Flo & Eddie.....................

The old geezer

Jan 9, 2009, 7:45:59 AM1/9/09
...........it's been quite some while since there has been any
discussion about
the Flo & Eddie daze in this newsgroup! Do you like my new
car???????????

TOG

eelco janzen

Jan 9, 2009, 7:55:09 AM1/9/09
"they were great, they even sang in Dutch !!!!
("geef mij wat vloerbedekking onder deze vette zwevende sofa")
-- My first Zappa experience, in the Amsterdam Concertgebouw, December
6, 1970 !!!" said the old man....

Jawaka

Jan 9, 2009, 8:53:48 AM1/9/09

I've got Beat The Boots II: Tengo Na Minchia Tanta in the car changer
(how 90's) right now. On shuffle with Motown, Jack Bruce, Rahsaan
Roland Kirk, and Jethro Tull. Enjoying it, especially the Flo & Eddie
vocal version of Holiday in Berlin.

pbuzb...@yahoo.com

Jan 9, 2009, 9:56:28 AM1/9/09
There's been some talk of them on DIME since a previously uncirculated
recording from 11-15-70 in Gorham, ME showed up there.

Pat Buzby
Chicago, IL

Milhouse G

Jan 9, 2009, 10:04:10 AM1/9/09
pbuzb...@yahoo.com wrote:
> There's been some talk of them on DIME since a previously uncirculated
> recording from 11-15-70 in Gorham, ME showed up there.

I actually downloaded the torrent on a dialup connection, if you can
imagine that shit. The track list contained in the text file was
incomplete and contained a few wrong titles, one of them hilarious --
"Tina's Dimension", anyone?

--
Milhouse

Charles Ulrich

Jan 9, 2009, 6:45:31 PM1/9/09
In article <6sp7bgF...@mid.individual.net>,
Milhouse G <milhouse_...@derekmarvelli.org> wrote:

Colony Vegetable.

The old geezer

Aug 14, 2020, 4:59:23 PM8/14/20
They “stretch”........in all the right places!!!!!

Snork

Aug 30, 2020, 12:49:52 PM8/30/20
On Friday, August 14, 2020 at 1:59:23 PM UTC-7, The old geezer wrote:
> They “stretch”........in all the right places!!!!!
I just watched a documentary on the Turtles on YouTube. Guess I hadn't realized it but Mark and Howard were fairly wacky and zany before they ever joined forces with Frank. I understand they were given credit for "special material" on Philmoar 1917 but now that I review all of this it seems their impact on that particular ragtag assemblage of teenage note mashers was more than I had previously thought.