nick Re: the 67

marika

Mar 25, 2008, 7:21:41 PM3/25/08
This is what he offered, geez only 4 months til he died and he wants to
expend valuable energy on toting my crap out of the house.
what a nut, as he would say

12/06

is there anything i can do to help you during this transition?
cleanup,logistics,repairs,truck??
i am in roanoke all this week
i will be pleasured to assist you in any way.

"marika" <marik...@gmail.com> wrote in message news:...
> When I moved to dc the relocation company took care of all the moving
>
> I saw 2 realtors before I hired one, and per contract I had to see
> 2. So I relied ly on them to suggest what I had to do in order
> to list.
>
> I needed to cart away some of the furniture that people had thrown
> away in my house like old sofas for instance.
>
> I wondred if my friends knew someone who carts crap, that would be nice.
> Or some
> stupid teenagers who want a ratty sofa or table for free
>
> I managed to clean everything that I could see. I ws sure there was
> more. I asked the realtor to suggest a clean up crew after move out.
>
> Since I hadn't been in the house for 4 years, lots of maintenance
> things needed to be done, but with my short time , I
> asked the realtor about their willingness to do this as well.
>
> Nick wanted to help me with everything I told him Your most important job
> right now is to listen to me complain.
>
> the buyer bought the house as is with all the crap and we never had to
> offload anything
>
> other people I know didn't have my good luck

marika

Mar 25, 2008, 7:43:40 PM3/25/08
Impressions I then conveyed to Nick

First real estatenik

On time, maybe 5 minutes early.
Younger, maybe 40 years old, nicely dressed, glamorous, been in
Roanoke for 13 years. From California
Asked me what I do after hours. I told her about the poetry slam.
She seemed genuinely interested. She didn't attempt to tell me
anything about herself, except for after having heard the bit about
poetry, dubbed herself creative but without revealing any particular
line of interest. Was charmed by the magnetic poetry kit. I can't
peel it off because it takes the paint. DOH!@
She is sweet, knew 2 of 6 of the potential appraisers. Advice given
-- need to have a yard sale to get rid of "stuff".
I am morally opposed to yard sales. If you don't need it you ought to
give it away.
If no one needs it for free it should be sold?
Didn't ask me what kind of money I wanted.
She couldn't work her digital camera, had to call the office to have
her explain what was wrong with it.
Told me she would get back to me with comps by Monday.

Second real estatenik

The other lady was about 60 maybe more. Dressed nicely,
professionally, could be anyone's grandma. She was an itty bitty
late, maybe 5-10
She looked at the house, did her shtick.
When she sat down, she made sure to sit closely. Or else I did, hard
to say. She told me she grew up in Covington, moevd to Roanoke when
the kids were young, husband was a car salesman, now deceased. Got
her license at his urging in her 30s, after telling him she couldn't
watch another soap opera. Told me that there wasn't much I needed to
do to make the house saleable because young couples have the time and
energy to do cosmetic repairs. They want the house to look like their
own so painting and etc does not bring a return on investment.
The word church was used once.
She said the real estate market is slow, duh I am watching the news as I
type this and they just announced an 11 percent downturn. This was a year
earlier 14 months actually, can you imagine how bad it was then if they had
downturn and we just posted new unprecedented 11 percent downturn on
housing starts

and she told me that most Roanokers are
going for the more expensive macmansion type homes so I have great
competition for my property, that is to say, mine wasn't it was a utlitarian
next to good schools central location for starer homes house that was
affordable more so than mcmansions

especially hard to market in winter.
All this we knew when purchased.
She acknowledged that the sale will probably go to young family with
kids with eye on education and location -- young mom's appreciate
being near Green Valley and later, to the HS.
This is why we bought it, knowing this and knowing that no matter
what, it would hold value for this one criterion.
She knew and quoted my tax appraised value to help establish what the
likely price would be.
She will have the comps ready on Friday.

\

I will still wait for the comps to see who I list with.
But , grandma was in the lead, was edging ahead. and won

marika

Mar 25, 2008, 9:04:05 PM3/25/08
You know what I did - I left everything I didn't want in the house and told
the realtor that if necessary we would cart it out and pay for it if the new
person didn't want it. The new guy didn't blink an eye. My neighbors say
he has already torn the entire house up and is ecstatically rehabbing it.
I am so happy. In fact, I get the feeling that if Larry were still in town,
he'd a loved him too. Means nothing to me