"Trans fuzion" and "Dance me this"

Bossk (R)

Apr 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/26/00
<suzy_cre...@my-deja.com> wrote:

> Actually, I remember calling the 9ABSURD info line a
> WHILE back, where I was informed that Trans Fuzion
> would be released that fall. Well...it was really *hinted
> at* rather than stated-that-it-would-Definitely Be
> Released Then.

A friend of mine called the PUMPKIN number last year, and they stated
definitely that TRANCE-FUSION would be released that fall. That was no hint,
they said so flat out. You know what we did? We went downtown and made
little home-made posters that said

TRANCE-FUSION
NEW ZAPPA ALBUM
FALL 1999

that we put up. We even found a big garbage container on the street, with a
big white board in it. We got out our thick black TAG PEN and wrote

TRANCE-FUSION
NEW ZAPPA ALBUM
FALL 1999

on that board, and positioned it sticking up over the garbage.
Unfortunately, the album never came out! :(

--- Bossk (R) <wik...@mbox301.swipnet.se>

"We were not a jam band."
- Ike Willis, jambands.com, March 2000

Bossk (R)

Apr 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/26/00
"the perfect stranger" wrote:

> take me home, inca roads: frank zappa plays the
> music of john denver, frank zappa & the muppets:
> a rocky mountain groundhog day, put down your
> guitar & sing (featuring vocal parts of songs with
> gutar solos removed), return of the neighbor of
> the second cousin of shut up & play yer guitar,
> and a cd entitled quadrangularis reversum frenzy
> by zappa & harry partch.

That's the most irresponsible thing I've read this week. A HUNDRED PEOPLE
WILL BELIEVE IT!!!

Jerome VALETTE

Apr 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/27/00
Hi folks,

I have read somewhere that before his death FZ was working on a set of
Synclavier pieces called "Dance me this" and a collection of guitar
solos called "Trans fuzion".

Is anybody heard about that ? Is any release dates planned ?

Thanks,

Jérôme VALETTE

suzy_cre...@my-deja.com

Apr 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/27/00
Sorry for the sorta unnecessary post (I only have old, vague info), but
I just had to voice my agreement in wanting info on these, especially
Dance Me This. Being a modern dancer/choreographer, I have been ITCHING
to get my hands on that since I first heard of it. *squealing with my
mind (at a frequency no one can hear) at the prospect*

Actually, I remember calling the 9ABSURD info line a WHILE back, where I
was informed that Trans Fuzion would be released that fall. Well...it
was really *hinted at* rather than stated-that-it-would-Definitely Be

Released Then. I assume, since I've seen nothing of it, that it hasn't
happened yet. Someone! Enlighten us! Please!

:^{-

--Suzy.

(Peccary voice) "WANDA..."

In article <3907DC57...@ecole-francaise.it>,

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Tal

Apr 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/27/00
Jerome VALETTE schreef ...

> Hi folks,
>
> I have read somewhere that before his death FZ was working on a set of
> Synclavier pieces called "Dance me this" and a collection of guitar
> solos called "Trans fuzion".

"Trans-Fusion" is a collection of solos, which
has found its way to the tape traders' circuits.

"Dance Me This" is -as far as I know- still
safely locked away in the ZFT Vaults, but a
tracklist is out there.

The latest rumour is that Ryko will release
"Trans-Fusion" this Summer, and Zappa
Records will release "Dance Me This" later
this year. Of course, it is not unlikely that
this will not happen, but that shouldn't come
as a surprise.

You'll find more info on Splat's website:
http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~splat/unreleased.html

Tal
______________________
e-mail: an...@cidanka.nl
personal website: http://www.cidanka.nl/antal/
the unofficial mk-bfd website: http://www.cidanka.nl/keneally/

Check out the RF2-Tribute to Mike Keneally at
http://home.nycap.rr.com/lerch/mkbfd/tyvmg

Geir Corneliussen

Apr 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/27/00
Jerome VALETTE wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have read somewhere that before his death FZ was working on a set of
> Synclavier pieces called "Dance me this" and a collection of guitar
> solos called "Trans fuzion".
>
> Is anybody heard about that ? Is any release dates planned ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jérôme VALETTE

They are done, and laying on Gails kitchentable. Will be out some day.
Gail has no plans that I know of. Check out Splats pages on this. Use my
linkspage below to get there.

--
Geir Corneliussen
_______________FLFFZL_____________

"If we can't be free, at least we can be cheap"
FZ

phil

Apr 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/27/00
Yup, he finished both albums, along with an album of Edgar Varese pieces
called
"The Rage & the Fury" performed by The Ensemble Modern (conducted &
arranged by FZ).
None of these albums have yet been released, "Trancefusion" has however
been bootlegged.

It's up to Gail if/when these tasty little morsels are released.
all the best
Phil

SR Lewis

Apr 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/27/00

Geir Corneliussen wrote because:Jerome VALETTE wrote:

> > Hi folks,
> > I have read somewhere that before his death FZ was working on a > > set
> of Synclavier pieces called "Dance me this" and a collection of > > guitar
> solos called "Trans fuzion".
> > Is anybody heard about that ? Is any release dates planned ?
>

> They are done, and laying on Gails kitchentable.

Covered with marmalade and spilled coffee?

> Will be out some day.
> Gail has no plans that I know of. Check out Splats pages on this. Use my
> linkspage below to get there.
>
> --
> Geir Corneliussen
> _______________FLFFZL_____________
> http://www.friendlylittlefinger.com

--
Best to all
Steve

Patrick Neve

Apr 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/27/00
On Wed, 26 Apr 2000, Bossk (R) wrote:

> <suzy_cre...@my-deja.com> wrote:
>
> > Actually, I remember calling the 9ABSURD info line a
> > WHILE back, where I was informed that Trans Fuzion
> > would be released that fall. Well...it was really *hinted
> > at* rather than stated-that-it-would-Definitely Be
> > Released Then.
>

> A friend of mine called the PUMPKIN number last year, and they stated
> definitely that TRANCE-FUSION would be released that fall. That was no hint,
> they said so flat out. You know what we did? We went downtown and made
> little home-made posters that said
>
> TRANCE-FUSION
> NEW ZAPPA ALBUM
> FALL 1999
>
> that we put up. We even found a big garbage container on the street, with a
> big white board in it. We got out our thick black TAG PEN and wrote
>
> TRANCE-FUSION
> NEW ZAPPA ALBUM
> FALL 1999
>
> on that board, and positioned it sticking up over the garbage.
> Unfortunately, the album never came out! :(

Oh man, I'm beginning to really regret my tattoo.

Splat's Zappa Page
http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~splat/zappapage.html

the perfect stranger

Apr 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/27/00
In article <8e8ugm$abj$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, suzy_cre...@my-deja.com
(suzy_cre...@my-deja.com) said all sorts of fluffy things like....

> Sorry for the sorta unnecessary post (I only have old, vague info), but
> I just had to voice my agreement in wanting info on these, especially
> Dance Me This. Being a modern dancer/choreographer, I have been ITCHING
> to get my hands on that since I first heard of it. *squealing with my
> mind (at a frequency no one can hear) at the prospect*
>
> Actually, I remember calling the 9ABSURD info line a WHILE back, where I
> was informed that Trans Fuzion would be released that fall. Well...it
> was really *hinted at* rather than stated-that-it-would-Definitely Be
> Released Then. I assume, since I've seen nothing of it, that it hasn't
> happened yet. Someone! Enlighten us! Please!

there are posthumous releases that fz completed but there sre NO release
dates for, including but not limited to trance-fusion, dance me this, the
pettit wazoo, take me home, inca roads: frank zappa plays the music of

john denver, frank zappa & the muppets: a rocky mountain groundhog day,
put down your guitar & sing (featuring vocal parts of songs with gutar
solos removed), return of the neighbor of the second cousin of shut up &
play yer guitar, and a cd entitled quadrangularis reversum frenzy by

zappa & harry partch. "i wish i had a quadrangularis reversum!
quadrangularis reversum frenzy!"

--
===== dan the kitti man === surf.to/dankitti <-- actual web url
(remove NOT from e-mail address to reply)

where would the music be without the pauses between the notes?
how could there be dancing without the pauses between the
motions? how could we breathe if we were constantly filled with air?

exhale to inhale again..

-- ana voog

Lewis Saul

Apr 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/27/00
>play yer guitar, and a cd entitled quadrangularis reversum frenzy by
>zappa & harry partch. "i wish i had a quadrangularis reversum!
>quadrangularis reversum frenzy!"

That must be from the regular Thursday night jam sessions in Hebbin'

Isn't that Jacob Druckman on electric clarinet? [I miss you JD...]

ls

Michael Gula

Apr 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/27/00
Biffy the Elephant Shrew wrote:

> Marmalade...I like marmalade...

What did the baby chicks say when they saw their mother sitting
on an orange?
--

To reply remove MORESPAM

Biffy the Elephant Shrew

Apr 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/28/00
In article <39084353...@stic.net>, SR wrote:

>> They are done, and laying on Gails kitchentable.
>
>Covered with marmalade and spilled coffee?

Marmalade...I like marmalade...

Biffy the Elephant Shrew @}-`--}----
...download some stuff at http://www.mp3.com/michaelpdawson
Me and the hedgehog, we busting the tires all day.

suzy_cre...@my-deja.com

Apr 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/28/00
In article <39090512...@erols.com>,

Michael Gula <mike...@MORESPAMerols.com> wrote:
> Biffy the Elephant Shrew wrote:
>
> > Marmalade...I like marmalade...
>
> What did the baby chicks say when they saw their mother sitting
> on an orange?

*sigh* "Hey, didja see the orange marmalade???" (the orange mama
laid...hyuk hyuk...)

--Suzy (can't believe she replied to that). ;)

"People, we is not wrapped tight!"

Jerry Hull

Apr 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/28/00
On Thu, 27 Apr 2000 23:27:15 -0400, Michael Gula
<mike...@MORESPAMerols.com> wrote:

>Biffy the Elephant Shrew wrote:
>
>> Marmalade...I like marmalade...
>
>What did the baby chicks say when they saw their mother sitting
>on an orange?

We broke my mom up with this teen joke:

Knock, knock.
Who's there?
Marmalade.
Marmalade who?
I don't know, but if parpa finds out, he's gonna kill her!

--
Jer
http://www.mp3.com/DrJerryPeriferals

David Wilcher

Apr 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/28/00

<suzy_cre...@my-deja.com> wrote in message
> In article <39090512...@erols.com>,

> Michael Gula <mike...@MORESPAMerols.com> wrote:
> > Biffy the Elephant Shrew wrote:
> >
> > > Marmalade...I like marmalade...
> >
> > What did the baby chicks say when they saw their mother sitting
> > on an orange?
>

> *sigh* "Hey, didja see the orange marmalade???" (the orange mama
> laid...hyuk hyuk...)

I *Told* you we were silly assholes! ;)

phil

Apr 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/28/00
Would that be with your psychedelic breakfast?

Jack P. Armstrong

Apr 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/29/00
>>> They are done, and laying on Gails kitchentable.
>>
>>Covered with marmalade and spilled coffee?
>
>Marmalade...I like marmalade...

Please, please, baby marmalade...
oh, damn, nevermind.
- - - - - - -
Jody B. (aka Jack P. Armstrong)
"The program for this evening is: we do a bit, and then we stop for a bit, and
then we do a bit more." - Robert Wyatt

Jack P. Armstrong

Apr 29, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/29/00
>> Marmalade...I like marmalade...
>
>What did the baby chicks say when they saw their mother sitting
>on an orange?

Look at that Baby Marmalade!

(See previous post for hideous lame-joke tie-in)

Send a cage through the post, make your name like a ghost...

Orval Gautier

Apr 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/30/00
Hmmmmmmmmm,
Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast?

Im wearing my Atom Heart Mother cow t-shirt as we speak

>>Marmalade...I like marmalade...

musicman

Apr 30, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/30/00
drip ....... drip ...... drip ....... drip ........ drip ...... (flakes)

Rolf Maurer

May 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/2/00
On Thu, 27 Apr 2000 08:27:14 -0700, Patrick Neve
<sp...@darkwing.uoregon.edu> wrote:

>> TRANCE-FUSION
>> NEW ZAPPA ALBUM
>> FALL 1999
>>
>> on that board, and positioned it sticking up over the garbage.
>> Unfortunately, the album never came out! :(
>

>Oh man, I'm beginning to really regret my tattoo.

Not to worry, Patrick, in a few years it'll be an unreadable blur
anyway.

Rolf