Kibo and Zappa

Leah Verre

Dec 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/16/97

> ant (weasels ripped my flesh)

Do you think Frank Zappa was a kibologist?

Kibologists have always understood the importance and mandatory irrelevence
of Conceptual Continuity.
If it's funny once ... it's funny ALL OVER YOUR SCREEEEN!!!!!!!!!!!

- Leah Muaaaaaah

Steve Cobham

Dec 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/16/97

On 16 Dec 1997 19:46:16 GMT, "Leah Verre"
<leahv.ba...@badaddress.humongous.com> wrote:

Wasn't (isn't?) Kibo that guy that used to appear whenever his name
figured on the net? Like a sort of Internet Kilroy? He was all over
the place, but no-one knew where he came from or who he was....

Some info would be appreciated.

Steve

Steve Cobham st...@guitars.powernet.co.uk

"When it comes to information, I believe that
more is better."-- Roger McGuinn
"Information is not knowledge."-- Frank Zappa
"Knowledge is power."-- Francis Bacon

Thomas R Scudder

Dec 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/16/97

Steve Cobham (st...@guitars.powernet.co.uk) aseioniezi:
: Wasn't (isn't?) Kibo that guy that used to appear whenever his name

: figured on the net? Like a sort of Internet Kilroy? He was all over
: the place, but no-one knew where he came from or who he was....

This is an Urban Myth. Everyone knows the InterNET is far too big for
anyone to appear all over it at once. There's SO MUCH INTERNET ITS ALL
OVER YOUR SCREEN!

: Some info would be appreciated.

Did you know that the people on Gilligan's Island were not in fact
stranded on a desert island at all, but were in fact played by ACTORS?
It's TRUE!

: "When it comes to information, I believe that

: more is better."-- Roger McGuinn
: "Information is not knowledge."-- Frank Zappa
: "Knowledge is power."-- Francis Bacon

Therefore, LEE MAJORS IS SOCRATES!

--
Tom Scudder aka tom...@umich.edu <*> http://www-personal.umich.edu/~tomscud

Eight sir, Seven sir, Six sir, Five sir / Four sir, Three sir, Two sir, one!
"Tenser" said the Tensor / "Tenser" said the Tensor /
"Five dollars" said the lady with the alligator purse
--
Tom Scudder aka tom...@umich.edu <*> http://www-personal.umich.edu/~tomscud

Eight sir, Seven sir, Six sir, Five sir / Four sir, Three sir, Two sir, one!
"Tenser" said the Tensor / "Tenser" said the Tensor /

Jason M Arvey

Dec 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/16/97

491060...@ciris.net> <wksoryq...@mjf.vip.best.com> <3491F2...@ciris.net> <wklnxpr...@mjf.vip.best.com> <3497bbc8...@news.chicago.il.ameritech.net> <wkyb1nk...@mjf.vip.best.com> <3497fa0c...@news.chicago.il.ameritech.net> <wk1

z <676s8f$gts$1...@newbabylon.rs.itd.umich.edu>

: Did you know that the people on Gilligan's Island were not in fact

: stranded on a desert island at all, but were in fact played by ACTORS?
: It's TRUE!

I've heard a lovely theory about Gilligan's Island. Now, we all
know that were it a "real" situation, the Professor would have built a
raft and gotten them all off the island. So there has to be a reason why
he doesn't do that. The reason is, they want to STAY. They're running a
drug-smuggling and production ring from this island. You've got the
Professor who does chemical production and refining, Mary Ann in charge
of the botanical end, the Howells for money laundering, the Skipper for
navigation when it's necessary to make a trip to the mainland, and Ginger
for contacts. Now, Gilligan is oblivious. When strange people show up on
the island, like natives, or movie producers, or the Harlem
Globetrotters, they're there in disguise to make a delivery or pick up a
shipment. When weird things start happening, like Gilligan's teeth start
picking up radio stations, then the Professor has slipped a new,
experimental drug into Gilligan's system to see what it does to a
person. While it is certainly not what the creators had in mind when
they devised the show, keeping this theory as a framework for watching
the show makes it much more enjoyable and considerably deeper.
--Jason Arvey

Eddie Saxe

Dec 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/16/97

In article <3496e8cc.26990709@news>,

Steve Cobham <st...@guitars.powernet.co.uk> wrote:

>Wasn't (isn't?) Kibo that guy that used to appear whenever his name
>figured on the net? Like a sort of Internet Kilroy? He was all over
>the place, but no-one knew where he came from or who he was....

I think you're confusing Kibo with Serdar Argic. Lots of people knew where
Kibo came from (RPI) and who he was (the late Adm. James Perry).

Eddie
--
Keroppi says: (Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wagh'nagl fhtagn!>--- oo
><

Riboflavin

Dec 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/16/97

Steve Cobham wrote in message <3496e8cc.26990709@news>...

>On 16 Dec 1997 19:46:16 GMT, "Leah Verre"
><leahv.ba...@badaddress.humongous.com> wrote:
>

>>> ant (weasels ripped my flesh)
>>
>>Do you think Frank Zappa was a kibologist?
>>
>>Kibologists have always understood the importance and mandatory
irrelevence
>>of Conceptual Continuity.
>>If it's funny once ... it's funny ALL OVER YOUR SCREEEEN!!!!!!!!!!!
>

>Wasn't (isn't?) Kibo that guy that used to appear whenever his name
>figured on the net?

If you don't know, I'm not going to tell you.

> Like a sort of Internet Kilroy?

Well, you don't see an alt.religion.kilroyogy, do you?

> He was all over
>the place, but no-one knew where he came from or who he was....

Everyone knew who he was; he was KIBO!
And Spot is just a dog.

>Some info would be appreciated.

Um, OK, sure:

On Febuary 23, 1974, I was born. And I wasn't wearing pants.
The charge of a proton is exactly opposite that of the electron.
Riboflavin is good for you.
There are more irrational numbers than rational numbers.
There are more irrational posters than rational posters.
Usenet is like a great big salad. But I haven't found any croutons yet.
On January 1st, 2000, I predict approximately 5000 deaths from people
getting fed up with arguments over whether the millenium starts in 2000 or
2001.

This information provided as a public service. Please send $19.95 plus
slipping and handbagging for a complete transcript in Mandarin Chinese.
Allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery, and 4 hours at 350 degrees for baking.
--
Kevin Allegood ri...@mindspring.com
"My insanity is only measured based on the size of my

Nick S Bensema

Dec 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/16/97

In article <676te8$bqn$1...@netnews.upenn.edu>,

Jason M Arvey <jar...@mail2.sas.upenn.edu> wrote:

>: Did you know that the people on Gilligan's Island were not in fact
>: stranded on a desert island at all, but were in fact played by ACTORS?
>: It's TRUE!
>
> I've heard a lovely theory about Gilligan's Island. Now, we all
>know that were it a "real" situation, the Professor would have built a
>raft and gotten them all off the island. So there has to be a reason why
>he doesn't do that. The reason is, they want to STAY.

No, HE wants to stay. He was performing a psychological experiment on the
other castaways.

And had it really been happening, the Professor and Skipper would have
names.

--
Nick Bensema <ni...@primenet.com> 98-KUPD Red Card #710563 UIN: 2135445
~~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Prepare ship for ludicruos speed!

http://www.climatefacts.org/ - Everyone but the bad boys have to behave.

Chris

Dec 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/16/97

"Riboflavin" <ri...@mindspring.com> writes:

>Usenet is like a great big salad. But I haven't found any croutons yet.

Yeah, after you eat it you're still hungry.

>On January 1st, 2000, I predict approximately 5000 deaths from people
>getting fed up with arguments over whether the millenium starts in 2000 or
>2001.

Well then I guess it's safe to start the voting now....
I say the year 2000 is part of the 2000s just like 1990 was part
of the 1990s. Seems so simple when you think about it.

-Chris (Them's fightin' werds)

Teg Pipes

Dec 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/16/97

ki...@world.std.com (James "Kibo" Parry) writes:

> Knight Rider 1
>
> Knight Rider With All-New
> Super Pursuit Options For '86 1
>
> Knight Rider 2000: The Movie 2
>
> Knight Rider 2010: The Movie 3
>
> Team Knight Rider 2.5

No, Michael, you may not listen to _The Bee Gees_.

No, Michael, we are not there yet.

I'm sorry Michael, you'll just have to hold it.

Michael, shift up.

Michael, leave me in 'park'.

Michael, my door is open.

Very funny, Michael. Remember, I can eject you and pick any bozo off of
the street to take your place.

Michael, take your finger out of the cigarette lighter.

-Teg

Jason M Arvey

Dec 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/17/97

Nick S Bensema (ni...@primenet.com) wrote:

: And had it really been happening, the Professor and Skipper would have
: names.

They do have names. I've heard them mentioned at some point.
Alas, I don't remember what they are. I've also heard Gilligan's full
name, but it, too, has drifted from my memory.
--Jason Arvey

: --

Dean Lenort

Dec 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/17/97

http://www.kibology.com/

>"Knowledge is power."-- Francis Bacon

Mmmmmmm... Bacon.
--
Dean Lenort dean....@worldnet.att.net
European: 'American culture is all crap'

Thomas R Scudder

Dec 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/17/97

Chris (CWI...@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU) aseioniezi:
: "Riboflavin" <ri...@mindspring.com> writes:
: >On January 1st, 2000, I predict approximately 5000 deaths from people

: >getting fed up with arguments over whether the millenium starts in 2000 or
: >2001.
: Well then I guess it's safe to start the voting now....
: I say the year 2000 is part of the 2000s just like 1990 was part
: of the 1990s. Seems so simple when you think about it.

As the duly appointed representative of the 1860s, I hereby declare that
we, the eighteen-fixtief, do hereby annex the year MM to our Noble Decade.

Biffyshrew

Dec 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/17/97

Jason M Arvey wrote:

>Nick S Bensema (ni...@primenet.com) wrote:
>
>: And had it really been happening, the Professor and Skipper would have
>: names.
>
> They do have names. I've heard them mentioned at some point.
>Alas, I don't remember what they are. I've also heard Gilligan's full
>name, but it, too, has drifted from my memory.

Gilligan's first name was Willie, and I think the Skipper's name was
Jonas Quimby. I just recently read the Professor's name somewhere,
but I can't remember it. Mrs. Howell did not have a first name (unless
it was "Lovey").

Your pal,
Biffy the Elephant Shrew @}-`--}----
Visit me at http://members.aol.com/biffyshrew/biffy.html
Hope I buy before I get sold.

Tofer Chagnon

Dec 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/17/97

Ant of Truism <fo...@null.net> wrote:

> >> On January 1st, 2000, I predict approximately 5000 deaths from
> >> people getting fed up with arguments over whether the millenium
> >> starts in 2000 or 2001.
>

> Chris> Well then I guess it's safe to start the voting now.... I say
> Chris> the year 2000 is part of the 2000s just like 1990 was part of
> Chris> the 1990s. Seems so simple when you think about it.
>
>If it is so simple, how come Stephen Jay Gould wrote a long book about
>it in which he concluded "I don't know."?
>
>AFAIK, the right thing to do is start partying on New Year's even 1999
>and not stop until New Year's day 2002, because, after all, how often
>do you get to celebrate a millenium and who would want to miss it?

Better yet, let's start a thread arguing about it *now*, make occasional
side-references which semi-justify the crossposting of said thread to all
kinds of froups, until by mid-1999 it is running in some form or another in
10000 or so froups, and keep *it* going until 1/1/02, at which point we can
all say "Damn! We forgot to party!".

Hey, it could happen.. this is the INTERNET! THE INFOBAHN! UZEN3TT IZ SO
KQQL, 'CAUSE 0NL33 3L33T UZERS LI|<3 ME C4N FIGG3R QUT H0W 2 UZ IT!!!!11!1!!!
TH03S MED14 GAYZ R SOO R1T3, TH3Y |<NO 3XA|<TL33 WAT ITZ ABOUT!!!!1!!111!!

AND, L1|<3 WHO CAREZ AB0UT THE M1LINIUM MAYB33 B33ING IN 2001? i'M G0NNA
G3T, L1|<3 S00 DRUNK 1N Y2K 'CUZE MY B4D-4SS 0LDER BRO IZ G0NNA H4\/3 4 FAKE
1D 4ND H3 S3Z H3 IZ G0NN4 G3T M3 B33R!!!!1!!1!!!!1!! B33R RO|<Z!!!!!111!!!!

Me, tonight I'm gonna party like it's 1997.

What, you want funny? You want original? You want a joke that hasn't been
pounded into the sand? IDKWYM!

ps - If the show Millenium remains popular, what'll they call it after the
Milennium happens? Hopefully we don't have to worry.

Beable beable mrmee mrmee.
Flollop floopily, young man, flollop floopily.

Tofer Chagnon

Dec 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/17/97

jar...@mail2.sas.upenn.edu (Jason M Arvey) wrote:

>Nick S Bensema (ni...@primenet.com) wrote:
>
>: And had it really been happening, the Professor and Skipper would have
>: names.
>
> They do have names. I've heard them mentioned at some point.
>Alas, I don't remember what they are. I've also heard Gilligan's full
>name, but it, too, has drifted from my memory.

> --Jason Arvey

Apparently the professor got to Jason too! Probably some designer
hallucinogen by the sound of it.

James Kibo Parry

Dec 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/17/97

In a.r.k & alt.fan.frank-zappa, Steve Cobham (st...@guitars.powernet.co.uk) sez:

> Leah Verre (leahv.ba...@badaddress.humongous.com) wrote:
> >
> > Do you think Frank Zappa was a kibologist?
> >
> > Kibologists have always understood the importance and mandatory irrelevence
> > of Conceptual Continuity.
> > If it's funny once ... it's funny ALL OVER YOUR SCREEEEN!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Wasn't (isn't?) Kibo that guy that used to appear whenever his name
> figured on the net? Like a sort of Internet Kilroy? He was all over
> the place, but no-one knew where he came from or who he was....

Hey everybody, I just realized why that car on "Team Knight Rider"
turns into two motorcycles! It's because the Knight Rider car got
a bad reputation after Timothy McVeigh used it to blow up the
Edward R. Murrow building! That's why they had to change the name
of the show from "Team Knight Rider" to "The Penske File"!

(Enter a futuristic woman with no belly button.)

DIANA MULDAUR: SCULLY, BRING ME THE PENSKE EXTRACT!

> Some info would be appreciated.

But other info wouldn't. STOP DISCRIMINATING AGAINST BAD STUFF!!!

-- K.

Bozo scale:

Knight Rider 1

Knight Rider With All-New
Super Pursuit Options For '86 1

Knight Rider 2000: The Movie 2

Knight Rider 2010: The Movie 3

Team Knight Rider 2.5

Everything else in the whole world
except the Princess Di Beany Baby <1

Stephen Will Tanner

Dec 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/17/97

Thomas R Scudder (tom...@stargate.rs.itd.umich.edu) wrote:
: Steve Cobham (st...@guitars.powernet.co.uk) aseioniezi:
: : Wasn't (isn't?) Kibo that guy that used to appear whenever his name

: : figured on the net? Like a sort of Internet Kilroy? He was all over
: : the place, but no-one knew where he came from or who he was....

The man slouched lower in his seat, his eyes gone dull long ago, as if he
had lost the capacity for joy. "Oh, who cares?" he drawled, bitterly,
"Who is Kibo?"

KIBOLUV turned her head away, abruptly. She had never liked that phrase.
But she had things to do. As long as she was able, she would fight the
destroyer, the great drainer of brains. Around the country, grad students,
physicists, lawyers, computer programmers were vanishing from their
newsgroups, like the lights of a city winking out before some immense night.

: : "When it comes to information, I believe that

: : more is better."-- Roger McGuinn
: : "Information is not knowledge."-- Frank Zappa

: : "Knowledge is power."-- Francis Bacon
:
: Therefore, LEE MAJORS IS SOCRATES!

Quotes are not syllogisms. Syllogisms are not top-ten lists. Top-ten lists
are not comedy. Comedy is not "funny". "Funny" is not "funny funny".
"Funny funny" is not "killing Bob Hope". "Killing Bob Hope" is not
crossposting to rec.org.mensa. Crossposting to rec.org.mensa is not
B31NG B1FF!!!!1111!! B31NG B!FF is not kibology. Kibology is the
greatest of all of these. --You Can't Do That on USENET Anymore,
volume 27b-6

--
Stephen Tanner (tan...@math.wisc.edu)

Michael Straight

Dec 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/17/97

On 16 Dec 1997, Teg Pipes wrote:

> ki...@world.std.com (James "Kibo" Parry) writes:
>

> > Knight Rider 1
> >
> > Knight Rider With All-New
> > Super Pursuit Options For '86 1
> >
> > Knight Rider 2000: The Movie 2
> >
> > Knight Rider 2010: The Movie 3
> >
> > Team Knight Rider 2.5
> >

> No, Michael, you may not listen to _The Bee Gees_.
>
> No, Michael, we are not there yet.
>
> I'm sorry Michael, you'll just have to hold it.
>
> Michael, shift up.
>
> Michael, leave me in 'park'.
>
> Michael, my door is open.
>
> Very funny, Michael. Remember, I can eject you and pick any bozo off of
> the street to take your place.
>
> Michael, take your finger out of the cigarette lighter.

Michael, a door is a jar.

Michael, pass me the door of strawberry marmalade.

Michael, dwarves are people, too.

Michael, Straight
FLEOEVDETYHOEUPROEONREWMEILECSOFMOERSGTIRVAENRGEEARDSTVHIESBIITBTLHEEPSRIACYK
Ethical Mirth Gas/"I'm chaste alright."/Magic Hitler Hats/"Hath grace limits?"
"Irate clam thighs!"/Chili Hamster Tag/The Gilt Charisma/"I gather this calm."

Michael Straight

Dec 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/17/97

On Wed, 17 Dec 1997, James Kibo Parry wrote:

> In a.r.k & alt.fan.frank-zappa, Steve Cobham (st...@guitars.powernet.co.uk) sez:
> >
> > Leah Verre (leahv.ba...@badaddress.humongous.com) wrote:
> > >
> > > Do you think Frank Zappa was a kibologist?
> > >
> > > Kibologists have always understood the importance and mandatory irrelevence
> > > of Conceptual Continuity.
> > > If it's funny once ... it's funny ALL OVER YOUR SCREEEEN!!!!!!!!!!!
> >

> > Wasn't (isn't?) Kibo that guy that used to appear whenever his name
> > figured on the net? Like a sort of Internet Kilroy? He was all over
> > the place, but no-one knew where he came from or who he was....
>

> Hey everybody, I just realized why that car on "Team Knight Rider"
> turns into two motorcycles! It's because the Knight Rider car got
> a bad reputation after Timothy McVeigh used it to blow up the
> Edward R. Murrow building! That's why they had to change the name
> of the show from "Team Knight Rider" to "The Penske File"!

Kibo is trying to say that Frank Zappa is the Greatest American Hero!

But someone put a bozo filter over his mouth!

Wouldn't that be a great gag!

SMTIRCAHIAGEHLT

Román García Albertos

Dec 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/17/97

Chris escribió:

> "Riboflavin" <ri...@mindspring.com> writes:
>
> >Usenet is like a great big salad. But I haven't found any croutons yet.
>
> Yeah, after you eat it you're still hungry.
>

> >On January 1st, 2000, I predict approximately 5000 deaths from people
> >getting fed up with arguments over whether the millenium starts in 2000 or
> >2001.
>

> Well then I guess it's safe to start the voting now....

> I say the year 2000 is part of the 2000s just like 1990 was part
> of the 1990s. Seems so simple when you think about it.
>
> -Chris (Them's fightin' werds)

There was no Year 0, so Year 1 B.C. was the LAST year of the 1st Century B.C.,
and Year 1 A.D. was the FIRST year of the 1st Century A.D.
So the Year 2001 is the FIRST year of the 21st Century.
So the Second Millenium will begin the first day of January, 2001.
Now that I know that, I know I won't be one of the 5000. Phew...
And, you know, the Eons are Closing...

Brian JARAI Chase

Dec 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/17/97

In article <kibo-17129...@10.0.2.15>,
James "Kibo" Parry <ki...@world.std.com> wrote:

> -- K.
>
> Bozo scale:

> Knight Rider 1
>
> Knight Rider With All-New
> Super Pursuit Options For '86 1
>
> Knight Rider 2000: The Movie 2
>
> Knight Rider 2010: The Movie 3
>
> Team Knight Rider 2.5
>

> Everything else in the whole world
> except the Princess Di Beany Baby <1

What about the Knight Rider episodes with Michael's evil twin brother,
Garthe, and the big black semi-truck, Golaith? Shouldn't they be
considering seperate and special from the other episodes? I'd also
classify them as a 1.5 on the open-ended bozosity scale.

-brian.
--
---
Brian Chase <(o)> <(o)> http://world.std.com/~bdc/ VAXZilla LIVES!!!

brent jackson

Dec 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/18/97

b...@world.std.com (Brian "JARAI" Chase) writes:
~ What about the Knight Rider episodes with Michael's evil twin brother,
~ Garthe, and the big black semi-truck, Golaith? Shouldn't they be
~ considering seperate and special from the other episodes? I'd also
~ classify them as a 1.5 on the open-ended bozosity scale.

the best thing about those episodes? how you could tell Garth was the
evil twin because he had a mustache! and how, even though Garth was
supposedly a genius, he couldn't design a Goliath truck that didn't
have a nice weak spot.

don't get me started on KARR. KARR meets KITT in a mid-air collision
and even though they are both made of the same indestructible alloy,
KARR ends up in a million pieces and KITT in one piece. it's like
the Irresistable Force meets the Immovable Object, but the Knight
Rider script writers can solve it because they are the ALEXANDER
ABIANS OF TV SCIENCE.

-brent
Chairman, TV Science Dept., University of Perth Amboy

Paul Hinrichs

Dec 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/18/97

ni...@primenet.com (Nick S Bensema) wrote:

>No, HE wants to stay. He was performing a psychological experiment on the
>other castaways.

>And had it really been happening, the Professor and Skipper would have
>names.

They do have names - but they are classified because they are both CIA
operatives.

Paul Hinrichs

Dec 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/18/97

"Román García Albertos" <don...@distrito.com> wrote:

>There was no Year 0, so Year 1 B.C. was the LAST year of the 1st Century B.C.,
>and Year 1 A.D. was the FIRST year of the 1st Century A.D.
>So the Year 2001 is the FIRST year of the 21st Century.
>So the Second Millenium will begin the first day of January, 2001.
>Now that I know that, I know I won't be one of the 5000. Phew...
>And, you know, the Eons are Closing...

Wait a minute - haven't we already had two millenia? Two thousand
years has to be two complete ones.

And what about all those funny years where they get counted backwards?
Are BC millenia positive or negative? If they're negative, we have a
long ways to go before the net sum is positive. If they're positive,
we have millenia coming out the yinyang.

John Hopkins

Dec 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/18/97

Yow! Does my yinyang ever need some Preparation Ouch!

On a less fun note, Stephen Jay Gould soberly blasts the idea that we
have to wait until 1/1/2001 to celebrate the new millenium in _Dinosaur
In A Haystack_ -- I don't have it here, but if someone's curious I'll
look it up tonite and let ya know later -- my memory's not what it used
to be. I'm not even sure what it used to be...maybe a hat...

Yers,
John

Roger Douglas

Dec 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/18/97

On Wed, 17 Dec 1997 01:12:02 GMT, dean....@worldnet.att.net (Dean
Lenort) wrote:

>st...@guitars.powernet.co.uk (Steve Cobham) wrote:
[snip]
>http://www.kibology.com/ <---URL left for additional publicity

>>"Knowledge is power."-- Francis Bacon

>>===============================================
>
>Mmmmmmm... Bacon.

Come to think of it, I always wondered why they named cured pork after
an English dramatist. Also I feel there just isn't enough discussion
about pork products in these newsgroups. When, I ask you, did we last
have a really good thread about, say, prosciutto or pigs-foot jelly?
And the whole question of the relevance of spam fritters to the early
orchestral works of Frank Zappa has been largely overlooked, in my
view.

--R.

p.s. I wrote this just to spook Lisa Pea.

p.p.s. PORK!

Daniel Schunneman

Dec 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/18/97

James "Kibo" Parry (ki...@world.std.com) wrote:
: In a.r.k & alt.fan.frank-zappa, Steve Cobham (st...@guitars.powernet.co.uk) sez:
: >
: > Leah Verre (leahv.ba...@badaddress.humongous.com) wrote:
: > >
[...]

Midnight at the Kiboasis... Maria Muldaur.

Paul Hinrichs

Dec 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/19/97

John Hopkins <johnh...@darkhop.com> wrote:

Downstairs, where it really matters (can you hear me there downstairs?
I be talkin' to you Mr. Scrotum!! Are you listen'? Have a nice day!!),
this stuff about there was no year "zero" makes no fucking sense to me
whatsoever - even though, once you accept the basic premise, you can
swallow the hook and think it doesn't matter. That's just a year, give
or take four or five based on discrepancies between the Julian and
Gregorian calendars, leap years, gerbil pizzas, anno dominoes,
Hollywood Squares, Wednesday, and an occasional day the earth stood
still because of alien invaders or Old Testament guys who hold their
hands in the air or blow trumpets and make X-Files sorta things happen
we can't understand.

So it's all kinda fucked and arbitrary from the outset - why the hell
should we get anal now just because we have Casio calculators that
plot nifty graphs that make us so self-assured that the empiral nature
of numbers is unquestionable?

Okay, if there was no zero year, then there was no zero millienium. In
the first case, we can write off just 365 days (and who amongst us
haven't done _that_ in just the course of a simple lifetime, whether
or not we intended it?), but writing off an entire millenium is some
bloody serious shit, Charlemagne, Holy Roman Empires, Batman, etc.

So, just for the hell of it, let's say zero counts - fuck the
mathematicians, it's what the people want anyway! They don't want a
resurrected Carl Sagan spoiling their Millenium Eve with
prognostications about nuclear winter and dingleberry distinctions
regarding beginning and endings of intervals.

No sir-REE!

They wanna fuckin' PARTY!

And what better excuse to party than having the Most Significant Digit
of our annual counting system roll over! Hot Damn! It's bigger than
The Turtles! I be gettin' a Woody just thinkin' 'bout it and it's
still over two years away! Holy Fuck! The BIG ONE way over on the left
is gonna become a BIG TWO! Oh, please, somebody fuck me right now,
it's totally fucking AWESOME!

Carlos Froggy May

Dec 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/19/97

Jason M Arvey (jar...@mail2.sas.upenn.edu) pondered:
: Nick S Bensema (ni...@primenet.com) wrote:

: : And had it really been happening, the Professor and Skipper would have
: : names.

: They do have names. I've heard them mentioned at some point.

: Alas, I don't remember what they are. I've also heard Gilligan's full
: name, but it, too, has drifted from my memory.

His full name was Gilligan Anderson. He also appeared as a character
on "The Doobie Gillian Files".

The others were Professor Poindexter and Skipper The Bush Kangaroo.

HTH!
-- Froggy, who once had a
cute CHYK come on to him
by asking "Ever wonder why
the Professor and Mary Ann
never had sex? Don't you
think they should?"

--
* Fro...@neosoft.com ** "The Information Super-Frog" [dibs] *
* Headquarters: alt.fan.tito ** "Tounge Of Frog" *

Dean Lenort

Dec 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/19/97

Roger....@removethis.tafensw.edu.au (Roger Douglas) wrote:

>On Wed, 17 Dec 1997 01:12:02 GMT, dean....@worldnet.att.net (Dean
>Lenort) wrote:
>
>>st...@guitars.powernet.co.uk (Steve Cobham) wrote:

>>http://www.kibology.com/ <---URL left for additional publicity <-ME TOO!

>>>"Knowledge is power."-- Francis Bacon
>>

>>Mmmmmmm... Bacon.
>
>Come to think of it, I always wondered why they named cured pork after
>an English dramatist. Also I feel there just isn't enough discussion
>about pork products in these newsgroups. When, I ask you, did we last
>have a really good thread about, say, prosciutto or pigs-foot jelly?

Have you ever had really good head cheese? One of my uncles used to make
the stuff and may still as far as I know. Sure you can buy it, but does
some nameless manufacturer include ALL of the snout? ALL of the brain?
Just ALL of the whole hog's head goodness that goes into a really fine head
cheese? My guess would be that not only do they not maximize the use of
the hog, they probably just toss out a lot of fine material that could do a
head cheese proud but instead wends it's way into our hot dog industry. So
when you ask for head cheese, ask whether it's 100% head cheese.

And don't forget the blood sausage!

P.S. The first question of mine was a trick question. There is no such
thing as good head cheese.
--
Dean Lenort dean....@worldnet.att.net

Carlos Froggy May

Dec 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/19/97

Roger Douglas (Roger....@removethis.tafensw.edu.au) chewed out:

: Come to think of it, I always wondered why they named cured pork after

: an English dramatist. Also I feel there just isn't enough discussion
: about pork products in these newsgroups. When, I ask you, did we last
: have a really good thread about, say, prosciutto or pigs-foot jelly?

Yesterday. I invited a vegetarian friend to the Chinese Restaurant down
the street as soon as I read that Kibo had declared pork to be a vegestable.
Yay!

But that still leaves the problem of Altoids, which (sorry, Jenn)
is not vegetarian because it's has cattle geletain. (Fun fact:
Altoids started advertising heavily in the USA when their
sales plumeted in Europe over the scare on British products
possibly carrying Mad Cow Disease.) ALTOIDS MUST BE REORBITED
WITH VEGETARIAN PORK TO MAKE VEGAN CHYX BORN AGAIN MINTY FRESH
BLOWJOB QUEENZ!! REPRODUCTION OF THIS IMPORTANT YADA IS BEABLE!

-- Froggy. Now with hardly any risk of
Mad Cow Disease at all. Hardly.

: p.s. I wrote this just to spook Lisa Pea.
^^^^^
If she's not spooked, I sure am.
Also, I suspect YM...

: p.p.s. PORK!

... uh, right.

* fro...@neosoft.com "The Information Super-Frog" [dibs] *

Paul Hinrichs

Dec 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/19/97

Roger....@removethis.tafensw.edu.au (Roger Douglas) wrote:

>On Wed, 17 Dec 1997 01:12:02 GMT, dean....@worldnet.att.net (Dean
>Lenort) wrote:

>>st...@guitars.powernet.co.uk (Steve Cobham) wrote:
>[snip]

>>http://www.kibology.com/ <---URL left for additional publicity
>>

>>>"Knowledge is power."-- Francis Bacon

>>>===============================================
>>
>>Mmmmmmm... Bacon.

>Come to think of it, I always wondered why they named cured pork after
>an English dramatist. Also I feel there just isn't enough discussion
>about pork products in these newsgroups. When, I ask you, did we last
>have a really good thread about, say, prosciutto or pigs-foot jelly?

>And the whole question of the relevance of spam fritters to the early
>orchestral works of Frank Zappa has been largely overlooked, in my
>view.

I haven't ever made prosciutto - you gotta keep the stuff at 60
degrees and 70% relative humidity for 6 months as it slowly dries out.
It tends to get moldy, but you just wash that off. But, here's a nice
recipe for a BBQ rub (ay, here's the rub...):

SOUTHERN BBQ RUB

2 Tablespoons kosher salt
2 Tablespoons sugar
3 Tablespoons brown sugar
2 Tablespoons ground cumin
2 Tablespoons chile powder
2 Tablespoons freshly-cracked black pepper
1 Tablespoon cayenne pepper
4 Tablespoons paprika

Simply mix together thorougly. Use liberally on meats to be
slow-cooked barbecued. There is some contention amongst purists as to
whether a "rub" is really rubbed into the meat or just sprinkled on.
Either way, wrap up the brisket or pork butt after you've coated it
and let it sit in the fridge overnight - or, if you're gonna cook it
in the night, overday.

James Kibo Parry

Dec 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/19/97

paul...@mindspring.com (Paul Hinrichs) wrote:

> Roger....@removethis.tafensw.edu.au (Roger Douglas) wrote:
> >
> > Come to think of it, I always wondered why they named cured pork after
> > an English dramatist. Also I feel there just isn't enough discussion
> > about pork products in these newsgroups. When, I ask you, did we last
> > have a really good thread about, say, prosciutto or pigs-foot jelly?
> > And the whole question of the relevance of spam fritters to the early
> > orchestral works of Frank Zappa has been largely overlooked, in my
> > view.
>
> I haven't ever made prosciutto - you gotta keep the stuff at 60
> degrees and 70% relative humidity for 6 months as it slowly dries out.
> It tends to get moldy, but you just wash that off.

With turpentine and acetone. Did you ever notice that if you
spell "acetone" backwards you get "erotica"? But it only works
if you're smelling it.

> But, here's a nice
> recipe for a BBQ rub (ay, here's the rub...):
>
> SOUTHERN BBQ RUB
>
> 2 Tablespoons kosher salt

Don't use that other salt that's made by distilling bacon.

> 2 Tablespoons sugar
> 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
> 2 Tablespoons ground cumin
> 2 Tablespoons chile powder
> 2 Tablespoons freshly-cracked black pepper
> 1 Tablespoon cayenne pepper
> 4 Tablespoons paprika

BUZZY'S ROAST BEEF NORTHERN BBQ RUB

1 Tablespoon generic ketchup
1 Dash black pepper
1 Quantity shredded Grade W beef

BUZZY'S SLOPPY JOE

1 Tablespoon generic ketchup
1 Dash black pepper
1 Quantity shredded Grade W beef

BUZZY'S VEGETABLE KNISH

1 Tablespoon generic ketchup
1 Dash black pepper
1 Quantity shredded Grade W beef

That's the OLD Buzzy's, not the Yuppified NEW Buzzy's, which has

MASS. EYE & EAR PASTRAMI

1 Tablespoon gourmet ketchup
1 Dash lemon pepper
1 Dash tarragon
1 Dash fruity-ass fruity fruit stuff
1 Quantity shredded Grade W beef

And let's not forget

FRITO-LAY COOL RANCH RUB

10 Boxcars plain Doritos
1 Boxcar red dots
1 Boxcar green specks
1 Boxcar white flecks
1 Tanker car Dorito gas (for bag inflation)
1 Dash Cheez

> Simply mix together thorougly.

Don't fall into the trap of mixing apart thoroughly!

> Use liberally

Hey! You said SOUTHERN!

> on meats to be slow-cooked barbecued. There is some contention
> amongst purists

As to whether to land on Plymouth Rock or land on the beack near the jagged rock

(Digression: someone on ABC World News Now just used the phrase
"it takes the Shrinky-Dink idea farther" while talking about CD-ROMs)

> as to whether a "rub" is really rubbed into the meat or just sprinkled on.

For REAL spicy BBQ, take your chili and cumin and cilantro and coriander
and put it in a pile and sprinkle the meat on it.

> Either way, wrap up the brisket or pork butt

STOP PORKING BUTT IN MY NEWSGROUP!

> after you've coated it and let it sit in the fridge overnight -
> or, if you're gonna cook it in the night, overday.

Spot tried to cook it at night in his Easy-Bake Oven but it's never night
inside an Easy-Bake thanks to that glamorous General Electric hunnerd-watter.
So his Easy-Bake oven just made the meat rawer and rawer. Poor Spot!
He got trichinosis just from looking at it!

-- K.
I still like The Sausagemaker catalog
with its helpful tips on how if you
keep your beef bungs in water they
don't smell quite as hellishly rank
before you eat them.
(I suppose after is another matter.)

HOORAY!!! WARREN KOZAK AND THE
WORLD NEWS POLKA!!! NOW I GOTTA
TAKE MY PANTS OFF!!!

Paul Hinrichs

Dec 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/19/97

dean....@worldnet.att.net (Dean Lenort) wrote:

>Have you ever had really good head cheese? One of my uncles used to make
>the stuff and may still as far as I know. Sure you can buy it, but does
>some nameless manufacturer include ALL of the snout? ALL of the brain?
>Just ALL of the whole hog's head goodness that goes into a really fine head
>cheese? My guess would be that not only do they not maximize the use of
>the hog, they probably just toss out a lot of fine material that could do a
>head cheese proud but instead wends it's way into our hot dog industry. So
>when you ask for head cheese, ask whether it's 100% head cheese.

Head cheese does not include the snout or jowls (these are used to
make a pancetta-like bacon). It does include the ears and tongue - but
not the brains (these are cooked separately, most excellent with eggs,
but nearly prohibitively high in cholesterol) - and usually the pork
liver as well. If you are interested in snout-like things, I have a
recipe for jellied moose nose I'll be happy to post. Seems there is a
"light" and a "dark" meat to a moose's nose, and proper serving means
alternating them in the mold before pouring in the cooking broth
(which becomes an aspic, of sorts).

>And don't forget the blood sausage!

aka, "black pudding". A little less disgusting is what the original
German andouille was - a casing stuffed with more casings!

>P.S. The first question of mine was a trick question. There is no such
>thing as good head cheese.

Wrong by my account - there is a sausage shop north of Delaware, OH on
route 23 called Mom Wilson's that makes an excellent head cheese
(though they call it "puddin'"). You boil in down in water, let it fry
slightly, then add some cooked barley. I can't get the good stuff down
here in NC, so every time I go back home to Columbus, OH, I drive up
to Mom Wilson's and buy a few pounds for my freezer. It's best
accompanied by crepe-thin buttermilk pancakes topped with homemade
brown sugar syrup, washed down with a dopplebock.

Paul Hinrichs

Dec 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/19/97

dean....@worldnet.att.net (Dean Lenort) wrote:

> My guess would be that not only do they not maximize the use of
>the hog, they probably just toss out a lot of fine material that could do a
>head cheese proud but instead wends it's way into our hot dog industry.

..oh, and BTW, no - the USDA does not allow these things in hot dogs.
They are made mostly from pork shoulder and are more likely to be
"extended" with vegetable proteins (like soy powder) than offal. The
emulsifying process used to make them (meat alone in a gigantic food
processor is chopped fine near the freezing point. this gradually
raises the temperature to around 40 degrees, where the fat is added -
it won't properly emulsify without it - then it is processed to about
45 degrees and the fillers are added - they'd be kinda limp without
'em). Things like gristle and such simply cannot be emulsified - they
would stay in large inedible chunks and there would be no way to hide
them. Better to sell the ears for $4 a pound to yuppies for their dogs
to chew on while they make burnt weenie sandwiches out of Hebrew
Nationals. In general, there are ethnic markets for all offal that are
too lucrative to use them inappropriately in sausages. For example, on
the retail level you can expect to find pork shoulder (primo hot dog
stuff) for under a buck-fifty a pound while something like tripe or
beef tongue costs closer to four. IOW, it simply is not legal, not
possible, and very commercially unfeasible to put those things in
weenies.

Jason M Arvey

Dec 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/19/97

Paul Hinrichs (paul...@mindspring.com) wrote:
: dean....@worldnet.att.net (Dean Lenort) wrote:

: Head cheese does not include the snout or jowls (these are used to

: make a pancetta-like bacon). It does include the ears and tongue - but
: not the brains (these are cooked separately, most excellent with eggs,
: but nearly prohibitively high in cholesterol) - and usually the pork
: liver as well. If you are interested in snout-like things, I have a
: recipe for jellied moose nose I'll be happy to post. Seems there is a
: "light" and a "dark" meat to a moose's nose, and proper serving means
: alternating them in the mold before pouring in the cooking broth
: (which becomes an aspic, of sorts).

The brains and pretty much all other parts of the pig's head (some
even leave in the teeth) will go into scrapple. I think you just let it
boil.

: >And don't forget the blood sausage!

: aka, "black pudding". A little less disgusting is what the original
: German andouille was - a casing stuffed with more casings!

The Turks do the same thing: lamb's intestines filled with
lamb's intestines. it's called kokorec (ko-ko-RETCH appropriately
enough) and I suggest that unless you like the taste of sulfur, you
should avoid it.

--jason arvey

Jason M Arvey

Dec 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/19/97

Paul Hinrichs (paul...@mindspring.com) wrote:
: dean....@worldnet.att.net (Dean Lenort) wrote:

: stuff) for under a buck-fifty a pound while something like tripe or

Tripe! The Turks eat that, too, and call it iskembe
(ish-KEM-bay). Don't eat that either -- sulfur soup. You can eat pretty
much anything else you can find in a restaurant in Istanbul without
worrying about its revulsion factor.
-_Jason Arvey

Paul Hinrichs

Dec 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/19/97

jar...@mail2.sas.upenn.edu (Jason M Arvey) wrote:

>Paul Hinrichs (paul...@mindspring.com) wrote:
>: dean....@worldnet.att.net (Dean Lenort) wrote:

>: Head cheese does not include the snout or jowls (these are used to
>: make a pancetta-like bacon). It does include the ears and tongue - but
>: not the brains (these are cooked separately, most excellent with eggs,
>: but nearly prohibitively high in cholesterol) - and usually the pork
>: liver as well. If you are interested in snout-like things, I have a
>: recipe for jellied moose nose I'll be happy to post. Seems there is a
>: "light" and a "dark" meat to a moose's nose, and proper serving means
>: alternating them in the mold before pouring in the cooking broth
>: (which becomes an aspic, of sorts).

> The brains and pretty much all other parts of the pig's head (some
>even leave in the teeth) will go into scrapple. I think you just let it
>boil.

Yeah, a lot of stuff comes off in a few hours' boil, boil, toil, and
trouble. Souse is kinda like that too - anything chewable is included
in an aspic (of sorts) thickened by the marrow and cartilege. It's
cooked in a vinegar base, so it kind of "pickley". I don't care for it
myself, but it has a certain fan base here in Carolina. The "Big"
sausage manufacturers, like (hehehe) Jimmy Dean, don't wanna mess with
it, so it is one of the few things that's locally produced anymore -
the megacorps make sausage so damn cheaply that Mom & Pop operations
can't compete with them - so they buy from them and put their own
labels on it. But they'll still make their own souse.

All this kind of stuff will probably be illegal in a few years - hell,
they've already outlawed beef on-the-bone in the UK out of fear of Mad
Cow Disease. This has caused a major outrage in the land of oxtail
soup and standing rib roasts, but the government is stickin' to its
guns. It is not the bones or the offal itself that is the problem,
however - it is the shit they feed the poor animals. Literally. About
25% of chicken shit is protein, so they make cattle feed out of it -
even in the USA. The stuff in Britain might have started with sheep
offal being recycled into cattle feef, though that's illegal now. Even
though Some Guy won a Nobel this year for his work in identifying
prions as the infective agent at work, there is still some debate in
the scientific community as to whether such a thing could really be
the cause. All I know is that prosciutto gets its unique flavor from
garlic-fed pigs and Smithfield Ham from pigs fed on peanuts, so if
anyone complains that their hamburger tastes like shit, figuring that
the hapless bovines are fed chicken shit to save a buck or two,
probably has very discriminating taste. Would you eat a T-Bone on
stage now?

Paul Hinrichs

Dec 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/19/97

jar...@mail2.sas.upenn.edu (Jason M Arvey) wrote:

>Paul Hinrichs (paul...@mindspring.com) wrote:
>: dean....@worldnet.att.net (Dean Lenort) wrote:

>: stuff) for under a buck-fifty a pound while something like tripe or

> Tripe! The Turks eat that, too, and call it iskembe
>(ish-KEM-bay). Don't eat that either -- sulfur soup. You can eat pretty
>much anything else you can find in a restaurant in Istanbul without
>worrying about its revulsion factor.

Properly washed - with several rinsings over about a 12 hour period -
then simmered slowly in a barely-warm oven (surrounded by a crust of
hot water paste to soak up the stuff that cooks out - you don't eat
the crust), honeycomb tripe is a delight. Use honeycomb tripe from, I
believe, the cow's first stomach - that stuff farther back is slimey
unpalatable goo, best used for decorations.

jason m. laughman

Dec 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/19/97

Dude, on Fri, 19 Dec 1997 10:08:23 GMT, Paul Hinrichs <paul...@mindspring.com> was all like:

>not the brains (these are cooked separately, most excellent with eggs,
>but nearly prohibitively high in cholesterol) - and usually the pork

I knew if I waited long enough, I'd have an opportunity to ask this. During
my last trip to visit family in the wilds of southwestern Kentucky, I bought
two cans of "Kelly's Pork Brains in Milk Gravy" (with a LEPRECHAUN on the
label, of all things) for $0.77 each. One is prominently displayed in my
living room (it's quite a conversation piece), and the other is for if I
ever get bold enough to open, and, God forbid, eat the damn things to see
what they look/taste like. So far, no matter how hard I try, I just haven't
been able to get that drunk. Any suggestions on what to do with them?

>Wrong by my account - there is a sausage shop north of Delaware, OH on
>route 23 called Mom Wilson's that makes an excellent head cheese

Ahh yes, Mom Wilson's. This place would make a case study in garishness
and carpet-bomb advertising. As you're driving down the road you start
to see Burma-Shave like signs three miles before you get there. Things
like:

NO FATTY
IN THE PATTY
MOM WILSON'S
1 MILE ON THE RIGHT

Then when you finally get to where it's at, there is a giant day-glo yellow
arrow on the other side of the road pointing at the building. When I say
giant, I mean like 20 or 30 feet long by probably 7 or 8 feet tall. It's
the biggest arrow I've ever seen in my life. And of course, it's lit up at
night so you can't EVER miss it. I swear if I lived there I'd fire bomb the
place. Never tried their pork products, though, so I can't say anything
about them.

>(though they call it "puddin'"). You boil in down in water, let it fry

Thanks for the warning. If I do ever go in there, I'll be sure not to ask
for the puddin.

--
"It is not true that life is one damn thing after another... It's one damn
thing over and over." -- Edna St. Vincent Malloy

Paul Hinrichs

Dec 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/19/97

laug...@wutang.acs.ohio-state.edu (jason m. laughman) wrote:

>Dude, on Fri, 19 Dec 1997 10:08:23 GMT, Paul Hinrichs <paul...@mindspring.com> was all like:
>>not the brains (these are cooked separately, most excellent with eggs,
>>but nearly prohibitively high in cholesterol) - and usually the pork

>I knew if I waited long enough, I'd have an opportunity to ask this. During
>my last trip to visit family in the wilds of southwestern Kentucky, I bought
>two cans of "Kelly's Pork Brains in Milk Gravy" (with a LEPRECHAUN on the
>label, of all things) for $0.77 each. One is prominently displayed in my
>living room (it's quite a conversation piece), and the other is for if I
>ever get bold enough to open, and, God forbid, eat the damn things to see
>what they look/taste like. So far, no matter how hard I try, I just haven't
>been able to get that drunk. Any suggestions on what to do with them?

Leave them on the shelf to gross out people. If you didn't start
eating them before you were old enough to know better (I didn't),
chances are you never will. I like head cheese because we had it for
breakfast long before I could form a picture of where it came from and
now, even knowing, it still tastes pretty good to me. Pork brains are
more a southern specialty - especially in the milk gravy - and I don't
think I'll ever try them. I went to a breakfast place at the beach in
Wilmington (NC) that had them on the menu and the adventurous side of
me said to try them, but my more conservative stomach won out on that
one. I also have a can of something I'll never eat - boiled peanuts.
They're big down here too, but I've lived without 'em this long...

>>Wrong by my account - there is a sausage shop north of Delaware, OH on
>>route 23 called Mom Wilson's that makes an excellent head cheese

>Ahh yes, Mom Wilson's. This place would make a case study in garishness
>and carpet-bomb advertising. As you're driving down the road you start
>to see Burma-Shave like signs three miles before you get there. Things
>like:

>NO FATTY
>IN THE PATTY
>MOM WILSON'S
>1 MILE ON THE RIGHT

>Then when you finally get to where it's at, there is a giant day-glo yellow
>arrow on the other side of the road pointing at the building. When I say
>giant, I mean like 20 or 30 feet long by probably 7 or 8 feet tall. It's
>the biggest arrow I've ever seen in my life. And of course, it's lit up at
>night so you can't EVER miss it. I swear if I lived there I'd fire bomb the
>place. Never tried their pork products, though, so I can't say anything
>about them.

Yeah, yeah! - that's the place! It's garish alright, but that's a
throwback to the 50s when they got started and everything was like
that. Interstate highways took the place of most roads like SR 23
(still the best way to get from Columbus to NW Ohio) and most places
like that have bit the dust. It's really the only place I know of
where you can still see those Burma Shave type signs and, yeah, the
rhymes are not as clever and it is a bit of an eyesore, but in the
flat lands of northern Ohio almost any kind of sight on the drive is a
welcome relief. I drove by the place for years until stopping out of
curiosity about 15 years ago. If you like sausages (and bacon), it's
better than any stuff you can find in a grocery store. It's also
priced accordingly. Stop by any day ("October to May") and try some of
their free samples up at the counter - pickles, salami, summer
sausage, trail bologna - but no head cheese, I promise.

Bruce Ediger

Dec 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/20/97

Roger....@removethis.tafensw.edu.au (Roger Douglas) wrote:
>Come to think of it, I always wondered why they named cured pork after
>an English dramatist. Also I feel there just isn't enough discussion
>about pork products in these newsgroups. When, I ask you, did we last
>have a really good thread about, say, prosciutto or pigs-foot jelly?

I find that the real "Prosciutto de Parma" is the best, even for cooking
in sauces and such. The Canadian imitation prosciutto will do, but don't
*ever* get the Safeway "prosciutto". That stuff tastes like old sneakers.

PS
I LUV "THINGFISH" - that's the best Zappa album ever! It kills flying
insects for a 50-foot (15.2399 metres for you Austrians) radius!

Sam and/or Karen Rouse

Dec 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/20/97

In article <67e6eq$8...@camel19.mindspring.com>, paul...@mindspring.com
(Paul Hinrichs) wrote:

> Yeah, a lot of stuff comes off in a few hours' boil, boil, toil, and
> trouble. Souse is kinda like that too - anything chewable is included
> in an aspic (of sorts) thickened by the marrow and cartilege. It's
> cooked in a vinegar base, so it kind of "pickley". I don't care for it
> myself, but it has a certain fan base here in Carolina.

{snip}

I remember reading a quote somewhere, as I recall from some well-known
culinary person, about Southern (US) cuisine. Paraphrased from memory:

The best thing about Southern cuisine is that when you have guests over
for a gourmet feast that turns into an oily, burnt disaster, you can tell
them that you're serving that great dish of the Old South, "Fuddah, crudlins,
and mumble grunnies with spacklins and shmuh."

I'd really like to find out who actually said this & get the quote correct.
(I posted a query to rec.cooking but got no response that I'm aware of -
may be getting flamed and missing it...)

Don't get me wrong, I really like Southern cooking without the offal (maybe
I've had things with offal and didn't even know it). Black-eyed peas and
greens of all types are pretty tasty. If you're ever in Chapel Hill NC,
check out "Red Hot & Blue" (Memphis barbecue, _ac_tually - try the pulled
pig).

-Sam

--
Sam and/or Karen Rouse
ro...@teleport.com

Andy Hollinden

Dec 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/20/97

Biffyshrew wrote:

> Gilligan's first name was Willie, and I think the Skipper's name was
> Jonas Quimby. I just recently read the Professor's name somewhere,
> but I can't remember it. Mrs. Howell did not have a first name (unless
> it was "Lovey").
>
> Your pal,
> Biffy the Elephant Shrew @}-`--}----

I was thinking that the Skipper's name was Jonas Grumby, and I'm pretty
sure the Professor's name was Roy Hinkley. I wouldn't bet big on it,
though.

Andy Hollinden

Michael Gula

Dec 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/21/97

Andy Hollinden wrote:

> I was thinking that the Skipper's name was Jonas Grumby, and I'm pretty
> sure the Professor's name was Roy Hinkley. I wouldn't bet big on it,
> though.
>
> Andy Hollinden

There is no limit to the information available on the World Wide Web.
Click http://tnt.turner.com/tnt_series/gilligans_island.html for the
answers to these and other important questions.

'Tis the Season to be JELLY!

To reply, mailto:mike...@erols.com

Román García Albertos

Dec 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/21/97

Paul Hinrichs escribió:

> "Román García Albertos" <don...@distrito.com> wrote:
>
> >There was no Year 0, so Year 1 B.C. was the LAST year of the 1st Century B.C.,
> >and Year 1 A.D. was the FIRST year of the 1st Century A.D.
> >So the Year 2001 is the FIRST year of the 21st Century.
> >So the Second Millenium will begin the first day of January, 2001.
> >Now that I know that, I know I won't be one of the 5000. Phew...
> >And, you know, the Eons are Closing...
>
> Wait a minute - haven't we already had two millenia? Two thousand
> years has to be two complete ones.

UH... I meant the "Third Millenium", yes.

> And what about all those funny years where they get counted backwards?
> Are BC millenia positive or negative? If they're negative, we have a
> long ways to go before the net sum is positive. If they're positive,
> we have millenia coming out the yinyang.

Yes, they're negative, but we must be positive.

Paul Hinrichs

Dec 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/21/97

ro...@teleport.com (Sam and/or Karen Rouse) wrote:

>Don't get me wrong, I really like Southern cooking without the offal (maybe
>I've had things with offal and didn't even know it). Black-eyed peas and
>greens of all types are pretty tasty. If you're ever in Chapel Hill NC,
>check out "Red Hot & Blue" (Memphis barbecue, _ac_tually - try the pulled
>pig).

Red, Hot & Blue does get some begrudging respect from the BBQ purists
here, despite the fact that it's <gasp> a franchise. If you want the
real Southern cooking (not BBQ), there are two decent places in Chapel
Hill - authentic: Dip's (that's really her name, everyone calls her
"Mama") on Rosemary, novelle: (lo-fat southern, really) Crook's
Corner. Both places have been written up in the New York Time, but the
southerners still like them. Dip's is the only place I've ever seen
chitlins on the menu (yes, they are cooked).

BBQ is a religion here throughout the state. The basics are the same
everywhere: it must be slow-cooked whole pigs over hickory logs. There
is line running north to south, roughly passing through Raleigh, which
determines whether or not there is tomato in the sauce. The eastern
style is pure vinegar, some spices, and hot peppers, the westerners
just add a little tomato to that. Some have observed that the "Tomato
Line" has been moving to the west over the years, indicating either a
shortage of tomatoes, an increase in taste amongst the westerners, or
a surging od the eastern population towards the mountains. In Chapel
Hill, there is but one BBQ hut that comes close - Alan & Sons - but
they cook over gas, not hickory logs, so the purists turn up their
noses at them and recommend Red, Hot & Blue for folks with a BBQ
hankerin' stuck here. I like Alan & Sons for the rustic atmosphere,
checkered tablecloths, stuffed fish and 12-point bucks on the wall, no
alcohol - but plenty of hot pepper vinegar for your greens or hoppin'
john.

Biffyshrew

Dec 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/21/97

Andy Hollinden wrote:

>Biffyshrew wrote:
>
>> Gilligan's first name was Willie, and I think the Skipper's name was
>> Jonas Quimby. I just recently read the Professor's name somewhere,
>> but I can't remember it.
>

>I was thinking that the Skipper's name was Jonas Grumby, and I'm pretty
>sure the Professor's name was Roy Hinkley.

Damn, I was actually reminding myself to write "Grumby" and not
"Quimby," but I went and flubbed it up anyway. Quimby is the mayor
on The Simpsons. Also, Manuel the Gardener placed his burning phallus
in a quivering Quimby. I do seem to recall that the Professor's first
name was Roy, so I'm sure you're right about that too.

Your pal,
Biffy the Elephant Shrew @}-`--}----

Visit me at http://members.aol.com/biffyshrew/biffy.html
Hope I buy before I get sold.

John Scialli

Dec 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/21/97

biffy...@aol.com (Biffyshrew) retorted and snorted loudly:

Mike Keneally has some money with Ramona's picture on
the dollar bills, if that counts.

J'gnore:
--
Zoogz needs your support or retorts.
Write him at

He can be reached before 9 PM PST
at 818-591-9603

Matt McIrvin

Dec 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/22/97

Jason M Arvey <jar...@mail2.sas.upenn.edu> wrote:

> Tripe! The Turks eat that, too, and call it iskembe
> (ish-KEM-bay). Don't eat that either -- sulfur soup. You can eat pretty
> much anything else you can find in a restaurant in Istanbul without
> worrying about its revulsion factor.

I dunno, it's pretty tasty in Vietnamese pho, or as dim sum.

Don't get the chicken feet, though. The effort isn't worth the payoff.

--
Font-o-Meter! Proportional Monospaced
^

Bruce Ediger

Dec 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/22/97

jar...@mail2.sas.upenn.edu (Jason M Arvey) wrote:
>Nick S Bensema (ni...@primenet.com) wrote:
>: And had it really been happening, the Professor and Skipper would have
>: names.
>
> They do have names. I've heard them mentioned at some point.
>Alas, I don't remember what they are. I've also heard Gilligan's full
>name, but it, too, has drifted from my memory.

The character of "The Skipper", ably played by vaudevillian Alan Hale, Jr,
was named "Jonah Grumby". This was revealed during the course of the show.

The Gilligan and "Lovey" Howell characters never had their names revealed
during the course of the sitcom or the follow-on made-for-tee-vee specials.
However, "A Very Brady Sequel", co-written and co-produced by Sherwood
Schwartz, revealed that Gilligan's last name was "Whitehead".

I believe we can take this as Canon.

Bruce Ediger

Dec 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/22/97

laugh...@osu.edu wrote:
>my last trip to visit family in the wilds of southwestern Kentucky, I bought
>two cans of "Kelly's Pork Brains in Milk Gravy" (with a LEPRECHAUN on the
>label, of all things) for $0.77 each. One is prominently displayed in my
>living room (it's quite a conversation piece), and the other is for if I
>ever get bold enough to open, and, God forbid, eat the damn things to see
>what they look/taste like.

Dude! Don't ever eat them. You're supposed to have something really
gnarly in the cabinet, so that when you get down to that last can
of "King Oskar Fish Balls", or "Szechuan Preserved Vegetable", you
get a sort of "wake up call" that it's time to go to the market.

Riboflavin

Dec 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/23/97

support the smith bill wrote in message <34a100b0...@news.zippo.com>...
>On Tue, 16 Dec 1997 17:27:29 -0500, "Riboflavin" <ri...@mindspring.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Steve Cobham wrote in message <3496e8cc.26990709@news>...
>>>Some info would be appreciated.
>>
>>Um, OK, sure:
>>
>>On Febuary 23, 1974, I was born. And I wasn't wearing pants.
>
>Aha! This explains EVERYTHING.

Does it explain IP subnetting? Because, quite frankly, I've never been able
to explain that to ANYONE.

> Because everybody, especially
>Kibologists, knows what happened in February and March of 1974.
>Phillip K. Dick saw God.

I'm "seeing God" right now, IYKWIM.

> In fact I think that his visions started
>(somebody consult "Divine Invasions" on this one?) on or around the
>23rd of February. According to VALIS, err, let me find my copy, well,
>something about a baby.

This doesn't sound very detailed. You're talking about my LIFE here, and you
have to be vague and use guesswork? HAVE YOU NO SHAME? WELL, HAVE YOU?

>A baby conceived by VALIS, consisting of
>VALIS.

The interesting fact here is that "valis" is an anagram of Silva, and I've
never known anyone named Silva in my life. Coincidence? I think not,
therefore BEABLE.

>And the baby brought down the ruler of the Black Iron Prison,
>who was Richard M. Nixon, who was Ferris F. Fremont.

"Black Iron Prison" and "Ferris F Fremont" both sound like good names for a
band.

>Nixon resigned shortly after your birth.

Well, it was rather hard on the fellow. 14 hours of contractions and all
that.

> The baby, though- who was called Mini- the
>baby died. So the only explanation was that you died as well, from
>exposure, of the indecent kind, because you refused to wear pants.

I'm... I'm shocked. You mean I'm not alive? Does this mean I can collect my
life insurance?

>And the only reason you're typing to us now is because VALIS has
>hooked itself up to the Internet somehow.

And what about Silva? Where does she fit in?

> Riboflavin, riboflavin is
>found abundantly in breakfast cereals- breakfast cereals like, for
>instance, Corn Chex.

And Riboflavin is good for you.

>You can't find croutons because you don't put
>croutons in cereal.

That's not true! I always put croutons in my cereal. In fact, I've had a
bowl of croutons and milk for breakfast INSTEAD of CEREAL. But kids, don't
try this at home. Go to a friend's house first.

>So the obvious answer is that the only way we can
>bring VALIS back to end the evil empire once and for all is to eat
>lots of cereal.

Riboflavin is not found only in cereal. Riboflavin is found in many places.
Riboflavin is good for you.

>Except Special K. Special K is nasty stuff.

Sounds like a name I'd use if I was a secret agent.

"They call me K. Special K. Got any croutons?"
--
Kevin Allegood ri...@mindspring.com
"THE LOVE OF JESUS, INSCRUTABLE LOGIC ENGINE" - MegaHal

Tlerll

Dec 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/23/97

In article <677br9$k7p$1...@newbabylon.rs.itd.umich.edu>,
Thomas R Scudder <tom...@pacman.rs.itd.umich.edu> wrote:
>Chris (CWI...@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU) aseioniezi:
>: "Riboflavin" <ri...@mindspring.com> writes:
>: >On January 1st, 2000, I predict approximately 5000 deaths from people
>: >getting fed up with arguments over whether the millenium starts in 2000 or
>: >2001.
>: Well then I guess it's safe to start the voting now....
>: I say the year 2000 is part of the 2000s just like 1990 was part
>: of the 1990s. Seems so simple when you think about it.
>
>As the duly appointed representative of the 1860s, I hereby declare that
>we, the eighteen-fixtief, do hereby annex the year MM to our Noble Decade.

I've heard in the year two thousand the year 2000 along with the bug in
intel's new septium chip will cause an error in the voting computers, causing
Ross Perot to be elected "GRAND PROLETARIAT" of the newly created "PEOPLE'S
SOCIALIST FEDERALIST POPULIST REPUBLIC OF THE PEOPLE'S UNION OF AMERICA".

Has anyone else heard this rumour?

--
Tlerll, Lord of alt.os.tlerll, High Priest of the Kirk of Tolkienology
CEO & Chairman, BozoNews Enterprises

John Hopkins

Dec 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/23/97

Tlerll wrote:

> I've heard in the year two thousand the year 2000 along with the bug in
> intel's new septium chip will cause an error in the voting computers, causing
> Ross Perot to be elected "GRAND PROLETARIAT" of the newly created "PEOPLE'S
> SOCIALIST FEDERALIST POPULIST REPUBLIC OF THE PEOPLE'S UNION OF AMERICA".
>
> Has anyone else heard this rumour?

Yes, just now. I can't give it any credence, however, since it already
has Chronicles I & II.

Yers,
John

Tlerll

Dec 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/24/97

In article <neurodance...@BIX.com>,
neurodancer on BIX <neuro...@BIX.com> wrote:
>b...@world.std.com (Brian "JARAI" Chase) writes:
>~ What about the Knight Rider episodes with Michael's evil twin brother,
>~ Garthe, and the big black semi-truck, Golaith? Shouldn't they be
>~ considering seperate and special from the other episodes? I'd also
>~ classify them as a 1.5 on the open-ended bozosity scale.
>
>the best thing about those episodes? how you could tell Garth was the
>evil twin because he had a mustache! and how, even though Garth was
>supposedly a genius, he couldn't design a Goliath truck that didn't
>have a nice weak spot.

Pfff. Always the way, innit? The Evil Genius is beaten by the Good guy who
has a somewhere around average intelligence. Oh yeah, he wins because he
"has a big heart". The Evil Genius makes some flaw that lets that bleeding
heart goody-goody GOOD guy win. Like that ever happens.

TV IS PREJUDICED AGAINST EVIL GENIUSES!!! BOYCOTT PREJUDICE ON TV!!!

I HAVE A DREAM!! PEOPLE WILL BE NO LONGER JUDGED BY THEIR GOODNESS OR EVILNESS,
BUT BY....uhhh.....SOMETHING!!!

The Philosopher from Hell

Dec 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/24/97

Quotes are entirely fictional, and not based on real people including guru cuthulu <cut...@prysm.net>. Articles crossposted with alt.books.phil-k-dick may contain vulgar language and should not be read by anyone:
@ Thus Spake support the smith bill from Zippo News Service
@ [http://www.zippo.com]:

@ ~ VALIS has
@ ~ hooked itself up to the Internet somehow.

@ I wonder if Valis has been flamed and spammed yet.

Actually, the Hello Kitty Cabal has been given control over VALIS
(It is an acronym everyone! Spell it write! in ALL CAPS!!!!).

We are reprogramming it's arsonelle to be used as a tool against spam.
We need to tone down the lasers a bit though, can't have those spamming
<insert explicative here> dieing quickly now can we? :)

is two weeks too quick for Standford? Better make it a month.

/^\_(>o<)
| |
| O . O | -Niao!
\_______/

(btw, PKD didn't exactly see God, he saw a Pink laser (probably used
for divine telecomunications))

Now, what does this have to do with Frank Zappa?

--
\ tp...@io.com news:alt.fan.richard-nixon http://www.io.com/~tpfh/
/ O- Hello Kitty says Fight Spam! http://spam.abuse.net/
\ Psychic cat predicts future: Only 666 shopping days till Armageddon /
/ /
\ >Santa Ho ho ho. We meet again, Jesus.... --Southpark /
/ >Jesus I'm here to put an end to your blasphemy. /
\ >Santa This time we finish it. [stands] There can be only one. /
/ /
\ Was 666! Now only 4.95! Markdown of the Beast!! -- Froggy \
/ Yes I crosspost everything to alt.fan.richard-nixon, please keep \
\ it in followups or mouthless cats will drag you away screaming. \
/ Kook. *plonk* Meow. -- the sound of Fluffy chasing dinner? /
\ Please excuse the length of my .sig as I've contracted Warlock's /
/ disease. To help find a cure, Send donations to TPFH, PO Box..../
"Know what I'd like to buy? VIDEOS of EMAIL SPAMMERS being
launched with AIR CANNONS into PILES OF RUSTY BARBED WIRE!"
Bulk email is bad business. I don't purchase from email spammers.

Andy Wing

Dec 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/26/97

In article <67nqoj$d...@camel12.mindspring.com>,

"Riboflavin" <ri...@mindspring.com> wrote:
>The interesting fact here is that "valis" is an anagram of Silva, and I've
>never known anyone named Silva in my life. Coincidence? I think not,
>therefore BEABLE.

VALIS is Kibonics for VULIS.

>Riboflavin is not found only in cereal. Riboflavin is found in many places.
>Riboflavin is good for you.

We already had the discussion about Kiboflavin back in April(?)

>>Except Special K. Special K is nasty stuff.

I think Kibo named it in a "Letter to Kellogs"
--
Politics is not the art of persuasion, it's the science of selfishness.
"Speeding down the misinformation superhighway"

James Kibo Parry

Dec 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/27/97

Andy Wing wrote:

> "Riboflavin" <ri...@mindspring.com> wrote:
> >
> > The interesting fact here is that "valis" is an anagram of Silva, and I've
> > never known anyone named Silva in my life. Coincidence? I think not,
> > therefore BEABLE.
>
> VALIS is Kibonics for VULIS.
>
> > Riboflavin is not found only in cereal. Riboflavin is found in many places.
> > Riboflavin is good for you.
>
> We already had the discussion about Kiboflavin back in April(?)
>
> [someone said]

> > > Except Special K. Special K is nasty stuff.
>
> I think Kibo named it in a "Letter to Kellogs"

By popular inquest... excerpts from some (not all) of the older mentions
of Kiboflavin and/or Special K from the archive.

-- K.
If you're good I'll
include all the KibOs ads.

And I will not bothed
dredging up and of the
posts about "Kibonics"
from last year.

From: las...@watsun.cc.columbia.edu (Charles Lasner)
Subject: Re: Proper pronunciation of 'Kibo' IN BED
Newsgroups: alt.folklore.computers, alt.religion.kibology,
alt.folklore.urban, alt.buddha.short.fat.guy
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1992 03:30:26 GMT

pech...@sal-sun24.usc.edu (The Heckler) writes:

> the heckler (Is "Cthibo" taken?)

Why, is Kibo Kosher? (Can you make Kibo Brei?) (Does it contain Vitamin B2 aka
Kiboflavin?)

obKosherUL: the O in KIBO has a U inside of it. (And you can guess what the
K means.)

CJ "What bo is the Cthibo (or the Kibo) connected to" l

From: kl...@egr.msu.edu (Jeffrey Klein)
Subject: Re: Posting
Newsgroups: alt.religion.kibology, alt.lemurs
Date: 11 Aug 1993 23:39:10 GMT

ki...@world.std.com (James "Kibo" Parry) writes:

> And now, a word about nutrition. NIACIN!!!!!
> -- K.

If Kibo were a sugary snack cake it would be enriched
with NIACIN and KIBOFLAVIN.

-Jeff

From: a...@yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au (Andrew Bulhak)
Subject: Re: giggle!
Newsgroups: alt.religion.kibology
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 1993 22:35:43 GMT

GWAL...@DELPHI.COM (gwal...@news.delphi.com) wrote:
:
: You are ALLOWED, if you feel allowed to be allowed.
: Otherwise, you are not allowed.
: Kiboflavin, the new vitamin discovered at the new
: Foundation for Enlightenment by Hallucinations (FEH!)

Ah, yes. The kiboflavin molecule is the only molecule whose topology
is that of a kiboctahedron.

[...]

From: bto...@crl.com (Bruce Tomlin)
Subject: Re: TrippyMUSH?
Newsgroups: alt.fan.warlord, alt.religion.kibology
Date: 29 Aug 1994 06:38:20 -0700

spideir (tga...@charlie.usd.edu) wrote in rec.games.mud.tiny:

> Anyonw know where TrippyMUSH went? I knew they were going to another
> "temporary" site, but didn't get the loc written down. . . .
>
> *===*===*===*===*===*===*===*===*===*===*===*===*===*===*===*===*===*===*
> | Thomas C. Gannon | tga...@charlie.usd.edu | U of SoDak (Vermillion) |
> * ------------------------------- _-^-_ ------------------------------- *
> | "--If I decide to practice a / o )=\ slight movement from right |
> * to left . . . or from left { /===} to right . . . it's *
> | nobody's business but my \ (=o=/ own." (_A_Day_for_Eeyore_) |
> *===*===*===*===*===*===*===*===* ^-_=^ *===*===*===*===*===*===*===*===*

I don't know where TrippyMUSH is, but it looks like I just found TrippySIG!

I can't make any sense out of that quote. I mean, he took the time to
break it into two columns to make it more typographically readable, but
it's just word salad when I try to read it. But it's so k00l I put it
into my .sig anyhow.

What's that thing in the middle, a time cookie? Does it have lots of
vitamins like timeamin and kiboflavin if you eat it?

And why has he put his Christmas lights up already? It's still four
months away!

--
"--If I decide to practice a to left . . . or from left nobody's business but
my slight movement from right to right . . . it's own." (_A_Day_for_Eeyore_)

From: ki...@world.std.com (James "Kibo" Parry)
Subject: Re: Polls, polls, polls
Newsgroups: alt.religion.kibology, alt.licker.store
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1992 05:55:39 GMT

[alt.licker.store][?]
fran...@helium.gas.uug.arizona.edu (Ryan J Franklin ) writes:
> cor...@helium.gas.uug.arizona.edu (Jason D Corley ) writes:
> > od...@lobster.gsfc.nasa.gov (Orin Day) writes:
> > > And Rob and I know the only basketball "poll" you can trust is Coach K.
> >
> > Coach K?????? He must mean Leader Kibo!
> >
> > Leader Kibo (19??-14??), DIALECTICAL MATERIALISM!ist philosopher,
>
> [list of Kibo's scintillating accomplishments deleted, including some
> weird subliminal stuff about gerbils and duct tape]

The subliminal stuff was NOT deleted, as is obvious to SOME OF US.

> Kibo's not coaching this year, it cuts into his gambling. Something about
> a rulebook, I think.

No, it's because one of the players on the team has cooties. And
everyone knows you can get them just by being within the same building
as someone who's jumping up and down, shedding cooties...

> ....and that would make the President....who? Not The Special K himself,
> I trust. He's got enough problems, what with the moldy Twinkies(tm) and
> Spam...er....moldy Spam and Twinkies(tm) arriving by the truckload. Did
> you know he has to shake each and every can individually to see if it
> makes the proper noise?

There is no proper noise. Every one makes a different noise.

-- K.

From: ki...@world.std.com (James "Kibo" Parry)
Subject: Re: How you know you're in a 70's movie
Newsgroups: alt.religion.kibology
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1993 00:45:40 GMT

[...]

(as Charlton Heston)
SPECIAL K IS MADE OF KIBO!!!!!!!!!!

From: call...@condor.cs.jhu.edu (Paul Callahan)
Subject: Re: ALIEN K KONSPIRACY
Newsgroups: alt.fan.keegan, alt.religion.kibology,
alt.conspiracy, rec.org.mensa
Date: 4 May 1994 08:29:30 -0400

sma...@netcom.com (Steve Mayer) writes:

> brent jackson (b...@cs.brown.edu) wrote:
> :
> : if i were you, i'd be worried about circle-k. they are selling TONS of
> : zima at LOW LOW discount prices. this is obviously a conspiracy to
> : corrupt the minds of american college students, computer programmers,
> : and fans of "babylon 5". boycott circle-k before its too late! store 24
> : is your only hope! repent or DIE!
>
> You misspelled "Special K."

Shouldn't that be Spatial K?
--
Paul Callahan
call...@biffvm.cs.jhu.edu

[alas, the 1990 post to which this refers is not archived that I know of]

From: ki...@world.std.com (James 'Kibo' Parry)
Subject: Re: Cereal Of the Year Nominations
Newsgroups: talk.bizarre, alt.religion.kibology
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1991 01:23:54 GMT

a...@itl.itd.umich.edu (Arthur Delano) writes:

> My nomination for bizarre cereal is the Prince of Theives cereal.

No! KibOs!
======

Last year's version of KibOs were shapped like little Kibos doing
various things (posting news, designing fonts, buying Dr Pepper with
buckets of pennies, and marketing cereal.) But, this year, they're
BETTER. Now KibOs are shaped just like the KibOs package itself!

And the cereal package is an innovative postmodern design--it's all
golden-brown paper, unprinted, with the logo embossed onto it--to make
the package look like a giant KibO! The cereal is COMPLETELY
SELF-REFERENTIAL!

The cereal even TASTES just like the box!

-- K.

From: ki...@world.std.com (James "Kibo" Parry)
Subject: Re: Ticketing illegal cycling (was Re: Bikes and sidewalks)
Newsgroups: alt.religion.kibology, alt.fan.warlord
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1992 04:55:26 GMT

In <1992Sep28.1...@daimi.aau.dk> rors...@daimi.aau.dk (Jesper Lauridsen) writes:
>--
>This sig is smaller than Kibos

Do you mean Original KibOs(TM), Honey Peanut-Butter KibOs(TM), or Ham 'N' Egg
Artificially Flavored KibOs(TM)? Of course, all three varieties of
KibOs(TM) are a wonderful, crunchy part of this complete breakfast:
apples, blintzes, clamato juice, dextrose, egg salad, fried chicken, grape
juice, hot dogs, ice cream, jam, KibOs(TM), lemon peel extract, mica, nougat,
okra with fur and slime left on, pork chops, quinine water, rutabagas,
spamato juice, turtle soup, udon, vidalia onions, watercress, xylitol,
yellow peppers, and zucchini.

-- K.

What about Avocado Green And Havest Golden Flavored Popcorn KibOs(TM) from KFK?
Kibo, 30 September '92

Lutefisk KibOs(TM) With Cheez 'N' Whiz(TM).
Kibo, 13 December '92

...nearly-kosher tofu, and dog.
Kibo, 16 December '92

From: ki...@world.std.com (James "Kibo" Parry)
Newsgroups: alt.religion.kibology
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1992 05:05:06 GMT

dat...@ddsw1.mcs.com (DWT) writes:

> ki...@world.std.com (James "Kibo" Parry) wrote :
> |
> | rors...@daimi.aau.dk (Jesper Lauridsen) writes:
> | > --
> | > This sig is smaller than Kibos
> |
> | Do you mean Original KibOs(TM), Honey Peanut-Butter KibOs(TM), or
> | Ham 'N' Egg Artificially Flavored KibOs(TM)?
>
> I'm pretty sure that Jesper was thinking of Tuna-Noodle Surprise KibOs(TM).

What about Avocado Green And Havest Golden Flavored Popcorn KibOs(TM)
from KFK? ONLY for a LIMITED time ONLY, TEMPORARILY!

-- K.
Not drinking Tsing-Tao,
unlike Harrison Ford.

Leah Verre

Dec 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/29/97

support the smith bill <unava...@this.time> wrote in article
<349dff8d...@news.zippo.com>...
> On 16 Dec 1997 19:46:16 GMT, "Leah Verre"
> <leahv.ba...@badaddress.humongous.com> wrote:
>

> >> ant (weasels ripped my flesh)
> >
> >Do you think Frank Zappa was a kibologist?
> >
> >Kibologists have always understood the importance and mandatory
irrelevence
> >of Conceptual Continuity.
> >If it's funny once ... it's funny ALL OVER YOUR SCREEEEN!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Well, they both _did_ smoke a lot of weed....

I've tried sitting on my hands (IYKWIM) to keep from replying, but I just
can't stop myself from correcting people when they talk about Frank doing
drugs. Not only did he not do them, but he was avidly against them.
It might change your opinion (whatever it be) of Frank when you know this.

Riboflavin

Dec 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/29/97