a surge of nostalgia for the place and the way of reaching out

jin xun

Mar 3, 2023, 4:52:31 AM3/3/23
A lot are surprised that this place still exists, and for me, it might be surprising that we are surprised. A place of gathering is supposed to last so long, right? But sadly no for the world nowadays.
A lot of the people is still there, available through more instant methods, but gone is the feeling of "mining", waiting and expecting for what would turn out from the messages sent, and people reached out for. Thus, I would still sometimes feel an urge to go back to places like here, an open, distant land, put some messages against a plain white wall and wait to see what happens after some days or weeks.
That's somewhat... important to me.

Serena Firesong

Mar 8, 2023, 9:25:44 PM3/8/23
A "place" that is really composed of persons, is even more ephemeral than a physical place. I remember the Dominance of Dragons fondly. On a whim, I decided to look in again. My time these days is taken up with other pursuits (in fact, right this second I'm yelling at the hatchlings to go to bed).
--
Serena Firesong
"I'm a complex person: I have real and imaginary components."

jin xun

Mar 14, 2023, 5:52:05 PM3/14/23
Serena Firesong <white...@gmail.com> wrote in
That's pretty true. It's always a bit of sorrow to see the enormous
stack of posts back in 90s and early 00s, and imagine how its heyday,
which I have missed a chance to witness, was like. And it's really lucky
to meet with some of the old ones like you.
My days are quite taken up, too. Though there's much less liveliness in
them compared to a bunch of hatchlings, just work.