Ellen DeGeneres Meets With Staff, Will Not Cancel Her Show. "Ellen is not giving up."

Ubiquitous

Aug 4, 2020, 9:31:10 PM8/4/20
After serious reports that Ellen DeGeneres would be canceling her talk
show in response to workplace abuse allegations, the comedienne
reportedly met with her staff to smooth things over in an effort to
forge a better future.

According to Us Weekly, producers for "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" held a
conference call on Monday with the staff to address the media reports
and to announce an internal investigation into the show's alleged toxic
work environment.

"They said a lot of [the claims are] true and a lot of it is not true,"
a source told the outlet. "They said we are handling everything [and]
things will be very different now. . A show that brings so much
happiness and fun, it should be a happy show to work on."

Ultimately, the show will go on. As the meeting unfolded, some
employees reportedly voiced their concerns and even called out some
producers for "stuff that happened in the past."

"The producers ultimately said you all still have a job here and you
will all get paid, however that may be," the source said. "They said
Ellen is not giving up and the show will go on. . That woman brings so
much joy to people that it would break a lot of hearts to stop doing
this show. It was a pep talk and made some staffers feel better."

Last week, Ellen's head writer as well as two of her executive
producers were accused of sexual misconduct. Shortly thereafter, a
source with Telepictures, which produces Ellen's show, said that the
host had entered talks to cancel her show, asserting that she bears the
brunt of the blame for the toxic work environment.

"She feels she can't go on and the only way to recover her personal
brand from this is to shut down the show," the insider said. "The truth
is she knew what was going on, it's her show. The buck stops with her.
She can blame every executive under the sun - but Ellen is ultimately
the one to blame."

"Inside Telepictures we've had enough of her. She is a phony who does
not practice what she preaches," the source continued. "The behavior of
her show executives has been appalling, but [Ellen] is no better. In
fact, she is the worst. It's outrageous that she is trying to pretend
that this is all a shock to her. The fish rots from the head, and Ellen
is the head."

In an apology last week, Ellen, however, claimed that she delegated
tasks to her top leadership and knew nothing about the toxic work
environment.

"On day one of our show, I told everyone in our first meeting that `The
Ellen DeGeneres Show' would be a place of happiness - no one would ever
raise their voice, and everyone would be treated with respect," she
said. "Obviously, something changed, and I am disappointed to learn
that this has not been the case. And for that, I am sorry. Anyone who
knows me knows it's the opposite of what I believe and what I hoped for
our show."

--
"It took a worldwide pandemic. It took a 35% plunge in the stock
market. It took quarantining. It took many small businesses closing. It

anim8rfsk

Aug 4, 2020, 10:23:49 PM8/4/20
Tue, 04 Aug 2020 13:26:53 -0700 Ubiquitous<web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> After serious reports that Ellen DeGeneres would be canceling her talk
> show in response to workplace abuse allegations, the comedienne
> reportedly met with her staff to smooth things over in an effort to
> forge a better future.

step one is to hunt down all the complainers and eradicate them

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

Ian J. Ball

Aug 4, 2020, 11:54:36 PM8/4/20
On 2020-08-05 02:23:47 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> Tue, 04 Aug 2020 13:26:53 -0700 Ubiquitous<web...@polaris.net> wrote:
>
>> After serious reports that Ellen DeGeneres would be canceling her talk
>> show in response to workplace abuse allegations, the comedienne
>> reportedly met with her staff to smooth things over in an effort to
>> forge a better future.
>
> step one is to hunt down all the complainers and eradicate them

Yeah, I hope she beat her staff after this meeting - the beatings will
continue until morale improves!!

anim8rfsk

Aug 5, 2020, 12:23:51 AM8/5/20
Tue, 04 Aug 2020 20:54:35 -0700 Ian J. Ball<IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:

> On 2020-08-05 02:23:47 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
> > Tue, 04 Aug 2020 13:26:53 -0700 Ubiquitous<web...@polaris.net> wrote:
> >
> > > After serious reports that Ellen DeGeneres would be canceling her talk
> > > show in response to workplace abuse allegations, the comedienne
> > > reportedly met with her staff to smooth things over in an effort to
> > > forge a better future.
> >
> > step one is to hunt down all the complainers and eradicate them
>
> Yeah, I hope she beat her staff after this meeting - the beatings will
> continue until morale improves!!

hee hee

Ubiquitous

Aug 5, 2020, 7:41:39 AM8/5/20
In article <rgdahr$6cj$1...@dont-email.me>, IJB...@mac.invalid wrote:
>On 2020-08-05 02:23:47 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>> Tue, 04 Aug 2020 13:26:53 -0700 Ubiquitous<web...@polaris.net> wrote:

>>> After serious reports that Ellen DeGeneres would be canceling her talk
>>> show in response to workplace abuse allegations, the comedienne
>>> reportedly met with her staff to smooth things over in an effort to
>>> forge a better future.
>>
>> step one is to hunt down all the complainers and eradicate them
>
>Yeah, I hope she beat her staff after this meeting - the beatings will
>continue until morale improves!!

I cannot help but notice how this began after the "obliteration culture"
caught her fraterninzing with the "enemy", George Bush.

Ubiquitous

Aug 17, 2020, 8:19:52 PM8/17/20
anim...@cox.net wrote:
>Tue, 04 Aug 2020 13:26:53 -0700 Ubiquitous<web...@polaris.net> wrote:

>> After serious reports that Ellen DeGeneres would be canceling her talk
>> show in response to workplace abuse allegations, the comedienne
>> reportedly met with her staff to smooth things over in an effort to
>> forge a better future.
>
>step one is to hunt down all the complainers and eradicate them

What are you, some sort of Nostrodamus?

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/ellen-degeneres-producers-ed-glavin-jonathan-norman-glavin-kevin-leman-jonathan-norman-1234737854