Who's That.....?

The old geezer

Mar 14, 2021, 9:02:00 AM3/14/21
While waiting in line the other day at the Dome Arena to get my "Mark Of The Beast" I decided, being the friendly guy I am, to make some small talk with an old grey haired hippie type with a ZZ Top type beard. I said that I hadn't been to this particular facility since I saw Frank Zappa in 1975/76. He replied "Who's That?" End of conversation.

Snork

Mar 20, 2021, 11:49:38 PM3/20/21
On Sunday, March 14, 2021 at 6:02:00 AM UTC-7, The old geezer wrote:
> While waiting in line the other day at the Dome Arena to get my "Mark Of The Beast" I decided, being the friendly guy I am, to make some small talk with an old grey haired hippie type with a ZZ Top type beard. I said that I hadn't been to this particular facility since I saw Frank Zappa in 1975/76. He replied "Who's That?" End of conversation.

There's nothing left to sit on anymore!

Martin Gregorie

Mar 21, 2021, 9:37:29 AM3/21/21
Which dome is this? In this neck of the woods, 'The Dome' refers to a
giant circular fabric tent-thing, built in central London during 1999 for
the Millennium bash, so obviously Frank wuz never there. It was used for
a number of shows and concerts, though.

Last use I know of was when it was adapted for use as one of the COVID
Nightingale emergency hospitals. That was never used and I've heard that
it was ripped out again barely 6 months later. So, if The Dome is still
empty, I know a bunch of guys who'd love to get in do their thing in all
that huge uncluttered cubic before its normal occupants resume their
normal activities in there.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org

Bice

Mar 23, 2021, 8:26:45 AM3/23/21
I started watching the show "Community" on Hulu recently. It
originally aired from 2009-2015. I was surprised to hear someone
name-check Zappa in the second season.

When Jeff is told that "Alan narced on you", he sarcastically replies
"But he's way too primo for that, Frank Zappa".

Referenced here:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Recap/CommunityS2E02AccountingForLawyers

-- Bob

The old geezer

Apr 11, 2021, 8:36:34 AM4/11/21
On Tuesday, March 23, 2021 at 8:26:45 AM UTC-4, Bice wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Mar 2021 06:01:59 -0700 (PDT), The old geezer
> <JY...@aol.com> wrote:
>
> >While waiting in line the other day at the Dome Arena to get my "Mark Of The
> >Beast" I decided, being the friendly guy I am, to make some small talk with
> >an old grey haired hippie type with a ZZ Top type beard. I said that I
> >hadn't been to this particular facility since I saw Frank Zappa in 1975/76.
> > He replied "Who's That?" End of conversation.

The Dome Arena is in Henrietta, NY about 10 minutes south of the decaying metropolis of Rochester.
It was built in the late 60's/early 70's.
About 5.000 people can be crammed into it for a concert,

The Old Geezer