New Derg Here!

jin xun

Feb 24, 2022, 2:56:57 AM2/24/22
This is Krystjarnlod, a newly awaken dragon last year. I came from a rather small dragonkin community and then found draconic, then their chat, then here.
It seems this place can be dated back to the very first dragon communities in 90's, and a lot of early members of this community is still gathered here.
It was not until recent times did I come out of the comfort zone in the small site I was in and look at the greater community. For this reason I am looking forward to meeting with various new dergs here.

As for my experiences in awakening, I have talked a lot about it in another channel before and please forgive me for just copying it here since I have been terribly busy recent days.

When I was very young I actually didn't have a very clear sense of dragons, but there was already pieces of clues that points to it, for example I was always wondering why my body has only skin but not scales, or only hands and feet but not claws, and often got frustrated on that. Another two things I experience most clearly are that since that age, whenever I am tired and try to imagine someone to turn to, it would intuitively be a dragon, and a scene in my mind of me flying at high speed and high altitude like a rocket, which I would say is more like an instinct than memory. Thinking of such scene has a special power that make me calm down and feel like "being myself". But I think at that time I was just having an affinity to dragons and haven't awaken.

My awakening was several years ago when I first saw the cg of valstrax in MH series, when I feel suddenly all the pieces deep in my mind was stringed together. There was an immediate thought that struck my head that "this is what I should be". And a lot of instinctive feelings including the scene said above was suddenly called to be alive and pieced together to be a picture of "my lifestyle". Watching the video again and again, I couldn't help thinking of that valstrax as another individual of my kind, and couldn't refrain myself from the impulse to fly with her, show myself to her, and to please her. It's then that I found I was more than just have an affinity for dragons and actually identifying myself as dragon in my spirit.

Since it was that figure in the video games that triggered my awakening, I initially took it as my appearance but I have never stopped in enquiring my true form. By now I have actually deviated much from that initial appearance, though such difference might not be very prominent at first sight except for my special wing configuration.

This might look messy and if you have any questions about me you can just ask in your replies
I am glad to answer.

Ekena

Mar 2, 2022, 10:45:56 PM3/2/22

YARK AND FARSOOTH!!! <tm:Ebony> Howdy and welcome! It is noce to see a new face! There are a few of us that seem to spot check the group when we can and post replies. I myself only just returned not too long ago in the scheme of things after a very long absence. I try to spot check the group when I can now as well on semi-regular basis. 😀 I first joined the group in the mid 90's. The group tends to be quite quiet now, but it you are patient enought a few more might pop in and say hello.

Ekena

DC2.Dw Gf L W- sks C_ A+ Fr+++ Fr+++! Fr^ Nw H++ F FolFj R++ AC+ J S U-- 1# V--- Q--- TC E+

Azaphaer Solaris

Aug 11, 2022, 4:17:09 PM8/11/22
Oh hey, Krystjarnlod! Nice to see you here :>