A documentary by Miss Mock

1 view

jonevan

Dec 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/6/99
What's the deal? I found this tiny piece somehow, but then I couldn't
find anything else. It's over two years old and I never heard about it
before.

http://www.onwis.com/letsgo/movies/notes/0704movieno.stm

If the link doesn't work, it's from LET'S GO ONLINE/MILWAUKEE JOURNAL
SENTINEL
Here's what it says:

Zappa story being told on film
From the Journal Sentinel
July 4, 1997
The life of musician Frank Zappa will be the subject of a
feature-length documentary by Academy Award-winning documentarians
Freida Lee Mock and Terry Sanders.
"Zappa: The Man and His Music" will begin shooting in early 1998 with
the full cooperation of the Zappa family. The film will chronicle the
life of the eclectic composer through interviews, rare archival footage
and unreleased recordings.
Sanders and Mock got a 1995 Academy Award for "Maya Lin: A Strong Clear
Vision," a film on the artist who designed the Vietnam Veterans
Memorial in Washington. They also received a 1996 Oscar nomination for
their short documentary "Never Give Up: The 20th Century Odyssey of
Herbert Zipper."

Bill

Dec 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/6/99

Furbelly

Dec 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/6/99

Candy Zappa is working on a book and screenplay about early family life.

D.

Rolf Maurer

Dec 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/8/99
On Mon, 06 Dec 1999 12:34:16 -0800, jonevan
<jonevan...@hotmail.com.invalid> wrote:

>What's the deal? I found this tiny piece somehow, but then I couldn't
>find anything else. It's over two years old and I never heard about it
>before.
>

>http://www.onwis.com/letsgo/movies/notes/0704movieno.stm
>
>If the link doesn't work, it's from LET'S GO ONLINE/MILWAUKEE JOURNAL
>SENTINEL
>Here's what it says:
>
>Zappa story being told on film
>From the Journal Sentinel
>July 4, 1997
>The life of musician Frank Zappa will be the subject of a
>feature-length documentary by Academy Award-winning documentarians
>Freida Lee Mock and Terry Sanders.
>"Zappa: The Man and His Music" will begin shooting in early 1998 with
>the full cooperation of the Zappa family.

There's your explanation.

Rolf

Hoodoo

Dec 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/8/99
On Mon, 06 Dec 1999 12:34:16 -0800, jonevan
<jonevan...@hotmail.com.invalid> wrote:

>What's the deal? I found this tiny piece somehow, but then I couldn't
>find anything else. It's over two years old and I never heard about it
>before.

I found that online about a year ago and reported it here. Various
other people have since brought it to this group's attention.

All I can say is WTF is the flick?

--
Remove obvious pest deterrent in
email address for personal replies.

Bill

Dec 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/8/99
Rolf Maurer wrote:

> On Mon, 06 Dec 1999 12:34:16 -0800, jonevan
> <jonevan...@hotmail.com.invalid> wrote:
>
> >What's the deal? I found this tiny piece somehow, but then I couldn't
> >find anything else. It's over two years old and I never heard about it
> >before.
> >

> >http://www.onwis.com/letsgo/movies/notes/0704movieno.stm
> >
> >If the link doesn't work, it's from LET'S GO ONLINE/MILWAUKEE JOURNAL
> >SENTINEL
> >Here's what it says:
> >
> >Zappa story being told on film
> >From the Journal Sentinel
> >July 4, 1997
> >The life of musician Frank Zappa will be the subject of a
> >feature-length documentary by Academy Award-winning documentarians
> >Freida Lee Mock and Terry Sanders.
> >"Zappa: The Man and His Music" will begin shooting in early 1998 with
> >the full cooperation of the Zappa family.
>
> There's your explanation.
>
> Rolf

http://www.rossanthony.com/interviews/returnint.shtml

Sanders and Mock were still working on another project
until earlier this year. They are still; working on the
Zappa project.

Chris Maxfield

Dec 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/8/99
In article <384E4E6A...@patriot.net>, Bill
<billf_sp...@patriot.net> writes:

> >"Zappa: The Man and His Music" will begin shooting in early 1998 with
>> >the full cooperation of the Zappa family.
>>
>> There's your explanation.
>>
>> Rolf
>

>http://www.rossanthony.com/interviews/returnint.shtml
>
>Sanders and Mock were still working on another project
>until earlier this year. They are still; working on the
>Zappa project.

It can take between 2 to 5 years (or more) to assemble a documentary,
especially one about someone as active and as obsessively recorded (visually
and otherwise) as Frank Zappa. Think of the work just digging through the
Vault for film and video dating back to Frank's high school days. Think of all
the other stuff he had in there! That's not even to mention any possible
outside sources...

Zapp...@aol.com a.k.a. Chris Maxfield
"Conspiracy Theorists are saying that those people were professional saboteurs
designed to discredit the WTO protestors. I don't agree, they were probably
just assholes." Jody "The Kid" Armstrong, AFFZ 12/3/99

Rolf Maurer

Dec 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/8/99
On 08 Dec 1999 14:48:22 GMT, zapp...@aol.commonman (Chris Maxfield)
wrote:

[snip]

I actually agree with both these last posts. I just couldn't resist a
chance at a cheap (and possibly unfair) shot at ZFT, which sometimes
does give the appearance of being a private sector make-work project
for lawyers.

Rolf