DBZ movie I: SBW, Bridge Pictures release

Saiya-Jin Geert

Sep 15, 2001, 9:19:29 PM9/15/01
I just bought Dragonball Z movie I: Super Battle in the World,
from Bridge Pictures VHS. What's up with the sound? It's awefully!
This release from BP is just out, dated 2001...
Have all the DBZ movies got such a bad sound quality on both dvd and
vhs, or is it Bridge Pictures? (www.bridgekids.nl)
It is uncensored, cause it shows Gohan's weenie...

First time I've actually seen a DBZ movie. Was very cool to hear
HEAD-Cha-LA in the opening, but the sound in mono gets annoying...
Pretty cool movie, nice to see that the complete intro of DBZ was
taken from this movie. Explained a lot to me, like those flying
green/blue guys with katana's, and all the man in Saiya Jin armor
Gokou fights when releasing his Ki.

It was pretty cool to watch DBZ in a parallel Universe,
pretty confusing too, you can't really place it in the anime. and
Gokou has a very heavy voice (he sounds like a mad gorilla heavy
smoker LOL)
Gokou obviously died, cause King Kai is in it, and Gokou knows the
Kaioken attack, but all Z fighters are still alive, and they all know
nothing about Saiya Jins, Raditz, or any other aliens.
And Gohan has his little Dragon Pet is allready there, well,
sort off.. first time meeting...
The movie's aren't made by Akira Toriyama, right?

------------------------------
Saiya-Jin Geert

True Power is willing to
ascend to the next level
to overcome every obstacle

The Super Saiya-jin Jedi

Sep 15, 2001, 9:47:51 PM9/15/01
<snip>

Strange... the movie you describe is DBZ Movie 3, "Chikyuu
Marugoto Chou-Kessen," released in the US by Funimation and
Pioneer as "The Tree of Might."

I've never heard of Bridge Pictures, and I kinda wonder if they
really have the rights to this stuff... but the mono sound was like
that in the Japanese version (the US dub of said movie is in stereo,
but the music is kinda tinny; a trade off, I guess). It's also weird
that they'd be misnumbering the movies.

The movies have no bearing on the actual timeline of the series,
and they were not written by Akira Toriyama. According to the
dubs of the first three movies (which translated the opening
credits), the screenplay was done by a Takao Koyama.

Anyway... weird. I'm assuming that the Netherlands uses PAL
format, so I'm not sure if you'd be able to see the American VHS
or DVD releases. The English dubs of the first three movies are
quite good, although that of the fourth movie (which already
wasn't that great) really sucks.

--The Super Saiya-jin Jedi.

Saiya-Jin Geert

Sep 15, 2001, 10:21:45 PM9/15/01
That's weird, and I thought it was movie 1... darn Bridge pictures :(
They have the copyrights and stuff on it, but not from FUNimation,
But from AB. The copyrights are as following:
C Bird Studio / Shuelsha / Toei Animation 1990
All Rights Reserved
P 2001 Bridge Entertainment Group BV

The tapes are sold everywhere in toy stores in the Netherlands...
but the sound is completely mono, turn up the volume,
and you hear more rustles than the voices and music.
It's an American dub, with dutch subs...
The second movie is called: The Strongest Guy in the World,
probably just as bad as this one, and they announced 2 more releases.

Many thanks, now that I know there are much better versions,
I don't waste my money on Bridge Pictures other movies.
I have no region free dvd-rom player, but changed the code to region 1
(I got some DBZ dvd's) and the very can playback ntsc, no problem :)

------------------------------
Saiya-Jin Geert

True Power is willing to
ascend to the next level
to overcome every obstacle

On 16 Sep 2001 01:47:51 GMT, in alt.fan.dragonball jgj...@aol.com (The

Majetta

Sep 15, 2001, 10:29:11 PM9/15/01
Bridgekid releases suck. i got all 4 of them that they released
til now. here are a few reasons why they do and do not suck.

why they suck ?
1. the voices are crap
2. that`s it the voices are crap.
3. the titles are all wrong. the first dbz movie is
about garlic jr. they skipped that one.

why they don`t suck ?
1. i happend to be very fond of Dragonball
2. i`m am a collector, so sux or no sux i got to have it!

by the way did i tell you they suck

-----
check www.dividence.nl for Funimation releases in holland -assuming you are
from holland
they have the DVD sets 1-7 (6 & 7 on pre-order) 4 eps on each. buy those
instead
no credit card needed required

Kurirai

Sep 16, 2001, 1:25:39 AM9/16/01
>The English dubs of the first three movies are
>quite good

The English dubs of those movies are the absolute best Dragonball available in
English. Aside from the fact that Peter Kelamis still hadn't quite adjusted to
Goku, this is what English Dragonball should strive for.

------------------------

"Rock over London. Rock on, Chicago. Wheaties. Breakfast of Champions."
--Wesley Willis

Mirai Matt

Sep 16, 2001, 2:29:30 AM9/16/01
"Kurirai" <kur...@cs.com> wrote in message

> >The English dubs of the first three movies are
> >quite good
>
> The English dubs of those movies are the absolute best Dragonball
available in
> English. Aside from the fact that Peter Kelamis still hadn't quite
adjusted to
> Goku, this is what English Dragonball should strive for.

Kelamis was THERE by the time they dubbed movie 2. He _WAS_ English Gokuu.
He had it DOWN.

_____________
Mirai Matt
AIM: Mirai Matt
Journal: http://www.livejournal.com/users/miraimatt

"THAT'S BECAUSE CELL SAID HE SURPASSED HIM IN BRUTE FORCE.

WHICH IS NOT BEING OF A HIGHER POWER LEVEL.

GOOD GOD PEOPLE IT IS NOT SOME KIND OF SCIENCE INVOLVING ROCKETS AND
SCIENCES AND THE MATHS AND THE WHOOSHES AND THE BANG..."
--Talen, commenting on the USSJ Trunks vs. Perfect Cell thing

Mystic Nyoboi

Sep 16, 2001, 6:26:26 AM9/16/01

"Majetta" <gang...@planet.nl> schreef in bericht

> Bridgekid releases suck. i got all 4 of them that they released
> til now. here are a few reasons why they do and do not suck.

Yes they are crappy, I have the first two, but Im NOT even going to look at
the next two.
They completely messed it up. The first tape has "Super Battle in the World"
as a title, and it says Movie 1 in the lower right corner. On the back it
tells the story of Radditz coming to earth, along with two pictures. One of
Goku on Namek and one of Gohan from Movie 4.

The Second tape has "The Strongest Guy in the World" as a title, and it says
Movie 2 in the lower right corner.
On the back it tells the story of Dr. Wheelo which is correct.

Also on the back of both videos are pictures of other Dragonball Releases by
BP.
On the back of Tape one it says:
Movie 2: The Strongest guy in the world
Movie 3: Super Saiya SonGoku
Movie 4: In pursuit of Garlic
Movie 5: The Strongest Rivals
Movie 6: Fight: 10 Billion Power Warriors.

On the back of Tape 2 it says this:
Movie 1: In pursuit of Garlic
Movie 3: Super Battle in the World
Movie 4: Super Saiya SonGoku
Movie 5: The Strongest Rivals
Movie 6: Fight: 10 Billion Power Warriors.

Makes sense huh?
NOT

--
MN.
psychot...@yahoo.com

Burndit 2

Sep 16, 2001, 12:11:06 PM9/16/01
u got a bootleg the offical movie 1 ( in usa ) is called the dead zone and is
uncut also

Mystic Nyoboi

Sep 16, 2001, 12:19:11 PM9/16/01

"Burndit 2" <burn...@aol.com> schreef in bericht

> u got a bootleg the offical movie 1 ( in usa ) is called the dead zone and
is
> uncut also

Yep, I got the DVD.

Mirai Matt

Sep 16, 2001, 1:21:47 PM9/16/01

"Mystic Nyoboi" <psychot...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Well, tape 2 actually has them listed correctly, I'm pretty sure.

_____________
Mirai Matt
AIM: Mirai Matt
Journal: http://www.livejournal.com/users/miraimatt

"THAT'S BECAUSE CELL SAID HE SURPASSED HIM IN BRUTE FORCE.

WHICH IS NOT BEING OF A HIGHER POWER LEVEL.

GOOD GOD PEOPLE IT IS NOT SOME KIND OF SCIENCE INVOLVING ROCKETS AND
SCIENCES AND THE MATHS AND THE WHOOSHES AND THE BANG..."
--Talen, commenting on the USSJ Trunks vs. Perfect Cell thing

> --
> MN.
> psychot...@yahoo.com
> http://files.notrix.net

Mystic Nyoboi

Sep 16, 2001, 4:07:45 PM9/16/01

"Mirai Matt" <mira...@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht

Wasn't Movie 3 The Tree of Might?

Saiya-Jin Geert

Sep 16, 2001, 4:44:19 PM9/16/01
On Sun, 16 Sep 2001 04:29:11 +0200, in alt.fan.dragonball "Majetta"
<gang...@planet.nl> wrote something that caught my attention:

>Bridgekid releases suck. i got all 4 of them that they released
>til now.

>by the way did i tell you they suck
>-----
>check www.dividence.nl for Funimation releases in holland -assuming you are
>from holland
>they have the DVD sets 1-7 (6 & 7 on pre-order) 4 eps on each. buy those
>instead
>no credit card needed required

Many, Many Thanks Majetta =D
Wow, there only fl.34,95 each!!!
Man, that's cheap!!! I guess I'm still thinking about, ehm... DVD's
are like fl 60,- and tapes are fl 40,- that why I still buy tapes
instead of DVD's. Found some Region 1 DVD's from Dragonball Z, the
first two for fl. 25,- each, couldn't let that pass me by,
all though I got a lousy player who I can't register, cause I don't
have a creditcard. (stops with the audio after 15 minutes).
But this, in Region 2 is at a very, very good price, simply awesome!!!
Volume 5 & 6 are still in pre-order. I hope they soon get more,
Including movies, that would be awesome!!!
Thanks Again!!!

Mirai Matt

Sep 16, 2001, 4:40:05 PM9/16/01

> "Mirai Matt" <mira...@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
> >
> > "Mystic Nyoboi" <psychot...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > On the back of Tape 2 it says this:
> > > Movie 1: In pursuit of Garlic
> > > Movie 3: Super Battle in the World
> > > Movie 4: Super Saiya SonGoku
> > > Movie 5: The Strongest Rivals
> > > Movie 6: Fight: 10 Billion Power Warriors.
> > >
> > > Makes sense huh?
> > > NOT
> > >

> > Well, tape 2 actually has them listed correctly, I'm pretty sure.
>
> Wasn't Movie 3 The Tree of Might?

Yeah, as the AMERICAN title. The Japanese title was, in fact, something
pretty close to "Super Battle in the World", I think...

_____________
Mirai Matt
AIM: Mirai Matt
Journal: http://www.livejournal.com/users/miraimatt

"THAT'S BECAUSE CELL SAID HE SURPASSED HIM IN BRUTE FORCE.

WHICH IS NOT BEING OF A HIGHER POWER LEVEL.

GOOD GOD PEOPLE IT IS NOT SOME KIND OF SCIENCE INVOLVING ROCKETS AND
SCIENCES AND THE MATHS AND THE WHOOSHES AND THE BANG..."
--Talen, commenting on the USSJ Trunks vs. Perfect Cell thing

> --
> MN.
> psychot...@yahoo.com
> http://files.notrix.net

Saiya-Jin Geert

Sep 16, 2001, 4:47:46 PM9/16/01
On Sun, 16 Sep 2001 22:07:45 +0200, in alt.fan.dragonball "Mystic
Nyoboi" <psychot...@yahoo.com> wrote something that caught my
attention:

>> > Movie 3: Super Battle in the World
>

>Wasn't Movie 3 The Tree of Might?

Super Battle in the World is The Tree of Might.
It's just another title.