Ellen Degenerate: Publicity Hound - Rosie's dykes sure are dirty.....................................................

Doctor Zhivago

Oct 23, 2007, 11:20:58 AM10/23/07
Ellen sure backed down quickly. Was it the tape played on national TV
of her staff threatening the dog rescue organization?

Still doing your little lesbian victory dance at the start of your
show? What a sniveling coward loser you are.

Dykes sure are dirty. Dirty dykes.

Oct. 22, 2007, 6:16PM
DeGeneres should learn to obey rules

By KEN HOFFMAN
Copyright 2007 Houston Chronicle

Over the weekend, Ellen DeGeneres and Iggygate became less a
three-hanky shaggy-dog story and more an examination of America's
drunken stupor with celebrity, the power of Hollywood stardom — and
one star's possible abuse of power.

Unless you're a myopic news junkie who's concerned with Iraq and that
silly presidential campaign, the hot story last week was DeGeneres'
on-air sobbing meltdown over Iggy, a terrier mutt that she adopted
from a shelter, kept for 10 whole days, then gave away to her
hairdresser, who has two young daughters. She did this despite
agreeing to return the dog to the shelter if things didn't work out
with Iggy.

That's the rule when you adopt from this shelter. If you decide you
don't want to keep the dog, no problem — just return it to the shelter
and it'll find another home for the dog. What is so hard to understand
about this rule?

According to the shelter's attorney, the shelter actually tried to let
the hairdresser keep Iggy. The shelter asked the hairdresser to come
down and fill out the necessary paperwork. But the hairdresser refused
to follow the rules. So the shelter repossessed the dog and gave it to
a different family, one that filled out the paperwork and qualified to
adopt Iggy — a family that followed the rules.

Cue the tears. DeGeneres went on her enormously popular television
show, which pays her tens of millions of dollars a year, and wept like
a spoiled brat. If you listened closely, you heard her admit that she
broke the rules. But rules, shmules, when you're a celebrity. She said
that she had Iggy neutered and paid the veterinarian "extra money" so
Iggy could sleep in the vet's bed the night of his surgery instead of
a creepy cold kennel. DeGeneres also said she paid thousands more for
dog training. She said her hairdresser's young children became
attached to Iggy and love him very much.

So pretty, pretty please, could the shelter drop its silly rules and
let the hairdresser keep the dog?

Uh, no?

DeGeneres' scene created hysteria. The shelter was bombarded with
calls and e-mails from DeGeneres' fans. Included in the bombardment
were a couple of death and bomb threats, according to the shelter's
owners. DeGeneres came back on television and asked her fans to knock
off the blitz. Then she took off two days from her show, which only
served to stoke the controversy.

Now, I understand why companies give stacks of money to celebrities
for endorsements. A television star can sell a product — even when the
product, in the case of DeGeneres and Iggy, is breaking the rules.
Michael Jordan makes millions putting his name on basketball shoes
that will not help you play like Michael Jordan. Authors get on their
hands and knees and pray that Oprah Winfrey will select their book for
Oprah's Book Club. Every book Oprah recommends becomes a guaranteed
best-seller.

Oprah can sell the public on anything — except, according to the
polls, Barack Obama's candidacy to become president.

Over the weekend, it seemed every talk host and comedian had something
to say about DeGeneres and Iggygate. Howard Stern still was yipping
about DeGeneres on his Monday show, suggesting that she might not
deserve Dog Owner of the Year.

It was interesting how many commenters started their spiel with, "I
like Ellen, but ... "

It was interesting, too, how many dog lovers were turned off by
DeGeneres' sob story. HBO's Bill Maher really battered DeGeneres for
being selfish, then took it too far when he said all women should be
ashamed of her tantrum. Maher has pretty good credentials as a dog
lover. "I'm on the board of PETA," he said.

Bill O'Reilly had comedian Dennis Miller come on his show to talk
about DeGeneres. Miller also said he liked DeGeneres but admitted the
two haven't gotten along since he made an unkind joke about her many
years ago. Miller thought that DeGeneres should have tried to resolve
her Iggy problem privately but sided with the talk-show host, saying
her heart was in the right place.

O'Reilly also interviewed the lawyer who represents the animal
shelter. The lawyer said, several times, that the shelter would have
allowed DeGeneres' hairdresser to keep the dog — just come to the
shelter and fill out the necessary paperwork. The lawyer said the
hairdresser refused. So the shelter took back the dog.

The shelter's lawyer blamed the controversy on "Hollywood culture" and
DeGeneres' "arrogance."

The shelter believes that small dogs do better in homes without small
children. The hairdresser has two small children. Whether you agree
that small dogs don't get along with kids is a different matter.
That's the rule. DeGeneres agreed to the rule.

Then she disagreed — and sicced her fans on the shelter, which she
snooted "is not a home, is not a family." DeGeneres is not naïve. By
going public, particularly by crying, she knew her fans would go
ballistic on the shelter.

This is why she gets paid a fortune to host a TV show. This is why
companies throw money at her to advertise their products. She is very
likable and convincing. Fans lap up what she's selling.

I'm not buying. I'm a dog lover and, like the shelter, I'm in the
business of finding good homes for unwanted dogs. I run an "adopt a
dog" feature in the Houston Chronicle every Sunday.

So I'm a dog person. What I'm not is an expert in dog adoption. That's
why I simply drive customers into the animal shelter, but I let the
experts at Citizens for Animal Protection decide which family gets the
dog from the newspaper.

And I like Ellen, too, but she should have kept her mouth shut, her
tears to herself and, if she really, really loved Iggy, let the
shelter conduct its business and find the right home for Iggy.

Paying "extra" so a dog can sleep in the vet's bed and crying on TV
about poor little Iggy doesn't make you an animal lover. It makes you
a publicity hound.

Publicity hounds don't make good pets.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/life/hoffman/5236018.html

Terry Lomax

Oct 23, 2007, 4:28:33 PM10/23/07
On Oct 23, 10:20 am, Doctor Zhivago <Zhiv...@zed.nul> wrote:

> It was interesting, too, how many dog lovers were turned off by
> DeGeneres' sob story. HBO's Bill Maher really battered DeGeneres for
> being selfish, then took it too far when he said all women should be
> ashamed of her tantrum. Maher has pretty good credentials as a dog
> lover. "I'm on the board of PETA," he said.

PETA is more abusive to dogs than any other organization on the face
of the earth, therefore Maher is an animal abuser.

Fact: PETA regularly goes to shelters and LIES to the shelter staff,
saying they've found homes for the dogs, then PETA murders all the
dogs in gas chambers on PETA property.

PETA's stance on dogs is there should be no pets, that all pets should
be killed.

PETA murders thousands of perfectly good dogs every year.

Maher has HORRIBLE credentials.