Google Groups no longer supports new Usenet posts or subscriptions. Historical content remains viewable.
Dismiss

Just a simple question.

119 views
Skip to first unread message

Star...@earthlink.net

unread,
Dec 1, 2005, 12:02:46 AM12/1/05
to
Are dragons automatically furries?

I mean seriously... I know that there are a lot of dragon FANS here,
but what about those that consider themselves dragons? Not only that,
but they roleplay as a dragon, yiff as a dragon, do other weird kinky
things and go to cons wearing dragonsuits, and all that.

Subquestion: For you dragons: Do antropomorphic animals make good meat
like regular animals, or bad meat like humans?

darkside

unread,
Dec 1, 2005, 12:35:33 AM12/1/05
to
Star...@Earthlink.net writes:

> Are dragons automatically furries?

Depends on your definition, I think; see below.

> I mean seriously... I know that there are a lot of dragon FANS here,
> but what about those that consider themselves dragons? Not only that,
> but they roleplay as a dragon, yiff as a dragon, do other weird kinky
> things and go to cons wearing dragonsuits, and all that.

Technically, furry == fan of anthropomorphic art. But if you mean "furry
lifestyler," then obviously not, since not everyone who considers
themself a dragon (myself, for instance) wears a dragonsuit or
goes to furry cons (not that I'm against the idea, or anything, just not
something I do). Also, many furry lifestylers don't consider themselves
to actually *be* (in a spiritual sense) the animal they associate with.
This is where the discrepancy between furry and therian comes from, I
suppose. In that sense, I *think* most dragons would prefer the term
otherkin.

At any rate, I guess my main point is that 'furry' has different
specific connotations for different people. I use the term to refer to
myself, but I have a more spiritual connotation.

When I get some free time, I'm going to make a post about this and
similar topics.

> Subquestion: For you dragons: Do antropomorphic animals make good meat
> like regular animals, or bad meat like humans?

Why meat when you can fly?

--
darkside

DC2.D Gm L W-- T- Pvw Sks,wl Cwh- Bwa A(r-v++) Fr^++"pomegranate" Nw M +++!
H++ $- Fv+++! R++ Ac~ J++ S U I--# V++ Q+ Tc++ E++

Homepage: http://silenceisdefeat.org/~darkside
Email: darksidex at charter dot net

Joshua Barne

unread,
Nov 30, 2005, 7:54:58 PM11/30/05
to
Star...@Earthlink.net wrote:
> Are dragons automatically furries?
>

No.

But some have been "furrified" to the point where they don't behave like
traditional dragons any more. This is when we start getting into
dragons with big mammilian boobs. Heh.

~ Joshua

Lord Flame Stryke

unread,
Dec 1, 2005, 3:10:19 AM12/1/05
to
On 30 Nov 2005, was found to have scratched news:1133412896.080568.28030
@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com on a rock in alt.fan.dragons:

> Are dragons automatically furries?

Only if they choose to be. Myself, I don't consider myself a "furry" or
a "scalie" or anything like that, I'm just a dragon.

> I mean seriously... I know that there are a lot of dragon FANS here,
> but what about those that consider themselves dragons? Not only that,
> but they roleplay as a dragon, yiff as a dragon, do other weird kinky
> things and go to cons wearing dragonsuits, and all that.

I don't role play, nor do I wear a fursuit. I know I'm a dragon, and
that's enough for me right now, although that's rapidly being degraded
into not being enough.....

> Subquestion: For you dragons: Do antropomorphic animals make good meat
> like regular animals, or bad meat like humans?

I don't eat anything I can talk to. It's considered bad form. But then,
I also don't need to eat at all, so maybe that's coloured my perceptions.

Lord Flame Stryke

--
DC2.D~ Gm L120f60t180w W T Phawlt Sks Cbk,ere' Bfl A+++! Fr++ Nm M+ O H+
$ Fc~ R+++! Ac+++ J+ S++ U! I# V+++! Q Tc++ E++
Draco nigrum, oculi rubere, suppositus, magus.
http://www.geocities.com/flame_stryke/ |
http://www.geocities.com/flame_stryke/AFDList.html
Holder of the Scroll of Nobility from Lady Viriatha, Keeper of the Wand
of Sparklies in its case from Hex, Wielder of the Lady Viri Signature 4x8
from Ysable, Eater of the Mint Cheesecake from Whisper, Mate to Lady
Viriatha, Owner of Flame Stryke's WindexŽ Factory, Lord Balloonmaker,
Borrower of the Ebony Wood Fife from Luxatos, Accepter of the Small
Statue of a Green Dragon Covered in Ice Cream Toppings from Juniper,
Employer of a miniature Jester doll from SeaKing, Bearer of the Magic
Ever-Bill from SeaKing, Carrier of the gold piece from whisper: o,
Builder of Dragon Fyre Keep, First Dragon of Realism, Giver of the
Pickaxe of Icebreaking to Kalos

--
"I'd love to go out with you, but I'm doing door-to-door collecting for
static cling." -- Herd Thinners

A vile and loathsome ratman

unread,
Dec 1, 2005, 5:17:23 AM12/1/05
to
Lord Flame Stryke <Flame...@gmail.com> bowed down before Ramesses

in the palace of alt.fan.furry and said:

>Only if they choose to be. Myself, I don't consider myself a "furry" or

You're posting in alt.fan.FURRY for gawds sake.

"oh hay guys, I like anthro animal art, I roleplay being a dragon and
I interact with furry fandom but I'm not a furry no sir!"

>a "scalie" or anything like that, I'm just a dragon.

Folfs for example do not exist in real life but they are considered to
come under the rubric of furry, "scalies" do also by virtue of them
being anthro animals.

The word "furry" does not need to be taken literally. It's just that
furry mammals happen to be the most popular.

A dragon is automatically a furry (as in: "anthro animal") if it is
given any human charecteristics, (like a human level of sentience).

---
Onward, onward you Greeks!
Sack the city of Troy and see your homes once more!

Dreamseeker

unread,
Dec 1, 2005, 8:16:08 AM12/1/05
to
>A dragon is automatically a furry (as in: "anthro animal") if it is
>given any human charecteristics, (like a human level of sentience).

That may apply to other animals, but who's to say that, if dragons
really did exist in this world, they would not have a human level of
sentience anyway? Dolphins are almost there already, are they not?

Personally, though, I don't really care what people classify me as.
Furry, otherkin, shapeshifter... They're all cool.

--
Dreamseeker

Bearer of one Ponder Point from Scott L

DC2.D~ Gf L12f15t30w W- T Phfltvw Sks,wh Cau@gr- Bzz A- Fr- Na
Mr---Mv- H++ $ F+Fo R+++ Ac+ J++ S++ U- I V+[weather magic] Q+[empathy]
Tc E++

darkside

unread,
Dec 1, 2005, 11:14:11 AM12/1/05
to
dsa...@yahoo.co.uk (A vile and loathsome ratman) writes:

> Lord Flame Stryke <Flame...@gmail.com> bowed down before Ramesses
> in the palace of alt.fan.furry and said:
>
>>Only if they choose to be. Myself, I don't consider myself a "furry" or
>
> You're posting in alt.fan.FURRY for gawds sake.
>
> "oh hay guys, I like anthro animal art, I roleplay being a dragon and
> I interact with furry fandom but I'm not a furry no sir!"

Actually, he's just responding to a post that also happens to exist in
AFF. You may notice the thread is cross-posted on alt.fan.DRAGONS.
So... err, yeah. No direct interaction with the furry fandom (outside
of the dragon community, and their status as furries is the topic of
discussion, so I'll avoid that for fear of recursion)

A vile and loathsome ratman

unread,
Dec 1, 2005, 12:39:40 PM12/1/05
to
darkside <dark...@no.spam.see.sig> bowed down before Ramesses in the

palace of alt.fan.furry and said:

>Actually, he's just responding to a post that also happens to exist in
>AFF. You may notice the thread is cross-posted on alt.fan.DRAGONS.

ah. However that changes nothing. The dragon community is part of fury
fandom. Since it's people who appreciate anthro animals interacting
with each other and there is much cross trade with other furries.

>So... err, yeah. No direct interaction with the furry fandom (outside
>of the dragon community,

You admit that the "dragon community" is part of furry fandom y'see.

A vile and loathsome ratman

unread,
Dec 1, 2005, 12:39:44 PM12/1/05
to
"Dreamseeker" <LadyAmb...@hotmail.com> bowed down before Ramesses

in the palace of alt.fan.furry and said:

>That may apply to other animals, but who's to say that, if dragons
>really did exist in this world, they would not have a human level of
>sentience anyway?

>Dolphins are almost there already, are they not?

Nope. Humans are the only creature which has risen from a purely
animal existence to do such things as visiting the moon or developing
powerful antibiotics which have saved the lives of millions.

>Personally, though, I don't really care what people classify me as.
>Furry, otherkin, shapeshifter... They're all cool.

BR

unread,
Dec 1, 2005, 2:30:08 PM12/1/05
to
On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 11:14:11 -0500, darkside wrote:

> No direct interaction with the furry fandom (outside of the dragon
> community, and their status as furries is the topic of discussion, so
> I'll avoid that for fear of recursion)

Well we're running a membership drive and dragons are welcome. And for all
the senior dragons, we have a special going were you get two villages to
burn for the price of one. If you hurry we'll throw in a valient knight to
play with.*

*small print*
Damsels in distress not included.

Draco18s

unread,
Dec 1, 2005, 2:45:52 PM12/1/05
to
In article <1133412896....@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
Star...@Earthlink.net says...
>Are dragons automatically furries?

Yes and no. Depends on who you ask.

>I mean seriously... I know that there are a lot of dragon FANS here,
>but what about those that consider themselves dragons?

Most of us are both.

> Not only that,
>but they roleplay as a dragon, yiff as a dragon, do other weird kinky
>things and go to cons wearing dragonsuits, and all that.

Well, I RP as one (D&D tonight), yiff is to personal a question for me to
directly answer, but I don't do kinky things like yiff in a dragon suit at a
con. };=3)~
Cons are fun, although I made my tail too long.

>Subquestion: For you dragons: Do antropomorphic animals make good meat
>like regular animals, or bad meat like humans?

Short answer: "Bad Meat"
Long answer: I object to the idea of vore, although if not live, then I object
to the idea of cannibalism, including that of a different albeit sentient
species. The DM in my Blue Planet game was cleaver and there are no anthro-
cows (or non-anthro but sentient cows), so us carnivores do get meat.
To quote The Amazing Maurice, "I won't eat anything that talks." (I think he
actually said, or at least thought, "I won't eat anything that asks me not
to," however, I won't eat anything that asks me to either).

Draco18s

unread,
Dec 1, 2005, 2:50:47 PM12/1/05
to
In article <438f34dc...@news.critter.net>, dsa...@yahoo.co.uk says...

>darkside <dark...@no.spam.see.sig> bowed down before Ramesses in the
>palace of alt.fan.furry and said:
>
>>Actually, he's just responding to a post that also happens to exist in
>>AFF. You may notice the thread is cross-posted on alt.fan.DRAGONS.
>
>ah. However that changes nothing. The dragon community is part of fury
>fandom.

You realize that the dragon community only exists as part of the furry
community (and vice versa) when it feels like it.

>Since it's people who appreciate anthro animals interacting
>with each other and there is much cross trade with other furries.

Sorry, but I don't fall into this category, and neither does much of the rest
of AFD. Well, maybe we do appreciate, but not as humans.

>>So... err, yeah. No direct interaction with the furry fandom (outside
>>of the dragon community,
>
>You admit that the "dragon community" is part of furry fandom y'see.

No, Darkside did not.

Draco18s

unread,
Dec 1, 2005, 2:51:53 PM12/1/05
to
In article <pan.2005.12.01....@comcast.net>,
brodr...@comcast.net says...

I don't burn villages.

>*small print*
>Damsels in distress not included.

Why would I want one in distress anyway? Everyone knows a dragon is a woman's
best friend.

Draco18s

unread,
Dec 1, 2005, 2:52:44 PM12/1/05
to
In article <438f1bab...@news.critter.net>, dsa...@yahoo.co.uk says...

>"Dreamseeker" <LadyAmb...@hotmail.com> bowed down before Ramesses
>in the palace of alt.fan.furry and said:
>
>>That may apply to other animals, but who's to say that, if dragons
>>really did exist in this world, they would not have a human level of
>>sentience anyway?
>
>>Dolphins are almost there already, are they not?
>
>Nope. Humans are the only creature which has risen from a purely
>animal existence to do such things as visiting the moon or developing
>powerful antibiotics which have saved the lives of millions.

Well, now you know why dolphins are smarter than humans.

Sibe Husky

unread,
Dec 1, 2005, 7:02:37 PM12/1/05
to
Dragons?!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111

*runs*

The Saprophyte

unread,
Dec 1, 2005, 7:42:30 PM12/1/05
to
A vile and loathsome ratman wrote:
(snip)

> ah. However that changes nothing. The dragon community is part of fury
> fandom. Since it's people who appreciate anthro animals interacting
> with each other and there is much cross trade with other furries.

Sounds kinky.

--
The Saprophyte
--

The Saprophyte

unread,
Dec 1, 2005, 7:54:42 PM12/1/05
to
A vile and loathsome ratman wrote:
(snip)
> Nope. Humans are the only creature which has risen from a purely
> animal existence to do such things as visiting the moon or developing
> powerful antibiotics which have saved the lives of millions.

And where, pray tell, did they get most of those antibiotics from,
hmmmm? Notice also that purported microorganisms have been
found in meteorites originating on other planets.

So, who's the _real_ superior organism?

--
The Saprophyte
--

BR

unread,
Dec 1, 2005, 9:07:41 PM12/1/05
to
On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 19:54:42 -0500, The Saprophyte wrote:

> So, who's the _real_ superior organism?

Meteor man and oak boy.

BR

unread,
Dec 1, 2005, 9:09:24 PM12/1/05
to
On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 19:42:30 -0500, The Saprophyte wrote:

> Sounds kinky.

Cross-dressing furries?

Scott L

unread,
Dec 1, 2005, 10:30:57 PM12/1/05
to
On a dark and stormy night, Star...@Earthlink.net whispered:

I'll answer your first question. Dragons are otherkin in the most
generic sense, and considered furries by dint of the fact furries were
merely the first subgroup to get a generally popular name. Dragons are
not however furries in fact, as their nature is derived of generally
"fantastic" creatures as opposed to "real-world" animals.

That's my take on it. I'll probably have an entirely different opinion
tommorrow. ^_^

Just a Monkey,

Scott,

--
Visit me at http://4dw.net/moonfriend/index.html
Find the KMG (KY/Midwest Gather) at http://www.wertle.com/midwest.html

Scott L

unread,
Dec 1, 2005, 10:38:04 PM12/1/05
to
On a dark and stormy night, BR whispered:

> On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 19:54:42 -0500, The Saprophyte wrote:
>

> > So, who's the real superior organism?


>
> Meteor man and oak boy.

Now now... just because he has wood....

grinning... ducking... running... REALLY fast

Scott L

unread,
Dec 1, 2005, 10:40:17 PM12/1/05
to
On a dark and stormy night, BR whispered:

> On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 11:14:11 -0500, darkside wrote:

ooh! Does it come with a can opener?



> *small print*
> Damsels in distress not included.

That's because it's more fun to get them that way on our own (feral
grin).

Message has been deleted

Lord Flame Stryke

unread,
Dec 2, 2005, 4:12:21 AM12/2/05
to
On 01 Dec 2005, A vile and loathsome ratman was found to have scratched
news:438ecdae...@news.critter.net on a rock in alt.fan.dragons:

>>Only if they choose to be. Myself, I don't consider myself a "furry"
>>or
> You're posting in alt.fan.FURRY for gawds sake.

And being a fan of something automatically makes you that thing?

> "oh hay guys, I like anthro animal art, I roleplay being a dragon and
> I interact with furry fandom but I'm not a furry no sir!"

I don't role play.

>>a "scalie" or anything like that, I'm just a dragon.
> Folfs for example do not exist in real life but they are considered to
> come under the rubric of furry, "scalies" do also by virtue of them
> being anthro animals.

Folfs? I don't recognize that term.

> The word "furry" does not need to be taken literally. It's just that
> furry mammals happen to be the most popular.
> A dragon is automatically a furry (as in: "anthro animal") if it is
> given any human charecteristics, (like a human level of sentience).

You would degrade us by taking away 99% of our intelligence and
sentience? };=8Ş

Lord Flame Stryke

--
DC2.D~ Gm L120f60t180w W T Phawlt Sks Cbk,ere' Bfl A+++! Fr++ Nm M+ O H+
$ Fc~ R+++! Ac+++ J+ S++ U! I# V+++! Q Tc++ E++ Draco nigrum, oculi
rubere, suppositus, magus. http://www.geocities.com/flame_stryke/ |
http://www.geocities.com/flame_stryke/AFDList.html Holder of the Scroll
of Nobility from Lady Viriatha, Keeper of the Wand of Sparklies in its
case from Hex, Wielder of the Lady Viri Signature 4x8 from Ysable, Eater
of the Mint Cheesecake from Whisper, Mate to Lady Viriatha, Owner of

Flame Stryke's Windex® Factory, Lord Balloonmaker, Borrower of the Ebony


Wood Fife from Luxatos, Accepter of the Small Statue of a Green Dragon
Covered in Ice Cream Toppings from Juniper, Employer of a miniature
Jester doll from SeaKing, Bearer of the Magic Ever-Bill from SeaKing,
Carrier of the gold piece from whisper: o, Builder of Dragon Fyre Keep,
First Dragon of Realism, Giver of the Pickaxe of Icebreaking to Kalos

--
"How do you like your lizard?"
"Rare, bordering on hard-to-find."
-- Ellen Brand

Lord Flame Stryke

unread,
Dec 2, 2005, 4:13:35 AM12/2/05
to
On 01 Dec 2005, A vile and loathsome ratman was found to have scratched
news:438f1bab...@news.critter.net on a rock in alt.fan.dragons:

>>That may apply to other animals, but who's to say that, if dragons
>>really did exist in this world, they would not have a human level of
>>sentience anyway?
>>Dolphins are almost there already, are they not?
> Nope. Humans are the only creature which has risen from a purely
> animal existence to do such things as visiting the moon or developing
> powerful antibiotics which have saved the lives of millions.

Dolphins didn't create atomic bombs. In my mind, that makes them a lot
more intelligent than humans.....

Lord Flame Stryke

--
DC2.D~ Gm L120f60t180w W T Phawlt Sks Cbk,ere' Bfl A+++! Fr++ Nm M+ O H+
$ Fc~ R+++! Ac+++ J+ S++ U! I# V+++! Q Tc++ E++
Draco nigrum, oculi rubere, suppositus, magus.
http://www.geocities.com/flame_stryke/ |
http://www.geocities.com/flame_stryke/AFDList.html
Holder of the Scroll of Nobility from Lady Viriatha, Keeper of the Wand
of Sparklies in its case from Hex, Wielder of the Lady Viri Signature 4x8
from Ysable, Eater of the Mint Cheesecake from Whisper, Mate to Lady
Viriatha, Owner of Flame Stryke's WindexŽ Factory, Lord Balloonmaker,
Borrower of the Ebony Wood Fife from Luxatos, Accepter of the Small
Statue of a Green Dragon Covered in Ice Cream Toppings from Juniper,
Employer of a miniature Jester doll from SeaKing, Bearer of the Magic
Ever-Bill from SeaKing, Carrier of the gold piece from whisper: o,
Builder of Dragon Fyre Keep, First Dragon of Realism, Giver of the
Pickaxe of Icebreaking to Kalos

--
"Do not get on skin" -- Warning on Zep Commercial Heavy Duty Hand Cleaner
with Pumice

Lord Flame Stryke

unread,
Dec 2, 2005, 4:15:52 AM12/2/05
to
On 01 Dec 2005, A vile and loathsome ratman was found to have scratched
news:438f34dc...@news.critter.net on a rock in alt.fan.dragons:

>>Actually, he's just responding to a post that also happens to exist in
>>AFF. You may notice the thread is cross-posted on alt.fan.DRAGONS.
> ah. However that changes nothing. The dragon community is part of fury
> fandom. Since it's people who appreciate anthro animals interacting
> with each other and there is much cross trade with other furries.

Or is furry fandom part of the dragon community? I was a part of the
dragon community before ever hearing of furry fandom.....

Lord Flame Stryke

--
DC2.D~ Gm L120f60t180w W T Phawlt Sks Cbk,ere' Bfl A+++! Fr++ Nm M+ O H+
$ Fc~ R+++! Ac+++ J+ S++ U! I# V+++! Q Tc++ E++
Draco nigrum, oculi rubere, suppositus, magus.
http://www.geocities.com/flame_stryke/ |
http://www.geocities.com/flame_stryke/AFDList.html
Holder of the Scroll of Nobility from Lady Viriatha, Keeper of the Wand
of Sparklies in its case from Hex, Wielder of the Lady Viri Signature 4x8
from Ysable, Eater of the Mint Cheesecake from Whisper, Mate to Lady

Viriatha, Owner of Flame Stryke's Windex® Factory, Lord Balloonmaker,

Borrower of the Ebony Wood Fife from Luxatos, Accepter of the Small
Statue of a Green Dragon Covered in Ice Cream Toppings from Juniper,
Employer of a miniature Jester doll from SeaKing, Bearer of the Magic
Ever-Bill from SeaKing, Carrier of the gold piece from whisper: o,
Builder of Dragon Fyre Keep, First Dragon of Realism, Giver of the
Pickaxe of Icebreaking to Kalos

--
"I'll just sit here and explode than, shall I?" -- John Cleese, Pluto
Nash

Lord Flame Stryke

unread,
Dec 2, 2005, 4:17:47 AM12/2/05
to
On 01 Dec 2005, BR was found to have scratched
news:pan.2005.12.01....@comcast.net on a rock in
alt.fan.dragons:

>> No direct interaction with the furry fandom (outside of the dragon


>> community, and their status as furries is the topic of discussion, so
>> I'll avoid that for fear of recursion)
> Well we're running a membership drive and dragons are welcome. And for
> all the senior dragons, we have a special going were you get two
> villages to burn for the price of one. If you hurry we'll throw in a
> valient knight to play with.*

I chose a long time ago to stop "burning" villages.....

> *small print*
> Damsels in distress not included.

That's OK, I prefer them in dat dress better.

Lord Flame Stryke

--
DC2.D~ Gm L120f60t180w W T Phawlt Sks Cbk,ere' Bfl A+++! Fr++ Nm M+ O H+
$ Fc~ R+++! Ac+++ J+ S++ U! I# V+++! Q Tc++ E++
Draco nigrum, oculi rubere, suppositus, magus.
http://www.geocities.com/flame_stryke/ |
http://www.geocities.com/flame_stryke/AFDList.html
Holder of the Scroll of Nobility from Lady Viriatha, Keeper of the Wand
of Sparklies in its case from Hex, Wielder of the Lady Viri Signature 4x8
from Ysable, Eater of the Mint Cheesecake from Whisper, Mate to Lady

Viriatha, Owner of Flame Stryke's Windex® Factory, Lord Balloonmaker,

Borrower of the Ebony Wood Fife from Luxatos, Accepter of the Small
Statue of a Green Dragon Covered in Ice Cream Toppings from Juniper,
Employer of a miniature Jester doll from SeaKing, Bearer of the Magic
Ever-Bill from SeaKing, Carrier of the gold piece from whisper: o,
Builder of Dragon Fyre Keep, First Dragon of Realism, Giver of the
Pickaxe of Icebreaking to Kalos

--
Coach: Can I draw you a beer, Norm?
Norm: No, I know what they look like. Just pour me one.
-- Cheers, No Help Wanted

Dreamseeker

unread,
Dec 2, 2005, 8:17:42 AM12/2/05
to
>>Well we're running a membership drive and dragons are welcome. And for all
>>the senior dragons, we have a special going were you get two villages to
>>burn for the price of one. If you hurry we'll throw in a valient knight to
>>play with.*

>I don't burn villages.

>>*small print*
>>Damsels in distress not included.

>Why would I want one in distress anyway? Everyone knows a dragon is a woman's
>best friend.

I notice you say nothing about the valient knight. ^_~

Zarris

unread,
Dec 2, 2005, 10:08:34 AM12/2/05
to
A vile and loathsome ratman wrote:
> darkside <dark...@no.spam.see.sig> bowed down before Ramesses in the
> palace of alt.fan.furry and said:
>
>
>>Actually, he's just responding to a post that also happens to exist in
>>AFF. You may notice the thread is cross-posted on alt.fan.DRAGONS.
>
>
> ah. However that changes nothing. The dragon community is part of fury
> fandom. Since it's people who appreciate anthro animals interacting
> with each other and there is much cross trade with other furries.
>
>
*snorts*
hardly...


--
Zarris

dragoncode: DC2.Dw Gm L- W T- Phvfwvl^t Sks Cbl+,bwh%,cbk,egy,vbk,wwh%
Bfl A- Fr++ Nm M- O H++ $+++ Fo-- R+++ Ac++ J+ S-- U-- I V-- Q Tc++[ntwk] E

journal: http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=zarris

Draco18s

unread,
Dec 2, 2005, 11:05:06 AM12/2/05
to
In article <u6svo1ti21ick7f17...@4ax.com>, wulf...@dm.net
says...
>On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 19:51:53 +0000, Draco18s
><draco18s2_DOES_NOT_@_LIKE_SPAM_hotmail.com> declaimed the following in
>alt.fan.furry:

>
>>
>> Why would I want one in distress anyway? Everyone knows a dragon is a woman's
>> best friend.
>
> o/~ "Why smilest thou, lord dragon, sir?",
> asked our hero in armor laden,
> "Why, you'd smile too", the wyrm replied,
> "if you'd just eaten a maiden" o/~
>
>{Blatantly taken from an old filk; hope I've remembered the first line
>correctly}

Maidens aren't for eating. They are much more useful put to work cooking and
cleaning. Even the ditsy headed princess types.

Draco18s

unread,
Dec 2, 2005, 11:08:06 AM12/2/05
to
In article <1133529462.4...@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
LadyAmb...@hotmail.com says...

>>>Well we're running a membership drive and dragons are welcome. And for all
>>>the senior dragons, we have a special going were you get two villages to
>>>burn for the price of one. If you hurry we'll throw in a valient knight to
>>>play with.*
>
>>I don't burn villages.
>
>>>*small print*
>>>Damsels in distress not included.
>
>>Why would I want one in distress anyway? Everyone knows a dragon is a woman's
>>best friend.
>
>I notice you say nothing about the valient knight. ^_~

Which one?
They were all fun while they lasted, well, except the one that got the gal,
but she beat him over the head and locked herself in the cage again.
*Blatant steal from the Ritterschlag short 3D movie*

Zombie Albrecht Durer

unread,
Dec 2, 2005, 12:09:15 PM12/2/05
to
Lord Flame Stryke <Flame...@gmail.com> bowed down before Ramesses

in the palace of alt.fan.furry and said:

>Or is furry fandom part of the dragon community? I was a part of the
>dragon community before ever hearing of furry fandom.....

Furry fandom has it's orgins in the early 80's from funny animal fans
who gathered at impromptue meets.

Alt.fan.furry was created in 1990, alt.fan.dragons being a much later
arrival on the scene in 92 and it is safe to say that without AFF
leading the way, it would not have existed. Dragon fans being a subset
of funny (furry) animal fans.

Zombie Albrecht Durer

unread,
Dec 2, 2005, 12:09:23 PM12/2/05
to
Draco18s <draco18s2_DOES_NOT_@_LIKE_SPAM_hotmail.com> bowed down

before Ramesses in the palace of alt.fan.furry and said:

>You realize that the dragon community only exists as part of the furry
>community (and vice versa) when it feels like it.

Pompous nonsense. It's a community of people who appreciate
anthromorphic animal media, I.e It's furry.

However, the issue is, Dragons as portrayed in fiction are MIGHTY
BURINANTORS OMG SO POWERFUL!!!! and many of those people who choose
them as their "fursona" or claiming to be a magical spiritual astral
dragon inside are compensateing for their own lack of power and sucess
in real life, and in order to try and feel superior and better they
bash on other furries who adopt fursonas which are not about mighty
burininateing.

Irony of ironies, those who claim to be dragons and form little
eliteist cliques because of it, are demonstrateing classic human
behavior.

>>Since it's people who appreciate anthro animals interacting
>>with each other and there is much cross trade with other furries.
>
>Sorry, but I don't fall into this category, and neither does much of the rest
>of AFD. Well, maybe we do appreciate, but not as humans.

I love anthro animals and interact with other anthro animal fans BUT
I'M NOT A FURRY BECAUSE I'M A MIGHTY DRAGON WHO BURNINATES YIFFY
FOXES!!!!!!!!

>>>So... err, yeah. No direct interaction with the furry fandom (outside
>>>of the dragon community,
>>
>>You admit that the "dragon community" is part of furry fandom y'see.
>
>No, Darkside did not.

Yes, yes you did.

Zombie Albrecht Durer

unread,
Dec 2, 2005, 12:09:25 PM12/2/05
to
Lord Flame Stryke <Flame...@gmail.com> bowed down before Ramesses

in the palace of alt.fan.furry and said:

>Dolphins didn't create atomic bombs. In my mind, that makes them a lot
>more intelligent than humans.....

That's a fallacy because dolphins do not have the capacity to make any
kind of tool at all, not a flint knife, not a life support machine,
nor an atomic bomb.

"Viruses didn't create atomic bombs. In my mind, that makes them a


lot more intelligent than humans....."

Though you will find yourself alone in the world argueing for the
intellect of viruses I'm afraid.

Zombie Albrecht Durer

unread,
Dec 2, 2005, 12:10:09 PM12/2/05
to
Zarris <Waterfa...@aol.com> bowed down before Ramesses in the

palace of alt.fan.furry and said:

>> ah. However that changes nothing. The dragon community is part of fury
>> fandom. Since it's people who appreciate anthro animals interacting
>> with each other and there is much cross trade with other furries.
>>
>>
>*snorts*
>hardly...

*farts*

BR

unread,
Dec 2, 2005, 12:15:47 PM12/2/05
to
On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 17:09:25 +0000, Zombie Albrecht Durer wrote:

> That's a fallacy because dolphins do not have the capacity to make any
> kind of tool at all, not a flint knife, not a life support machine, nor
> an atomic bomb.

That's implying that tool-making is the sole metric to measure
intelligence.

Dave Hyena 8:>

unread,
Dec 2, 2005, 12:28:44 PM12/2/05
to
BR <brodr...@comcast.net> bowed down before Ramesses in the palace
of alt.fan.furry and said:

>> That's a fallacy because dolphins do not have the capacity to make any
>> kind of tool at all, not a flint knife, not a life support machine, nor
>> an atomic bomb.
>
>That's implying that tool-making is the sole metric to measure
>intelligence.

intelligence.

1. The capacity to acquire and apply knowledge.
2. The faculty of thought and reason.

I know why there is night and day, why the seasons change and why
there is death and weather. I understand basic mathematics and I can
apply and use all of these things in everyday life.

what non-human animal can say as much?

Humans know large amounts about the world and everything in it, and
even the solar system and universe beyond.

No other animal comes even close to this.

Some animals can do things like useing a bit of wood to extract ants
from a log, but only humans build moon rockets.

Humans are more aware of themselves and their world than any other
creature out there and are the most inteligent creatures in existence.

Dan Skunk

unread,
Dec 2, 2005, 2:15:29 PM12/2/05
to

"Dave Hyena 8:>" <dsa...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
news:439081b4...@news.critter.net...

Just because other animals don't share their knowlege of the world with you
doesn't meant they don't have any.

Merely aquiring knowledge is not sufficient evidence of intelligence. It
must be purposefully applied.

And even then, intelligence is not the acquisition and application of
knowledge, but the capacity to do so. Humans have proved their capacity to
do so to a certain extent. Whether or not animals have proved they have that
capacity, a lack of evidence is not proof that they don't have the capacity
and are not just choosing not to apply it. And if they did apply it, it
could be to something we would not recognize as being intelligent.

When you measure one species against another, the one you are measuring
against will *always* be superior.

When comparing humans to other animals, humans will always prove themselves
to be superior at being human. No other species can be as human as humans
themselves.

Conversely, if you compared dolphins to all other animals, dolphins will
prove themsleves superior at being dolphins.

If we want to compare animals with each other fairly, our standard of
measure can not be something specific to the behaviour of only one species,
but must be a common behaviour that all species exhibit. Comparing species
on their ability to visit the moon is hardly a fair comparison, or even a
useful one.

The one common denominator of all species is survival. We can measure all
species against their ability to survive. Their ability to adapt to new
environments and new situations and take advantage of them. It is by this
quality that we should make our comparisons.


Dan Skunk

unread,
Dec 2, 2005, 2:49:57 PM12/2/05
to
Some see dragons as inheirently sentient creatures with their own
intelligence and language.

Comparable to human intelligence, but uniquely dragon in nature and not
human.

There, then, is no reason to anthropomorphize them, because they have these
qualities in and of themselves.

And if furry be about anthropomorphizing animals, and be complete without
the need to be anthropomorphized, then dragons need not be a part of furry.

Related, perhaps, in that they are a different animal having intelligence
that we can relate too, but not technically anthropomorphic.

It all depends on the ideas of the person interested in dragons. Whether
humanized beasts, or creatures with their own sentience.

No doubt the ideas of dragon fans and furry fans overlap to a considerable
extent.


Kiantis Gavenji

unread,
Dec 2, 2005, 3:14:58 PM12/2/05
to
Star...@Earthlink.net wrote:
> Are dragons automatically furries?

The word 'automatically' makes it assuming the answer is 'no'... a
simple answer.

---

Kiantis Gavenji

Draco18s

unread,
Dec 2, 2005, 2:32:59 PM12/2/05
to
In article <43907fc3...@news.critter.net>, dsa...@yahoo.co.uk says...

>Though you will find yourself alone in the world argueing for the
>intellect of viruses I'm afraid.

Not really, as a virus is not defined as being alive.

Draco18s

unread,
Dec 2, 2005, 2:35:40 PM12/2/05
to
In article <_K-dnSwMfYH...@rogers.com>, dans...@rogers.com says...

>The one common denominator of all species is survival. We can measure all
>species against their ability to survive. Their ability to adapt to new
>environments and new situations and take advantage of them. It is by this
>quality that we should make our comparisons.

You realize then, that humans fail.
Humans do not adapt to their environment as much as humans adapt the
environment to them.

Dan Skunk

unread,
Dec 2, 2005, 3:57:46 PM12/2/05
to

"Draco18s" <draco18s2_DOES_NOT_@_LIKE_SPAM_hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:MPG.1dfa79f77...@alt.teranews.com...

Well... Adapting to the environment, adapting the environment to fit you.
Same result: you find a way to survive in that environment. I think that's
what's important.


Kiantis Gavenji

unread,
Dec 2, 2005, 4:24:17 PM12/2/05
to
Zombie Albrecht Durer wrote:
> Draco18s <draco18s2_DOES_NOT_@_LIKE_SPAM_hotmail.com> bowed down
> before Ramesses in the palace of alt.fan.furry and said:
>
>> You realize that the dragon community only exists as part of the furry
>> community (and vice versa) when it feels like it.
>
> Pompous nonsense. It's a community of people who appreciate
> anthromorphic animal media, I.e It's furry.

*shrugs*
The meaning of the word and definition may be different from different
people.

> However, the issue is, Dragons as portrayed in fiction are MIGHTY
> BURINANTORS OMG SO POWERFUL!!!! and many of those people who choose
> them as their "fursona" or claiming to be a magical spiritual astral
> dragon inside are compensateing for their own lack of power and sucess
> in real life, and in order to try and feel superior and better they
> bash on other furries who adopt fursonas which are not about mighty
> burininateing.

I think you have a very strange view of dragons, i can imagine what kind
of people you talked to if you got this impression. Was them on AFD? When?

> Irony of ironies, those who claim to be dragons and form little
> eliteist cliques because of it, are demonstrateing classic human
> behavior.

If not proven the opposite, we all have human brains, instincts etc.
Anything could be added on this, but the base is still the same.
By the way, what classic human behavior are you talking about?

>>> Since it's people who appreciate anthro animals interacting
>>> with each other and there is much cross trade with other furries.
>> Sorry, but I don't fall into this category, and neither does much of the rest
>> of AFD. Well, maybe we do appreciate, but not as humans.
>
> I love anthro animals and interact with other anthro animal fans BUT
> I'M NOT A FURRY BECAUSE I'M A MIGHTY DRAGON WHO BURNINATES YIFFY
> FOXES!!!!!!!!
>

Mhh, never saw something or someone say anything like that but the world
is so big...

>>>> So... err, yeah. No direct interaction with the furry fandom (outside
>>>> of the dragon community,
>>> You admit that the "dragon community" is part of furry fandom y'see.
>> No, Darkside did not.
>
> Yes, yes you did.
>

Kids... that remembers me kids.

--

Kiantis Gavenji

Arcaton

unread,
Dec 2, 2005, 6:04:47 PM12/2/05
to

"darkside" <dark...@no.spam.see.sig> wrote in message
news:87u0dts...@no.spam.see.sig...
> Star...@Earthlink.net writes:
>
> > Are dragons automatically furries?
>
> Depends on your definition, I think; see below.

>
> > I mean seriously... I know that there are a lot of dragon FANS here,
> > but what about those that consider themselves dragons? Not only that,
> > but they roleplay as a dragon, yiff as a dragon, do other weird kinky
> > things and go to cons wearing dragonsuits, and all that.
>
> Technically, furry == fan of anthropomorphic art. But if you mean "furry
> lifestyler," then obviously not, since not everyone who considers
> themself a dragon (myself, for instance) wears a dragonsuit or
> goes to furry cons (not that I'm against the idea, or anything, just not
> something I do). Also, many furry lifestylers don't consider themselves
> to actually *be* (in a spiritual sense) the animal they associate with.
> This is where the discrepancy between furry and therian comes from, I
> suppose. In that sense, I *think* most dragons would prefer the term
> otherkin.
>
> At any rate, I guess my main point is that 'furry' has different
> specific connotations for different people. I use the term to refer to
> myself, but I have a more spiritual connotation.
>
> When I get some free time, I'm going to make a post about this and
> similar topics.

>
> > Subquestion: For you dragons: Do antropomorphic animals make good meat
> > like regular animals, or bad meat like humans?
>
> Why meat when you can fly?
>

Happy to meat, sorry to part, and happy to meat again.

Seriouslt the only reason humans aren't good to eat is that they aren't bred
to the same high standard as animals grown for the purpose.

"If the juju had meant us NOT to eat people,
He wouldn't have made us of meat" ~ Flanders & Swann

Arcaton
definitely
not fit for draconic consumption.

> --
> darkside
>
> DC2.D Gm L W-- T- Pvw Sks,wl Cwh- Bwa A(r-v++) Fr^++"pomegranate" Nw M
+++!
> H++ $- Fv+++! R++ Ac~ J++ S U I--# V++ Q+ Tc++ E++
>
> Homepage: http://silenceisdefeat.org/~darkside
> Email: darksidex at charter dot net


Arcaton

unread,
Dec 2, 2005, 6:10:39 PM12/2/05
to

"BR" <brodr...@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:pan.2005.12.02....@comcast.net...
> On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 19:42:30 -0500, The Saprophyte wrote:
>
> > Sounds kinky.
>
> Cross-dressing furries?

But never cross burning furries you notice...
Arcaton


Arcaton

unread,
Dec 2, 2005, 6:25:00 PM12/2/05
to

"Lord Flame Stryke" <Flame...@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:Xns9720167905...@64.59.135.159...

> On 01 Dec 2005, A vile and loathsome ratman was found to have scratched
> news:438ecdae...@news.critter.net on a rock in alt.fan.dragons:
>
> >>Only if they choose to be. Myself, I don't consider myself a "furry"
> >>or
> > You're posting in alt.fan.FURRY for gawds sake.
>
> And being a fan of something automatically makes you that thing?
>
> > "oh hay guys, I like anthro animal art, I roleplay being a dragon and
> > I interact with furry fandom but I'm not a furry no sir!"
>
> I don't role play.
>
> >>a "scalie" or anything like that, I'm just a dragon.
> > Folfs for example do not exist in real life but they are considered to
> > come under the rubric of furry, "scalies" do also by virtue of them
> > being anthro animals.
>
> Folfs? I don't recognize that term.

Folf = mix of Fox and Wolf. Sometimes spelled "pholph" as in www.pholph.com

See also Wox especially at www.pholph.com

Arcaton

Star...@earthlink.net

unread,
Dec 2, 2005, 7:10:22 PM12/2/05
to

You've obviously never met Exodite Dragon. He's an ARG I AM A DRAGON
BUT I AM NOT A FURRY I KILL FURRIES AND DECORATE MY HOUSE WITH THEIR
VITAL ORGANS bad dragon.

I think he's funny. Not laughing with him funny, but laughing at him
funny.

Star...@earthlink.net

unread,
Dec 2, 2005, 7:14:15 PM12/2/05