Wikia and a question

Chris Lee

Oct 14, 2015, 12:54:29 PM10/14/15
Just FYI, there has been a pretty extensive David Eddings wikia -- thought I might do a public service announcement and mention it.

http://davideddings.wikia.com/wiki/

Background to question: Both David and his wife Leigh have passed away and based on the amount they've donated to various places, their writings have been extremely popular. The Game of Thrones has been hugely popular (2014, 2015). The Tolkein trilogy and The Hobbit are also extremely popular. I've also seen a number of websites where people talk about casting the right people for the right roles.

Question:
Would it make sense to discuss a Belgariad movie again?

I think it might be worth taking a different route:

Phase 1: Find locations (around the world) for shooting locations for the Belgariad world.

Some places will have to be a set, and/or CGI, and/or matte painting and/or otherwise.

Phase 2: Rewrite the Eddings' books (maybe chapter by chapter) into a screenplay.

Phase 3: Proof of concept any difficult / challenging things e.g.,
The cave of the gods
Algroths and Elgon's Tor
The fight with the Hrulgin
The fight with Grul
Garion vs. Asharak/Chamdar
Garion vs. Torak

Mr. B-o-B

Dec 30, 2015, 12:15:44 AM12/30/15
On 10/14/2015 11:54 AM, Chris Lee wrote:

> Question:
> Would it make sense to discuss a Belgariad movie again?

I think a mini series might be better than a movie. Each Season of the
series could be about 2 1/2 books of content. That's 4 years, then
another seanon for both Belgarath & Pol. I'd watch that.

Dweia

Mar 13, 2016, 6:31:16 PM3/13/16
Am 14.10.2015 um 18:54 schrieb Chris Lee:
> Just FYI, there has been a pretty extensive David Eddings wikia -- thought I might do a public service announcement and mention it.
>
> http://davideddings.wikia.com/wiki/

Interesting, I didn't yet know about that site.
That made me remember the old (ages old) afecodex...

http://afecodex.tripod.com/

The site miraculously still exists...
Last update 9th January 1998 :-O

~Dweia