Elton John played keyboards

Peter Thomas

Dec 30, 2000, 9:16:40 AM12/30/00
Hi,

Can anyone please help?

I saw Elton John play backing keyboards for a group on (I think) a Top
of the Pops type retrospective TV programme a few months ago.

Does anyone know which band Elton may have played keyboards for?
Possibly late 60's early 70's

Cheers

Peter

amor...@my-deja.com

Dec 30, 2000, 12:45:06 PM12/30/00
hi peter!!

i think that was "t-rex" singing "get it on"???!!!

-esther

In article <gcrr4t4ijbu16lgad...@4ax.com>,

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Peter Thomas

Dec 30, 2000, 1:03:57 PM12/30/00
On Sat, 30 Dec 2000 17:45:06 GMT, amor...@my-deja.com wrote:

Esther,

Many thanks

Peter

psmi...@my-deja.com

Dec 30, 2000, 3:49:16 PM12/30/00

It definately was T Rex

Elton also played a cameo part in the T Rex film " Born to Boogie "
back in 1972 or 3, he was great friends with Marc Bolan ( T Rex
leader ), "Teenage Idol" from "Don't Shoot Me I'm Only The Piano
Player" was a song dedicated to Marc Bolan.

Regards

Paul
Elton John Online
http://www.eltononline.co.uk non member site
http://communities.msn.co.uk/EltonJohnOnline free members site

litlgina

Dec 30, 2000, 4:12:54 PM12/30/00
It was 1972 :-)

Gina
www.eltonjohnfanatic.com

Paul RB

Jan 1, 2001, 9:12:25 PM1/1/01
You may have seen Elton playing with T-Rex on their hit Bang A Gong from around
1971

Paul RB

Jan 1, 2001, 9:12:38 PM1/1/01

auracent

Jan 2, 2001, 7:52:45 AM1/2/01
Yes and in that occasion i think there was a movie in which Elton John, Marc
Boland and Ringo Starr appear 2 mins together.

Luigi

CerinoS

Jan 3, 2001, 12:53:36 PM1/3/01
BlueSology
"Peter Thomas" <peter....@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

elo...@gmail.com

May 30, 2018, 2:20:56 PM5/30/18
It's "Bang a Gong" by T Rex.

jdluk...@gmail.com

Oct 3, 2018, 5:40:02 PM10/3/18
IT SURE LOOKS LIKE ELTON JOHN IN THE T REX VIDEO "GET IT ON"

jdluk...@gmail.com

Oct 3, 2018, 5:40:55 PM10/3/18
> IT SURE LOOKS LIKE ELTON JOHN IN THE T REX VIDEO "GET IT ON" 1971

jdluk...@gmail.com

Oct 3, 2018, 5:42:50 PM10/3/18

jdluk...@gmail.com

Oct 3, 2018, 5:43:18 PM10/3/18
> > IT SURE LOOKS LIKE ELTON JOHN IN THE T REX VIDEO "BANG A GONG" "GET IT ON" 1971

abcdav...@gmail.com

Oct 14, 2018, 12:57:46 PM10/14/18
Just found out Elton John on the mind the piano on the T-Rex song Bang a Gong get it on