Conrad & The Hurricane Strings

computeruser

Aug 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/15/99
It has long been asserted that Frank Zappa produced a single for this group.
With the help of Charles Pater (He knows my real name and so does Gula and
Neve) I have found evidence to the contrary. Although, Frank Zappa samples a
snipet of the song "Hurricane" his name does not appear as producer on the
Daytone single. See my post at alt.binaries.mp3.zappa as that is the only
Binaries Zappa group on my server.

computeruser

computeruser

Aug 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/15/99
On the Daytone records single it lists "Produced by Curry and Irvin." I
wonder if this is Lew Irwin listed on the Freak Out list? It wouldn't be the
only typo there.

computeruser

From: http://dennisroos.www.cistron.nl/

CONRAD & THE HURRICANE STRINGS (Amsterdam/California)
The Indo-Rock band THE ROCKING YINGS existed from 1960-1962 in
Amsterdam-West with the following band members:
Ed Wannee (guitar/voc.)
Ed Sigarlaki (lead gt.)
Don Sigarlaki (bass gt.)
Coen Couwenberg (rhythm gt.)
Raul de Groen (drums)
Guus Manuputi (voc.)
Don & Ed Sigarlaki + Coen Couwenberg emigrated in 1962 to Ontario,
California. In California they formed a new group CONRAD (= Coen) & THE
HURRICANE STRINGS with Pat (Patrick) Couwenberg on drums. Indo-rock goes
surf! In 1963 they cut 2 compositions of Ed Sigarlaki in Cucamonga,
California. The record + picture of the group was included in "The
Illustrated Discography of Surf Music 1961-1965" compiled by John Blair (Jon
& The Nightriders). In the mid 60s they changed their name in SOUNDS
UNLIMITED and Ed & Don Sigarlaki are still together after all those years.
Also Ed Wannee original member form The Rocking Yings is playing in the
group. In California they did shows together with Indo-Rock legends like
Franky Luiten, Lydia Tuinenburg, Robbie Boekholt, Oscar Rexhauser and Jim
Pownall. In 1995 they played together with ANDY TIELMAN.
1963 DAYTONE 6401 Hurricane / Sweet Love (US 12/63)
1964 ERA 3130 Hurricane / Sweet love (US 1/64)

Also Look hear http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~dt8i-smz/sin19.html

Charles Pater

Aug 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/17/99

>computeruser wrote in message ...
>>It has long been asserted that Frank Zappa produced a single for this
>group.
>>With the help of Charles Pater (He knows my real name and so does Gula and
>>Neve) I have found evidence to the contrary. Although, Frank Zappa samples
>>snipet of the song "Hurricane" his name does not appear as producer on the
>>Daytone single. See my post at alt.binaries.mp3.zappa as that is the only
>>Binaries Zappa group on my server.
>>
>>computeruser

Sorry, I don't know who you are or who you want to be but I do know the real
names of:
Alice Cooper
La Marr Bruister
Mark Bolan
Danny Kaye
Nico
Linke Poot
John Wyndham, etc

More info about Conrad & .... is coming up!

-cp

computeruser

Aug 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/17/99

Charles Pater wrote in message <7pb861$d6o$1...@news.concepts.nl>...

Well I sent you tapes and you sent me the Conrad & the Huricane Strings tape
and the Vpro 1970 show.

BTW, Wedding Dress song is Peggy Seger

computeruser

Aug 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/17/99
Actually, I think he may have produced it but did not get credit

or maybe he was the recording engineer.

Was it recorded at PAL studios aka Studio Z?