Greetings!

Grissess Macookwee

Oct 13, 2021, 2:14:43 AM10/13/21
Hello, folks!

I can't say I've lurked here for long, but I've tarried for some time (admittedly, acquainting myself with this interface)--and it's difficult to overstate how heartening it is for me to have found this community... Though I do notice, with some dismay, that its activity has diminished with time, I'd like to thank the ones who are keeping the lights on.

I'd have no qualm doing such myself, but technology conspires against me; when I was far too young seems to have been the heyday of Usenet and NNTP, and--while I'm treading ascetic the ways of the old masters (and I rightly should figure out how to use a terminal news reader)--it seems the world has moved on from such things, and it gets more and more difficult to simply have functioning, much less justify, a browser tab devoted to a web reader. (Not that I wouldn't want to, of course, but I am an imperfect creature, my memory fallible, and my devices fickle--I'll still try my best :)

If this community has moved elsewhere, I'd like to follow--if even just to lurk. I notice a Discord thread a way back (with links seemingly rotted), but I believe netiquette discourages me from "necroposting"--and regular etiquette gives me an excuse to say hello anyway. (I'll cede Discord to be "as much modern RTIM as I'm willing to handle", as I begrudge the decrepit state of my old IRC bouncer :)

But enough griping about technology; let there be dragons!

Be well,
Grissess

Raeadh`ani

Oct 18, 2021, 12:23:19 PM10/18/21
Hello & welcome! So glad that you've decided to come out from lurking :)

I believe there is a discord but I've been remiss in getting the updated link - hopefully someone more knowledgeable than myself can pass that along to the both of us!

I'm sorry that I don't have much more than that to offer by way of information but I did just want to say hello and that I'm so glad to see you!!

Raeadh`ani

Grissess Macookwee

Oct 20, 2021, 3:30:26 PM10/20/21
Thank you! I'll look forward to said links, but in the meantime: you've helpfully confirmed that I have issues in receiving emails--apologies for the delay :)

Have a good one,
Grissess

IIZard

Nov 28, 2021, 4:50:30 PM11/28/21
Welcome,
And despair no longer, for you are here and are active!
The conspirators who design technology have been defeated by your very hand!
Rejoice!

Well..
Maybe not rejoice but..
Welcome anyway ]:=8)

-IIZ

Grissess Macookwee

Nov 29, 2021, 1:39:37 PM11/29/21
("Defeated" is more "assuaged, by leaving a tab open next to work's webmail". It's been working so far, though :)

Thanks for the welcome!
- Grissess

Rakeela

Dec 20, 2021, 1:48:38 AM12/20/21
I think the email feature might help keep the lights on. Plus whoever tries to post! I am myself the last contributor to a forum called "Dragon Realms Reborn"... I recommend against being worried about necroposting. I don't understand that netiquette much, and I wonder if the bias against necroposting keeps people from productively reconnecting with old friends and old ideas. Or perhaps as I ought to say (in a more Socratic mien), why is "necroposting" a bad thing?

Ekena

Jan 8, 2022, 12:40:51 AM1/8/22
**snip**

I wouldn't worry to much about necroposting at all especially if you see a thread that interests you. Although I can think of a couple of threads from way back where I would avoid necroposting as we really don't need those to come back to life!
🤣🤣😂😅

wy

Jan 26, 2022, 11:22:00 PM1/26/22
On Friday, January 7, 2022 at 9:40:51 PM UTC-8, Ekena wrote:
> **snip**
>
> I wouldn't worry to much about necroposting at all especially if you see a thread that interests you. Although I can think of a couple of threads from way back where I would avoid necroposting as we really don't need those to come back to life!
> 🤣🤣😂😅
All afd posts are blasts from the past.

Ekena

Jan 27, 2022, 1:42:41 AM1/27/22