Ex-Mrs. Taupin? Dee Murray's funeral?

Lisa Brown

Jan 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/21/99
Two questions: 1.) Anyone know whatever happened to Maxine Taupin?

2.) Did Elton go to Dee Murray's funeral ?

Thanks in advance.......

--
Lisa Brown
Give me the strength to change the things I can, the grace to accept

Waitman Hendershot

Jan 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/21/99
Lisa Brown wrote:

> Two questions: 1.) Anyone know whatever happened to Maxine Taupin?
>
> 2.) Did Elton go to Dee Murray's funeral ?

I don't know if Elton was able to attend the funeral, but he did do two
concerts too honor Dee, and gave the proceeds to Dee's widow. I have the
concerts on video, Dee's widow came up on stage and hugged Elton.

Waitman

KJakeESQ

Jan 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/21/99
Hey! When did Dee Murray die? How come I didn't hear about it? (I understand
not hearing it on Huntley-Brinkley, they're too busy with the impeachment thing
& all...but I've been reading posts since October, so did it happen several
months ago?)

Lisa Brown

Jan 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/21/99
Oh, gosh it was a while ago, maybe someone else will know the exact date. He died
of skin cancer. Made me terribly sad to hear it. Died in Tennesee I think....

KJakeESQ wrote:

The Avocado Avenger

Jan 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/21/99
Lisa Brown <li...@aspi.net> writes:

>Oh, gosh it was a while ago, maybe someone else will know the exact date. He died
>of skin cancer. Made me terribly sad to hear it. Died in Tennesee I think....

He died Jan 15, 1992. I found a nice Dee Murray tribute page at
members.aol.com/EJband/Dmurray.html
Because I don't have the best memory in the world, let me know if that's
not the right URL...

Stacia * The Avocado Avenger * Life is a tale told by an idiot;
http://www.io.com/~stacia/ * Full of sound and fury,
Remove the guacamole to reply! * Signifying nothing.

Deto...@hotmail.com

Jan 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/22/99
Maxine "ran off" with bassist Kenny Passarelli, who happened
to be one of Taupin's close "friends"-or so he assumed.

In article <36A7752C...@aspi.net>,

Lisa Brown <li...@aspi.net> wrote:
> Two questions: 1.) Anyone know whatever happened to Maxine Taupin?
>
> 2.) Did Elton go to Dee Murray's funeral ?
>

> Thanks in advance.......

> --
> Lisa Brown
> Give me the strength to change the things I can, the grace to accept
> the things I cannot, and a great big bag of money.

Arthur P.

Jan 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/22/99

This link is deader than Billy Joels career

Arthur :O)

Lizzieliz

Jan 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/22/99
>Maxine "ran off" with bassist Kenny Passarelli, who happened
>to be one of Taupin's close "friends"-or so he assumed.

Maxine is a "Bird Of Prey" ! At least thats who I assume he is refering to!!!
That song really stings! For those of you who don't have that cd here are the
words. As I said I am not exactly certain it is about Maxine, but it IS about
one of his exs and I always assumed it was her.

I opened up my veins and let you in
when I was fresh among the grass
just touched down in paradise
that's what they called this place back then

You were one more bird in training
learning how to swoop and kill
I was just another golden smile
another skinny little english thrill. ( LOL!! That line always makes me
laugh)

How do you sleep at night
whenever you hear my songs
Don't you know all the money in the world
won't keep you young, but anyway
Bird of Prey I'm Gonna shoot you down some day ( How do you sleep at night)
Bird of prey I'm gonna shoot you down someday

California calls and fools rush in
well I was wet behing the ears
like the headlight stuns the deer
like a buzzard blotting out the sun

You must have traded youth for gree
a wedding ring just hid the WHORE
that's all you were down deep inside
Just another vacant carnivore ( Bernie is really letting her have it here LOL!)

How do you sleep at night
Whenever you hear my songs
Don't you know all the money in the world
Won't keep you young, but anyway
Bird of prey I'm gonna shoot you down someday

Liz

'Cause I've been up all night looking at the big picture'

Lisa Brown

Jan 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/22/99
Wow, you're kidding!!!! I didn't know that!!! Kenny was pretty cute. But,
that was crappy. Wonder what she's doing now (besides kicking herself).

Deto...@hotmail.com wrote:

> Maxine "ran off" with bassist Kenny Passarelli, who happened
> to be one of Taupin's close "friends"-or so he assumed.

gene...@my-dejanews.com

Jan 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/23/99

> > He died Jan 15, 1992. I found a nice Dee Murray tribute page at
> > members.aol.com/EJband/Dmurray.html
> > Because I don't have the best memory in the world, let me know if that's
> > not the right URL...
> >
> > Stacia * The Avocado Avenger * Life is a tale told by an idiot;
> > http://www.io.com/~stacia/ * Full of sound and fury,
> > Remove the guacamole to reply! * Signifying nothing.
>
> This link is deader than Billy Joels career
>
> Arthur :O)

WHICH link is dead?

The Dee link mentioned here is just fine:

http://members.aol.com/EJBand/DMurray.html

There's another page at http://members.tripod.com/~longdancer/dee.html (a
Nigel Olsson site).

To answer the other part of the original question, NO, Elton did not attend
Dee's funeral. If he had done so, imagine the media circus it would have
become! (Davey, Nigel and Gus Dudgeon were all in attendance.) Elton very
generously donated the proceeds from 2 sold-out shows at the Grand Ole Opry
to Dee's widow and 3 children, and had helped Dee's family out the previous
Christmas.

--gen

The Avocado Avenger

Jan 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/23/99
gene...@my-dejanews.com writes:

>> > He died Jan 15, 1992. I found a nice Dee Murray tribute page at
>> > members.aol.com/EJband/Dmurray.html
>> > Because I don't have the best memory in the world, let me know if that's
>> > not the right URL...

>> This link is deader than Billy Joels career
>>
>> Arthur :O)

>WHICH link is dead?

>The Dee link mentioned here is just fine:

>http://members.aol.com/EJBand/DMurray.html

I'm sure Arthur was being his usual charming self.

>There's another page at http://members.tripod.com/~longdancer/dee.html (a
>Nigel Olsson site).

>To answer the other part of the original question, NO, Elton did not attend
>Dee's funeral. If he had done so, imagine the media circus it would have
>become! (Davey, Nigel and Gus Dudgeon were all in attendance.) Elton very
>generously donated the proceeds from 2 sold-out shows at the Grand Ole Opry
>to Dee's widow and 3 children, and had helped Dee's family out the previous
>Christmas.

That must be terrible, to not be able to attend a friends funeral. I
heard the press release Elton issued about Dee's death but never heard any
follow-up news about it, at the time.

t...@newtonnissan.com

May 30, 2016, 1:19:51 PM5/30/16
On Thursday, January 21, 1999 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-6, Waitman Hendershot wrote:
> Lisa Brown wrote:
> >
> > Two questions: 1.) Anyone know whatever happened to Maxine Taupin?
> >
> > 2.) Did Elton go to Dee Murray's funeral ?
> >
> I don't know if Elton was able to attend the funeral, but he did do two
> concerts too honor Dee, and gave the proceeds to Dee's widow. I have the
> concerts on video, Dee's widow came up on stage and hugged Elton.
>
> Waitman

Is there any way to get a copy of one of those shows? I was there, and would love to see them again.
t...@newtonnissan.com

face...@gmail.com

May 5, 2018, 10:38:38 AM5/5/18
No, as a close, personal friend of the family Elton did not attend the funeral. He was very generous to Maria Murray and the kids . Dee’s wife and Nigel’s wife were twin sisters. People seem to forget about Lisa Olsson. She was married to Nigel for 10 years and is the mother of his only son, Justin Olsson.

som...@gmail.com

Jun 14, 2018, 8:37:59 PM6/14/18
On Saturday, May 5, 2018 at 10:38:38 AM UTC-4, face...@gmail.com wrote:
> No, as a close, personal friend of the family Elton did not attend the funeral. He was very generous to Maria Murray and the kids . Dee’s wife and Nigel’s wife were twin sisters. People seem to forget about Lisa Olsson. She was married to Nigel for 10 years and is the mother of his only son, Justin Olsson.

I knew Maria and Lisa for about a year. I was managing when they both worked as cashiers at Sam Goody Records in Crabtree Valley Mall, probably 1980-81. This was around the time Lisa had met Nigel, who came into the store with her one night to everyone's delight. Not sure if they were married by then but Lisa had quit by that night. Maria left soon after and ended up marrying Dee. It is really sad what happened to the two of them. Alcohol is a hell of a drug and it killed Maria. I hope Lisa gets her life together one day.

bobbigilm...@gmail.com

Oct 23, 2019, 4:35:27 PM10/23/19
I went to high school with Lisa & Maria Gombatz.

marshalls...@gmail.com

Apr 3, 2020, 5:27:15 PM4/3/20
January 15th 1992 at Vanderbilt hospital in Nashville,Tn.

Alessandria J

Sep 30, 2021, 2:34:06 PM9/30/21
On Saturday, May 5, 2018 at 9:38:38 AM UTC-5, face...@gmail.com wrote:
> No, as a close, personal friend of the family Elton did not attend the funeral. He was very generous to Maria Murray and the kids . Dee’s wife and Nigel’s wife were twin sisters. People seem to forget about Lisa Olsson. She was married to Nigel for 10 years and is the mother of his only son, Justin Olsson.
I always wondered WHY? the split up between Nigel and Lisa. Although questioning other things as well, he meets the fat cat record producers 'princess' daughter in 1987 when he was still married, 2 yrs later divorced and in the same year, same month, same day, same moment???? gets married to the princess 16 yrs younger. He had a very pretty wife and ends up with ...................... SMH.