[Question] What do you Horde?

Maxx Pollare

Mar 15, 2002, 11:32:57 AM3/15/02
I know most dragon 'horde' things, It's just natural. If you read any
dragon lore on the subject you find that it's usually gold, silver, or
even rare gems, but I'm certain that there are a few dragons here that
horde chocolate too.

I personally horde multimedia;
Hentai, furry-art, comics, music, commercials, short movies...

I have libraries of the stuff. Sorted, organized, and safely lock away in
my vault. It's not the sort of thing that I like to share, most of the
content is of an adult nature.

No, no... Not 'that kind of' adult. I don't collect smut, I collect art!

(My current collection is over 37GB and growing.)

Maxx Pollare maxxp...@telusplanet.net {Animus ursi et anima tigris}

The Telekinetic/Empathic Furry Eastern Dragon of Wang Toodle...

DC2.~De+Mft{L W- T-- B-#}/H^De+Mft{L- W T} Sku Cwh|gy--,ebl-:in/vi Gm
A(rv-) N! H++ $ Fo R+ J+ U- I--# V? Q+++[tek/em] Tc+++[hw] E++#

Elihwen

Mar 15, 2002, 2:44:18 PM3/15/02

Maxx Pollare <now...@spamtrap.gov> wrote in message

I don't actually "horde" things... mostly I collect things and then lose
them. Candy papers, toothpicks, funny-shaped rocks, old phone numbers, funny
articles about Against Role-playing -fundamentalists... But as I said, I
usually lose all those niceties I collect.

-Elihwen
DC2.Df^Mfd Gf~ L~ W~ T~ Pflhtw Sksu Chg~ B"fairy dust" A(r-v?)
Fr--N"Everywhere" M++2 O H"Still living with my parents" $? F "All those
faerie things + blood" R+++ Ac J+ S+ U I-# V+ Q+ Tc+ E+++

Kessedrian

Mar 15, 2002, 2:45:43 PM3/15/02

"Maxx Pollare" <now...@spamtrap.gov> wrote in message
> I know most dragon 'horde' things, It's just natural. If you read any
> dragon lore on the subject you find that it's usually gold, silver, or
> even rare gems, but I'm certain that there are a few dragons here that
> horde chocolate too.

Hmm... I mostly hoard pictures of dragons, roms, and music.

> I personally horde multimedia;
> Hentai, furry-art, comics, music, commercials, short movies...

commercials and short movies? like what?

> I have libraries of the stuff. Sorted, organized, and safely lock away in
> my vault. It's not the sort of thing that I like to share, most of the
> content is of an adult nature.
>
> No, no... Not 'that kind of' adult. I don't collect smut, I collect art!

Suuuuuuure ;)

(j/k)
--
^吾 Kessedrian ^吾

"Some things need to be seen to be believed, others need to be belived to be
seen."

Kitryn de Pluie

Mar 15, 2002, 4:03:12 PM3/15/02
On Fri 15 Mar 2002 11:32:57a, Maxx Pollare <now...@spamtrap.gov> had the
audacity to state the following:

> I know most dragon 'horde' things, It's just natural. If you read any
> dragon lore on the subject you find that it's usually gold, silver, or
> even rare gems, but I'm certain that there are a few dragons here that
> horde chocolate too.

*looks around*

I seem to hoard messiness. :>

BTW, it's 'hoard' not 'horde'. A 'horde' is a large crowd.

--
Kitryn de Pluie the Anthro Fox
DC: DC2.H^Mcf Gm L6f W T Pw Sku Cbk,bag,ebl,cag,wrb A- Fr++"mango" Nu

Wertle

Mar 15, 2002, 4:12:04 PM3/15/02
I'm fond of pinecones. I see one on the ground, grow fascinated with it, pick
it up, and set it somewhere to forget about it. Thus, my desk, workspace in
the art studio, dresser drawer, backpack, and any other temporary storage space
are littered with pinecones. I both give and receive pinecones of interest as
presents.

~Wertle~
Chair-dragon of Resilience
DC2.D Gf L W+ T+ Pfwlt Sks C~ Bfl&"secret" A Fr++ Nn M--- O H+ $-- F+ R+ Ac J++
S+ U-- I- V+ Q Tc+
http://www.dragonneo.com/~wertle

R...@reply-to.address

Mar 15, 2002, 4:21:00 PM3/15/02
Quoth Maxx Pollare <now...@spamtrap.gov>:

>I know most dragon 'horde' things, It's just natural. If you read any
>dragon lore on the subject you find that it's usually gold, silver, or
>even rare gems, but I'm certain that there are a few dragons here that
>horde chocolate too.
[munch]

Paperwork. Stacks and stacks of lecture notes, bank statements, phone
bills, play scripts, notes... it's all there. Much of it should have
been thrown away long since, but I just can't bring myself to do it.

I have a fair number of books, too, but they're generally organised and
on shelves, whereas the paperwork just takes up flat surfaces where it
really shouldn't do... <:=8)
\^\^//
,^ ( ..) ~~ Rai ~~ O .---. . F
| \ \ o / O> \/| i
\ `^--^ DC2.De Gm L W-- T Phflt Sks Cbk,sbk o \_. /\| s
\ \ \ Bwi A Fr++ M R Ac J++ I-- V Q++ Tc+ `---' ` h
ksj ^--^ _________________________________________________________

Kilroy

Mar 15, 2002, 4:19:45 PM3/15/02
I tend to hoard anything that happens to cross my path. Usually, I see
something, put it in my pocket to take care of later, and tend to forget
about it.
As for stuff I hoard intentionally, I hoard sci-fi and fantasy books,
computer books, fantasy sculptures, computer parts, maybe even whole
computers (working or not), and anything else in the fantasy genre that
catches my interest

Polenth

Mar 15, 2002, 4:39:44 PM3/15/02
Maxx Pollare <now...@spamtrap.gov> murmured mushroomyly:

>I know most dragon 'horde' things, It's just natural. If you read any
>dragon lore on the subject you find that it's usually gold, silver, or
>even rare gems, but I'm certain that there are a few dragons here that
>horde chocolate too.

Sparklies (paperclips, sequiens, gem stones)
Dragons
Mushroom models
My Little Ponies

--
Polenth

ICQ UIN: 8342844
http://www.polenth.demon.co.uk
Ultima Online Addict (Europa)

DC2.D Gf L14f Phw'lt Sks/u Cpu- B"alkali" A?
Fr+++"Mushroom Spp." Nn Fo/v+ R+++ I---!

Ralph Caton

Mar 15, 2002, 6:51:45 PM3/15/02

Maxx Pollare <now...@spamtrap.gov> wrote in message
> I know most dragon 'horde' things, It's just natural. If you read any
> dragon lore on the subject you find that it's usually gold, silver, or
> even rare gems, but I'm certain that there are a few dragons here that
> horde chocolate too.
>
> I personally horde multimedia;
> Hentai, furry-art, comics, music, commercials, short movies...
>
> I have libraries of the stuff. Sorted, organized, and safely lock away in
> my vault. It's not the sort of thing that I like to share, most of the
> content is of an adult nature.
>
> No, no... Not 'that kind of' adult. I don't collect smut, I collect art!

Hmm.....*examines* yep that's ART the border of the pics are out of focus
and the centre DEAD sharp.
I collect gramophone records, films, videos, DVDs, and the junk needed to
access them.
BTW I used to collect and use 8mm movie cameras....can't get double 8 any
more, are there any places other than the skip they can go?
Arcaton the Artistic *cranes neck to get a better peep of the ART*

Athagon

Mar 15, 2002, 7:34:03 PM3/15/02
And then, on 3/15/02 8:32 AM, Maxx Pollare spoke thusly:

> I know most dragon 'horde' things, It's just natural. If you read any
> dragon lore on the subject you find that it's usually gold, silver, or
> even rare gems, but I'm certain that there are a few dragons here that
> horde chocolate too.

<snip>

I hoard...stuff. Oh, and music. :)

--
Athagon Firedream SilverStar
DC2.Dw Gm L W T Pfhltvw Sks,wl Cbk--,bag,eau,vag^,cag^,wbk--

CHICKWHO

Mar 15, 2002, 7:46:27 PM3/15/02
:::interest is perked:::

Well, if you want to know...

Out of print books or books that are over or close to being over 100 some odd
years old...

bird's feathers...

sea shells...

Sheep/unicorn/dragon/horse figurines...

Animal Skulls (I enjoy drawing them...and they scare the kids away from my den
during their 'Gimme Gimme Candy' day...)

Berries that give off dark juices (blackberries, etc...I make homemade inks...
and I use my feathers as quills...)

any piece of paper that I deem worthy enough to go into the corner with the
rest...

old sheep magazines...

Doctor Who print-outs...

Doctor Who Downloads...

...my own little doodles...

photographs of beautiful people...and, surprisingly, no one knows who they
are...

old brouchures of far away places...

and all of my old essays and reports...

that's not even half, but that's all I can rightly remember off the top of my
head, right now..

oh, and chess sets!

-demented and knows it...

Kiraya

Mar 15, 2002, 7:51:00 PM3/15/02
Maxx Pollare murmured in my ear:

> I know most dragon 'horde' things, It's just natural. If you read any
> dragon lore on the subject you find that it's usually gold, silver, or
> even rare gems, but I'm certain that there are a few dragons here that
> horde chocolate too.
>
> I personally horde multimedia;
> Hentai, furry-art, comics, music, commercials, short movies...
>
> I have libraries of the stuff. Sorted, organized, and safely lock away in
> my vault. It's not the sort of thing that I like to share, most of the
> content is of an adult nature.
>
> No, no... Not 'that kind of' adult. I don't collect smut, I collect art!
>
> (My current collection is over 37GB and growing.)

You mean "hoard", right? A horde is a huge mindless mob of people.
*shakes her head slowly* Major deja vu, for some reason...

--
~§~Kiraya Lyrenaelia Zephyrsong~§~
Mate to the most wonderful Kestenan Silverscales

and Zekoi Qemanase
the crazy blue fire lizard
DC2.D Gm L2f W T Pfhkltvw Skh Cbl_,egr_,cag^,vag^ Bfl A Nn M+ O/ H $
F+++ Ac+++"muck" J+++! I-- Q E+++

Ceralor

Mar 15, 2002, 8:12:55 PM3/15/02
Maxx Pollare <now...@spamtrap.gov> wrote in message news:<Xns91D2615FC74...@204.152.186.145>...
> I know most dragon 'horde' things, It's just natural. If you read any
> dragon lore on the subject you find that it's usually gold, silver, or
> even rare gems, but I'm certain that there are a few dragons here that
> horde chocolate too.
>
> I personally horde multimedia;
> Hentai, furry-art, comics, music, commercials, short movies...
>
> I have libraries of the stuff. Sorted, organized, and safely lock away in
> my vault. It's not the sort of thing that I like to share, most of the
> content is of an adult nature.
>
> No, no... Not 'that kind of' adult. I don't collect smut, I collect art!
>
> (My current collection is over 37GB and growing.)
>
> --
> ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

> Maxx Pollare maxxp...@telusplanet.net {Animus ursi et anima tigris}
>
> The Telekinetic/Empathic Furry Eastern Dragon of Wang Toodle...
>
> DC2.~De+Mft{L W- T-- B-#}/H^De+Mft{L- W T} Sku Cwh|gy--,ebl-:in/vi Gm
> A(rv-) N! H++ $ Fo R+ J+ U- I--# V? Q+++[tek/em] Tc+++[hw] E++#

Me? I horde... Um... Lets see...
CDs! GAmes! Computer time! i also hordeelctric stuff. I can't help it.
I just take over it, personalize it. I have to watch myself at my dads
office and at school.

Tephra Lynn Davis

Mar 15, 2002, 8:17:12 PM3/15/02
Maxx Pollare <now...@spamtrap.gov> wrote:

> I know most dragon 'horde' things, It's just natural. If you read any
> dragon lore on the subject you find that it's usually gold, silver, or
> even rare gems, but I'm certain that there are a few dragons here that
> horde chocolate too.

I hoard books, and pens, and paper, and pens, and pencils, and paper, and
books..... :)

I also hoard art (fantasy, SF, pin-up, and more explicit stuff) and music
and stuffed animals and hair trinkets and.....

Sonarrat Citalis

Mar 15, 2002, 8:58:47 PM3/15/02
CDs of classical music. I've got over a hundred of them.

--
-Sonarrat Citalis.

Email: Remove the fish, replace the net.
Signature at http://sonarrat.stormloader.com/sonarratsig.html

Error: Keyboard not found. Press F1 to continue.

Scott L

Mar 15, 2002, 9:50:00 PM3/15/02

On 15-Mar-2002, Maxx Pollare <now...@spamtrap.gov> wrote:

> I know most dragon 'horde' things, It's just natural. If you read any
> dragon lore on the subject you find that it's usually gold, silver, or
> even rare gems, but I'm certain that there are a few dragons here that
> horde chocolate too.
>
> I personally horde multimedia;
> Hentai, furry-art, comics, music, commercials, short movies...
>
> I have libraries of the stuff. Sorted, organized, and safely lock away in
> my vault. It's not the sort of thing that I like to share, most of the
> content is of an adult nature.
>
> No, no... Not 'that kind of' adult. I don't collect smut, I collect art!
>
> (My current collection is over 37GB and growing.)

Friends, and books, and art, and life experiences.

Just a monkey,

Scott

--
P.S. - had a blast at MidWest Gather 2001! Can't wait for MWG 2002!
http://4dw.net/moonfriend/fandom/kygather.html

Draconity 64%, 26.6% pure, 49% Wierd, Dispenser of Ponder Points, Proud
owner of 13 Chocolate Points!
Dragon code:
DC2.~Mm{L- Sku Crb'>rb'}/Df^Et{L-- Sks Crb'.rb',wrb'_>wrb'_} Gm T+ Ben A
Fr N! M- H+ $- Foj+ Ac+ U* V+++![chaos] Q++[prec] Tc++[sw] Df+++
Fur Code:
FPr(Monkey)fmp(Faerie Dragon)s5am A C** D- H+ M P R T W Z- !Sm RLCT
a+ cn++ d-- e+ f h++ iwf++ j+ p++ sm+
Email me at scott644(at)insightbb.com
Visit me at http://4dw.net/moonfriend/index.html
Vote for me at http://battleoftheancients.com/orient/vote.htm (as Scott's
Lab)

Serena Firesong

Mar 15, 2002, 9:58:55 PM3/15/02
I have some pack rat tendencies, but I'm not really much of a
collector: I tend to hang on to stuff because it might conceivably be
useful at some unknown future time, but most of it doesn't have any
kind of unifying theme. I do collect tiny (2" high or smaller) owl
statuettes, and foreign coins when I come across them, as well as 1976
bicentennial comemmorative quarters. The number of plushies I have in
my room has, I think, tripled since I gained a boyfriend :) but again
that's not really a collection -- I didn't ask for them! ;) Said
boyfriend collects books. He has three bookshelves' worth. However,
he is not a dragon.

I don't mean this as a criticism at all but just as a note for future
reference: "horde" means a bunch of baddies, like a horde of demons
(anyone remember Hordak, the nemesis of She-Ra, Princess of Power?).
The word you want, for amassing large amounts of stuff, is "hoard".

- Serena Firesong

Vincent

Mar 15, 2002, 10:06:46 PM3/15/02
On Fri, 15 Mar 2002 16:32:57 +0000 (UTC), Maxx Pollare
<now...@spamtrap.gov> wrote:

>I know most dragon 'horde' things, It's just natural. If you read any
>dragon lore on the subject you find that it's usually gold, silver, or
>even rare gems, but I'm certain that there are a few dragons here that
>horde chocolate too.
>
>I personally horde multimedia;
> Hentai, furry-art, comics, music, commercials, short movies...
>
>I have libraries of the stuff. Sorted, organized, and safely lock away in
>my vault. It's not the sort of thing that I like to share, most of the
>content is of an adult nature.
>
>No, no... Not 'that kind of' adult. I don't collect smut, I collect art!
>
>(My current collection is over 37GB and growing.)

O.o

I hoard...everything.

Someday I might just find a use for some of it.

--
Vincent

DC2.D Gm L W- T- Phwalt Skh Cwh\~+,bwh+ Bfl/ic A Fr- Nn
M O H--- $~ F R++ Ac+ J+ S? I---# V Q? Tc++[Technition] E+

Keeper of The Great Book of Random Stuff
The Dragon BathHouse and Cafe
www.dragonbathhouse.com
---------------------------
vincent at dynasty dot net
ICQ# 7059807 {send REQ to be addded}
Up the Irons!
---------------------------
Scouting- Because Character counts
Duke of Dutch Ovens [DoDo]
dragonbathhouse.150m.com/klah/dutchovenfaq.htm
<'cause few know what a dutch oven is>
---------------------------
The tears of a Dragon,
For you and for me."
-Bruce Dickinson

Byzantyn Bloodlightning

Mar 15, 2002, 9:39:18 PM3/15/02
Byzantyn Here.

> I know most dragon 'horde' things, It's just natural. If you read any
> dragon lore on the subject you find that it's usually gold, silver, or
> even rare gems, but I'm certain that there are a few dragons here that
> horde chocolate too.
>
> I personally horde multimedia;
> Hentai, furry-art, comics, music, commercials, short movies...

The closest thing to a "hoard" I have is my mp3 collection. 10gb of an
eclectic mix from Techno to rock to "New Age" music and even some comedy
skits. I do have a favorite, though, a 260-song collection of the Beatles.
Yeah, yeah, yeah! :), and I'm looking for any song that has the word "wings"
in the lyrics (like "Mighty Wings" by Cheap Trick or "Strange Attraction" by
the Cure (a line in the chorus is "Strange attraction spreads it's
wings...))

Oddly appropriate, yes? *flapflaps his own wings. :)

"Satan, laughing, spreads his wings" (from Ozzy's "War Pigs" :))

*musical winghugs from a dragon*

Byz

Anna HARRIS

Mar 16, 2002, 10:40:02 AM3/16/02

"Maxx Pollare" <now...@spamtrap.gov> wrote:

> I know most dragon 'horde' things, It's just natural. If you read any
> dragon lore on the subject you find that it's usually gold, silver, or
> even rare gems, but I'm certain that there are a few dragons here that
> horde chocolate too.

I hoard:
computer stuffs... much as you do, like desktop things, MP3s, films... etc.
Oh, and currently I'm also hoarding 3d software and plugins, but only
because I have no use for them until I've built my computer *sighs*
I also hoard books and videos and CDs and computer games and DVDs... in
fact, I'm just a very very materialistic girl *sighs*
Oh yes - and favourite websites, and email addresses *giggles*

-
her
(anna, erinn, kilhani, oz)
http://www.livejournal.com/users/artangel/

Xelerej

Mar 16, 2002, 2:12:48 PM3/16/02
On Fri, 15 Mar 2002 16:32:57 +0000 (UTC), Maxx Pollare
<now...@spamtrap.gov> wrote:

It all depends on what your definition of horde [hoard?] is.

If you mean "guard the item jealously and let nobody touch or think of
touching or even really look funny at the item and woe to the person
who trys anything while I'm not watching carefully" then the only
thing I hoard is my boyfriend. *hugs and kisses in case he's reading
this!*

If you mean "have an inexplicable urge to collect and keep a large
number of any given object for no apparent purpose but will let no one
else have" then I hoard marbles. I don't play marbles, I just keep a
jar of them in my room. Actually, in my closet. I don't even look at
them, I just keep them and add to the jar whenever I get more. I have
172 plus 9 of the big ones used for shooting. Well, I never said it
was a big hoard.

If you mean "collect with the thought, however misguided, that the
items might be useful later and will grudgingly share if the person
asks reeeeeaaaaallly sweetly and promises to give me choklit in
return" then I hoard empty containers. Boxes and glass jars and
vitamin bottles and spray bottles. . . Those have come in very handy
for surprise school projects.

If you mean "buy and catalog and re-catalog because it involves a
hobby that you have that might make you some money if you play your
cards right" then I hoard embroidery floss. I am working to get every
color in existance and have managed 174 so far (out of 464, again not
a big hoard but getting there)

If you mean "gather for pleasure and will let anyone borrow if they
promise not to totally destroy them" then I hoard books and Reader's
Digests.

Xelerej - keeper of the Purple Crayon (I'm not sure which definition
that falls under)

Lurkinglurker

Mar 16, 2002, 8:11:19 PM3/16/02
"Maxx Pollare" <now...@spamtrap.gov> wrote in message
> I know most dragon 'horde' things, It's just natural. If you read any
> dragon lore on the subject you find that it's usually gold, silver, or
> even rare gems, but I'm certain that there are a few dragons here that
> horde chocolate too.

Gizmos of all shapes and descriptions. Solar powered stuff (how much do
panels go for now?), bits of models, motors, wires, computer bits, books,
and Odd Things, like a rather large spotlamp attached to an old wheelchair
battery.

> I personally horde multimedia;
> Hentai, furry-art, comics, music, commercials, short movies...
>
> I have libraries of the stuff. Sorted, organized, and safely lock away in
> my vault. It's not the sort of thing that I like to share, most of the
> content is of an adult nature.
>
> No, no... Not 'that kind of' adult. I don't collect smut, I collect art!
>
> (My current collection is over 37GB and growing.)

Well, it's not smut if you don't consider a strategically-positioned wingtip
to be smut. You might have difficulty persuading most people of that though.
<whisper> They think it's a fetish.. </whisper>

Flame Stryke

Mar 16, 2002, 8:24:48 PM3/16/02

Maxx Pollare wrote:

> I know most dragon 'horde' things, It's just natural. If you read any
> dragon lore on the subject you find that it's usually gold, silver, or
> even rare gems, but I'm certain that there are a few dragons here that
> horde chocolate too.

I horde everything. Humans have called me a "pack rat", which really
confuzzles me, since I'm not a rat.....

--
Flame Stryke DC2.D~ Gm L120f60t180w W T Pawl Sks Cbk,ere Bfl A+++! Fr++ Nm M
O H+ $ Fo R+++! Ac+ J-- S++ U! I# V+++! Q Tc++

Dyaminda

Mar 17, 2002, 12:11:05 AM3/17/02
<< Maxx Pollare wrote:

> I know most dragon 'horde' things, It's just natural. If you read any
> dragon lore on the subject you find that it's usually gold, silver, or
> even rare gems, but I'm certain that there are a few dragons here that
> horde chocolate too. >>

I hoard fine gem stones, both set in gold and loose. Also dragon and cat
figurines and verious art and sculpture.
Dyaminda
I am what I am
I can be nothing else
DC2.Dw~H Gf L49f W- Sks,wl Cgr-_,biv,ere’,ceb-,veb- Bfl A--(56) Nn M- 0 H++ $
Fc R+++! Ac+ J+ S-- U! I V~ Q~ Tc+ E+

Maxx Pollare

Mar 17, 2002, 7:42:45 AM3/17/02
Kessedrian wrote in message

>> I know most dragon 'hoard' things, It's just natural. If you read

>> any dragon lore on the subject you find that it's usually gold,
>> silver, or even rare gems, but I'm certain that there are a few

>> dragons here that hoard chocolate too.

> Hmm... I mostly hoard pictures of dragons, roms, and music.
>
>> I personally horde multimedia;
>> Hentai, furry-art, comics, music, commercials, short movies...
>
> commercials and short movies? like what?

Movie & Game Trailers, Any funny or thought provoking commercials, Music
videos, and home made short films.

I use to find most of my commercials at adcritic.com but alas it's no
more. Most of my game trailers are copied from demo disks or downloaded
from game sites. As for short films, I use
http://movies.yahoo.com/shorts or http://www.ifilm.com/ (it's favorite
now).

>> I have libraries of the stuff. Sorted, organized, and safely lock
>> away in my vault. It's not the sort of thing that I like to share,
>> most of the content is of an adult nature.
>>
>> No, no... Not 'that kind of' adult. I don't collect smut, I collect
>> art!
>
> Suuuuuuure ;)

No really, I have a very modern concept of 'what art is'. Adult meaning
sexually suggestive rather than Hard-core nudes and p0rn. After all, if
you've seen one naykid human you seen them all. Most of my art collection
would best be described as Furry. The rest is ether 'Heavymetal' or Anime
style...

--
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Maxx Pollare

Mar 17, 2002, 8:29:01 AM3/17/02
Kiraya wrote in message

> You mean "hoard", right? A horde is a huge mindless mob of people.
> *shakes her head slowly* Major deja vu, for some reason...

Ummm, yes it's supese to be 'Hoard'...
*Mumble to himself* @#$% spell checkers...

Maxx Pollare

Mar 17, 2002, 8:41:09 AM3/17/02
CHICKWHO wrote in message

>:::interest is perked:::
>
> Well, if you want to know...
>

> [crunch, crunch]
>
> Sheep/unicorn/dragon/horse figurines...

Cool, got any pics?

> old sheep magazines...

??? Ok...

> Doctor Who print-outs...
>
> Doctor Who Downloads...

Do you have any links? I'm an old Dr Who fan. *grins* Too bad they don't
make a timelords scarf in dragon size...

Maxx Pollare

Mar 17, 2002, 8:56:30 AM3/17/02
Ralph Caton wrote in message

>> I have libraries of the stuff. Sorted, organized, and safely lock
>> away in my vault. It's not the sort of thing that I like to share,
>> most of the content is of an adult nature.
>>
>> No, no... Not 'that kind of' adult. I don't collect smut, I collect
>> art!
>
> Hmm.....*examines* yep that's ART the border of the pics are out of
> focus and the centre DEAD sharp.

How did that get in here. *smiles and toses it aside* I really do colect
adult art, most of my pics are mearly segestive, not hardcore. I have to
admit that some of my colection is a litte tastless, but it is art none
the less...

> I collect gramophone records, films, videos, DVDs, and the junk
> needed to access them. BTW I used to collect and use 8mm movie

> cameras... can't get double 8 any more, are there any places other

> than the skip they can go?

The Skip? *looks at Ralph puzzled* Ohh, the bit-bin (AKA: the trash),
Well we all have to collect something. Better in a new home than buried.

> Arcaton the Artistic *cranes neck to get a better peep of the ART*

*tosses it into a folder and locks the cabinet* If you are looking for
that 'sort of thing' *grins* Check in the study, I don't keep Playdragon
in the vault... ;)

>> (My current collection is over 37GB and growing.)

--
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Maxx Pollare

Mar 17, 2002, 9:01:27 AM3/17/02
Ralph Caton wrote in message

>> I have libraries of the stuff. Sorted, organized, and safely lock

>> away in my vault. It's not the sort of thing that I like to share,
>> most of the content is of an adult nature.
>>
>> No, no... Not 'that kind of' adult. I don't collect smut, I collect
>> art!
>
> Hmm.....*examines* yep that's ART the border of the pics are out of
> focus and the centre DEAD sharp.

How did that get in here. *smiles and tosses it aside* I really do
collect
adult art, most of my pics are merely suggestive, not hard-core. I have
admit that some of my collection is a little tasteless, but it is art
none
the less...

> I collect gramophone records, films, videos, DVDs, and the junk

> needed to access them. BTW I used to collect and use 8mm movie

> cameras... can't get double 8 any more, are there any places other

> than the skip they can go?

The Skip? *looks at Ralph puzzled* Ohh, the bit-bin (AKA: the trash),

Well we all have to collect something. Better in a new home than buried.

> Arcaton the Artistic *cranes neck to get a better peep of the ART*

*tosses it into a folder and locks the cabinet* If you are looking for

that 'sort of thing' *grins* Check in the study, I don't keep Playdragon
in the vault... ;)

>> (My current collection is over 37GB and growing.)

--
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Maxx Pollare

Mar 17, 2002, 9:02:53 AM3/17/02
Ralph Caton wrote in message

>> I have libraries of the stuff. Sorted, organized, and safely lock

>> away in my vault. It's not the sort of thing that I like to share,
>> most of the content is of an adult nature.
>>
>> No, no... Not 'that kind of' adult. I don't collect smut, I collect
>> art!
>
> Hmm.....*examines* yep that's ART the border of the pics are out of
> focus and the centre DEAD sharp.

How did that get in here. *smiles and tosses it aside* I really do

collect adult art, most of my pics are merely suggestive, not hard-core.
I have to admit that some of my collection is a little tasteless, but it
is art none the less...

> I collect gramophone records, films, videos, DVDs, and the junk

> needed to access them. BTW I used to collect and use 8mm movie

> cameras... can't get double 8 any more, are there any places other

> than the skip they can go?

The Skip? *looks at Ralph puzzled* Ohh, the bit-bin (AKA: the trash),

Well we all have to collect something. Better in a new home than buried.

> Arcaton the Artistic *cranes neck to get a better peep of the ART*

*tosses it into a folder and locks the cabinet* If you are looking for

that 'sort of thing' *grins* Check in the study, I don't keep Playdragon
in the vault... ;)

>> (My current collection is over 37GB and growing.)

--
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Ralph Caton

Mar 17, 2002, 9:38:39 AM3/17/02

> CHICKWHO wrote in message
>
> >:::interest is perked:::
> >
> (strip)

> > Doctor Who Downloads...
>
> Do you have any links? I'm an old Dr Who fan. *grins* Too bad they don't
> make a timelords scarf in dragon size...

From the length of the thing that Tom Baker used to wear in the role, I
thought it *was* dragon size....if not necessarily flameproof....but then
who is?
Arcaton the artistic
*returns to filched copy of "Playdragon"*

R...@reply-to.address

Mar 17, 2002, 12:26:27 PM3/17/02
Quoth canta...@eudoramail.com (Serena Firesong):
[munch]

>I don't mean this as a criticism at all but just as a note for future
>reference: "horde" means a bunch of baddies, like a horde of demons
>(anyone remember Hordak, the nemesis of She-Ra, Princess of Power?).

"Me and and my friends of the Great Rebellion, strive to free Etheria
from <echo> the evil forces of Hordak </echo>."

It was a bit cheesy to see Hordak and Skeletor together in the
He-Man/She-Ra Christmas special, though. And Horde Prime was just
wasted -- we only ever saw his hand! :=8)

>The word you want, for amassing large amounts of stuff, is "hoard".

Jawol. And since i don't recall whether I've said so yet, I'll do so
now, just in case -- good to see you again, Serena! *huggles*
\^\^//
,^ ( ..) ~~ Rai ~~ O .---. . F
| \ \ o / O> \/| i
\ `^--^ DC2.De Gm L W-- T Phflt Sks Cbk,sbk o \_. /\| s
\ \ \ Bwi A Fr++ M R Ac J++ I-- V Q++ Tc+ `---' ` h
ksj ^--^ _________________________________________________________

Jazz Girl

Mar 17, 2002, 1:37:30 PM3/17/02
Maxx Pollare <now...@spamtrap.gov> wrote
>I know most dragon 'horde' things, It's just natural. If you read any
>dragon lore on the subject you find that it's usually gold, silver, or
>even rare gems, but I'm certain that there are a few dragons here that
>horde chocolate too.

>I personally horde multimedia;
> Hentai, furry-art, comics, music, commercials, short movies...
>
>I have libraries of the stuff. Sorted, organized, and safely lock away in
>my vault. It's not the sort of thing that I like to share, most of the
>content is of an adult nature.
>
>No, no... Not 'that kind of' adult. I don't collect smut, I collect art!
>
>(My current collection is over 37GB and growing.)

" books books book & a few more books.
shelves full of books.
boxes! full of books! "

< the small yellow dragon takes
a look around her little den. >

" uhh. and, maybe, some of the following:

nailpolishGLITTERkindereggtoyscompactdisks
EMOpoetryWORDSpaperpensstationaryEYELINERS
notebooksEMPTYMUGSfishclothesDIRTYTOWELS
coppercoinsSILVERCOINSdust "

< takes a deep breath >

" and I could probably go on, but I
promise you I shan't. "

< ponders >

" I've never understood why some people chose
to collect very bizarre things - like stamps
or bottle tops, for instance - when there
are much more wonderful objects available. "

moon

Desu

Mar 17, 2002, 2:54:41 PM3/17/02
I hoarde:

Kimono, books on Japanese traditional culture, ningyo, old Japanese art,
vultures, beads, plushies, opals, furs, seeds, recipes and other assorted
"treasures."

I have a small but nice collection of fox/coyote pelts/tails strung up in
front of the fireplace. My boyfriend calls it the PETA display. I'd like
to start collecting animal bones taken from around railroad tracks. It is
one of a few places I can think of where one can reliably find dead animals,
other than roadsides.

Oh yes, more pictures of dead animals and trains, and air raid sirens.
Can't have enough of those.

St. Desu of Eeyore
--
DC2.D Gf L+ W T Phawlt Sks,hl,wl Ceb,ere Tc++(satcom) ° Omnia mutantur
B"napalm"/"guacamole" A+++ Fr++ N"alpine meadows" ° Nihil interit

MistWing SilverTail

Mar 17, 2002, 4:08:46 PM3/17/02
I guess you could say I horde information (books, magazines, comics,
computer data, computer pictures, etc)

--

MistWing SilverTail

Dragon Code
DC2.Dw Gf L6m3t5w W- T Phfwlt Sks,wl Cau+,bau,bl' Bfl/pl/zz A- Fr+++ Nn
M O/ H--- $ Fo R- Ac+ J+ S+ U! I--# V+++![Power] V---[Control] V++[Food
Fight Magic ++] Q+++[tk] Tc+++[sw] Tc+[other]

Furry Code
FMSmpsw3r A-- C- D H+ M- P R+ T+++ W- Z+ S- RLCT ca++$ d-- e+ f- h- i+
j+ p-- sx--

Tamfiiris Gloruloke

Mar 17, 2002, 4:08:01 PM3/17/02
Slowly, slowly as the kauri tree did Maxx Pollare rise between the Earth and
Sky:

>Ummm, yes it's supese to be 'Hoard'...
>*Mumble to himself* @#$% spell checkers...

it's an eternal promble... who will spell cheque the spell chucker?

--
Tamf

Don't feed the Trolls! (Feed the Dragons instead ...)
(Menelvagor the Enervator)

TKS

Mar 17, 2002, 4:25:08 PM3/17/02
And so Maxx Pollare <now...@spamtrap.gov> demanded a shubbery thus:

>I know most dragon 'horde' things, It's just natural. If you read any
>dragon lore on the subject you find that it's usually gold, silver, or
>even rare gems, but I'm certain that there are a few dragons here that
>horde chocolate too.

<snip>

T: MIDI files. If you've got any going spare, send them to me please! I've only
got 1Gb or so, so it isn't a big collection, but I intend to fill my hard drive
one day!

K: Absolutely nothing. If I can't eat it, I don't want it.

--
Terrana and Korran Seyath
T: DC2.DGhL480f320t650wWT4600tPhfwlt~SkfCag:bk,wbkBflA-Fr+NsMOH+$-Fpo++

Vincent

Mar 17, 2002, 5:24:10 PM3/17/02
On Sun, 17 Mar 2002 21:25:08 +0000, TKS <terr...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>T: MIDI files. If you've got any going spare, send them to me please! I've only
>got 1Gb or so, so it isn't a big collection, but I intend to fill my hard drive
>one day!
>
>K: Absolutely nothing. If I can't eat it, I don't want it.

And here I though I was the only one that still collects midi files :p
Say, do you know any good midi site links, all of my old standbys are
no more and I am trying to find a particular midi ???

Hoki-Aamrel the Cherry-red Dragon (Urpo Lankinen)

Mar 17, 2002, 5:45:11 PM3/17/02
Maxx Pollare <now...@spamtrap.gov> writes:

> I know most dragon 'horde' things, It's just natural.

"Ah, I personally do not think it's a hoarding issue - merely
appreciation of keeping earthly things you like close enough."

> If you read any dragon lore on the subject you find that it's
> usually gold, silver, or even rare gems, but I'm certain that there
> are a few dragons here that horde chocolate too.

"Now that is a thought. Personally, I think it should be consumed
rather than hoarded - it has a tendency to go bad in a, relatively
speaking, eyeblink."

"But I am an information gathering person. I like books", Hoki says.

("And I 'hoard' DVDs too", WWWWolf says.)

> No, no... Not 'that kind of' adult. I don't collect smut, I collect art!

("Why, that's what they always say", WWWWolf comments. "Of course, I'm
not the best person to say anything because I say so myself too...",
he says, and grins.)

--
================= Hoki-aamrel the Cherry-red Dragon =========================
DC2.Dw Gm L5.2m W T- Phflwt Sks http://www.geocities.com/hoki_dragon/

Lurkinglurker

Mar 17, 2002, 7:50:42 PM3/17/02

"Desu" <de...@vulturestarstream.net> wrote in message

> Oh yes, more pictures of dead animals and trains, and air raid sirens.
> Can't have enough of those.

One heavy duty relay, a nice phat power supply, and an electric alarm clock?

Can't imagine you sleeping through that..

--
Xz

Deranged Dragon

Mar 17, 2002, 7:52:47 PM3/17/02

ummm - I collect most everything, except food. Anyone care for some
chocolate?
Deranged Dragon
Maker of fine chocolates
and equally fine beverages.

TKS

Mar 18, 2002, 11:34:09 AM3/18/02
And so vin...@dynasty.net (Vincent) demanded a shubbery thus:

>On Sun, 17 Mar 2002 21:25:08 +0000, TKS <terr...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>

>>T: MIDI files. If you've got any going spare, send them to me please! I've only
>>got 1Gb or so, so it isn't a big collection, but I intend to fill my hard drive
>>one day!
>>
>>K: Absolutely nothing. If I can't eat it, I don't want it.
>
>And here I though I was the only one that still collects midi files :p
>Say, do you know any good midi site links, all of my old standbys are
>no more and I am trying to find a particular midi ???

T: Sorry, I tend to lose track of where I get the files from. But remember
always that Google is your friend! Unless you're using it for newsgroups that
is...

Xelerej

Mar 18, 2002, 8:27:58 PM3/18/02
On Sun, 17 Mar 2002 21:08:01 GMT, Tamfiiris Gloruloke
<gnu...@oink.co.uk> wrote:

>Slowly, slowly as the kauri tree did Maxx Pollare rise between the Earth and
>Sky:
>
>>Ummm, yes it's supese to be 'Hoard'...
>>*Mumble to himself* @#$% spell checkers...
>
>it's an eternal promble... who will spell cheque the spell chucker?

Eye halve a spelling chequer
It came with my pea sea
It clearly marks four my revue
Miss steaks eye can knot sea

>--
>Tamf
>
>Don't feed the Trolls! (Feed the Dragons instead ...)

In light of recent posts, I think more people should follow that
suggestion.

Xelerej - <snips small rant about what the troll can eat and where it
can go off to do so>

Maxx Pollare

Mar 19, 2002, 2:02:31 AM3/19/02

>>> Doctor Who Downloads...
>>
>> Do you have any links? I'm an old Dr Who fan. *grins* Too bad they
>> don't make a timelords scarf in dragon size...
>
> From the length of the thing that Tom Baker used to wear in the
> role, I thought it *was* dragon size....if not necessarily
> flameproof....but then who is?

*grins* Long but not wide enough, besides... I don't breath fire.

> Arcaton the artistic
> *returns to filched a copy of "Playdragon"*

Maxx Pollare

Mar 19, 2002, 2:32:06 AM3/19/02
Xelerej wrote in message news:3c93992f....@news.kivex.com

> It all depends on what your definition of horde [hoard?] is.
>
> If you mean "guard the item jealously and let nobody touch or think
> of touching or even really look funny at the item and woe to the
> person who trys anything while I'm not watching carefully" then the
> only thing I hoard is my boyfriend. *hugs and kisses in case he's
> reading this!*

Always a good thing to hoard...

> If you mean "have an inexplicable urge to collect and keep a large
> number of any given object for no apparent purpose but will let no
> one else have" then I hoard marbles. I don't play marbles, I just
> keep a jar of them in my room. Actually, in my closet. I don't
> even look at them, I just keep them and add to the jar whenever I
> get more. I have 172 plus 9 of the big ones used for shooting.
> Well, I never said it was a big hoard.

Yes, that's what I meant. I use to collect marbles too, but only the
creamy ones. I had 4 coffee cans full of marbles at one point.
Unfortunately I 'misplaced them' somewhere alone the way. I was
especially fond of the green creamies, they had a dark bluegreen color
with clear blue & green streaks. *sigh*

> If you mean "collect with the thought, however misguided, that the
> items might be useful later and will grudgingly share if the person
> asks reeeeeaaaaallly sweetly and promises to give me choklit in
> return" then I hoard empty containers. Boxes and glass jars and
> vitamin bottles and spray bottles...
> Those have come in very handy for surprise school projects.

Wow, I though only my mother did that. You should have seen the stuff she
had collected over the years. There was a truckload of 'useful'
containers alone. I don't even want to get into the packed 11 x 15 foot
storage shed she has full of 'quilting material' (all sorted into apple
boxes).

> If you mean "buy and catalog and re-catalog because it involves a
> hobby that you have that might make you some money if you play your
> cards right" then I hoard embroidery floss. I am working to get
> every color in existance and have managed 174 so far (out of 464,
> again not a big hoard but getting there)

Embroidery floss?
Well I'm not sure what that is but all the power to you...

I didn't loose my marbles, they were stolen from me. - unkown quote

Maxx Pollare

Mar 19, 2002, 2:41:10 AM3/19/02
Lurkinglurker wrote in message

>> I personally horde multimedia;
>> Hentai, furry-art, comics, music, commercials, short movies...
>>
>> I have libraries of the stuff. Sorted, organized, and safely lock
>> away in my vault. It's not the sort of thing that I like to share,
>> most of the content is of an adult nature.
>>
>> No, no... Not 'that kind of' adult. I don't collect smut, I collect
>> art!
>

> Well, it's not smut if you don't consider a strategically-positioned
> wingtip to be smut.

Exactly, never underestimate the value of a well placed appendage.
Fortunately most of my collection doesn't contain nude humans. If you've
seen one naked human, you have seen them all...

Well except for young maidens tied to stakes, I do find those oddly
arousing, *grins, distracted by the thought*

> You might have difficulty persuading most people of that though.
> <whisper> They think it's a fetish.. </whisper>

Only until it becomes popular, then it's just Alternative...

Maxx Pollare

Mar 19, 2002, 2:50:04 AM3/19/02

> One heavy duty relay, a nice phat power supply, and an electric
> alarm clock?
>
> Can't imagine you sleeping through that..

Sleeping through it... not likely
Watching the neighbors drop dead from 'early morning' heart attacks after
the first use... Priceless.

So I have a sick sense of humor, It's a family trait...

Maxx Pollare

Mar 19, 2002, 3:25:26 AM3/19/02
Urpo Lankinen) wrote in message news:m27koax...@suomi.net

>> I know most dragon 'hoard' things, It's just natural.

> "Ah, I personally do not think it's a hoarding issue - merely
> appreciation of keeping earthly things you like close enough."

About the same thing, It's not like we need to keep it around. Having
things around us is comforting.

>> If you read any dragon lore on the subject you find that it's
>> usually gold, silver, or even rare gems, but I'm certain that there

>> are a few dragons here that hoard chocolate too.

> "Now that is a thought. Personally, I think it should be consumed
> rather than hoarded - it has a tendency to go bad in a, relatively
> speaking, eyeblink."

Actually most chocolate has a 12 month life span. Temperature isn't a
problem ether, for the Gulf War special heat resistant bars were created.
Most hoarders of chocolate are 'more likely' to share their chocolate
long before it can go bad anyway.

Chocolate FAQs:
http://www.cals.wisc.edu/media/news/01_97/milkfat_chocolate.html
http://www.gourmetspot.com/factschocolate.htm
http://www.upi.com.ua/konditer/katalog/index/cocoa.htm

>> Not 'that kind of' adult. I don't collect smut, I collect art!
>
> ("Why, that's what they always say", WWWWolf comments. "Of course,
> I'm not the best person to say anything because I say so myself
> too...", he says, and grins.)

Never underestimate the value of a well placed appendage for changing
smut into art...

Maxx Pollare maxxp...@telusplanet.net {Animus ursi et anima tigris}
The Telekinetic/Empathic Furry Eastern Dragon of Wang Toodle

I didn't loose my marbles, they were stolen from me...

Arcaton

Mar 19, 2002, 3:42:04 PM3/19/02

> Urpo Lankinen) wrote in message news:m27koax...@suomi.net
>
>(slurp)

> Actually most chocolate has a 12 month life span. Temperature isn't a
> problem ether, for the Gulf War special heat resistant bars were created.
> Most hoarders of chocolate are 'more likely' to share their chocolate
> long before it can go bad anyway.

We bought some choccy at a wholesalers a few years ago for my (now late)
uncle..........
When he opened it it had the old "sugar bloom" on it .....thats when we
noticed that the competition on the wrappers had expired the previous year.
Arcaton
PS it was Anno Domini not the choccy that eventually did for him..........

Ceralor

Mar 19, 2002, 4:39:10 PM3/19/02
I was flying through the clouds, when suddenly I heard my comp beep. I had a
message from Maxx Pollare:

Well, speaking of floss, i collect useless junk. I keep it in my room, and
silently mourn when my mom trashes it.
--
Ceralor, Red Western Fire Dragon

/ / / / / Wingbrother to Nargus Streamwarrior
/ / / / /
/ / / / /
===/ /=== DC2.D+w+H+Sv Gm L4m W T200l Phkvwalt Sks Cre',vau!,kcu^ Bic
/ / |#/fl|# A+ Fr N? M- O H++ $ Ff/j/c/m/~ R+ Ac+++!
/ / J+ S- U I~# V? Q~[True emotion reading]
/<<\ Tc++[VB6, Calculator] E+
\__/ MSNMessenger: em...@iglou.com
\^^/ AIM: CmpScooter
\/

Desu

Mar 19, 2002, 5:53:44 PM3/19/02
"Lurkinglurker" <loca...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

> One heavy duty relay, a nice phat power supply, and an electric alarm
clock?

> Can't imagine you sleeping through that..

There's a few things I'll sleep through if they're "white noise," like
electric and fan hums.

I'm probably the only person on the planet that gets happy and ecstatic
listening to air raid sirens.

St. Desu of Eeyore: I have itthues.

--
DC2.D Gf L+ W T Phawlt Sks,hl,wl Ceb,ere Tc++(satcom) ° Omnia mutantur
B"napalm"/"guacamole" A+++ Fr++ N"alpine meadows" ° Nihil interit

Mr++v/ H++ $+ Fo++ R+++ Ac+ J+++! S+ I++# V+++ U* ° dragonneo.com/~desu

Kitryn de Pluie

Mar 19, 2002, 6:00:05 PM3/19/02
On Tue 19 Mar 2002 05:53:44p, "Desu" <de...@vulturestarstream.net> had the
audacity to state the following:
>> One heavy duty relay, a nice phat power supply, and an electric alarm
>> clock?
>>
>> Can't imagine you sleeping through that..
>
> There's a few things I'll sleep through if they're "white noise," like
> electric and fan hums.

...I can't hardly sleep *without* electric and fan hums.

--
Kitryn de Pluie the Anthro Fox
DC: DC2.H^Mcf Gm L6f W T Pw Sku Cbk,bag,ebl,cag,wrb A- Fr++"mango" Nu
M(r+v+++1|2*) Ov+3 F+o R+ Ac+++ J+ S- U--- I V Q Tc++[anything but
programming] E

Xelerej

Mar 19, 2002, 6:01:35 PM3/19/02
On Tue, 19 Mar 2002 07:32:06 +0000 (UTC), Maxx Pollare
<now...@spamtrap.gov> wrote:

>Xelerej wrote in message news:3c93992f....@news.kivex.com
>
>> It all depends on what your definition of horde [hoard?] is.
>>
>> If you mean "guard the item jealously and let nobody touch or think
>> of touching or even really look funny at the item and woe to the
>> person who trys anything while I'm not watching carefully" then the
>> only thing I hoard is my boyfriend. *hugs and kisses in case he's
>> reading this!*
>
>Always a good thing to hoard...

Only one per hoard at a time though. Otherwise, you're just looking
for trouble. ^_^

>> If you mean "have an inexplicable urge to collect and keep a large
>> number of any given object for no apparent purpose but will let no
>> one else have" then I hoard marbles. I don't play marbles, I just
>> keep a jar of them in my room. Actually, in my closet. I don't
>> even look at them, I just keep them and add to the jar whenever I
>> get more. I have 172 plus 9 of the big ones used for shooting.
>> Well, I never said it was a big hoard.
>
>Yes, that's what I meant. I use to collect marbles too, but only the
>creamy ones. I had 4 coffee cans full of marbles at one point.
>Unfortunately I 'misplaced them' somewhere alone the way. I was
>especially fond of the green creamies, they had a dark bluegreen color
>with clear blue & green streaks. *sigh*

I have a bunch of creamy ones and some that are clear with a bit of
colored material inside and some that are just one clear color and
some that look like they've been dropped in a gasoline covered puddle.

>> If you mean "collect with the thought, however misguided, that the
>> items might be useful later and will grudgingly share if the person
>> asks reeeeeaaaaallly sweetly and promises to give me choklit in
>> return" then I hoard empty containers. Boxes and glass jars and
>> vitamin bottles and spray bottles...
>> Those have come in very handy for surprise school projects.
>
>Wow, I though only my mother did that. You should have seen the stuff she
>had collected over the years. There was a truckload of 'useful'
>containers alone. I don't even want to get into the packed 11 x 15 foot
>storage shed she has full of 'quilting material' (all sorted into apple
>boxes).

This one is weird. I only get the urge to hoard empty stuff every
once in a while. Then, when I've got a big colection, something
happens where I need a lot of it.

>> If you mean "buy and catalog and re-catalog because it involves a
>> hobby that you have that might make you some money if you play your
>> cards right" then I hoard embroidery floss. I am working to get
>> every color in existance and have managed 174 so far (out of 464,
>> again not a big hoard but getting there)
>
>Embroidery floss?
>Well I'm not sure what that is but all the power to you...

I cross-stitch. Embroidery floss is the thread used to make pretty
pictures if you've got enough patience. I regularly get odd looks and
cries of "I could *never* do something as complicated as that!"

>I didn't loose my marbles, they were stolen from me. - unkown quote

And I didn't escape, they gave me a day pass. - also unknown but I saw
it on a shirt.

>--
>Maxx Pollare maxxp...@telusplanet.net {Animus ursi et anima tigris}

Xelerej - cross-stitcher extrordinaire!

Wertle

Mar 19, 2002, 6:45:23 PM3/19/02

>...I can't hardly sleep *without* electric and fan hums.

Same here, I grew up living right behind an airport, so when I moved, it was
*too* quiet for me to fall asleep! I still need to sleep with either a fan on
or the hum of my computer.

~Wertle~
Chair-dragon of Resilience
DC2.D Gf L W+ T+ Pfwlt Sks C~ Bfl&"secret" A Fr++ Nn M--- O H+ $-- F+ R+ Ac J++
S+ U-- I- V+ Q Tc+
http://www.dragonneo.com/~wertle

Flame Stryke

Mar 19, 2002, 9:11:06 PM3/19/02

Xelerej wrote:

> I cross-stitch.

Counted cross-stitch or pre-printed? And, no, I don't cross-stitch, my host's
mother and sister do, though.

--
Flame Stryke DC2.D~ Gm L120f60t180w W T Pawl Sks Cbk,ere Bfl A+++! Fr++ Nm M O
H+ $ Fo R+++! Ac+ J-- S++ U! I# V+++! Q Tc++
Black dragon, red eyes, changeling, mage.
--
"You don't exist. Go away." -- Redhat Linux 7.1 Pro Server error message

Flame Stryke

Mar 19, 2002, 9:15:22 PM3/19/02

Wertle wrote:

> >...I can't hardly sleep *without* electric and fan hums.
>
> Same here, I grew up living right behind an airport, so when I moved, it was
> *too* quiet for me to fall asleep! I still need to sleep with either a fan on
> or the hum of my computer.

For me, my house was too hot in the summer so I put a fan in my window and had it
running 24x7 all summer, except when it rained. Then I just turned it off and left
it in the window, unless it ained hard. Then I pulled it out of the window
(usually with a good deal of water splashing all over me from the bottom of the
fan) and closed the window until it stopped. Now, I'm so used to the sound that I
need it to sleep.

--
Flame Stryke DC2.D~ Gm L120f60t180w W T Pawl Sks Cbk,ere Bfl A+++! Fr++ Nm M O H+ $
Fo R+++! Ac+ J-- S++ U! I# V+++! Q Tc++
Black dragon, red eyes, changeling, mage.
--

"Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your Microsoft product." -- bd

Vincent

Mar 19, 2002, 9:30:08 PM3/19/02

I have added a 25 cfm to my puter, it sounds like a tornado :)
Now I don't need to have a fan running so I can get to sleep

Sonarrat Citalis

Mar 20, 2002, 1:36:50 AM3/20/02
n...@spam.dude (Kitryn de Pluie) wrote in message news:<Xns91D6B748...@198.99.146.10>...

> On Tue 19 Mar 2002 05:53:44p, "Desu" <de...@vulturestarstream.net> had the
> audacity to state the following:
> >> One heavy duty relay, a nice phat power supply, and an electric alarm
> >> clock?
> >>
> >> Can't imagine you sleeping through that..
> >
> > There's a few things I'll sleep through if they're "white noise," like
> > electric and fan hums.
>
> ...I can't hardly sleep *without* electric and fan hums.

I thought I was the only one!! For months I couldn't sleep because of
all the dogs in the neighborhood. Ever since then (4, 5 years ago?)
I've had a fan on all night, every night, even on the rare occasions
that it was below freezing outside.

-Sonarrat.

Desu

Mar 20, 2002, 4:23:53 AM3/20/02
"Kitryn de Pluie" <n...@spam.dude> wrote in message

> ...I can't hardly sleep *without* electric and fan hums.

I keep my fan on the floor next to my bed so not only do I get the hum but
the breeze as well (cos I don't like non-circulating air when I sleep).
Additionally, by keeping it inside, I don't waste heat or cool.

Another thing I found that will conk me right out is ... Hummers. Every
time I've been a passenger in one, I fell right asleep. When I was driving
them it was a real battle to stay awake. The combination of the droning
engine, the vibration, the backseat and flak vest providing head/neck
support proved to be irresistable... I'm getting sleepy just thinking about
it.
About the only time I was ever wide awake in one is when I was manning the
M-60 and then it's like riding a buckin' bronc; grab the strap and hold on
cos you're in for a wild ride. :p

St. Desu of Eeyore: waxing nostalgic

Lurkinglurker

Mar 20, 2002, 7:16:48 AM3/20/02

"Flame Stryke" <flame_...@geocities.com> wrote in message

> Wertle wrote:
>

> > >...I can't hardly sleep *without* electric and fan hums.
> >
> > Same here, I grew up living right behind an airport, so when I moved, it
was
> > *too* quiet for me to fall asleep! I still need to sleep with either a
fan on
> > or the hum of my computer.
>
> For me, my house was too hot in the summer so I put a fan in my window and
had it
> running 24x7 all summer, except when it rained. Then I just turned it off
and left
> it in the window, unless it ained hard. Then I pulled it out of the
window
> (usually with a good deal of water splashing all over me from the bottom
of the
> fan) and closed the window until it stopped. Now, I'm so used to the
sound that I
> need it to sleep.

You as well? I thought I was the only one who'd think of putting an 8"
motorised prop in the window. I wouldn't try sleeping with that noise
though.. not unless I want to feel like I'm on an airship anyway.

--
Xz

Xelerej

Mar 20, 2002, 7:10:33 PM3/20/02
On Wed, 20 Mar 2002 02:11:06 GMT, Flame Stryke
<flame_...@geocities.com> wrote:

>Xelerej wrote:
>
>> I cross-stitch.
>
>Counted cross-stitch or pre-printed? And, no, I don't cross-stitch, my host's
>mother and sister do, though.

Counted and I sometimes do my own charts for worded stuff.
Pre-printed is cheating. One of the projects I'm working on right now
is called Winter's Lace. *looks, looks, looks* Yeah, here it is!

http://www.dctcrafts.com/crafts/dim35009.htm

>--
>Flame Stryke DC2.D~ Gm L120f60t180w W T Pawl Sks Cbk,ere Bfl A+++! Fr++ Nm M O

Xelerej - born with needle in hand

Flame Stryke

Mar 20, 2002, 7:47:09 PM3/20/02

Xelerej wrote:

> >Counted cross-stitch or pre-printed? And, no, I don't cross-stitch, my host's
> >mother and sister do, though.
>
> Counted and I sometimes do my own charts for worded stuff.
> Pre-printed is cheating. One of the projects I'm working on right now
> is called Winter's Lace. *looks, looks, looks* Yeah, here it is!

Have you heard of a program called Cross Stitch Designer? It's a nice little
proggie in which you can import an image and have it converted into a counted
cross-stitch pattern which you can print, complete with thread colours already
numbered for you.

--
Flame Stryke DC2.D~ Gm L120f60t180w W T Pawl Sks Cbk,ere Bfl A+++! Fr++ Nm M O H+ $

Fo R+++! Ac+ J-- S++ U! I# V+++! Q Tc++
Black dragon, red eyes, changeling, mage.

Flame Stryke

Mar 20, 2002, 7:48:45 PM3/20/02