Ignorant Idiots

Andy P. Jung

Feb 6, 2008, 11:56:58 AM2/6/08
"Andy P. Jung" <@.> wrote in message
news:kHUij.18839$3b7....@newsfe23.lga...
> "Nancy2" <nancy-...@uiowa.edu> wrote in message
>> On Jan 14, 12:37 pm, "Andy P. Jung" <@.> wrote:
>>> "Seerialmom" <seerial...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>> Umm....is "Thai" food from Taiwan? Or is it from the country known as
>>> "Thailand"?
>>>
>>> My ultimate wish is that Thailand would just revert back to their old
>>> name
>>> of Siam to stop this American ignorance once and for all.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Andy P. Jung
>>
>> You think the rest of the world should make it easy for Americans who
>> don't know their geography? That's funny. Maybe we should make it
>> easy for foreigners who don't know their geography --- oh, wait!
>> Other countries' inhabitants are better at it than we are!
>
> I just feel insulted when somebody thinks that Taiwan is Thailand. Doesn't
> anyone remember when many items used to be made in Taiwan before it went
> to China? Or how about identifying the flag of the Republic of China?
> Wasn't there an episode in a previous TAR where the clue was just a flag
> identifying the racers' next destination? Tom Cruise in Top Gun wore a
> flight jacket with the ROC flag on the back. Anyone remember the time
> travel show Time Trax? The protagonist in the series Darien Lambert also
> wore a flight jacket with the ROC flag on the back.
>
> With the advent of the Internet and Wikipedia people should spend more of
> their time gaining common knowledge.

I was watching Ellen yesterday during Mardi Gras and somebody didn't even
know what state New Orleans is located! There was also one who was thinking
for a while what day of the week Fat Tuesday falls on! I'm losing all hope
for all the ignorant idiots out there. You know who you are, especially
during the Jaywalking segment on The Tonight Show giving those outrageous

Andy P. Jung
Metairie, Louisiana U.S.A.
(on the Western side of the now infamous 17th Street Canal)
http://www.JungWorld.com/

To reply via e-mail, please visit my web site.

UCLAN

Feb 6, 2008, 2:20:07 PM2/6/08
Andy P. Jung wrote:

> I was watching Ellen yesterday during Mardi Gras and somebody didn't
> even know what state New Orleans is located! There was also one who was
> thinking for a while what day of the week Fat Tuesday falls on! I'm
> losing all hope for all the ignorant idiots out there. You know who you
> are, especially during the Jaywalking segment on The Tonight Show giving
> those outrageous responses.

And I've long ago lost hope for those that crosspost idiotic rants to
multiple newsgroups without including a "FOLLOW-UP TO" address.

--
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens.