Kaitain

aljac...@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2017, 2:45:24 PM2/19/17
When I saw Dune in 1984 I swear there was a quick image of Kaitain with a voice over that said something like ‘Kaitain, home of the Imperial Crown’, or just 'Kaitain', or suchlike. Also that it was voiced by Virginia Madsen as Princess Irulan.
However looking at all my copies of Dune I don’t see this brief scene anymore. As if removed from the theatrical version as the years have gone by.
Misremembering?
I kinda sorta remember the ‘four planet’ insert for the Guild ‘secret report’ , but could swear the other Kaitain scene is there.
In fact I thought it was an insert later in the film when the Guild Navigators are threatening the Emperor.
Not sure about that.