Dr. Slump on American TV?!

SukiyakiSushi82

Oct 22, 2002, 6:42:30 PM10/22/02
Well, today was the first of the Dragonball-Dr. Slump crossover episodes. I
must say it was really really strange. Dr. Slump has never ever been seen on
American TV before (outside of Hawaii).
Yep, they messed up Senbei's voice. It was good to see Arale. No casual viewer
will know who these characters are or why they are there. I was shocked that
those multi-colored talking turds weren't edited out (now that was fucked up).

Too bad Dr. Slump is over 20 years old, as we'll probably not see the series in
America outside of these episodes. It would have been nice if Harmony Gold
brought the series over back in 1989, even though a lot of the humor would have
had to been changed.
Well, I hope Viz eventually picks up the manga, which doesn't age as rapidly.

Rachel Oliver

Oct 22, 2002, 7:29:33 PM10/22/02
TheShredder wrote:

> Is that what those where? I thought they where just colored clouds or
> something...

I bet FUNimation didn't know what they were either. Such cute shit! ^_^

--
-The Ayatollah of Coca-Cola, FKA Triple Rach
http://magikarp46.dyndns.org

James Allen Stanfield, 03/19/86-10/01/02
Rest in Peace, Jim, we love you.

"?rewoP taerg evah uoy oD" -Broomstick in Final Fantasy

Psaiyan Prince Vegeta

Oct 22, 2002, 8:21:56 PM10/22/02
On Wed, 23 Oct 2002 00:02:46 GMT, do-...@feed.the.trolls (SlickRCBD)
wrote:

>In article <3db5...@nospam.kicks-ass.net>, Rachel Oliver

><tripl...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> TheShredder wrote:
>>
>> > Is that what those where? I thought they where just colored clouds or
>> > something...
>>
>> I bet FUNimation didn't know what they were either. Such cute shit! ^_^

>Definetly a shoujo anime like Hamtaro.

Or Ebichu?
--
Reverend David "PPV" Hawthorne -

Jesus loves you. Everyone else thinks you're a cunt.

'\
_\______
/ HENTAI \========@
____|__________\_____
/ ___________________ \
\/ _===============_ \/
"-===============-"

Rachel Oliver

Oct 22, 2002, 8:18:41 PM10/22/02
SlickRCBD wrote:

> >>Is that what those where? I thought they where just colored clouds or
> >>something...
> >
> >I bet FUNimation didn't know what they were either. Such cute shit! ^_^
>

> Definetly a shoujo anime like Hamtaro.

Hamtaro is a shoujo anime? Seems to me more like just some generic cute kids show.

Though I don't know much about Dr. Slump, it seems like a crazy gag series with
lots of sex and toilet humor. Doesn't look like shoujo either.

SlickRCBD

Oct 22, 2002, 8:41:25 PM10/22/02
<tripl...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> > >I bet FUNimation didn't know what they were either. Such cute shit! ^_^
> >
> > Definetly a shoujo anime like Hamtaro.
>
> Hamtaro is a shoujo anime? Seems to me more like just some generic cute
kids show.

I thought that that was the definition of shoujo, or did I get my terms
mixed up? A cute kids show. If I'm wrong PLEASE correct me with the
correct term.

--
I do NOT consent to recieve advertisements, special offers, promotions,
OR any other form of unsolicited e-mail, especially commercial or bulk

Psaiyan Prince Vegeta

Oct 22, 2002, 8:51:01 PM10/22/02
On Tue, 22 Oct 2002 20:48:33 -0400, Rachel Oliver
<tripl...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> >Hamtaro is a shoujo anime? Seems to me more like just some generic cute
>>
>> kids show.
>>
>> I thought that that was the definition of shoujo, or did I get my terms
>> mixed up? A cute kids show. If I'm wrong PLEASE correct me with the
>> correct term.
>

>Shoujo means "little girl".

Or 'virgin' IIRC...

Rachel Oliver

Oct 22, 2002, 8:48:33 PM10/22/02
SlickRCBD wrote:

> >>Definetly a shoujo anime like Hamtaro.
> >
> >Hamtaro is a shoujo anime? Seems to me more like just some generic cute
>
> kids show.
>
> I thought that that was the definition of shoujo, or did I get my terms
> mixed up? A cute kids show. If I'm wrong PLEASE correct me with the
> correct term.

Shoujo means "little girl".

Kushu Hentaimon

Oct 22, 2002, 8:48:44 PM10/22/02
Wow, this episode really damaged my image of Toriyama... or at least my
impression of his originality. (Well, if you look past the similarity of
Buruma's post bunny costume outift and Marle's clothing...) Blonde Buruma,
short-haired Yamucha clone, I guess Arale is the Goku of the group...

--
Edson - Ecchimancer
Lv. 9 (Edson learns new spell!)

7900 ecchi points
1500 to next level
1 "Damn, you tricked me!" point
5 wise-ass points
5 SeeD points

I own:
ADR-01 (Juri type)
Keroberomon
Juri's dress
Shuichon
Hikari's pajamas
A neverending bottle of Vanilla Coke
Crest of Antisociety (?)
-Metabee type helmet (chain mail) that
-fires magic missles at +8 damage [gift]
-Side Effects: random uttering of "Ik-ik-ik-ik..."
impulse to say "What?!"

"I must have slept for 5 seconds. Well then... Time to kill!"
Buu

TheShredder

Oct 22, 2002, 6:57:30 PM10/22/02

"SukiyakiSushi82" <sukiyak...@aol.com> wrote in message

> Well, today was the first of the Dragonball-Dr. Slump crossover episodes.
> must say it was really really strange. Dr. Slump has never ever been seen
on
> American TV before (outside of Hawaii).
> Yep, they messed up Senbei's voice. It was good to see Arale. No casual
viewer
> will know who these characters are or why they are there. I was shocked
that
> those multi-colored talking turds weren't edited out (now that was fucked
up).

Is that what those where? I thought they where just colored clouds or
something...

SukiyakiSushi82

Oct 22, 2002, 10:06:24 PM10/22/02
>Exactly what I was wondering. Funi further helped the comparison by letting
>their respective VA's voice the clones :). Funny how we never see this
>world again once Goku exits it....

I wonder if Penguin Village gets revived after Boo destroys the earth.

Antonio E. Gonzalez

Oct 22, 2002, 10:12:50 PM10/22/02
>From: Rachel Oliver tripl...@hotmail.com
>Date: 10/22/2002 4:29 PM Pacific Standard Time

>TheShredder wrote:
>
>> Is that what those where? I thought they where just colored clouds or
>> something...
>
>I bet FUNimation didn't know what they were either. Such cute shit! ^_^

Maybe they should visit a certain redneck town in Colorado, and meet the
legendary Christmas Poo . . . ; )

- Vaughner

"Oh sweet baby Jesus, I'm a female anime-type character and I'm being attacked
by tentacles!!! That means there's only one thing that could happen next!!"
- Bimbo Moneymaker, (www.)Exploitation Now(.com)

SlickRCBD

Oct 22, 2002, 8:02:46 PM10/22/02
<tripl...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> TheShredder wrote:
>
> > Is that what those where? I thought they where just colored clouds or
> > something...
>
> I bet FUNimation didn't know what they were either. Such cute shit! ^_^

Definetly a shoujo anime like Hamtaro.

TheShredder

Oct 22, 2002, 8:59:05 PM10/22/02

"Kushu Hentaimon" <ed...@tokyo.com> wrote in message

> Wow, this episode really damaged my image of Toriyama... or at least my
> impression of his originality. (Well, if you look past the similarity of
> Buruma's post bunny costume outift and Marle's clothing...) Blonde Buruma,
> short-haired Yamucha clone, I guess Arale is the Goku of the group...

Marie Kelly

Oct 23, 2002, 2:36:02 AM10/23/02
"Psaiyan Prince Vegeta" <ppve...@hotmail.communism> wrote in message

> >Shoujo means "little girl".
>
> Or 'virgin' IIRC...

Actually, that's shojo.

And is shoujo really *little* girl? I mean, I know it means girl, but X is
shoujo, and I wouldn't consider that to be a show for little girls.

Marie Kelly

Oct 23, 2002, 2:37:52 AM10/23/02

> I wonder if Penguin Village gets revived after Boo destroys the earth.

Even if it does, Arale's gone.

TheShredder

Oct 23, 2002, 3:13:06 PM10/23/02

> Maybe they should visit a certain redneck town in Colorado, and meet
the
> legendary Christmas Poo . . . ; )

Well, at least that's colored the way it SHOULD be :)...

Chris Sobieniak

Oct 23, 2002, 3:34:50 PM10/23/02
On Wed, Oct 23, 2002, 12:02am (EDT+4), do-...@feed.the.trolls
(SlickRCBD) wrote:
>In article <3db5...@nospam.kicks-ass.net>,
>Rachel Oliver <tripl...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>TheShredder wrote:
>>>Is that what those where? I thought they where
>>>just colored clouds or something...
>>I bet FUNimation didn't know what they were
>>either. Such cute shit! ^_^
>Definetly a shoujo anime like Hamtaro.

imagine what a Toonami intro for Dr. Slump might look like? Be kinda
like Hamtaro's for a minute, then Arale begins to kick some ass!

"I'm not interested in 27 movie channels of Japanese TV, but these days,
you need cable if you want to watch anything, it's ubiquitous."
- Thomas Wells, 41, Commerce TWP. Computer Salesman
(from The Detroit News, 6/28/2002)

Domo Arigatoo Gozaimasu!

From the Master of Car-too-nal Knowledge...
Christopher M. Sobieniak

--"Fightin' the Frizzies since 1978"--

Chris Sobieniak

Oct 23, 2002, 3:46:10 PM10/23/02
On Tue, Oct 22, 2002, 11:37pm (EDT-3), sed...@yahoo.com (Marie Kelly)
wrote:

>"SukiyakiSushi82" <sukiyak...@aol.com>
>wrote in message
>aol.com...
>>I wonder if Penguin Village gets revived after Boo
>>destroys the earth.
>Even if it does, Arale's gone.

Unless... Turbo doesn't rebuild her!

SlickRCBD

Oct 23, 2002, 9:28:53 PM10/23/02
<tripl...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> > >Hamtaro is a shoujo anime? Seems to me more like just some generic cute
> >
> > kids show.
> >
> > I thought that that was the definition of shoujo, or did I get my terms
> > mixed up? A cute kids show. If I'm wrong PLEASE correct me with the
> > correct term.
>
> Shoujo means "little girl".

I thought it was "little kid", my mistake.

I was wrong. I admit my mistake.