Elton John - Rock Of The Westies (DTS 5.1 Surround CD) Download

paulguk

Apr 3, 2010, 5:09:41 AM4/3/10
I have converted Rock Of The Westies into Surround 5.1
DTS and you can download it
from the following Binary Newsgroups.

alt.binaries.multimedia.elton-john
alt.binaries.sounds.dts

or you can download it as a Torrent from the following location.

http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/2195033/14689749/

The file burns to a CD just like any music CD but you will need to be able
to decode DTS to listen to it. Below are full details.

Enjoy

Paulg

Music : Pop : Lossless
Created by paulguk
Music : Pop : Other quality

Elton John - Rock Of The Westies (DTS 5.1 Surround CD).

General Information
Type.................: Stereo To Surround Using Plogue Bidule and a High
Separation Conversion/Upmix Method
Title................: Rock Of The Westies
Artist...............: Elton John
Year.................: 1975
Genre................: Pop/Soundtrack
Type.................: Studio
Number of Songs......: 12

Audio Format.........: dts
Encoder..............: Surcode dts Encoder
Hz...................: 44,100
Channels.............: 5.1
Source...............: Lossless Files from The Stereo of the Retail CD

Notes

When Elton John went into the studio to record ROCK OF THE WESTIES, he did
it with a revamped line-up. Davey Johnstone and Ray Cooper stayed on while
Dee Murray and Nigel Olsson were replaced by Kenny Passarelli and Roger Pope
respectively. Also added to the band were old mate Caleb Quaye and
synthesizer player James Newton Howard, whose keyboard talents combined with
John's and considerably broadened the unit's sound. WESTIES found EJ
sounding revitalised after scoring seven consecutive top five hits in the
preceding two years (The tropical-flavoured "Island Girl" kept the streak
alive by ending up at number one).
With the Bernie Taupin/Elton John juggernaut creating up-tempo numbers such
as "Grow Some Funk Of Your Own" and "Street Kids", the new band played with
such magical synergy that even oddly titled numbers "I Feel Like A Bullet
(In The Gun Of Robert Ford)" and "Billy Bones And The White Bird" had their
own quirky appeal. Although most of this record is fairly obscure, ROCK OF
THE WESTIES is a sprightly collection often overshadowed amidst better-known
albums like TUMBLEWEED CONNECTION and HONKY CHATEAU.

Paulg note:

The UK and US versions of this album have different bonus tracks. I decided
to put the tracks from both releases on here.

TRACK 01 "Medley (Yell Help, Wednesday Night, Ugly)"
TRACK 02 "Dan Dare (Pilot Of The Future)"
TRACK 03 "Island Girl"
TRACK 04 "Grow Some Funk Of Your Own"
TRACK 05 "I Feel Like A Bullet (In The Gun Of Robert Ford)"
TRACK 06 "Street Kids"
TRACK 07 "Hard Luck Story"
TRACK 08 "Feed Me"
TRACK 09 "Billy Bones And The White Bird"

Bonus Tracks.

TRACK 10 "Don't Go Breaking My Heart (Duet with Kiki Dee)" (UK Bonus Track)
TRACK 11 "Planes" (US Bonus Track)TRACK
12 "Sugar On The Floor" (US Bonus Track)

Note: These tracks are remixed into surround 5.1 and encoded into DTS. They
can be played through a stand alone home theatre decoder capable of decoding
a DTS signal provided that the CD or DVD player is
connected digitally to the decoder using either a digital coaxial or digital
optical toslink cable. If the player is connected using analogue cables you
will only hear white noise and could damage your loudspeakers. These tracks
can also be played on computers with player programs like Foobar (with dts
plugin), KM Player, VLC Player, etc.

This download contains a DTS encoded WAV file of the entire album and a CUE
sheet to enable burning to CD with the correct track pointers.

Ensure both these files are downloaded to the same folder (create a folder
if you like) and DO NOT rename the files.

If you have a popular burning program such as Roxio or Nero installed it may
recognise the CUE file so just double click it to load and then burn to a
CD.

Alternatively, you can install the enclosed (Free) program "ImgBurn" and use
that.

Visit either of these websites if you're interested in creating your own
surround sound conversions:

http://www.surroundbyus.com

http://www.dtsac3.com

Enjoy.

Paulg

denyspr

Dec 25, 2021, 9:38:00 PM12/25/21
Please reup these 5.1 albums!
Thanks from Santos City, Brazil.
Denys P.R.
=============================

Tane Kelly

Oct 14, 2023, 10:11:27 PM10/14/23
Please reup the links would love to listen to this :)

Knoc Knoc

Nov 7, 2023, 5:51:43 AM11/7/23
On Sunday, October 15, 2023 at 3:11:27 AM UTC+1, Tane Kelly wrote:
> Please reup the links would love to listen to this :)
Hello Sir/Ma

Can I invest in your country through you?

I am an investor who is looking for a good company or any profitable investment projects in your country where he can invest with $450 Million.

Are you able to handle this investment? Please contact me for more details.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Dr.Si Woo Kim
Executive Consultant
On behalf of Mr. Dong Sub Kim
President/CEO
Korea National Oil Corporation - KNOC(Woo: 44538)
Jongga-ro 305, Jung-gu, Ulsan Ulsan 305
Republic of Korea
www.knoc.co.kr

한 국 석유 공사 (KNOC). 하나 이상의 첨부 파일을 포함하지 않을 수있는이 전자 메일은 기밀 사항이며 권한있는 정보를 포함 할 수 있습니다. 개인의 이름 만 사용하도록되어 있습니다. 지정된 수취인이 아닌 경우이 전자 메일을 보급, 배포 또는 복사 할 수 없습니다. 이 전자 메일을 실수로받은 경우 전자 메일을 통해 즉시 보낸 사람에게 알리고 이후 시스템에서삭제하십시E-mail Disclaimer Korea National Oil Corporation (KNOC). This email, which may include no, one or more attachments is strictly confidential and may contain privileged