Pic of '88 band

Billy The Mountain

Feb 10, 2002, 7:17:07 PM2/10/02
Im looking for a good non-live (i.e - a group shot) pic of Franks '88 band
(im sure you know the one)

Joachim Ott

Feb 11, 2002, 3:50:49 PM2/11/02
"Billy The Mountain" <moun...@chasebrown.com> wrote in message news:<a47joi$n2o$1...@perki.connect.com.au>...

> Im looking for a good non-live (i.e - a group shot) pic of Franks '88 band
> (im sure you know the one)

http://www.han.de/~ott/tour-88-large.jpg (about 40 kB)

Nate C.

Feb 14, 2002, 3:10:12 PM2/14/02
Can anybody identify them (from l to r)?

"Joachim Ott" <o...@ardala.han.de> wrote in message

Ron Spiegelhalter

Feb 14, 2002, 3:40:51 PM2/14/02
"Nate C." <conn...@tc.umn.edu> top quoted the following...

> > > Im looking for a good non-live (i.e - a group shot) pic of Franks '88
> > > band (im sure you know the one)
> >
> > http://www.han.de/~ott/tour-88-large.jpg (about 40 kB)
>
> Can anybody identify them (from l to r)?

If I'm not mistaken...

Ed Mann
Chad Wackerman
Kurt McGettrick (in back)
Robert Martin
Bruce Fowler
Some guy, I have no idea
Scott Thunes (in rear)
Albert Wing
Paul Karman
Mike Keneally
Ike Willis

I never noticed this before, but Walt Fowler does not appear to be in this
picture. I wonder why?

ron (also not in picture)

Stu Mark

Feb 14, 2002, 3:51:39 PM2/14/02
Nate C. at conn...@tc.umn.edu wrote on 2/14/02 12:10 PM:

> Can anybody identify them (from l to r)?

> http://www.han.de/~ott/tour-88-large.jpg

My SWAG is (right to left, as I'm swimming upstream):

Ike, Mike, Paul, Albert, Scott, Frank, Walt, Bobby, Kurt, Chad, Ed.

Stu
(who saw Bruce in Short Cuts last night)

NP: Third Uncle by Brian Eno

Stu Mark

Feb 14, 2002, 3:53:47 PM2/14/02
Ron Spiegelhalter at r...@mktrading.orgASM wrote on 2/14/02 12:40 PM:

> I never noticed this before, but Walt Fowler does not appear to be in this
> picture. I wonder why?

Isn't that Walt? Bruce is fuzzier and less kempt.

Stu
(who is thinking about lunch)

NP: Up In Smoke by Cheech Marin and Tommy Chong

Denis Griffin

Feb 14, 2002, 8:17:28 PM2/14/02
Bruce and Walt are on the picture. Look just above Frank's right
shoulder.

Ed Chad Kurt Bobby Walt Bruce FZ Scott Albert Paul Mike Ike

Denis Griffin

Feb 14, 2002, 8:27:00 PM2/14/02

BTW FZ has a coat hanger on his head.

Craig

Feb 14, 2002, 9:28:17 PM2/14/02
"Ron Spiegelhalter" <r...@mktrading.orgASM> wrote in message news:<nhVa8.13304$nh3.1...@typhoon.ne.ipsvc.net>...

> > "Joachim Ott" <o...@ardala.han.de> wrote...
> > > "Billy The Mountain" <moun...@chasebrown.com> wrote...
> "Nate C." <conn...@tc.umn.edu> top quoted the following...

> > > http://www.han.de/~ott/tour-88-large.jpg (about 40 kB)
> >
> > Can anybody identify them (from l to r)?
>
> If I'm not mistaken...

> Scott Thunes (in rear)

Certain people could have a field day playing off of this. Not me
though. Scott is the coolest member of the whole band imho!

Craig

Stu Mark

Feb 14, 2002, 10:02:39 PM2/14/02
Denis Griffin at dgri...@videotron.ca wrote on 2/14/02 5:17 PM:

> Bruce and Walt are on the picture. Look just above Frank's right
> shoulder.

Is Bobby looking at Bruce? So are those the rim of his glasses that I see?

Stu
(who hopes you are all having a pleasant evening)

NP: Evening Star by Robert Fripp and Brian Eno

Denis Griffin

Feb 14, 2002, 10:14:30 PM2/14/02
Stu Mark wrote:

> Denis Griffin at dgri...@videotron.ca wrote on 2/14/02 5:17 PM:
>
> > Bruce and Walt are on the picture. Look just above Frank's right
> > shoulder.
>
> Is Bobby looking at Bruce? So are those the rim of his glasses that I see?

Yes

Ron Spiegelhalter

Feb 15, 2002, 2:05:02 AM2/15/02
"Denis Griffin" <dgri...@videotron.ca> wrote...

> > > Can anybody identify them (from l to r)?
> >
> > If I'm not mistaken...
> >
> > Ed Mann
> > Chad Wackerman
> > Kurt McGettrick (in back)
> > Robert Martin
> > Bruce Fowler
> > Some guy, I have no idea
> > Scott Thunes (in rear)
> > Albert Wing
> > Paul Karman
> > Mike Keneally
> > Ike Willis
> >
> > I never noticed this before, but Walt Fowler does not appear to be in
this
> > picture. I wonder why?
> >
> Bruce and Walt are on the picture. Look just above Frank's right
> shoulder.

Oh yeah, there is a small portion of what appears to be a human almost
directly behind FZ. I would never have seen that unless someone pointed it
out, which they did!

> Ed Chad Kurt Bobby Walt Bruce FZ Scott Albert Paul Mike Ike

Yes, I'm pretty sure that's correct (I was mistaken). That's definitely
Walt who's visible and Bruce who's behind FZ. The beard is the giveaway
(see pp. 10-11 of the '88 tour book). At least we can assume that's Bruce
back there - it really could be anyone (he's completely obscured in the
alternate band photo on p. 18). Anyway, I stand corrected.

ron

Denis Griffin

Feb 15, 2002, 6:51:11 AM2/15/02

But he's back on p. 20.

Ron Spiegelhalter

Feb 15, 2002, 10:28:52 AM2/15/02

Oh yeah! Somehow I missed that one. You can even see enough of him to be
reasonably sure it's him.

ron