ArcElite ship info

Mad Billy

Apr 17, 2017, 5:45:46 PM4/17/17
I'm working on a little fan project and I'm looking for info on the ships in ArcElite, like speed, hit points, etc. I know about the datacards but I'm after more detail than this. Does anyone have this kind of info?

I looked at the executable in a Hex Editor, and used an online disassembler, but couldn't see anything obvious. I also looked at a few of the other files in the game but still nothing obvious. It must be in there somewhere, does anyone have any idea what to look for in ARMv2 object code? I assume it would be stored in a data structure but I don't know how that would appear in the executable.

Cheers :)

Mad Billy

Jul 7, 2017, 9:00:46 AM7/7/17
On Monday, 17 April 2017 23:45:46 UTC+2, Mad Billy wrote:
> I'm working on a little fan project and I'm looking for info on the ships in ArcElite, like speed, hit points, etc. ...
> Cheers :)
I suppose nobody checks this board anymore :(

Rhino

Jul 8, 2017, 6:59:56 AM7/8/17
One or two lurkers I imagine, like me... But sorry, I don't have any info on ArcElite.

There used to be a guy on here who knew everything about ArcElite. Simon Challands he was called, from memory. Maybe search for him online.

Good luck with the project, though. Would love to see it take shape.

Ollie Clark

Jul 12, 2017, 9:56:49 AM7/12/17
On 2017-04-17, Mad Billy <madb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm working on a little fan project and I'm looking for info on the ships in ArcElite, like speed, hit points, etc. I know about the datacards but I'm after more detail than this. Does anyone have this kind of info?
>
> I looked at the executable in a Hex Editor, and used an online disassembler, but couldn't see anything obvious. I also looked at a few of the other files in the game but still nothing obvious. It must be in there somewhere, does anyone have any idea what to look for in ARMv2 object code? I assume it would be stored in a data structure but I don't know how that would appear in the executable.

Does it have to be Arc Elite? (I'm not sure my RPC even starts up
anymore so it's tricky for me to delve around in the files).

Oolite has full source available and the ship stats are here:
https://github.com/OoliteProject/oolite/blob/master/Resources/Config/shipdata.plist

Ollie Clark

Jul 12, 2017, 9:57:31 AM7/12/17
I do but not very often. :-)

Impy

Jul 15, 2017, 5:45:54 AM7/15/17
You might trying asking filth on IRC channel #alt.fan.elite on server irc.synirc.net I think he was into Arc Elite. Then again he might not have been. I don't really remember. Sorry.