"Zappa" trailer, poster and info

Bice

Oct 29, 2020, 7:05:41 AM10/29/20

This was posted over on rec.arts.movies.current-films:

From ComingSoon.net ...

Magnolia unveils trailer, poster & release of Alex Winter's Zappa
Magnolia Pictures has unveiled the first trailer, poster and
November release date for the upcoming documentary Zappa centered
on the eponymous singer-songwriter helmed by Alex Winter (Bill &
Ted Face the Music), which was originally set to make its world
premiere at this year's South by Southwest. The trailer can be
viewed in the player below!

Trailer: (2mins 17secs)
<https://youtu.be/U4F0rT0F6OQ>

Poster:

<https://www.comingsoon.net/assets/uploads/2020/10/ZappaMovie_KeyArt_FNL-768x1138.jpg>

With unfettered access to the Zappa family trust and all archival
footage, Zappa explores the private life behind the mammoth
musical career that never shied away from the political turbulence
of its time. Alex Winter's assembly features appearances by
Frank's widow Gail Zappa and several of Frank's musical
collaborators including Mike Keneally, Ian Underwood, Steve Vai,
Pamela Des Barres, Bunk Gardner, David Harrington, Scott Thunes,
Ruth Underwood, Ray White and others.

"It seemed striking to me and producer Glen Zipper that there had
yet to be a definitive, all-access documentary on the life and
times of Frank Zappa," Winter said in a statement. "We set out to
make that film, to tell a story that is not a music doc, or a
conventional biopic, but the dramatic saga of a great American
artist and thinker; a film that would set out to convey the scope
of Zappa's prodigious and varied creative output, and the breadth
of his extraordinary personal and political life. First and
foremost, I wanted to make a very human, universal cinematic
experience about an extraordinary individual.

"What helped make this vision possible was Gail Zappa granting us
exclusive access to Zappa's vault; a vast collection of his
unreleased music, movies, incomplete projects, unseen interviews
and unheard concert recordings," Winter continued. "With this
wealth of material, and the minimal addition of present-day
interviews with Frank's closest friends and musical collaborators,
we built a narrative that is both intimate and epic in scope."

Zappa is set to hit select theaters for a one-night-only special
event on November 23 followed by a digital and VOD release on
November 27.

<https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/trailers/1153385-magnolia-unveils-trailer-poster-release-of-alex-winters-zappa>

doo...@mail.com

Nov 5, 2020, 1:00:23 PM11/5/20