DBZ for the weekend of 5/23 <ALL NEW!>

Sir STACK

May 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/17/98

Next weekend's Dragonball Z (Saban Syndicated versions) will be:

# 052: "Enter Goku" <NEW!>

# 053: "Goku.... Super Saiyan?" <NEW!>

Check your local listings for stations and times!

_ Jesse Lee Herndon ( SirS...@aol.com ) _
_ ©1998, whoever owns what! _

J Smith

May 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/17/98

Sir STACK <sirs...@aol.com> wrote:
: Next weekend's Dragonball Z (Saban Syndicated versions) will be:

GodDAMMIT, I wish they had continued running DBZ out here in the West.
Shit, that makes me mad.

Which network is still running it?

- Joe the Wise and Powerful

Sir STACK

May 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/17/98

J Smith <jss...@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca> wrote:

>GodDAMMIT, I wish they had continued running DBZ out here in the West.
>Shit, that makes me mad.
>
>Which network is still running it?

No network, Saban Sydicates it, which means any station, affliate or otherwise
can pick it up. Don't feel too bad, Saban is ending ALL their syndicated shows
by this fall, so DBZ will either be looking for a new home on a network, or
going off the air for good. Either #53 "Goku... Super Saiyan?" or #55 will be
the last ones aired (I don't know if there will be a #55, but if there is, I'll
know next weekend)

RUMOR has it (nothing more) that Cartoon Network may be interested in repeats
of DB & DBZ.

Chris

May 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/17/98

> No network, Saban Sydicates it, which means any station, affliate or otherwise
> can pick it up. Don't feel too bad, Saban is ending ALL their syndicated shows
> by this fall, so DBZ will either be looking for a new home on a network, or
> going off the air for good. Either #53 "Goku... Super Saiyan?" or #55 will be
> the last ones aired (I don't know if there will be a #55, but if there is, I'll
> know next weekend)
>
> RUMOR has it (nothing more) that Cartoon Network may be interested in repeats
> of DB & DBZ.
>
> _ Jesse Lee Herndon ( SirS...@aol.com ) _
> _ ©1998, whoever owns what! _

According to FUNimation's web site, 53 is indeed the last episode of the
season.

And, as much as I hate to spread rumors that may not be true, I can tell
you right now that it has been VERIFIED by several people that not only
is Cartoon Network picking up Dragon Ball Z as of next fall, but Sailor
Moon as of June 1st!

No shit!

ok, fine. Want proof? check out:
http://wuken.tierranet.com/latest-news-0509.html
and
http://dau.physics.sunysb.edu/~ming/sos/index.shtml

YAY!!!

- Chris

Elendil305

May 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/17/98

53 is the end? that's kinda rushing the battle with Freeza and the rest of the
Ginyu I would think

Chris

May 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/17/98

> 53 is the end? that's kinda rushing the battle with Freeza and the rest of the
> Ginyu I would think

No, no, no!

The battle with the Ginyu Tokusentai and the final confrontation with
Freeza happens NEXT season. THIS season ends with Goku arriving on Namek
and joining the fight.

- Chris

MattS1

May 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/18/98

>RUMOR has it (nothing more) that Cartoon Network may be interested in repeats
>of DB & DBZ.

If this rumor is true, who here besides me hopes that they'll dub the rest of
the original Dragonball series into english and show it so we can all see how
Goku went from a precocious kid fighter to grown up hero and father.

"Give my regards to oblivion." -Dr. Smith, Lost in Space: The Movie
"Sci-fi, the one true entertainment medium." -Me
"Danger Will Robinson, Danger!" -If you don't know this one, forget it. :)

Elendil305

May 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/18/98

I'd be happy if somebody would just finish the Pilaf story in DragonBall, its
kinda annoying to have to just know that on the basis of these types of
stories, that Goku will win since he is the hero

General Secretary Mok

May 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/18/98

Chris wrote:

> According to FUNimation's web site, 53 is indeed the last episode of
> the
> season.
>
> And, as much as I hate to spread rumors that may not be true, I can
> tell
> you right now that it has been VERIFIED by several people that not
> only
> is Cartoon Network picking up Dragon Ball Z as of next fall, but
> Sailor
> Moon as of June 1st!
>
> No shit!
>
> ok, fine. Want proof? check out:
> http://wuken.tierranet.com/latest-news-0509.html
> and
> http://dau.physics.sunysb.edu/~ming/sos/index.shtml
>
> YAY!!!
>
> - Chris

If that is true, this could spell D-I-S-A-S-T-E-R for some people.
Let's start with worst case scenario, Cartoon Network will not pick it
up and it would simply just die, very unlikely because there is enough
fans to keep it going; Next worst, Cartoon Network picks it up, but at a
horrible time slot, get your VCRs ready! Next case, Cartoon Network
picks it up at a good spot and continues the series. Therefore, people
without cable is left out while the people with cable is unaffected.
Next case, Cartoon Network buys the rights and makes a better dub or
worst, but is there really a worst dub than this?

Best case scenario: On the air, unedited except for captioning. Or
dubbed, but we all agree that it is an excellent job, on the air.
(Chances are low.)

How many people out there truely believe that if you were given a
chance to learn how the entire dubbing and editing process work, you
could do a better dub than FUNimation is doing right now?

KM. UNGDI.

P.S.: The point is, I don't have cable TV, so that means I have to go
get it.

Tou

May 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/18/98

General Secertary Monk wrote:

> If that is true, this could spell D-I-S-A-S-T-E-R for some people.
>Let's start with worst case scenario, Cartoon Network will not pick it
>up and it would simply just die, very unlikely because there is enough
>fans to keep it going; Next worst, Cartoon Network picks it up, but at a
>horrible time slot, get your VCRs ready! Next case, Cartoon Network
>picks it up at a good spot and continues the series. Therefore, people
>without cable is left out while the people with cable is unaffected.
>Next case, Cartoon Network buys the rights and makes a better dub or
>worst, but is there really a worst dub than this?
>
> Best case scenario: On the air, unedited except for captioning. Or
>dubbed, but we all agree that it is an excellent job, on the air.
>(Chances are low.)
>
> How many people out there truely believe that if you were given a
>chance to learn how the entire dubbing and editing process work, you
>could do a better dub than FUNimation is doing right now?
>
>KM. UNGDI.
>
>P.S.: The point is, I don't have cable TV, so that means I have to go
>get it.

That's a good point, I don't have cable either and I'm not gonna pay $20 a
month just to get a cheap dubbed version, I mean I could just get fansub or
something. If they made the dubbing a bit better and the editing a bit
less, then I might actually buy cable for it, but the most important thing
is to try and keep in free, like now, or else we gotta start one of those
SOS things for DBZ that the SM fans did, and that was a lot of trouble ^_^.
But I think we have a lot of more fans than SM did, so it'll be a bit
easier. Anyhow, I hope that Cartoon Network does pick it up and so does some
other network, peferrably NBC, or FOX.

T. Vang

Kenshiroh

May 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/19/98

> How many people out there truely believe that if you were given a
>chance to learn how the entire dubbing and editing process work, you
>could do a better dub than FUNimation is doing right now?

I could if I had all of the same equipment that they have. It would be
pretty easy to improve. All I'd have to do to improve it would be to use the
original music and sound effects instead of wasiting time making my own lame
music and sound effects.
Then to improve it even more, I would have to fire all of the "actors" and
hire better actors. (I could pick people randomly off of the street and would
probably get better actors than the ones that are currently on the show.)

V2484

May 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/19/98

>That's a good point, I don't have cable either and I'm not gonna pay $20
>a<BR>

>month just to get a cheap dubbed version, I mean I could just get fansub
>or<BR>
>something. If they made the dubbing a bit better and the editing a bit<BR>

>less, then I might actually buy cable for it, but the most important
>thing<BR>
>is to try and keep in free, like now, or else we gotta start one of those<BR>

>SOS things for DBZ that the SM fans did, and that was a lot of trouble
>^_^.
>But I think we have a lot of more fans than SM did, so it'll be a bit
>easier. Anyhow, I hope that Cartoon Network does pick it up and so does
>some
>other network, peferrably NBC, or FOX

Are you sure about DBZ having more fans than Sailormoon? I mean, I don't see
any good DragonBall Z fansubs on the net. There are excellent quality
Sailormoon ones. There are a lot more Sailormoon web pages that Dragonball.
Also, a lot more multimedia of Sailormoon is on the net than DragonBall. The
stores are continuesly restocking Sailormoon merchandise, & there is a lot of
Sailormoon merchandise, and i can hardly find DBZ stuff. Also,
alt.fan.sailor-moon gets A LOT more messeges per day than this newsgroup. It
gets somewhere around 100 - 200 messages per day. There is also a
alt.binaries.pictures.sailor-moon which is exclusivly for Sailormoon piuctures.
I don't see an alt.binaries.pictures.dragonball anywhere.
I mean Sailormoon and DragonBall Z are two of the most popular anime
series ever. Why the constant bickering about Sailormoon?

Tou

May 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/19/98

V2484 wrote in message <199805192005...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...

>Are you sure about DBZ having more fans than Sailormoon? I mean, I don't
see
>any good DragonBall Z fansubs on the net. There are excellent quality
>Sailormoon ones. There are a lot more Sailormoon web pages that Dragonball.
>Also, a lot more multimedia of Sailormoon is on the net than DragonBall.
The
>stores are continuesly restocking Sailormoon merchandise, & there is a lot
of
>Sailormoon merchandise, and i can hardly find DBZ stuff. Also,
>alt.fan.sailor-moon gets A LOT more messeges per day than this newsgroup.
It
>gets somewhere around 100 - 200 messages per day. There is also a
>alt.binaries.pictures.sailor-moon which is exclusivly for Sailormoon
piuctures.
>I don't see an alt.binaries.pictures.dragonball anywhere.
> I mean Sailormoon and DragonBall Z are two of the most popular anime
>series ever. Why the constant bickering about Sailormoon?

That's exactly my point! You proved me wrong and you proved me right.
Sortta. Well there are a lot of SM fans, and there seems to be more SM than
DBZ, but one thing is that there seem to be more DBZ fans that only see the
NA version of it and well that might not be me, but there is always a lot of
talk about NA DBZ and how sorry it is, then why do so many ppl watch it, eh?
From what I have seen from the SM newsgroups, which I occasionally read,
nobody talks about NA SM, they talk about the Jap version mostly, even
though we do that here, there is usually a NA DBZ uprising once in a while.
Do u see anybody caring what happens to SM on USA channel? Not me. When it
all gets cancelled then something will happen, probably another SOS. If SM
were SO good, then how come when I go to the Anime Web Turnpike there are
all these links to SOS pages all over the world? Well, I sure am sounding
stupid right about now. If I'm wrong about any of this, then just prove to
me that I am wrong and I'll accept it. Well I know this isn't
alt.fan.sailormoon, so I'll stop now.

T.Vang

Tazer

Jun 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/10/98

Hoy!
Excuse me for just waking up, but on 19 May 1998 20:05:21 GMT, I saw
that v2...@aol.com (V2484) wrote:

>Are you sure about DBZ having more fans than Sailormoon? I mean, I don't see
>any good DragonBall Z fansubs on the net. There are excellent quality
>Sailormoon ones. There are a lot more Sailormoon web pages that Dragonball.
>Also, a lot more multimedia of Sailormoon is on the net than DragonBall. The
>stores are continuesly restocking Sailormoon merchandise, & there is a lot of
>Sailormoon merchandise, and i can hardly find DBZ stuff. Also,
>alt.fan.sailor-moon gets A LOT more messeges per day than this newsgroup. It
>gets somewhere around 100 - 200 messages per day. There is also a
>alt.binaries.pictures.sailor-moon which is exclusivly for Sailormoon piuctures.
>I don't see an alt.binaries.pictures.dragonball anywhere.
> I mean Sailormoon and DragonBall Z are two of the most popular anime
>series ever. Why the constant bickering about Sailormoon?

one of the reasons SM may have a larger fan-base is that there are
more girls involved in it. plus, guys like the girls fighting, as its
part cheesecake/part honest interest in the chara & storyline. DB had
VERY little cheesecake & DBZ had even less. as for A.F.S-Moon &
A.B.P.SM: half the stuff is drawings of Usagi & friends and the other
half is cheesecake & hentai stuff.

as for SM merchandise, I cant verify that. but I wouldnt say the
market is dead for it cuz I know that girls LOVED it. and some guys
too....

Tazer
"I hope that thing that floated by was a candy bar......." -Freakazoid!