Junk

Naa

Nov 9, 2011, 4:06:22 PM11/9/11
Seriously, people have nothing better to do than spam the newsgroups??

Any of the old crew still around?

VideoGame...@yahoo.com

Dec 2, 2011, 12:42:44 AM12/2/11
On Nov 9, 4:06 pm, Naa <naa.s...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Seriously, people have nothing better to do than spam the newsgroups??
>
> Any of the old crew still around?

I just came to this newsgroup from a random google groups search :D

I just really wanna say how it must of been interesting when
Dragonball Z was starting to become this big new thing in the U.S and
this Newsgroup was active........I was only around 3 I think......and
then a decade passed a think group started to become nothing but a
spam board like many other groups now......

But I guess this group still brings nostalgia memories for you :)

Haha this was dumb to write but I just wanted to share my thoughts

Joel / Vejita

Jun 29, 2012, 10:06:53 PM6/29/12
On Wednesday, November 9, 2011 4:06:22 PM UTC-5, Naa wrote:
> Seriously, people have nothing better to do than spam the newsgroups??
>
> Any of the old crew still around?

What up, Naa: http://vejita.rydia.net/naa.gif

Don't worry - it's not people wasting time, just robots.

I shouldn't really be surprised that this group has been essentially dead for 6 years, but I am. Internet 1.0 feels so very forever ago these days.

JimboHiryuu

Aug 9, 2013, 9:44:56 PM8/9/13
On Wednesday, November 9, 2011 4:06:22 PM UTC-5, Naa wrote:
> Seriously, people have nothing better to do than spam the newsgroups??
>

> Any of the old crew still around?

Naa!!! I remember you! And MattBlue, Leigh, Tazer, Monkeigh, MiraiMatt, BigAngry!!

YAY AFD REUNION!!! Or not?

julian.g...@gmail.com

Aug 18, 2013, 10:57:19 AM8/18/13
On Thursday, November 10, 2011 6:06:22 AM UTC+9, Naa wrote:
> Seriously, people have nothing better to do than spam the newsgroups??
>

> Any of the old crew still around?

I still exist. So does Mike (VegettoEX). But we, along with a good chunk of the people who are still in the fandom now, post primarily on Kanzenshuu (previously the Daizenshuu EX forums) -- even Burndit / Tanooki Kuribo.

Funny you should ask, though, as Mike and I are just now recording a podcast about our early days in the fandom, posting on alt.fan.dragonball.

-- Julian "SaiyaJedi" Grybowski
Translator, Fact-Checker, and Man-in-Japan at [[ Kanzenshuu ]], your authoritative online Dragon Ball resource -- http://www.kanzenshuu.com

Naa

Mar 6, 2014, 9:00:46 AM3/6/14
Ah, the good old days. ^_^

Molokidan the Super Sushi-jin

Aug 15, 2014, 6:00:08 AM8/15/14
2011年11月10日木曜日 6時06分22秒 UTC+9 Naa:
> Seriously, people have nothing better to do than spam the newsgroups??
>

> Any of the old crew still around?

Hope you're doing well, Naa, et al!

IPPAI OPPAI
Boku genki!

Kamui

Oct 5, 2019, 10:00:27 PM10/5/19
On Wednesday, November 9, 2011 at 4:06:22 PM UTC-5, Naa wrote:
> Seriously, people have nothing better to do than spam the newsgroups??
>
> Any of the old crew still around?

Sup Naa! Eight years late to the party I see...

Here's a random story for you:

When I met my (now) wife she was MattBlue's coworker. Explaining how we knew each other was interesting...

Almost 20 years since the AFD glory days. Good days indeed.

Naa

Oct 19, 2021, 2:53:27 PMOct 19
Never late to the party! I responded 2 years later to this :p