How old is this place anyways?

cnnr...@gmail.com

Dec 26, 2018, 2:35:58 PM12/26/18
Message has been deleted

mthar...@gmail.com

Dec 27, 2018, 9:59:57 PM12/27/18
I was subscribed when I had an Amiga 1000 with a 1200/75 modem and Usenet ran on a POST network. Mid 80's I think.

Lord Flame Stryke

Dec 29, 2018, 8:26:14 PM12/29/18
cnnr...@gmail.com wrote in news:1129b424-16a1-407c-aa6a-
f337f8...@googlegroups.com:

I can't find the statistics for posts per month, but it was long ago. I
first encountered it in 1995 and it was well established by that time.
Maybe for 12 years before that? Maybe 14?

Lord Flame Stryke
--

DC2.D~ Gm L120f60t180w W T Phwalt Sks Cbk,ere' Bfl A+++! Fr+++ Nm M+ O H+
$ Fc~ R+++! Ac+++ J+ S++ U! I# V+++! Q Tc++ E++
Draco nigrum, oculi rubere, suppositus, magus.
Holder of the Scroll of Nobility from Lady Viriatha, Keeper of the Wand of
Sparklies in its case from Hex, Wielder of the Lady Viri Signature 4x8 from
Ysable, Eater of the Mint Cheesecake from Whisper, Mate to Lady Viriatha,
Owner of Flame Stryke's Windex© Factory, Lord Balloonmaker, Borrower of the
Ebony Wood Fife from Luxatos, Accepter of the Small Statue of a Green
Dragon Covered in Ice Cream Toppings from Juniper, Employer of a miniature
Jester doll from SeaKing, Bearer of the Magic Ever-Bill from SeaKing,
Carrier of the gold piece from whisper: o, Builder of Dragon Fyre Keep,
First Dragon of Realism, Giver of the Pickaxe of Icebreaking to Kalos,
Winner of the *shiny* riddle award from Pegasus, Wearer of the big *shiny*
medal of posting-ness from Pegasus, Taker of the Gold Medal for Most Posts
in March 2007 (369), Aquirer of the little blue flower from Pegasus,
Requirer of the .sig barber as informed by Lady Viriatha, Adopter of the
Scale of Rememberance from Gray Wing

--
"Safety Third." -- Herd Thinners

Anvil*

Jan 3, 2019, 9:54:04 AM1/3/19
thoughts drift by
-----
<recalling ExixtingPhantom cites 1 December 1993 for Usenet AFD>
<being in distant SPACE I, being read only such for a time>
--
Anvil*

Lord Flame Stryke

Jan 6, 2019, 7:13:33 PM1/6/19
"Anvil*" <anvil....@gmail.com> wrote in news:238cd313-3831-487e-951e-
2242a3...@googlegroups.com:
Hey Anvil. Long time no think!

Lord Flame Stryke
--

DC2.D~ Gm L120f60t180w W T Phwalt Sks Cbk,ere' Bfl A+++! Fr+++ Nm M+ O H+
$ Fc~ R+++! Ac+++ J+ S++ U! I# V+++! Q Tc++ E++
Draco nigrum, oculi rubere, suppositus, magus.
Holder of the Scroll of Nobility from Lady Viriatha, Keeper of the Wand of
Sparklies in its case from Hex, Wielder of the Lady Viri Signature 4x8 from
Ysable, Eater of the Mint Cheesecake from Whisper, Mate to Lady Viriatha,
Owner of Flame Stryke's WindexŠ Factory, Lord Balloonmaker, Borrower of the
Ebony Wood Fife from Luxatos, Accepter of the Small Statue of a Green
Dragon Covered in Ice Cream Toppings from Juniper, Employer of a miniature
Jester doll from SeaKing, Bearer of the Magic Ever-Bill from SeaKing,
Carrier of the gold piece from whisper: o, Builder of Dragon Fyre Keep,
First Dragon of Realism, Giver of the Pickaxe of Icebreaking to Kalos,
Winner of the *shiny* riddle award from Pegasus, Wearer of the big *shiny*
medal of posting-ness from Pegasus, Taker of the Gold Medal for Most Posts
in March 2007 (369), Aquirer of the little blue flower from Pegasus,
Requirer of the .sig barber as informed by Lady Viriatha, Adopter of the
Scale of Rememberance from Gray Wing

--
There is such thing as an edible, nay delicious, meat pie
floater, its mushy peas of just the right consistency, its

Quelonzia Prismdancer

Mar 1, 2019, 1:24:18 PM3/1/19
On 12/26/18 2:35 PM, cnnr...@gmail.com wrote:

1993, 1994, somewhere around there I think...

--
' '
( ) "...And as full of wonder in this ancient age,

lauren...@wyrm.org.uk

Oct 19, 2019, 10:53:11 PM10/19/19
Greetings.

Yes, that's about the right founding year for this place (1993/1994).

Wyrm.

lauren...@wyrm.org.uk

Oct 19, 2019, 11:01:15 PM10/19/19
Greetings.

In fact, I remember now, it started in December 1993.
I joined in October 1994.

Wyrm.

Athane the Dream Dragon

Feb 10, 2020, 3:20:43 AM2/10/20
On Wed, 26 Dec 2018 11:35:57 -0800 (PST), cnnr...@gmail.com wrote:

I think I joined in the late 90's and it had been going some then.
Somewhere I have a christmas card from one of my fellow dragons.

Regards

Athane
--
Dragons carry you on wings, soft with sleep,
never further than your soul will keep...

Athane: Ddr Whi A Y++ We Si Ac+ Q+ Ch+ Co++ Di++ Wi Ta Ho- Ea-- Hk++ Hd++ : -==(UDIC)==-

Streak, Silver Dragon

May 25, 2020, 4:27:00 AM5/25/20
On Wednesday, December 26, 2018 at 2:35:58 PM UTC-5, cnnr...@gmail.com wrote:

You know, I'm not 100% sure...I've been here for the past 20+ years. I say + because I don't remember exactly when I joined, it was the late 90's like 97'ish. (I think). Boy, those were different times back then!

Existing Phantom (EP)

May 26, 2020, 1:40:49 PM5/26/20
Correct! The newsgroup was created on 12/1/93.

~ ........... ....... . . . ~
~ . . . Nasha tai no kasei! . . ~
~ ... ....... . . ~
~ . . Prosperity and Long Life, To You. ~
~ .... Existing . Phantom . . ~
~ . . ~

Lord Flame Stryke

May 30, 2020, 1:20:55 AM5/30/20
"Streak, Silver Dragon" <dragon....@gmail.com> wrote in
They certainly were. I miss those times.

Lord Flame Stryke
--

DC2.D~ Gm L120f60t180w W T Phwalt Sks Cbk,ere' Bfl A+++! Fr+++ Nm M+ O H+
$ Fc~ R+++! Ac+++ J+ S++ U! I# V+++! Q Tc++ E++
Vutha darastrix, charir saurivic, relinkur, hewa.
Holder of the Scroll of Nobility from Lady Viriatha, Keeper of the Wand
of Sparklies in its case from Hex, Wielder of the Lady Viri Signature 4x8
from Ysable, Eater of the Mint Cheesecake from Whisper, Mate to Lady
Viriatha, Owner of Flame Stryke's WindexŠ Factory, Lord Balloonmaker,
Borrower of the Ebony Wood Fife from Luxatos, Accepter of the Small
Statue of a Green Dragon Covered in Ice Cream Toppings from Juniper,
Employer of a miniature Jester doll from SeaKing, Bearer of the Magic
Ever-Bill from SeaKing, Carrier of the gold piece from whisper: o,
Builder of Dragon Fyre Keep, First Dragon of Realism, Giver of the
Pickaxe of Icebreaking to Kalos, Winner of the *shiny* riddle award from
Pegasus, Wearer of the big *shiny* medal of posting-ness from Pegasus,
Taker of the Gold Medal for Most Posts in March 2007 (369), Aquirer of
the little blue flower from Pegasus, Requirer of the .sig barber as
informed by Lady Viriatha, Adopter of the Scale of Rememberance from Gray
Wing

--
"Idaho state law makes it illegal for a man to give his
sweetheart a box of candy weighing less than fifty pounds." --