Elite: Dangerous

Craig Coope

Jul 29, 2015, 12:28:16 PM7/29/15
Does anyone get the feeling that they are never going to release
planetary landings?

I'm sick of the newsletters being about the Xbox version etc.

Cobra Mk2

Jul 30, 2015, 11:48:52 AM7/30/15
I'm still pretty confident that planetary landings will be added as part of a paid for dlc.
I also think that with new games like No mans sky coming out Frontier have maybe had to re-think what we will actually do on the surface as well as the graphics so it might take longer to finish than they first thought?
One thing I'm looking forward to is the fact the features visible in outer space will be represented accurately on the surface when you touch down.

Craig Coope

Jul 30, 2015, 3:00:49 PM7/30/15
That's a thought. Because this will be paid for dlc does that mean
it's basically going to be an after thought? Also; how could one play
online with others without everyone having the dlc? I mean what
happens if you are chasing someone and they go into the planet's
atmosphere but the you don't have the dlc? I wonder how they will work
around that.

Andy H

Jul 30, 2015, 4:31:15 PM7/30/15
Planetary landings was thought of at the beginning and was planned as one of the expansions due to the size of the work.

Although there is a big announcement coming next week for what is in v1.4 I doubt it will be this...we'll find out soon enough. Of course I won't complain if they do release it sooner, this feature really made the galaxy a lot bigger in FE2 and FFE.

Craig Coope

Aug 6, 2015, 4:01:54 AM8/6/15

Andy H

Aug 6, 2015, 1:30:36 PM8/6/15
haha yes, but as promised, no complaints from me. Well more accurately this is not going to be in 1.4 or 1.5 (the final release under what they are now calling 'Season 1') but a series of updates under 'Season 2', new features and expansions starting with landing on air-less planets and moons around Christmas time.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cmdr-Ovine/412382402270351

Pre-purchase the season expansion now for existing players and get access to the Cobra Mk IV in Horizons. Don't buy the season expansion and continue playing the game as today but with no access to the big expansions. You will still get the common and base game updates that are needed for both but I wonder if anyone playing at Christmas will be doing so without Season 2?

Oregonian Haruspex

Aug 13, 2015, 10:34:21 PM8/13/15
I'm really hoping that they do it within the next year or so. This
feature is necessary to bring the game up to parity with Elite II, and
there is a lot more planned than simple touchdowns I believe.

While I agree that it's getting boring hearing about the Xbox and so
forth, I really hope they take the proper amount of time to do the
planetside / 3D "shooter" part of the game properly.

Then maybe move on and get more ships in an instance? I feel the
current limit is a bit small.

Ollie Clark

Feb 1, 2016, 11:33:35 AM2/1/16
Craig Coope wrote:
> Does anyone get the feeling that they are never going to release
> planetary landings?

Nah, I'm pretty sure they will. ;-P

peterni...@gmail.com

Oct 16, 2018, 8:17:50 AM10/16/18
Is there an Nvidia Shield version of Elite Dangerous?

/Pnic

peterni...@gmail.com

Oct 16, 2018, 9:17:44 AM10/16/18
https://youtu.be/ZmmdJsW1Wz8