Grupos de Google ya no admite nuevas publicaciones ni suscripciones de Usenet. El contenido anterior sigue siendo visible.

Boy am I confused . . .

Visto 0 veces
Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Kerry B Boyce

no leída,
5 mar 1995, 19:39:065/3/95
Okay. Is there any dragon out there who could possibly explain in
human terms exactly what is going on on this newsgroup. When I saw it I
figured it was a group for people, like me, who just love dragons. I
think I was a bit off. Any help would be appreciated.

-Thanks!
Kerry Boyce
-very committed dragon lover

Aaron F Johnson

no leída,
6 mar 1995, 10:49:496/3/95

It's really quite simple. There's this thing that Dragons call
the River of Thought (or Dreams) that humans insist on calling the
Internet and saying that it is a technological creation (which is utter
nonsense, of course. The humans have just tapped into that which we have
been using for centuries). All of the Dragons of this world and many
others can access the River, as can many of their friends and kin, and
communicate with each other. Some Dragons haven't found their way here
yet, or chose not to speak here very often. Others (myself included) are
quite verbose. Any and all who find their way here are welcome, so long
as they are civil, and can keep their egos in check (glaring at choice
members of the Conclave).

Aaron F. Johnson |"Do not meddle in the affairs of
aka Draco Draconis Eboni | Dragons, for you are chewy
aka Ebony the Black Dragon | and taste good dipped in
afj...@jove.acs.unt.edu | chocolate."
"I'm a Black Dragon trapped in a White Man's Body! YARK!!!"
Nobody WANTS my opinions!

Just Dragon in his lair

no leída,
6 mar 1995, 16:25:286/3/95

It's fairly simple really, we're just a bunch/herd/collection of dragons
enjoying ourselves.

We have a few human friends. It is a good idea for them to identify themselves
to the census taker, Whelp. That way they are less likely to be accidentally
devoured.

You might even be able to find a dragon who needs a human typist, but be
careful of Blackburn in that respect; he cooks one or two a day for his lovely
daughter Ashanti. :-)

We also have a few non-human companions, who provide various forms of
entertainement and interaction.

If you're going to keep up with everthing that goes on AFD may I suggest that
you learn to speed-read or just dedicate all your spare time to it. :-)

Join us and enjoy.

--
Just Dragon
I only seem to have a name when I'm in human form.

Jenna Hegler

no leída,
6 mar 1995, 16:42:256/3/95
When I joined the newsgroup in September, that was indeed what the
newsgroup was, for humans dicussing aspects of dragons. I liked
reading the group because as a very solitary dragon of Canadian
origon, every scrap of news that I could get about dragons was used to
ease my loneliness. One day, another real dragon revealed himself on
the board. I had assumed that I was the only real one left in the
world and so watched very carefully for the next week or so to see if
he was a fraud. Several others revealed themselves in the same week,
following that brave soul's lead, and after hearing how insightful
some of them were, I too jumped in with both feet and told the truth
about my identity which before I had only revealed to the very closest
of friends. Since that time, the human's have basically been driven
off this board (except for the several strong-hearted dragon friends).
In the short span of several months, 160+ dragons have introduced
themselves. We use this computer medium to do what has been
impossible to do for eaons, discuss with our own kind our unique intrests,
problems and lifestyles, make new friends that we share something
incredible with- being such a rare species. I was skeptical at first
too, but here I have enjoyed a freedom that cannot be discribed in
words, being for the first time in my 120 years, able to enjoy my
dragonness with those able to appriciate it in a open-minded and
hospitable way. Hope this rather long message clears up some stuff
for you.

Shinewing the Ice, currently trapped in human form - Jenna

Steen Eugen Poulsen

no leída,
6 mar 1995, 16:53:586/3/95
[Kerry Boyce The Hooman writes:]

> Okay. Is there any dragon out there who could possibly explain in
> human terms exactly what is going on on this newsgroup. When I saw it I
> figured it was a group for people, like me, who just love dragons. I
> think I was a bit off. Any help would be appreciated.

Well, most of us don't mind being loved, so you are most welcome here.

alt.fan.dragons is about Dragons, usually it was just hoomans talking
about Dragons, but we dragons needed a place where we could speak with
each other and therefore took over the main conversation. Your questions,
stories, etc. is still welcome here and any questions you have can be
answered much more precise when dragons themselves answer.

> -very committed dragon lover

Then you are probably also mad at those writers who use ButDragon and
BeavDragon as role models. How can anyone picture the most magnificent
being as dumb, I'm considering going on a mindless rampage just because
of it. :)

Miravlix is smiling

---------------------------------------------It's-Magic--
- Steen Eugen Poulsen eu...@ibm.net -
- A.C.O.T./2 fidonet#2:234/13.0 -
- BBS +45-56148595 (22:00 - 16:30 CET) -

Nathan D Kolarik

no leída,
6 mar 1995, 22:53:226/3/95
In <sHuMlGjb...@ibm.net> eu...@ibm.net (Steen Eugen Poulsen) writes:

<cut>

>Then you are probably also mad at those writers who use ButDragon and
>BeavDragon as role models. How can anyone picture the most magnificent
>being as dumb, I'm considering going on a mindless rampage just because
>of it. :)

Uuuuh. Huh-huh. He's like, all uptight about being a dragon, or something.
<Yeah...hehhehmMmhehheh. You said, 'tight.' Hey Buttdragon, what's
magnufcient?>
That's like, how gifted people talk when they like something.
<Oh yeah...hehhem. Well, um, are we magnufcient?>
No, dillhole. We're cool.

C'mon, you gotta admit, you asked for that one. :)

>Miravlix is smiling

Earthshaker
<An' Nate>
--
Nathan D Kolarik
nkol...@iastate.edu

Quentinus

no leída,
7 mar 1995, 12:14:547/3/95
On Mon, 6 Mar 1995, Kerry B Boyce wrote:

> Okay. Is there any dragon out there who could possibly explain in
> human terms exactly what is going on on this newsgroup. When I saw it I
> figured it was a group for people, like me, who just love dragons. I
> think I was a bit off. Any help would be appreciated.

Heh. It started off that way, but then we took over. (In a bloodless
coup, maybe, depending on who you ask, or maybe those dragons ate
everyone, I wasn't there so I don't know).

AS for exactly what is going on, well, umm, just use your eyes.
Everything is going on. At once :) And no, it doesn't necessarily make sense.

Humans who love dragons are welcome on this group (I think!). Just take
care not to get stepped on / eaten / flamed and you'll be fine :)

Quentinus

Quentinus

no leída,
7 mar 1995, 12:19:217/3/95
On Mon, 6 Mar 1995, Just Dragon in his lair wrote:

> It's fairly simple really, we're just a bunch/herd/collection of dragons

^^^^^^^^^^

We're not fruit! Neither are we cattle!

> Just Dragon

Now, I know there was a never-settled dispute about what to call
ourselves, but I think those two take it a bit too far!

Quentinus. Not usually too worried about dignity :) [ ribbit, folks :>
remember ], but....

Drakkon

no leída,
7 mar 1995, 16:33:117/3/95

We are a FLIGHT of Dragons! Read the book!

Literate, but having to deal with a small keyboard, the NetDragon, aka:

His Imperious Magnatude, Drakkon, the Great High Wyrm of Aldeb IV

Power Corrupts, but Absolute Power's kinda neet!

War is Hell, unless your 2000' long and Breath Fire. Then It's Fun.

If the Universe is created, and nobody's been born yet, does it make
a sound?

Drakkon

no leída,
8 mar 1995, 16:22:128/3/95
> Aaron F Johnson (afj...@jove.acs.unt.edu) wrote:
>
> Any and all who find their way here are welcome, so long
> as they are civil, and can keep their egos in check (glaring at choice
> members of the Conclave).

I've never written a chack my ego couldn't cash!, the NetDragon, aka:

Drakkon

no leída,
8 mar 1995, 16:23:068/3/95

Check Check Check! I hate these human-sized keyboards!

Knowing he's right, the NetDragon, aka:

Eric Adkinson

no leída,
8 mar 1995, 17:48:398/3/95
In <794525...@silktown.demon.co.uk> Dra...@silktown.demon.co.uk (Just Dragon
in his lair) writes:

<some snipping>

>If you're going to keep up with everthing that goes on AFD may I suggest that
>you learn to speed-read or just dedicate all your spare time to it. :-)

>Just Dragon

You're not kidding!!
"What? An entire village burned to the ground? Thousands dead and over 20
missing <BELCH>? Oh, so you three are trying to find the perpetrator
<GRIN>. Yes, I agree, whoever did this should be brought to justice.
<INHALE> <WHOOOOOOSH!> But not today!"
dra...@ix.netcom.com

Quentinus

no leída,
11 mar 1995, 15:26:5811/3/95
On 10 Mar 1995, Black Dragon wrote:

> Sorry Mel, I'd say you're definately erring towards the
> "likeable" side of the life-o-metre of Draconnic comliness. If your
> interested in a phsyc evaluation, I have a sister in first year
> psychology who would just >LOVE< to practice... O)
>
> Black Dragon

Or there's a web psych test... quite interesting. I forgot the URL so
email me if you're interested & I look it up, or go there through
HotWired. You just answer 70 2-choice questions.

I was in the same character group as Piers Anthony, which pleased me...

actually, someone should do a thesis on that. If you like someone's books,
are you more likely than average to be the same type of person (roughly;
the Web test divides people into 16 types).

Quentinus. Feeling IRC #afd widthdrawal - windows has stopped working,
telnet never did work :(

Samuel Marshall

no leída,
12 mar 1995, 11:05:0712/3/95
In article <Pine.SGI.3.91.950311...@lonestar.jpl.utsa.edu>, Draconis The Lord Dragon <gsal...@lonestar.jpl.utsa.edu> writes:
|> > Or there's a web psych test... quite interesting. I forgot the URL so
|> > email me if you're interested & I look it up, or go there through
|> > HotWired. You just answer 70 2-choice questions.
|> >
|> > I was in the same character group as Piers Anthony, which pleased me...

|> I shall take this pityful test. And I challange any hoomin to examine my
|> psichi(sp). Be afraid be very afraid. HAHAHAHAHA (cough cough). Pleese
|> send me a copy.

You can get there by Web. I've just looked up the address, and it's

http://sunsite.unc.edu/jembin/mb.pl

You need a web browser that supports forms. You also need not to get frustrated
when you don't want either of the two possible answers for a question :)

Quentinus

Jen Dolan

no leída,
19 mar 1995, 16:54:5719/3/95
In article <3k37p1$4...@news.halcyon.com>,
Nightshade <TKi...@chs.osd.wednet.edu> wrote:
>In article <D5727...@cunews.carleton.ca>,
> tmcg...@chat.carleton.ca (Tim McGuire) wrote:
>>william c. wilson (wild...@ilhawaii.net) wrote:
>>

>> WHAT?....AAAAARRRRGHHHH!....WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?....I'M
>BECOMING
>>LIKEABLE!.....AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!
>>Somethings definately wrong with this old Wyrm
>>Melchior, the Dark...needing phsycological examination....

Well, let's kill some drow, and perhaps the violence will revert you to
your former charming self. Actually, we all like you much better now.
***Amthralyx gives Melchior a big hug and a noogie***:)

-Amthralyx/Catti-Brie

Yes, I'm FINALLY back from spring break, and after I tread through
HUNDREDS of posts, we can start on the expedition.

Earthshaker should be back today, too, since classes resume tomorrow.

> Nightshade offers his services...I'm willing to listen to your
>anxieties and prescribe a probable cure.
> -Nightshade (is my sig working?)
>[sig. cut to conserve space :) ]
> -Nightshade, Abyss Dragon
>TKi...@chs.osd.wednet.edu
>Ne...@halcyon.com
>
>P.S. Check out my pics at Skandranon.cc.iastate.edu (FTP)
>Nitshad1.ZIP, Nitshad2.ZIP, and Nitshad3.ZIP

Cool! I will have to do that sometime.

--

Ian James Westcott

no leída,
23 mar 1995, 20:14:5323/3/95
: In article <3k37p1$4...@news.halcyon.com>,
: Nightshade <TKi...@chs.osd.wednet.edu> wrote:

: > Nightshade offers his services...I'm willing to listen to your

: >anxieties and prescribe a probable cure.
: > -Nightshade (is my sig working?)
: >[sig. cut to conserve space :) ]
: > -Nightshade, Abyss Dragon
: >TKi...@chs.osd.wednet.edu
: >Ne...@halcyon.com
: >
: >P.S. Check out my pics at Skandranon.cc.iastate.edu (FTP)
: >Nitshad1.ZIP, Nitshad2.ZIP, and Nitshad3.ZIP

I must have looked through every directory at this site, but still
couldn't find the files you specified. Can you be more specific? Thanks...
--

Ian Westcott -==(UDIC)==- Rakarra@IRC
ez042914 --or-- itlm013 @peseta.ucdavis.edu west...@cs.ucdavis.edu

0 mensajes nuevos