Beginner trade route in FE2?

Altori

May 15, 2003, 6:05:26 AM5/15/03
Hi everyone!

As a beginner in Frontier Elite 2, can anyone suggest a good trade
route to get started. 100Cr is not much in this sequel!

I tried starting on lave with a Cobra but you have no autopilot. I
managed to make it to a planet (using a lot of fuel), but I am
fugitive so I can only stay in the difficult non-fed/imperial systems
unless I pay up 80,000 to each sides police.

I also tried downgrading the cobra and bought a smaller ship...problem
is no scanners for sale with my new found fotune. This makes combat a
tad harder. :-(

So I have decided to start from the default location with 100 Cr and a
chance to make money, but I'm barely lifting a profit that will help
accelerate me to upgrading any time soon. The Export and Import lists
for each system aren't too much help.

Rexx Magnus

May 15, 2003, 6:14:10 AM5/15/03
Altori woke up on Thu, 15 May 2003 10:05:26 GMT and sat in alt.fan.elite
writing in message news:8d766f89.03051...@posting.google.com

> Hi everyone!
>
> As a beginner in Frontier Elite 2, can anyone suggest a good trade
> route to get started. 100Cr is not much in this sequel!

Starting station in Ross - go to Barnards star (Birminghamworld) there's a
station orbiting. Start out by taking meat from the Ross system, and
bringing back heavy plastics. Don't forget to carry at least 1T of
Hydrogen fuel, otherwise you'll conk out in space and not get anywhere. :)

--
UO & AC Herbal - http://www.rexx.co.uk/herbal

To email me, visit the site.

maniac

May 15, 2003, 6:13:14 AM5/15/03
Altori <altor...@yahoo.co.uk> napisal(a):

> Hi everyone!

The best trade route on the beginning is from Sol System to Barnard Star,
more info @:

http://sharoma.com/frontierverse/start.htm
http://sharoma.com/frontierverse/trading.htm
http://sharoma.com/frontierverse/ :D

--
: maniac | new tweak.pl team member :
: http://www.tweak.pl/ | man...@tweak.pl :

The Doctor

May 15, 2003, 8:15:01 AM5/15/03
In message <_KJwa.14889$_b1.1...@news.chello.at>
"maniac" <man...@spamisbad.chello.pl> wrote:

> Altori <altor...@yahoo.co.uk> napisal(a):
>
> > Hi everyone!
>
> The best trade route on the beginning is from Sol System to Barnard Star,

And when you're doing this, keep an eye out for anyone wanting transport
of themselves or a package to Van Maanens. Get a permit when you take
the contract and then you can sell luxuries there at a colossal profit.
Cheers!

--
Graham
The RISC OS software site - www.thedeathzone.free-online.co.uk/software

Capper

May 15, 2003, 9:08:43 AM5/15/03

"Altori" <altor...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> [...]

From sirrocco station, merlin, ross 128
sell everthing you can apart from the auto pilot and atmospheric shielding
buy meat and 1 ton of hydrogen fuel
take off and fly to barnards star
dock at boston base and sell the meat and atmospheric shielding
buy 1 ton of fuel for the trip and fill up with computers or robots and fly
to sol
dock at any of the stations
(daedelus, Abraham lincoln, M Gorbachov, Li qing jao, galileo, mars high ,
columbus, titan city)
check the bulleten board for people buying robots or computers ( there are
always some in this system ) sell to them and then fill up with 1ton of fuel
and luxury goods , then liquer when you can't afford luxuries) fly back to
barnard star and dock at boston base t, then repeat the leg from there to
sol until you are rich enough to do what you want

Altori

May 16, 2003, 6:18:48 PM5/16/03
"Capper" <capper...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:<ba03gq$nnb44$1...@ID-56362.news.dfncis.de>...

> From sirrocco station, merlin, ross 128
> sell everthing you can apart from the auto pilot and atmospheric shielding
> buy meat and 1 ton of hydrogen fuel
> take off and fly to barnards star
> dock at boston base and sell the meat and atmospheric shielding
> buy 1 ton of fuel for the trip and fill up with computers or robots and fly
> to sol
> dock at any of the stations
> (daedelus, Abraham lincoln, M Gorbachov, Li qing jao, galileo, mars high ,
> columbus, titan city)
> check the bulleten board for people buying robots or computers ( there are
> always some in this system ) sell to them and then fill up with 1ton of fuel
> and luxury goods , then liquer when you can't afford luxuries) fly back to
> barnard star and dock at boston base t, then repeat the leg from there to
> sol until you are rich enough to do what you want

Thanks to all for your suggestions. I am in an Eagle Mk2 already (ok
not big jump up the ship ownership chain) and have loads of credits.
Nearly in range to buy a proper ship and thoroughly enjoying it!

No sense of urgency in this game, I think it is better for not having
a story to distract you. I think this is better than FFE personally.
Feels more real, more fun to play.

Eric Shock

Jun 2, 2003, 12:35:03 PM6/2/03
What I recommend is you sell your Cobra for a smaller ship and get an
autopilot on it. That's how I always did it.

I always started out at Lave station, and ran back and forth between Lave
and Zaonce... I smuggled a bit of narcotics, and had to pay some bribes, but
it got me some good amounts of cash. On the return trip, if memory serves
me correctly, I hauled Fruits and Veggies. After you get rich on the Lave -
Zaonce run, you can buy bigger ships, and start branching out from there.
Eventually you have enough money and clout to pay off the Feds and Imps.

-Eric

Patrick Copeland

Oct 10, 2017, 11:14:42 PM10/10/17
I start with the Barnards (Robots) <-> Sol (Luxuries) route.

However, there is a bug/cheat, if you want enough money to start doing interesting stuff earlier - and if you have a version of the game where this is possible: you can't sell your ship while it has occupied cabins - but the trade-in money will still change hands! So once you can do all of this at the same station (or at least in the same system)...

- get a cabin (the Eagle can only fit one)
- get it occupied (you'll need someone who wants passage for one person)
- try to downgrade your ship. As many times as you like.