Homo Elton John tells Ed Sheeran his fame won't last and he's sick of his music

Jimmy Mueller

May 19, 2018, 3:40:26 AM5/19/18
Sir Elton John said he gave pop star Ed Sheeran some advice, namely that
the young singer's popularity would not last and that he should take a
break from music because he was “sick” of him.

The “Rocketman” singer, 71, told George Ezra on his podcast that he became
close with countryman Sheeran and was a mentor to him throughout his
career, but warned him that not all of his songs will be chart toppers,
NME reported.

“You have a heyday and you have a rest, and the heyday can never be
replaced,” John said reflecting on his own career.

“After that I had the common sense to know I’m not going to have a number
one every time straight away. I knew someone else would take over. It’s
cyclical,” he continued.

“Ed will go through that and I’ve talked to him about it,” the crooner
said. “I’ve said, ‘There’ll come a time where this won’t happen every time
and you have to accept that.’”

The “Tiny Dancer” singer said he was confused to see Sheeran’s album and
hit song “Shape Of You” were still popular in the U.S. despite it being
released months ago.

“On the [American radio] chart, which is the middle-of-the-road chart, Ed
is still No.1 and Shape Of You is still in the chart,” John said.

“It’s like, ‘Why?” How many times do you want to listen to these things?”

John said he encouraged Sheeran to take a break between the release of his
second and third album.

“He was so omnipresent I said, ‘Ed, even I’m sick of you. Go away.’ And he
did. He just went to the Far East with his girlfriend, had a great time,
put on a lot of weight, ate food and came back,” he said.

John mentioned his farewell tour and was adamant that the concerts that
run until 2020 will be the end.

“I’m not Cher,” referring to the singer’s multiple farewell tours. “This
is the end.”

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/05/09/elton-john-tells-ed-
sheeran-his-fame-wont-last-and-hes-sick-his-
music.html?intcmp=ob_article_footer_text&intcmp=obnetwork

johnny-knowall

May 19, 2018, 4:05:03 AM5/19/18
On 19 May 2018, Jimmy Mueller wrote
(in article <XnsA8E76D...@0.0.0.1>):

> Sir Elton John said he gave pop star Ed Sheeran some advice, namely that
> the young singer's popularity would not last

In early 1964 my mother predicted that my latest music craze called The
Beatles would not last, and she confidently predicted that in 5 years’ time
no one would remember them.

Basil Jet

May 19, 2018, 4:17:18 AM5/19/18
On 2018\05\19 09:05, johnny-knowall wrote:

> In early 1964 my mother predicted that my latest music craze called The
> Beatles would not last, and she confidently predicted that in 5 years’ time
> no one would remember them.

Did she work for Decca?

johnny-knowall

May 19, 2018, 4:24:45 AM5/19/18
On 19 May 2018, Basil Jet wrote
(in article <pdomie$g8h$1...@dont-email.me>):
No. She just thought she knew it all.

Now you know where I get it from....

Bradley K. Sperman

May 19, 2018, 9:44:54 PM5/19/18
In article
<0001HW.20B016CC00...@news.giganews.com>
Where do we sign up to bet on sir boy-butt-bumper's demise from
AIDS?

Incubus

May 21, 2018, 4:43:10 AM5/21/18
You don't think you know it all, you are certain you know it all :P