finding a name?

syveti

Aug 24, 2021, 2:26:34 AM8/24/21
we all have online names that we go by, some for many years, but some people have their own "dragon name", for lack of a better term. i'll be real- my online name and the name i use for my draconic self have been super all over the place and i've been looking into using a steady name seperate from the one i typically use online for games and social media and stuff for years. i'm curious, if you do have a name like this, how did it come about? how did you find one you're really attached to? does it have any special meaning?

i realize that some people probably use their real name or their main online name because they are a dragon and don't need to make that distinction, and so forth, but for the sake of my small little brain's perception of my reality and also just for fun, i felt like asking!

IIZard

Aug 24, 2021, 5:13:29 PM8/24/21
On Tuesday, 24 August 2021 at 07:26:34 UTC+1, [snip] wrote:
> we all have online names that we go by, some for many years, but some people have their own "dragon name", for lack of a better term. i'll be real- my online name and the name i use for my draconic self have been super all over the place and i've been looking into using a steady name seperate from the one i typically use online for games and social media and stuff for years. i'm curious, if you do have a name like this, how did it come about? how did you find one you're really attached to? does it have any special meaning?
>
> i realize that some people probably use their real name or their main online name because they are a dragon and don't need to make that distinction, and so forth, but for the sake of my small little brain's perception of my reality and also just for fun, i felt like asking!

Mine's actually a fairly crude acronym.
Very dragon related, of course.
*nods*

Raeadh`ani

Aug 25, 2021, 11:26:03 AM8/25/21
I feel like a lot of people who use a separate name tend to think of it as very personal. Not everyone, of course :) Its all about what is most comfortable for you!

For my name, I got it a little over 20 years ago while I stepped my feet initially into the world of online rp, mucks and other such communities. At the time, one of the roleplay elements which was used was a language referred to as druatch. While you can still find tidbits of info about the language online, I highly doubt that it's in use anywhere these days as everyone seems to have fallen off the map. Anyway, that's where my name came from, and initial character online which grew, developed and eventually was just one element of my personality.

I use it as my username pretty much everywhere I have a presence. I'm sure a name for you will come to you when the time is right :)

Raeadh`ani

Sfyx

Nov 28, 2021, 10:43:31 AM11/28/21
I feel you! My dragon name came to me in something like a Daydream I guess. You know, sometimes when I blink there is an Image or a sound or something that flashes through my head and I usually remember it. Well and with Sfyx/Sfyxon was Like that... it maybe has some special meaning in my home world, idk and also absolutely no meaning in this world x=8D if you search that in google, it throws a bunch of weird diagrams at you...

Hope that helps! If you dream any special 'word' maybe write it down and think about it. If it feels like a name it might be that

Azaphaer Solaris

Aug 11, 2022, 4:43:55 PM8/11/22
I found my draconic name in meditation, although it is more a crude translation of my true name into human tongue. My species as an astral dragon does not have a spoken language so "Azaphaer" isn't quite what my name is, but the only way a human could attempt to pronounce it.

jin xun

Aug 12, 2022, 7:25:42 AM8/12/22
在 2021年8月24日星期二 UTC+8 14:26:34,<syv...@gmail.com> 写道:
> we all have online names that we go by, some for many years, but some people have their own "dragon name", for lack of a better term. i'll be real- my online name and the name i use for my draconic self have been super all over the place and i've been looking into using a steady name seperate from the one i typically use online for games and social media and stuff for years. i'm curious, if you do have a name like this, how did it come about? how did you find one you're really attached to? does it have any special meaning?
>
> i realize that some people probably use their real name or their main online name because they are a dragon and don't need to make that distinction, and so forth, but for the sake of my small little brain's perception of my reality and also just for fun, i felt like asking!

It's rather similar for me, my dragon name is not even in a "language", but just a kind of feeling as a self-description. so I have my dragon name in my mother tongue as the closest description to it, and this alphabetic one is just some concatenation of prefixes and suffixes since I don't know a lot on morphology