The Emmanuelle Béart picture of the week- 11 January 2004

1 view

Eugene A. Calame

Jan 12, 2004, 10:43:45 AM1/12/04

The Emmanuelle Béart picture of the week is at
http://home.grandecom.net/~eacalame/emmanuelle.html

The joke.

On a tour of Australia, the Pope took a few days off to visit the coast
for some sightseeing. He was cruising along the beach in the Pope-mobile
when there was a frantic commotion just off shore. A helpless man, wearing
an English rugby jersey, was struggling frantically to free himself from
the jaws of a 25 foot white pointer shark.

As the Pope watched in horror, a speedboat pulled up with three men
wearing Australian rugby jerseys. One quickly fired a harpoon into the
shark's side while the other two reached out and pulled the blue
semiconscious English fan from the water. Then, using long clubs, the
three beat the shark to death and hauled it into the boat.

Immediately the Pope shouted and summoned them to him. "I give you my
blessing for your brave actions. I heard that there was bitter hatred
between Australian and English rugby fans, but now I have seen with my own
eyes that this is not true. Bless you my sons."

As the Pope drove off, the Aussie harpooner asked his mates, "Who was
that?"

"It was the Pope" one replied. "He's in direct contact with God and has
access to all of God's wisdom."

"Well" the harpooner said, "he may have access to God and his wisdom, but
he doesn't know shit about shark fishing. Is the bait holding up OK or do
we need to get another one?"

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

--
Eugene A. Calame eaca...@excite.com
Austin, Texas USA

Want to try something new? Try alt.misc.friends

George J Bateman

Jan 16, 2004, 5:38:47 PM1/16/04
Link refuses to work.

"Eugene A. Calame" <eaca...@excite.com> wrote in message

marika

Mar 18, 2008, 6:53:00 PM3/18/08
One of Mary's sisters lives near St John's bayou,

this is a nice neighborhood with rows and rows of houses that are
interesting architecturally inside and out.

The picture only shows the edge of the bayou. You'd think it was very
uninhabited.
It's very inhabited.
The houses are very close together and they have all sorts of accomodations
to them, to deal with the space issues. On some floors, the bedrooms and
living rooms and kitchens are all adjoining, not like today's modern
suburban house.

We spent the evening on the deck, watching the bayou and the sunset.
Most pleasant

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayou_St._John

"George J Bateman" <george....@ntlworld.com> wrote in message