Best not By Weis and Hickman

Willam(Haplo) E. Dunn Jr.

Jul 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/30/96

Hello,

Just curiopus what everyone else thinks of this question?
What is the best DL work not By Weis and Hickman?

I thinks it is the Elven Nations Trilogy, this peice of work in my
opinion is the best peice of back story written in the Saga. It also
for me stayed closest to the spirt of th original works.

Haplo

BTW Did anyone notice not a mention of Kith being entombed with that
sword that Tanis "Aquires" from him in the future?

--
/=====================================================================\
|Ha...@ici.net #"A memo to a Higher #/---\ | | /---\ | ||

TSR Steve

Jul 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/31/96

"Dark Heart" by Tina Daniell

or

"Legend of Huma" by Richard Knaack

or

"Reign of Istar" by various

It's a tie between those three for me.

Steve Miller
TSRS...@aol.com
TSR Ravenloft & Dragonlance Design Teams

PHILOSOPHY, n. A route of many roads leading from nowhere to nothing.
--Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"

rem...@nando.net

Jul 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/31/96

Willam(Haplo) E. Dunn Jr. wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Just curiopus what everyone else thinks of this question?
> What is the best DL work not By Weis and Hickman?
>
> I thinks it is the Elven Nations Trilogy, this peice of work in my
> opinion is the best peice of back story written in the Saga. It also
> for me stayed closest to the spirt of th original works.
>
> Haplo

The Vilains Series has a few great titles. While I didn't care for
The Dark Queen, Emperor of Ansalon (Ariakas), and Hederick the Seeker, Lord
Toede made me laugh my buttocks off, and Before the Mask (Verminaard) and The
Black Wing (Khisanth) were both great. The Black Wing is without a doubt the
best book ever written about a dragon's life.

RM

Kevin Stan

Jul 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/31/96

Defenately the Legend of Huma. It's got alot of hystory for Krynn on it,
and leads into the true backbone of the knighthood and what it stands for.
t also shows that the gods are, in part, equal to mortals..some mortals.
-Reddawg

Synicism

Jul 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/31/96

In article <31FED0...@ici.net>, "Willam(Haplo) E. Dunn Jr."
<ha...@ici.net> writes:

>o,
>
> Just curiopus what everyone else thinks of this question?
> What is the best DL work not By Weis and Hickman?

I rather liked some of the books in the "Villains" series, particularly
"The Black Wing" by Mary Kirchoff.

eclipse

Aug 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/1/96

>In article <31FED0...@ici.net>, "Willam(Haplo) E. Dunn Jr."
><ha...@ici.net> writes:

>> Just curiopus what everyone else thinks of this question?
>> What is the best DL work not By Weis and Hickman?

"Legend Of Huma" by Richard A. Knaak, followed by "Kaz The Minotaur"
by the same author IMO. A lot of the short stories in the two Tales
trilogies are also brilliant.

eclipse.

--
"Beautiful souls, be happy, be one.
Behold, your heaven has now begun."

ecl...@thenet.co.uk

Hanna R Sinkkonen

Aug 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/3/96

On Wed, 31 Jul 1996, CMoore wrote:

> In article <31FED0...@ici.net> "Willam(Haplo) E. Dunn Jr." <ha...@ici.net> writes:
> >From: "Willam(Haplo) E. Dunn Jr." <ha...@ici.net>
> >Newsgroups: alt.fan.dragonlance
> >Subject: Best not By Weis and Hickman
> >Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 23:19:47 -0400
>

> I'd have to say The Legend of Huma and Kaz, the Minotaur (Heroes V.I and
> Heroes II V.I). The characters aren't predictable, and neither are the
> endings, which makes for a very good read. The character relationships are
> in-depth, but not too complicated. And the characters (other than their
> obvious fantasy-based qualities) are entirely believable. They have mood
> swings and flaws and doubts. I've recommended these to several friends, and
> they tend to agree.

I liked The Legend of Huma and Kaz, the Minotaur, too. Other good ones
were IMO Elven Nations and Defenders of Magic trilogies.

Dark Queen
* "As I, the maniacal tyrant, look down upon my pathetic subjects *
* I reflect on how their puny lives mean nothing to me except as *
* brute labor necessary to execute my mad designs! My lunatic whims*
* are their laws! HA HA HA!" -Calvin and Hobbes *

proct_...@hg.uleth.ca

Aug 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/3/96
I liked this book too, but my roomates big problem with Dragonlance continuity
stems from this novel...since i know the author sometimes is in here I'd like
to ask, What the hell happened to hte part of Huma and The White Stag? Thats a
pretty big Krynn legend.

Richard A. Knaak

Aug 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/3/96

The key word is legend...lots of legends...

Also, you didn't necessarily see everything that happened in every moment
of his life....Think of the size of the book if I'd done that... :)

No, three books was not an option at the time... :)

--
Richard A. Knaak Fantasy Writer **
E-Mail: r.k...@genie.com **

John Grimes

Aug 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/4/96

proct_...@hg.uleth.ca wrote:

>I liked this book too, but my roomates big problem with Dragonlance continuity
>stems from this novel...since i know the author sometimes is in here I'd like
>to ask, What the hell happened to hte part of Huma and The White Stag? Thats a
>pretty big Krynn legend.

Not only that, but when was it that Tanis was with someone saw the White Stag?
They mentioned in passing in the first book that Tanis had "Never seen that stag,
but had been with someone who had."

Sara (Crim, Leyanese)

Aug 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/4/96

Sturm saw the white stag.... In Dragons of the Autumn Twilight I think...
Well I don't think, I just guess alot but that's besides the point...

-Leyanese

Jamie1km

Aug 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/5/96

In article <R.Knaak-0308...@ts23.super-highway.net>,

R.K...@genie.com (Richard A. Knaak) writes:

>The key word is legend...lots of legends...
>
>Also, you didn't necessarily see everything that happened in every moment
>of his life....Think of the size of the book if I'd done that... :)
>
>No, three books was not an option at the time... :)

I had asked questions about that before, but THE LEGEND OF HUMA
was too good to bitch about it -- especially when compared to some of
the later "spin-offs."

Richard, you'll be at Gen Con I hope? I'll be bringing my copy of LAND
OF THE MINOTAURS along just in case.

** Jamie

John Grimes

Aug 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/5/96

"Sara (Crim, Leyanese)" <cri...@popalex1.linknet.net> wrote:
>Sturm saw the white stag.... In Dragons of the Autumn Twilight I think...
> Well I don't think, I just guess alot but that's besides the point...

That' the thing. He mentioned that when Sturm said he saw the stag. It was like he was
with someone who had neen it BEFORE. I've never read any of the meetings sextet and I thought
it might have ten place in the first book with Tanis and Flint.

Gilson Un'Var

Lasse Högman

Aug 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/6/96

Leyanese wrote:

> Sturm saw the white stag.... In Dragons of the Autumn Twilight I think...
> Well I don't think, I just guess alot but that's besides the point...

But it's a good guess.
Sturm saw the stag in some hills/mountains(?) near Darken Wood, and it led
the companions into the forest where they met the Forestmaster, a unicorn.
From there I believe they were taken by Griffon to the Que-shu village (or
what ever it's called in english 8-)).

Refsay, Gnome Reciter

Arsenal

Aug 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/6/96

My fave has gotta be "Flint the King". Totally killer. :)

Or maybe it's "Kender, Gully Dwarves and Gnomes"....

Great, now I'm confused. :)

Arse

Todd McGillivray TIP#467 a1...@acad1.unbsj.ca -or- ars...@brunswickmicro.nb.ca
Homepage: http://wwwpub.utdallas.edu/~matthews/fastjack.html
Arsenal on IRC -=-=-=- Stop by #krynn!!
"In my life....I got nothin'....to believe in....except for you..."
-- Cracker, Nothing to Believe In

proct_...@hg.uleth.ca

Aug 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/7/96

>The key word is legend...lots of legends...
>
>Also, you didn't necessarily see everything that happened in every moment
>of his life....Think of the size of the book if I'd done that... :)
>
>No, three books was not an option at the time... :)
>
>--
>Richard A. Knaak Fantasy Writer **
>E-Mail: r.k...@genie.com **
>************************************

Alright. Thats the same argument I presented to my friend, but there is a point
to be made in that it is the damn White Stag! That which is in the Legend of
Huma poem! (or whatever that poem was called)...I mean we are talking MAJOR
legend not just a minor detail....just a thought...I really don't care. But
with the amounf of emphasis placed on the White Stag in chonicles it would've
be followed up in Legend of Huma.

Mearlus (Nick Vogel)

Aug 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/8/96

I seem to remember a post asking if anyone has seen or heard of some Old
Dragonlance Comics.. Well I was at a friends last night and he stumbled
uppon 4 "TSR Graphic Novel, The DragonLance Saga book 1-4" The last books
say's it continues in with the ending of Dragons of Winter Night. I've
started reading them too, and they are very close to the exact dialog of
the novels. I find them refreshing :) The comics are pretty cool too..
But it was printed in 1987, so i'm guessing if you want to get ahold of a
copy of these, you'd have to go to Gen Con. Good Luck!!

Nick

--
Wildy, the Wild mage from Waterdeep

Mea...@globaldialog.com

http://www.watertown.k12.wi.us/students/vogel/index.htm

Todd E. Fagan

Aug 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/8/96

In article <01bb84ce$603472c0$5e932e9c@home>, mea...@globaldialog.com
says...

>I seem to remember a post asking if anyone has seen or heard of some
Old
>Dragonlance Comics.. Well I was at a friends last night and he
stumbled
>uppon 4 "TSR Graphic Novel, The DragonLance Saga book 1-4" The last
books
>say's it continues in with the ending of Dragons of Winter Night. I've
>started reading them too, and they are very close to the exact dialog
of
>the novels.

The books are also out of print now. have u seen the comic dc made a few
years back.

Marcos D Chamon

Aug 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/8/96

In most of the books, they say that Takhisis entered the material plane because
she seduced a black-robe wizard, convincing him to walk into the portal. In the
Legend of Huma, Galan Dracos, a renegade wizard, is the one who helps her in.
Which version is the "official"?

Marcos of the White Robes.

proct_...@hg.uleth.ca

Aug 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/9/96

Sturm, due to head wound, saw the white stag that in legend Huma followed. It
lead them through Prayers Eye Peak (name?) into Darkenwood where the met the
Forestmaster. From their they were transported to Xak Tsaroth on Pegasi.

** Edward J. Pollard **************************** proct_...@hg.uleth.ca **
* Macintosh Student Computer Labs Proctor, University of Lethbridge *
* The Help Desk is always open, feel free to drop a line. *
********************* http://www.uleth.ca/~proct_pollar *********************

Zifnab the Zany

Aug 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/9/96

ars...@brunswickmicro.nb.ca (Arsenal) said this earlier...:

>My fave has gotta be "Flint the King". Totally killer. :)

Yeah..it was a pretty good book (:

>Or maybe it's "Kender, Gully Dwarves and Gnomes"....

That one too...

>Great, now I'm confused. :)

Doesn't take much, does it? (:

>Arse

---------------------------------------
Zifnab the Zany
http://www.qbc.clic.net/~rrc/andre.html
dra...@qbc.clic.net
---------------------------------------

Official Alt.Fan.Dragonlance Page at:
http://www.clic.net/~rrc/afdl/

Kevin Grimes

Aug 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/9/96

I think the war in the Legend of Huma was the second or third
Dragon War. The one where the BR went through the portal was the First.

Adriene Gilbert

Aug 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/9/96

I got really mudddled after I read the first twenty books. I can get the
titles and order right, but remembering the names of the minor
characters and which book they are in? Now that's hard!

Adrienne Gilbert

Zifnab the Zany

Aug 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/10/96

Adriene Gilbert <sgil...@venus.net> said this earlier...:

> I got really mudddled after I read the first twenty books. I can get the
> titles and order right, but remembering the names of the minor
> characters and which book they are in? Now that's hard!

> Adrienne Gilbert

What I find hard is associating stories with the appropriate books.. I
was chatting with a friend about DL once during school and he started
telling me the story he was reading..but not teh book. It was
familiar, but I sincerely couldn't place the story. Plus I realized
that I've forgotten alot of the books...): Guess i better start
re-reading them..(:

Countrspel

Aug 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/11/96

Hello,

Just curiopus what everyone else thinks of this question?
What is the best DL work not By Weis and Hickman?

I thinks it is the Elven Nations Trilogy, this peice of work in my

opinion is the best peice of back story written in the Saga. It also
for me stayed closest to the spirt of th original works.

Haplo

BTW Did anyone notice not a mention of Kith being entombed with that

sword that Tanis "Aquires" from him in the future?

Grave robbers? Kender Archaeologists?

Spellbinder

Adriene Gilbert

Aug 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/11/96

The Elven Nation is very good, but I like The Defenders of Magic better.
I really liked Lyim. He always reminded me of my favorite character:
Raistlin. The Legend of Huma, the Compainions ,and Brothers Majere are
also very good, IMO.

I also noticed there was no Wyrmslayer entombed with Kith. Just another
oversight, I guess.

Adrienne Gilbert

Feydrrin

Aug 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/12/96

In article <320B7E...@worldnet.att.com>, Kevin Grimes
<sem...@worldnet.att.com> writes:

> I think the war in the Legend of Huma was the second or third Dragon
War. The one where the BR went through the portal was the First.>

According to Leaves from the Inn of the Last Home, around 3500 PC, Reorx
creates the Graygem and the dragons are driven from Silvanesti (this is
the First Dragon War, starting around 4000 PC). Magic isn't known. Then
around 3100 PC, gnomes release the Greygem and magic is introduced to
Krynn. The Second Dragon War, 2692-2645 PC, is where Huma comes in.

There is no mention of Takhisis until just after the Cataclysm where she
discovers the Foundation Stone and places it on Krynn so she can enter
thru a portal that it creates. Does the Black Robe come into play here?
There is no mention of a black robed wizard. Is there another source
explaining this?

:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=: "Is that the stars in the sky
:=: Feyd'rrinllom'tinomyrr :=: or is it rain fallin' down?
:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=: Will it burn me if I touch the sun,
Krynnian Red of the Southern Hills so big, so round?"
of New England, Valley of the Long River =J.H. live Radio One=

Lee Hambly

Aug 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/12/96

i have read every DL book that they have put out (fifty or sixty some
odd books) and, I am asshamed to say, I can basrely remember the
chronicals or, for that matter, DoSF.

proct_...@hg.uleth.ca

Aug 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/13/96

In article <4ujrv1$5...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, count...@aol.com (Countrspel) writes:
>Hello,
>
> Just curiopus what everyone else thinks of this question?
> What is the best DL work not By Weis and Hickman?
>
> I thinks it is the Elven Nations Trilogy, this peice of work in my
>opinion is the best peice of back story written in the Saga. It also
>for me stayed closest to the spirt of th original works.
>
>Haplo
>
>BTW Did anyone notice not a mention of Kith being entombed with that
>sword that Tanis "Aquires" from him in the future?
>

> Grave robbers? Kender Archaeologists?
>

>Spellbinder

I found Dwarven Nations much better. Very Dwarvish. I liked it. Mostly the main
reason I'd rate it higher is that The Qualinesti made me retch. I REALLY did
not like it.

proct_...@hg.uleth.ca

Aug 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/13/96

In article <4umrua$9...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, feyd...@aol.com (Feydrrin) writes:
>In article <320B7E...@worldnet.att.com>, Kevin Grimes
><sem...@worldnet.att.com> writes:
>
>> I think the war in the Legend of Huma was the second or third Dragon
>War. The one where the BR went through the portal was the First.>
>
>According to Leaves from the Inn of the Last Home, around 3500 PC, Reorx
>creates the Graygem and the dragons are driven from Silvanesti (this is
>the First Dragon War, starting around 4000 PC). Magic isn't known. Then
>around 3100 PC, gnomes release the Greygem and magic is introduced to
>Krynn. The Second Dragon War, 2692-2645 PC, is where Huma comes in.
>
>There is no mention of Takhisis until just after the Cataclysm where she
>discovers the Foundation Stone and places it on Krynn so she can enter
>thru a portal that it creates. Does the Black Robe come into play here?
>There is no mention of a black robed wizard. Is there another source
>explaining this?

What about the fact that the Second Dragon War was to prevent Takhisis entry to
Krynn? She was there alright and Huma stoped her.

>:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=: "Is that the stars in the sky
>:=: Feyd'rrinllom'tinomyrr :=: or is it rain fallin' down?
>:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=: Will it burn me if I touch the sun,
>Krynnian Red of the Southern Hills so big, so round?"
>of New England, Valley of the Long River =J.H. live Radio One=

Lasse Högman

Aug 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/14/96

<Lars....@mbox304.swipnet.se> writes:

> >Sturm saw the stag in some hills/mountains(?) near Darken Wood, and it led
> >the companions into the forest where they met the Forestmaster, a unicorn.
> >From there I believe they were taken by Griffon to the Que-shu village (or
> >what ever it's called in english 8-)).
> >

> Sturm, due to head wound, saw the white stag that in legend Huma followed. It

> lead them through Prayers Eye Peak (name?) into Darkenwood where the met the
> Forestmaster. From their they were transported to Xak Tsaroth on Pegasi.

I stand corrected. Thanks.

Refsay, Gnome Reciter, currently rereading The Cronicles..

Feydrrin

Aug 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/15/96

In article <4ur015$6...@holly.cc.uleth.ca>, proct_...@hg.uleth.ca
writes:

>What about the fact that the Second Dragon War was to prevent Takhisis
entry to Krynn? She was there alright and Huma stoped her.

I think the question was whether this Black Robe helped Takhisis in the
Second Dragon War. Is he mentioned in the Legend of Huma? Its been awhile
since I've read the book.

Sean Morrow

Aug 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/15/96

> > Just curiopus what everyone else thinks of this question?
> > What is the best DL work not By Weis and Hickman?

Some of my favorites that I can remember well are
Gates of Thorbardin (excluding ending)
Flint the King
Defenders of magic VOL. 1

Frank O Wustner

Aug 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/16/96

: > > Just curiopus what everyone else thinks of this question?

: > > What is the best DL work not By Weis and Hickman?

IMNSHO: "Kindred Spirits" by I can't remember the author
"Lord Toede" by Jeff Grubb (THE BEST! PERIOD! I WILL NEVER
BELIEVE OTHERWISE!)

The Deadly Nightshade

|-----------------------------------|
|"I, too, believe in fate... |
|the fate a man makes for himself." |
|Lord Soth |
|-----------------------------------|
|"Quoth the raven, 'Eat my shorts!'"|
|Edgar Allan Bart |
|-----------------------------------|
|"Ack. Thpppbt." Bill the Cat |
|-----------------------------------|

Lee Hambly

Aug 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/16/96

I agree with "Lord Toede", but I also liked "Irda" and "The lengend of
Huma" and "Kaz the Minotuar".

Lee (Wiker) Hambly

Adriene Gilbert

Aug 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/16/96

feyd...@aol.com (Feydrrin) wrote:
(snipped)

>I think the question was whether this Black Robe helped Takhisis in the
>Second Dragon War. Is he mentioned in the Legend of Huma? Its been awhile
>since I've read the book.

It has been awhile for me too but I think it was a *renegade* mage named
Cyrnus was Takhisis' main helper there.

Adrienne Gilbert

Millenbach

Aug 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/17/96

In article <4ur015$6...@holly.cc.uleth.ca>, proct_...@hg.uleth.ca says...

writes:
>>In article <320B7E...@worldnet.att.com>, Kevin Grimes
>><sem...@worldnet.att.com> writes:
>>
>>> I think the war in the Legend of Huma was the second or third Dragon
>>War. The one where the BR went through the portal was the First.>
>>
>>According to Leaves from the Inn of the Last Home, around 3500 PC, Reorx
>>creates the Graygem and the dragons are driven from Silvanesti (this is
>>the First Dragon War, starting around 4000 PC). Magic isn't known. Then
>>around 3100 PC, gnomes release the Greygem and magic is introduced to
>>Krynn. The Second Dragon War, 2692-2645 PC, is where Huma comes in.
>>
>>There is no mention of Takhisis until just after the Cataclysm where she
>>discovers the Foundation Stone and places it on Krynn so she can enter
>>thru a portal that it creates. Does the Black Robe come into play here?
>>There is no mention of a black robed wizard. Is there another source
>>explaining this?
>
>What about the fact that the Second Dragon War was to prevent Takhisis entry
>Krynn? She was there alright and Huma stoped her.

SPOILER ALERT

Actualy, in DOsF the Irda send a letter to Dalamar the Dark in which the true
history of the world is recited. According to the letter, Chaos, Father of
All and nothing had three children: Paladine, Gilean and Takhisis. The story
goes on but the point is that when Takhisis wanted to get into the world she
appeard before a drak robed wizard as a beautiful woman and claimed she was
trapped in another plane, and convinced him to go through the portal and
open it and thus she enterd Ansalon.
PS: Almost forgot, the portal were built in order to travel between the
towers without the use of magic but they didn't come out as expected.

Judi Armitage

Aug 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/21/96
Greetings:

IOne must remember that the Irda possessed magic that wasn't subject
to the waxing/waning of Krynn's 3 moons. Their magic was different
and therefore could account for magic in play before the Graygem.

Jason "Indy" Armitage

'The quest for knowledge is a never ending journey.'

Hanna R Sinkkonen

Aug 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/21/96

On Thu, 15 Aug 1996, Sean Morrow wrote:

> > > Just curiopus what everyone else thinks of this question?
> > > What is the best DL work not By Weis and Hickman?
>

> Some of my favorites that I can remember well are
> Gates of Thorbardin (excluding ending)
> Flint the King
> Defenders of magic VOL. 1

Did you forget The Legend of Huma and Kaz the Minotaur? I think they were
very good, too.

Dark Queen
* "As I, the maniacal tyrant, look down upon my pathetic subjects *
* I reflect on how their puny lives mean nothing to me except as *
* brute labor necessary to execute my mad designs! My lunatic whims*
* are their laws! HA HA HA!" -Calvin and Hobbes *

Judi Armitage

Aug 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/21/96

Chris McClain

Aug 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/22/96

I deifinitely think that the best work not by Weis and Hickman has to be
tanis: the Shadow years... i know, a LOT of people might disagree, but i
loved that book... Except for the part about tanis wanting to sculpt...
but, oh well, nothin is perfect, although this book does come close

Sean Morrow

Aug 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/23/96

Chris McClain wrote:

> I deifinitely think that the best work not by Weis and Hickman has to
> be tanis: the Shadow years...

I read the opener and was too worked up about Fistandilus being in it to
really enjoy the story. I was disapointed that Fist was only a very small
part of the book. It was pretty good though.

Tuber
The ONLY Aghar Engineer!
Darn Netscape! Work Damn it!
AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!
I am going to get a brain annurism here!
Go!
Fly you fool!

Sean Morrow

Aug 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/23/96

QUIT LOCKING UP!!!!!!!!
Yes! 218 bytes! Keep going!
Stalled! Stalled!

Sean Morrow

Aug 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/23/96

Sean Morrow

Aug 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/23/96

Sean Morrow

Aug 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/23/96

Sean Morrow

Aug 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/23/96

Sean Morrow

Aug 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/23/96

Sean Morrow

Aug 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/23/96

Stalled! Stalled!

Sean Morrow

Aug 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/23/96

Sean Morrow

Aug 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/23/96

Sean Morrow

Aug 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/23/96

Sean Morrow

Aug 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/23/96

Sean Morrow

Aug 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/23/96

Sean Morrow

Aug 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/23/96

Sean Morrow

Aug 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/23/96

Teo Shin Zern

Aug 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/23/96

I personally likes about Mary Kirchoff's Kenders books. Especially
Kendermore since Tasslehoff like what we know behaves totally different
with other Kender because of his friendship with Flint,Tanis and other
companions.How many Kenders in this world(Krynn) have friends of other
races?Due to his friendship,Tas finally learnt about importance of
friendship,patriotism,home and most important,the courage to do things he
doesn't like but in the end are essential in achieving the greater good or
return the balance.Tasslehoff I salute you!(ET uses cellular phone home)

EEEEEEEEEEEEE TTTTTTTTTTTTT
EEEEEEEEEEEEE TTTTTTTTTTTTT
EEE TTT
EEE TTT
EEEEEEEEEEEEE TTT
EEEEEEEEEEEEE TTT
EEE TTT
EEE TTT
EEEEEEEEEEEEE TTT
EEEEEEEEEEEEE TTT

Zifnab the Zany

Aug 26, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/26/96

Sean Morrow <dunn...@sk.sympatico.ca> said this earlier...:

>Stalled! Stalled!

Anyone else think these 15 or so posts kinda amusing? ((:

---------------------------------------
Zifnab the Zany
http://www.qbc.clic.net/~rrc/andre.html
dra...@qbc.clic.net
---------------------------------------

Official Alt.Fan.Dragonlance Page at:
http://www.clic.net/~rrc/afdl/

Alexander Louis

Jan 8, 2023, 6:43:52 AM1/8/23
On Monday, August 5, 1996 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, John Grimes wrote:
> "Sara (Crim, Leyanese)" <cri...@popalex1.linknet.net> wrote:
> >Sturm saw the white stag.... In Dragons of the Autumn Twilight I think...
> > Well I don't think, I just guess alot but that's besides the point...
> That' the thing. He mentioned that when Sturm said he saw the stag. It was like he was
> with someone who had neen it BEFORE. I've never read any of the meetings sextet and I thought
> it might have ten place in the first book with Tanis and Flint.
> Gilson Un'Var

For everyone's reference, John is referring to the following incident:

<<“I’m not sure,” Tanis said. He was silent for a few moments. When he spoke, it was with obvious reluctance. “Though I have not seen the white stag myself, I have been with one who has and I have followed it, like in the old man’s story.” His hand absently fingered the ring of twisted ivy leaves that he wore on his left hand, his thoughts with the golden-haired elfmaiden who wept when he left Qualinesti." (Annotated Chronicles, pg. 111)>>

I actually recently asked for theories on this in the Dragonlance Nexus facebook group, and Margaret Weis chimed in to say Tanis was referring to Sturm. I let her know that didn't make sense from the context because Tanis brought this up BECAUSE Sturm claimed to see the White Stag, and Ms. Weis conceded that was true. (Imagine that, not remembering every tiny detail of a book you wrote ~40 years ago!).

So it's still an open question when Tanis was ever with someone who saw the White Stag. FYI there's also a reference by Tanis to the WS in DL1:

<<I have wandered through forest and wilderness for five years: Through Qualinesti west of the Kharolis Mountains, through the Forests of Kith·Kanan, all the way to the sea. l found no trace of healers -- nor even tales of them -- in my travels. Still, the gods of good must exist: their signs are everywhere. The White Stag led me on good paths. the wheeling bird foretold war, and the thunderclouds warned me of danger. These are the handiwork of the good gods. But I found no cleric to the west.>> (DL1, Tanis character card)

You can see that DL1 frames the White Stag incident differently - Tanis speaks as if he personally was led by the WS. But it could still be consistent if Tanis was with someone who could see the WS, and Tanis followed them both on "good paths." I think the story of what happened with Tanis and the WS before DoAT would be deserving of at least a short story, if not a Preludes-type novel, and it would be better than "Tanis: The Shadow Years" (not least because the very end of TTSY dismisses itself as a legend and not true).

Would be interested if anyone else has thoughts.

__ __ __
Alex Louis