WHO IS ALVIN TOSTIG?

gdp...@dmi.net

Mar 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/12/96
I'm sure this has been asked and answered a thousand times but I'm new to the group.

Who is Alvin Tostig?

An answer will solve one of life's great mysteries for me.

So as not to clutter the group with repeated answers, I can be written at GDP...@DMI.NET.

Thanks a heap.
Gordon Pratt

RedfieldP

Mar 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/14/96
Tostig is imaginary, and Ford is the man who killed jesse James and his
brother.

patrick

Sid Lipkin

Mar 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/15/96
On Wed, 13 Mar 1996 15:04:34 GMT, thuz...@expert.cc.purdue.edu (Todd
Uzzell) wrote:

>gdp...@dmi.net wrote:

. Also, who is Robert Ford?

Robert Ford shot Jesse James They were aparrently good friends at one
point and Ford set him up and shot him in the back for reward money ..
The song of course refers to the betrayl of such an act..

one of Elton and Bernies best...

Sid Lipkin

LZealand

Mar 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/15/96
Robert Ford is the guy who shot Jesse James.....but I have no clue about
Alvin Tostig!

Orion

Mar 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM3/15/96
In article <4ia9so$o...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, redf...@aol.comT
says...

Where did you hear that Alvin Tostig is imaginary?...its seems very
unlike Taupin to just make up a name like that, especially given the
context of the song.

Speaking of, what's the deal with that Rolling Stone review of
_Madman_ that was posted...Alec Dubro (reviewer) apparently doesn't
think very hard about lyrics! I *love* those lyrics...and I'd also
love to know who Alvin Tostig is too.

Steve

passion...@gmail.com

Nov 14, 2018, 4:17:07 PM11/14/18
Gitsotnivla
Git so tnivla
Dang!
I'm not the genius that busts the case!

keiths...@gmail.com

Apr 10, 2019, 7:28:23 PM4/10/19
Alvin Tostig is the father of Levon Tostig and the grandfather of Jesus Tostig.