Dune as a radio show?

Thomas Korn

Dec 29, 2020, 5:07:43 AM12/29/20
I honestly believe that any and all of Frank Herbert's "Dune" novels would work best adapted for a radio drama rather than visual format. The novels are written with what is going on inside each characters heads ...trying to guess what is going on inside the thoughts of every other characters heads. None of that will translate to any visual medium.

Lynch's 1984 movie comes close with nearly flawless casting (minus Sting) he captured most the essence of the story best he could in just 3 (or 4 hours depending on what version you can find) Again, more than half the book is not filmable what so ever.

I've been lulling myself to sleep with some updated audio book versions that were recorded way back in 2002 (remember the good old days?) The voice actors do an amazing job. The whole story comes to life. In fact, listening to the audio books, I have been able to catch little bits that I either didn't understand the first reading..or skimmed over.

Anyway, Not every book can.. or should be made into a movie (House of Leaves is prime example) So.. why not let the BBC produce a radio dramatization of all the FRANK Herbert books? (the Brian books SUCK)