, the unemployment rate dropped to 3.9% his final full month.

Since the begining of the Bush administration, WITH a GOP congress throughout most of it, the Unemployment rate consistantly has gone UP. Remember his first term ended with it as 5.4%. During the first term with the GOP congress, unemployment went to a high of 6.3%. the last time it was anywhere near that high was eight years earlier.

So the GOP congress set up the oil industry for the high gas prices we are now experiencing as well as the high unemployment that they constantly worked towards.

SWIGGY

"ah" <ahatnsdapdotcom> wrote in message news:Fc6dnR9bE5YU2PTV...@usa2net.net...

> "WillPaulR" <
WillPa...@NoJunkMailEverAgain.net> wrote in message

http://rudepundit.blogspot.com on 11/02/2006 but it's as good today

Ed

Jun 30, 2008, 9:28:24 PM6/30/08
Actually Bush rubber stamped everything the republican congress sent to him
as it all originates in the house. Bush never once even threatened a veto
until the Democrats took control. They went on the biggest spending spree
in the history of the US and Bush never challenged any of it. Now the
National debt is over 4 times bigger then it was when he took office.

"WillPaulR" <WillPa...@NoJunkMailEverAgain.net> wrote in message

WillPaulR

Jul 1, 2008, 12:11:55 AM7/1/08
Exactly my point. Bush and the GOP acted like kids with a brand new credit
card. Now we are paying for it. So like I said "Fuck Them".

"Ed" <jet...@hotmail.com> wrote in message