30 years...

Miravlix

Apr 16, 2023, 12:07:33 AM4/16/23
A long time ago, almost 30 years, a dragon called Dalvenjah invited ExistingPhantoms gathering of dragons to come meet at this wonderous new place called DALnet where he had created #afd for the dragons to meet.

Dragons being curious creatures flocked to this new wondrous place and settled in, dragons being dragons and ketchup being ketchup we might have lost a few two legged at first, but an 1 yard, mostly green, fairy dragon gently talked the other dragons into not eating most of the two legged visitors as he had noticed that two legged was great at giving eye scritches and hugs.

The dragons had great fun, but even immortal creatures get distracted and wanders off and one day there were no mo eye scritches or hugs as the place was empty.

alt.fan.dragons was created by ExistingPhantom in 1993 I think, so 30 years ago, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY. Ha, like I would forget. (I totally forgot)

DALnet #afd is a little younger, 1994 or so. I think some got married in real life after meeting through #afd. So the world might have a few people that only exist because of this place.

DALnet is an Internet Relay Chat network, where you use text to communicate with other users https://www.dal.net/ it has weathered good and bad times. It had 100K+ daily users at its peak. I'm not promoting any channel or use of the network, you can find me in #afd, but even dragons need to sleep, so if you need to talk to me email might be better.

The 1 yard, mostly green, fairy dragon was me and hopefully I'm still creating a little more magic in the world by this post.

Serena Firesong

Apr 27, 2023, 12:45:37 PM4/27/23
Happy anniversary to alt.fan.dragons! I have fond memories of a.f.d
I met my spouse on Alfandria MUCK, which came along I think in 1997 or 1998.
]B=8}